[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So seriously, is warming up just a meme to waste valuable time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: platysma.png (405KB, 595x412px) Image search: [Google]
platysma.png
405KB, 595x412px
So seriously, is warming up just a meme to waste valuable time getting gains?

I could just do 1 set of light weight to warm up for the exercise. Giving me the warm-up I need and to check up on form.
>>
File: g4p.jpg (119KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
g4p.jpg
119KB, 720x960px
>>35654882
>warming up is just a meme
Yeah man, just hop right into those working weights. We dont care about injuries, we're freaks!
>>
>>35654926

Alright fine. Then let's say I don't have the patience or the time to spend 10 mins getting bored and draining my glucose on some faggot ass elliptical.

can I just do 10 push-ups, 10 squats, and some light stretching for 3 minutes?
>>
>>35655106
Just start with a really fucking light weight, and work your way up in 25lbs increments with sets of doubles or triples to get to your goal weight, and then do your sets
>>
>>35655106
Don't waste time warming up and enjoy the wasted time recovering from injuries. Seriously, every single athlete in the World warms up properly and you have no reasons for skipping such an important part of training
>>
>>35655106
Well the proper way to warm up for strength training is not just doing some light cardio. It usually involves movements to warm up certain muscles and loosen certain joints. I reccomend you do some research and look into some of the links in the sticky.
Here's a video to help as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH11j4kSQ8E
>>
>>35655329
Maby some static strecthing and some dynamic movements, and you're good to go.
>>
>>35655106
>cardio to warm up for lifting weights
Read the fucking sticky as you clearly don't have a proper routine either.
>>
> working abs

> warming up

> streching

all memes
>>
>>35654882
>do you need to warm up?

Depends on the person. I spent 5 yrs doing stretching & warm ups; last 7 yrs without it. For me its just a waste of time.
>>
>>35655329

That's what I'm saying! Everytime I've done this I've been lifting more, my confidence gradually builds up the more weight I stack. Recently I've been hearing a lot of talk about how important warming up is and started running on the treadmill for 10 mins. Shit makes me feel weak as fuck when I'm done.

Warming-up is a fucking meme. You wanna avoid injury? Do some mobility stretching before a lift, don't waste your time with that shit.
>>
>>35654882
Anything over 50% of your 1rpm is considered a work set.
>>
>>35655441
>Warming-up is a fucking meme. You wanna avoid injury? Do some mobility stretching before a lift, don't waste your time with that shit.
YEAH BRO YOU HEAR ALL THOSE JOINTS POPPING THATS THE SOUND OF GAINS MAN
>>
>>35655378
Do a good warm-up. A few minutes of light cardio is a good general warm-up. Then before you do each exercise, do 8-12 reps with very light weight. Many weight lifting workouts have a built-in warm-up, where you start with a light weight and then increase the weight gradually with each set. See this link for further information about warming up.

Looks like you didn't read the sticky.
>>
>>35654882
You dummy, without warming up first you dramatically increase your risk of injury! YOU CAN'T TRAIN IF YOU'RE RECOVING FROM AN INJURY! Do 10-15 minutes of cardio first, then do a warm-up set first if you're lifting heavy on any exercise.
>>
>>35656005

I read the sticky and it's pretty much saying the same thing I've been saying. Why do the 10-15 minutes of cardio when you can just warm-up with the bar? I understand if you're working out legs, but doing that shit for my chest, arms, and back days? Fuck that shit.
>>
>>35656139
Mate, do you not understand how to warm up for weightlifting?

It's not "single activity functions as warm-up for all exercises", warming-up is specific to the exercise you're trying to do.
>>
>>35654882
DYEL detected. Please post a pic and prove me otherwise.
>>
>>35655329
Should you do this for every single exercise you're going to do? Or let's say you have squats first, is it OK to warm up on squats only for lower body, and then warm up on bench press or ohp for upper body? And then do every other lift without a warmup?
>>
>>35656139
Are you actually retarded?
Do a bench press at 85lbs and go slowly to warm up your joints/muscles.
Do a squat at 135lbs and go slowly to warm up your joints/muscles.

That is literally all there is to it.
>>
>>35656281

Exactly, for chest and shoulders I do arm circles and doorway stretches. Arms, I hit the bags for 1 round. Back, just some supermans cause back is a mystery to me. Legs, hip openers and some ham and quad stretches. Each of those doesn't take me more than 3 minutes to finish.

What I want to know is why are all these faggots telling me to waste energy on cardio when I can just go right ahead and fire up my CNS right away.
>>
>>35656390
You have to be a troll, because nobody is telling you to do cardio.
>>
Just do the exercise with progressively heavier weight until you hit your working weight, it's not hard. Takes maybe 5 minutes.
>>
>>35655329
But isn't exactly this what's called warmup
>>
>>35654882
I just work my way up, for example:
60kg 5 reps warming up for squat
80kg 5 reps warming up for squat
105kg 3x5 reps
>>
always warm up with 40 50 and 60% of your 1rm for around 5 reps, it pays off big time
>>
>>35656139
Dude, I don't even know who to believe. All I know right now is that the sticky says you need cardio for warming up and that consensus in this thread is that you only need progressively heavier warm-up sets.

I mean, if you guys say the sticky is wrong, then that's what you guys are saying. I'm not an expert on this shit, I don't even lift.
>>
>>35656576
But then why are you even posting here
>>
>>35656586
Because I want to know how to warm up for lifting.
>>
>>35656448

>"Do a good warm-up. A few minutes of light cardio is a good general warm-up" -Sticky-san

>"You dummy, without warming up first you dramatically increase your risk of injury! YOU CAN'T TRAIN IF YOU'RE RECOVING FROM AN INJURY! Do 10-15 minutes of cardio first" Anon3565005-kun

>"Aren't we gonna warm-up first dude?...hmmm I'm just gonna go to the stepper for a few minutes man, I'll be back later" gymbuddy-senpai

>"You don't warm up? Maaaan that's fucked up, I do at least 1 hour of light jogging before lifting" Skelly-niichan
>>
>>35656618
What I suggest you do then is try both suggestions and decide what you feel is better for you.
>>
>>35656654
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>35654882
I don't know, I like to work up to my weight.
I squat 95kg, so I do 50x5, then 75x5 and then 95x5x5.
>>
>>35656009
>>35656629
>"You dummy, without warming up first you dramatically increase your risk of injury! YOU CAN'T TRAIN IF YOU'RE RECOVING FROM AN INJURY!

Have been lifting heavy & competing for 20 yrs. Met, trained with thousands of people. ... do not know 1 person who was injured due to not "warming up".

Just crack your neck and lift.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.