[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any lifters who smoke here? Do you find it's a big bane

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: 1445686485548.jpg (99KB, 595x596px) Image search: [Google]
1445686485548.jpg
99KB, 595x596px
Any lifters who smoke here?
Do you find it's a big bane in lifting?
I don't want to quit but I want to look good.
>>
smoke weed
>>
yeah i roll like ten a day

it doesn't kill gains, just you
>>
>big bane

WW
>>
>>35654354
Starting smoking ended up being the reason I couldn't become a lifter. Destroyed my gains, and the cardio damage gave me ED.

Only now quitting and recovering from the damage. Quit while you (presumably) have minimal impact on your life.
>>
>>35654354

It depends on you as a person, and your ability to eat. If you find no trouble bulking with nicotine in your system, then by all means. It won't kill your gains, just you.

That said, nicotine can lead to lower appetite. If you find yourself having trouble bulking because you just don't get as hungry, it'd be a point for quitting.

Also, doing any kind of cardio-heavy sport while smoking is just fucking dumb.

I fucking love smoking. I really do. But it had to go if I wanted to reach my other goals.

Your case might be different, it's up to you.
>>
>>35654354
I smoke cigars once or twice a week with my friends at a very nice full-building humidor cigar shop here in my city.

Beyond that, nope.
>>
Used to smoke and it fucks you up cardio vascular wise, high rep movements made me winded and the walk to and from my gym hurt my chest sometimes. Also it made work really a pain in the ass.

Quit smoking cigs, kept smoking weed, picked up on vaping.

Feel much better, but I feel like I should find a better way to go about weed though,
Maybe I'll get an herb vaporizer or get into dabs, thoughts?
>>
>>35654408
>Quit while you (presumably) have minimal impact on your life.
I've been smoking for 3ish years now. My erections flatlines about a year in but they're strong as ever now because my diet is bretty healthy so I'm not concerned about that. I even get spontaneous erections/unwanted ones when a really fit girl walks by
>>
regularly I smoke 2-3 cigs a day during the week. If I drink then ill usually finish whats left of my pack in the weekend. Admittedly, it is a dumb habit but I love just thinking while listening to music with a dart. One of lifes luxuries to me. I can go days without smoking too if I dont want to so Ive never felt that its been a problem. Ive been making good gains over the years, I dont really do cardio but I do manual labor so I can stay pretty lean. Might quit one day if I have a compelling enough reason too but I feel like 2 a day is master race.

Also I usually dont smoke for a few hours before my workout so my blood pressure is at normal levels while I lift. If youre hard core addicted and smoke more than 6-10 a day I would definitely say quit
>>
>>35654354
Who is this great little whore
>>
His do I quit? I wear a patch at work but as soon as I'm off I take it off and smoke how can I stop
>>
>>35654554
>better way to go about weed though
if u live in a legal state you should just grow it. you'll see it's way cheaper and better quality.
>>
As a vapist it bothers be when people tell me my habit is bad. I'm fit and healthy. Let me vape in peace
>>
>>35655764
I meant a healthier way of ingesting it, I can get my medical card if I really wanted to but I want the safest method of getting stoned Bc obviously sucking down butane fumes and burnt plant matter isn't ideal
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 288x314px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 288x314px
>>35655776
Vapist
>>
>>35654354
>big bane
Why do you wear the mask?
>>
>>35654354
Quit for the sake of your skin bruv
>>
>>35654354

im off cigarettes for 2 days now man

its terrible to quit but i try to do it

chance of failure is still at like 90%+ so dont expect anything from me

its a slow process

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z16vhtjWKL0

this video is the best i have ever seen on that topic
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 262x312px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 262x312px
>>35655776
>vapist
Wanna know how I know you're 12 years old?
>>
>>35655977
Wut
>>
File: 1453032024352.jpg (112KB, 960x784px) Image search: [Google]
1453032024352.jpg
112KB, 960x784px
>imbibing the herbal jew
Shiggy
>>
>>35655850
dabs/edibles are basically the healthiest option
only problem with dabs is that you get a bit of this phlegm stuff in your throat from (presumably) all the material that wasn't absorbed in your lungs. it doesn't hurt, its not carcinogenic so basically its a nuisance at most.
>>
>>35654354
Smoking is for literal faggots and if you smoke and lift I've got sum bad news for you cuz
>Unhealthy as fuck
>Literally kills you
>Expensive af
>Kills gains
>More people (girls) think it looks repulsive than they think it looks cool
>It only feels nice because you have a nicotine addiction
>Urine faggot
Literally why?
>>
>>35655756
I dunno man, I guess you just need to have a good reason to quit and keep reminding yourself of it. I quit two months ago after several years smoking so I could improve my appetite and bulk, haven't touched a single one yet despite my house being full of smokers. It really isn't that difficult when you have other goals that take priority.
>>
>>35654354
Has little effect on skeletal tissue. But your pulmonary system will feel it. Makes cardio harder if you use that in conjunction with diet to shred
>>
>>35657803
>>Kills gains

source it then faggot

inb4 'i just know cuz im smurt'
>>
I quit smoking when I started lifting because I didnt feel like it anymore. Before workout I would feel out of breath too easily and after workout, for some reason, it tasted like shit.
>>
>>35654354

Yes

But I've only smoked a ljttle less than half a pack in the last 12 months

So it doesn't really impact my lifts

Or more importantly my wallet

Srs I have the same pack from last year in my car
>>
>>35657928
Kills red blood cells/ruins cardiovascular system. Harder time getting metabolites etc to muscles, harder time makin gains nigga. Also you'll just be more tired and won't be able to go as hard in high rep sets because of said less effective CV system. Low rep stuff shouldn't be too effected but it will also take you longer to recover between sets
>>
>>35655776
Coming from someone who's vaped to quit dip, it IS a douchey habit
>>
>>35658089
No, dip is the grossest habit
>>
>>35654485
this picture is great
>>
>>35654394
underrated post
>>
>>35654354
>Do you find it's a big bane
For you
>>
BANE?
>>
>>35655057
Rachel Cook. Top tier waifu
>>
>>35654354
Try Swedish snus
>>
who here vapes?
>>
I don't see why people are saying it kills gains. It kills you, yes, but my gains have been fine.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
11KB, 225x225px
quit cigs and smoke weed everyday.
>>
>>35654554
Dabs are so potent, but the vapes for them are so cheap.

Just get a Pax 2, herb vaporizer, I use mine daily.
>>
Yes, but only crack.
>>
File: image.jpg (407KB, 1831x2000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
407KB, 1831x2000px
>>35654354
>bane

Now is not the time to fear, anon. That comes later.
>>
>>35655051
comfy post bro
>>
>>35654354
(assuming you mean cigs)
the fact that it straight fucks with your respiratory system which is VITAL for lifting or any kind of strenuous activity is reason enough to quit.

Let alone the plethora of health issues you're in line for.

OF course you don't want to quit, you're already nicotine dependent. but you should though for your own sake
>>
File: 1451654280273.jpg (54KB, 637x638px) Image search: [Google]
1451654280273.jpg
54KB, 637x638px
switch to e-cigs.
best thing ever
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.