[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leaving For Bootcamp in a Month.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: pullup1-998x697.jpg (151KB, 998x697px) Image search: [Google]
pullup1-998x697.jpg
151KB, 998x697px
Hey /fit/,
I leave for Marine Corps Bootcamp in a little over a month and I was wondering what I should be doing to prepare. I'd appreciated advice from service members and civilians in the know. I can already bang out 20 pull ups and 100 crunches, but my 1.5mi run is 11:20. Is that alright?
>>
>>35660335
run more, their test is timed 3 miles not 1.5
>>
You'll be fine. Get to ur run time down and don't forget pushups.
>>
Get your 1.5m run down to 9mins.
That's an optimal time to breeze through most shit thrown at you
A time of 10mins is ok but you will struggle undoubtedly with anything above a moderate level pt sessio or most field stuff.

So yeah get 9 mins on run is my recommendation. Your pullups are fine.
>>
Make sure you get that butthole nice and stretched so it ain't as painful when you get assraped
>>
>>35660335
Don't worry about the pt as much. Seems competitive. But, make sure you fucking learn to salute right. If I catch you on NAS Pensacola and you fucking suck at saluting, I'll tear you a new asshole.
Officerfag here
>>
>>35660441
go back to being a paperpushing faggot
>>
File: Cat.gif (985KB, 347x197px) Image search: [Google]
Cat.gif
985KB, 347x197px
>>35660348
>>35660352
>>35660365
Thanks, my run time does worry me a bit. Any tips for improving lung capacity, or is it just as simple as runmorefagit?

>>35660382
I've been prepping for the big green one by getting my friend to fist me every night.
no homo

>>35660441
Speaking of, where can I pick up some knowledge? When I asked my recruiter about things like rank and bearing he told me to google it...
>>
>>35660441
found the manlet
>>
This is my regiments workout.

http://2commando.gov.au/images/2_cdo_regt_suggested_physical_training_workouts.pdf

If you can do most of the shit on here then you will be fine. Get used to cadence squats and pushups. I dont know how similar to marine corps this is, especially considering that we make fun of US SF all the time.

Just fucking RUN all the time. Go for a 30 kilometer hike with 45kgs on your back, if you cant do it in 2 hours then youre fucked.
>>
Literally dont even worry about it op. I trained my ass off for it only to get there and be in a platoon with 60 percent weak ass pasty neets who could only do like 2 pullups. Guess how many graduated..... yupp all of them. It's impossible to fail I got pneumonia went to the ER for three days and lost 60 pounds in a month and still graduated
>>
>>35660813
Should mention lost 60 lbs of mostly muscle. I went in at 6'3 240 maybe like 16 percent fat and by week four I was 180 due to losing literally all my gains plus probably decalcifying my bones. I graduated the very goddam definition of skinnyfat
>>
>>35660335
marine corp officer here. To improve your mile time, you need to run, and run fast. You only have a month, so don't injure yourself, but I would start with running a mile, as fast as you can, then jog a mile, then run another mile as fast as you can. Work your way up until you can basically run three miles at a fast pace. Sprints can also help.
>>
File: 1423127085783.gif (1MB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1423127085783.gif
1MB, 300x188px
>Go for a 30 kilometer hike with 45kgs on your back, if you cant do it in 2 hours then youre fucked.

Wow, that's such a great idea

if you want to fuck up your knees for no reason.
>>
>>35660441
Kek that's my hometown sempai.
>>
>>35660866
*3 hours sorry
Has to be done anon. If you cant do it you arent cut out for sf
>>
>>35660335
What meps did you go through?
>>
File: 1452417760396.jpg (72KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1452417760396.jpg
72KB, 1024x768px
>>35660938
Seattle

>>35660897
So like a 6mph pace? Not too crazy for Special Operations, but I'm just talking about the Marines. Thanks for the pdf though.

>>35660850
Thanks, I like this plan. I'll wake up early tomorrow and do this, probably on a treadmill.

>>35660846
>>35660813
I've heard this kind of story before, do they starve you during boot, or does all the cardio kill gains?
>>
>>35660335
just be able to do 60 push ups/sit ups in a minute, and run 3 miles, not 1.5. get good at running and know that it's just a big fucking mind game
>>
>>35661010
Dude they don't really Starve you i had plenty off time to eat-provided all manners went out the window and I basically got my mouth to table level and shoveled everything it. Pro tip don't ever get the chicken or the ribs. They make u use silverware and if you use your fingers your done eating. You will never be able to get enough meat off of a chicken bone or rib using a spoon and will go hungry.

What caused it was just all the stupidirt cardio and drill. And I got sick literally day two. Had a super high fever and lung full of liquid which in turn forced much heart to work three times as hard to provide enough oxygen to my body and therefore caused an insane calories burn. I don't exactly remember but my resting heart rate was something like 96. AT REST. and after having like 30 minutes to chill and de stress at the doctors. The doc told me my "Ferrari engine of a heart" was the only thing that kept me alive since with all the activity I was probably pushing 180 beats per minute at all time and if I wasn't in such good shape before hand a lesser heart would've gone into cardiac arrest. It was entirely my fault though I refused to go to medical until after exactly a month and a week of this plus vomiting due to nausea and blacking out once (luckily there was no corps man around and a recruit poured a canteen on me so no silver bullet)
>>
>>35660746
>100 lb ruck pack
>6min/mile pace
>2 hours
STOLEN VALOR
>>
>>35661070
Holy shit m8, guess you really didn't want to get recycled. Thanks for the chow tip, I wouldn't have thought of that.
>>
>>35661115
yea, that is impossible. At TBS, did a few hikes with 100 pounds, and the speed was 3 miles an hour, and that was pretty fast for most of us.
>>
The actual PT down at bootcamp is pretty cake if you can do that.

Do LOTS of calisthenics. You probably won't touch weights until you're active duty. If you really want to turn heads be able to do 20+ pull ups, run at a 6 minute mile pace for at least 3 miles, and be able to do ab exercises until you get bored. Being able to hike with heavy shit also helps. Try rucking, but make sure you read guides on how to do it correctly so you don't properly fuck yourself up before you go.
>>
>>35661129
Nah I was just an idiot And wanted to be "hard corps" Here's basically what happened
>be me
>dying
>go to dentist and get wisdom teeth surgery and some sweet sweet hydrocondone and allowed to chill in bed for rest of day
>not supposed to train the next day either to let stitches set in
>gee might as well go to the doctors I guess since I can't workout today anyways. Technically I'm not bitching out of anything since I'm legally not allowed to train today.
>ask DI
>"sure thing recruit, if you're a faggot"
>whatever man, I'm not even supposed to be here today Randle
>go to doctors
>anon put this on your finger we need to check your vitals before we let you in
>okay.jpeg
>holy shit you have a fever of 105 and your lungs are only working like a little bit
>cue oxygen tank, wheelchair and face mask to not give everyone else Ebola
>Disney front of the line pass to every test
>doctor pulls blood and doesn't even send it to lab. Can visibly see white cottage cheese in it from infection
>lungs look like a 50 year old smoker
>ambalamps ride to hospital
>they try to give me drugs
>"This recruit is on hydrocondone and antinflammatories sir"
>holy shit recruit thanks for telling us, you would've died if u didn't say anything and we gave you this meds. Why the fuck are you on those pain killers?
>"This recruit had wisdom teeth surgery yesterday sir"
>WHAT KINDO OF FUCKING QUACK WOULD OPERATE ON A PATIENT IN YOUR CINDITION?!
>doctor was apparently like an 06 or something in the Navy
>dentists got fired
>spent a week in the hospital and my gf came to visit since lol California native
>>
>>35661010
Lol fuck you really

Were you there when sweetwater was there?

I was at Seattle MEPS on wednesday/thursday
>>
>>35660746
>pretending to be from 2CDO
>posting the most outdated shitfight program
>cadence squats LOL
>30km hike? i think you mean pack march. you even army?
>2 hours 30km with 45kg.

Please go, you must be a POG
>>
>>35661253
I kek'd, Navy Medicine is fucking top jej.

>>35661265
Well fuck me. Sweetwater sounds super familiar, but I was there a few weeks ago.
I'm out of RSS Bremerton, you?
>>
Went to Paris Island myself, it's an experience I'll let you learn but some tips I would offer, run. Run and run. To build your lung capacity I'd recommend swimming if you can and one thing people normally forget is to work on strengthening your triceps, you don't want to be going in through am obstacle course then comes a part you simply can't do due to a neglected muscle group
>>
>>35660561
What's wrong with Googling it? God forbid you do half an hour of research towards something that will change your life.
>>
>>35661494
A recruiter is suppose to help prep you for boot camp, said recruiter telling him to Google it is just sad. Shit recruiter is shit.
>>
File: 1419791520411.jpg (92KB, 571x571px) Image search: [Google]
1419791520411.jpg
92KB, 571x571px
>>35661461
Tacoma brobee

x) im going army ... sweet water was the nickname the big african american sergeant who watches you piss gave to this guy who couldnt piss in a cup

How about that blonde nurse huh. The little tatted up one. Bretty cute eh
>>
>>35660441
You have no power here ocifferfegget
>>
>>35660441

I was at NAS Pensacola, are you that fag LT that was getting pegged by highschool girls? My buddy dated a friend of one of the girls that did it, you fucking slut.
>>
>>35660746

that workout looks retarded.
>>
Find a video of someone on YouTube crying...more like Sobbing and play that as you're getting ready to go to sleep. Get used to falling asleep to that sound.

> woOOoo
> " The fuck?"
> WooOoOooOoO
> " god damnit"
> WOOOOOO
> " WILL SOMEONE SHUT THAT GHOST THE FUCK UP"
> I..i Mmm mm miss my ff fh family
> " Well i miss getting a good nights sleep. Which one of our problems can be solved by you shutting the fuck up?"
> . . . . . . . . .wooo
> " Go cry in the bathroom like the rest of us!"
>>
>>35660335
oh shit lmfao, I actually thought that pic was of a concentration camp at first HOLY SHI T LOLL
>>
>>35663763
>>
>>35663413
USMC ladies & gents
>>
>>35660561
Soldier here. You can improve a lot doing 60's/1:20's and hill sprints.
>>
Start yelling for days before you go. Keep your throat fresh.
>>
>>35660522
>>35663011
>Can't recognize falseflagging
Go visit /v/ for a bit.
>>
File: 253.jpg (323KB, 1260x1782px) Image search: [Google]
253.jpg
323KB, 1260x1782px
>>35663763
kek
>>
>>35663763
> going into the bathroom to cry while guys are trying to masturbate in there
>>
>>35660335
>peacetime marine corps
work on screaming and mopping.
>>
>>35660866
Nothing will prepare you for a 70km hike with 60kg on your back. You americunts don't probably have anything this manly as part of your training tough.
>>
>>35660441
>the bootenant is mad I didn't salute him waaah
faggot ass winger
>>
>>35664594
This, at night was guaranteed bathroom jack off time
>>
>>35661070
Why would they use silverware and not just regular metal forks and knives?
>>
>>35660365
A 9 min 1.5 mile is the qualifying run time for any special forces force in the world and is a challenging time to beat. If you running a 9 min 1.5 then dont aim so low as the Marines, go to ranger school or higher sf.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.