[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a really good fighting style to train to be able to defeat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9

File: fight.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
fight.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
What is a really good fighting style to train to be able to defeat someone in a fight? My mothers boyfriend has been threatening to beat my ass to a bloody pulp lately. I just want to be prepared for if and when the time comes. I have wanted to fight back for some time now but i fear the consequences. He is a bit older and was in the military. Any thoughts?
>>
The ancient art of hit him in the jaw hard before he hits you jutsu
>>
>>35651594
I just want to be able to defeat him without getting hurt myself.
>>
>>35651574
learn muay thai
>>
MCMAP

you'll literally be able to kill anyone. YouTube that video where all the ufc fighters get BTFO by MCMAP black belts
>>
>>35651651
Can you actually learn how to fight over youtube or would u have to buy a class? Whats a good price range for that kind of thing?
>>
>>35651574
Krav maga.
Deadliest CQC style in the world, brother.
>>
Boxing or Muay Thai. It's good to throw in some wrestling from time to time.

Now for burgers it's different, because of the high percentage of wrestling practitioners in schools, so you need to focus much more on ground-game or avoiding takedowns and finishing the bastard. In that case boxing then MMA.
>>
>>35652099
Wow the only good advice in the thread. Weren't you aware that this is a troll thread though friend?
>>
>>35652133
Well at least I hope that somebody didn't realize that like me and benefits from the advice. Surprisingly many fighting threads are troll threads though, martial arts are the best option for cardio any /fit/izen can hope for.
>>
File: Snapchat-1192130652268953966.jpg (170KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1192130652268953966.jpg
170KB, 720x1280px
Op here. Go upstairs to brush my teeth and this is my toothbrush. He put it in his ass I guess
>>
>>35652317
Ruin his reputation and break his relationship with your mother, faggot.
Then call the cops on him for verbal threats of assault.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 266x400px
>>35651615
Its all about being on your toes mentally, going with the punches and knowing how to take one and making sure your hits have enough force/precision to knock the other motherfucker out. You can trivialize it with all these brand style fighting companies but in the end of the day its all in the moment, you just have to train enough and practice enough so that when the moment comes to you so does all your experience. The best tool any fighter has is the element of surprise, the best way to use it is by not being haughty and tough but just being a killing machine that does what he was trained to do when the time comes. In other words be the biggest most resilient unpredictable cunt when punches start flying but only when they do and control your breathing for optimal performance but this comes with experience and just having your body adjust to a fight scenario. Good luck man
>>
>>35652346
Well he just drove 6 hours up north with her and I wont see them for 2 weeks
>>
>>35652569
Who gives a fuck, do it when he gets back
>>
>>35651672
Youtube videos help fundamentals, but you need to train. If you have any hope of being able to perform ANYTHING under stress (not only combat related), you need repetition.

I would recommend Krav Maga, but I hear Muay Thai and Jeet Kune Do are good as well for practical fighting.

OP, you sound pretty young and I have no idea the situation you are in, but just remember that courts will view self defense as what a "reasonable person" would deem threatening. If you are bigger than the guy and confident in your abilities (judging by your post you aren't) you could bait him into trying to physically attack you then kick his ass.

Oh ya, remember that the person who throws the first punch is statistically more likely to win.
>>
>>35652648
itll be hard to stay mad for 2 weeks
>>
>>35651574
The real answer: The best dojo/gym in your area. Style doesn't matter, just don't go to some McDojo where they hand out belts.
>>
>>35651574
>my mother's boyfriend
just duel him in a rap battle, Rabbit
>>
>>35651574
> I just want to be able to defeat him without getting hurt myself.
Then you won't win. You have to be willing to get hurt, eager to feel that hit. It should excite you, make you want to return it 10x.

And anyone who tries to act hard is usually a full blown pussy. Especially people who were in the military.
>>
Every martial art ever as long as you can spar.

If youre around the same size and same weight do boxing, muay thai, kickboxing etc.
If he's bigger and heavier than you do something like BJJ.

What matters the most is finding a good gym and fighting against guys that know what they're doing.
>>
>>35651574
Start a fight club with some buds. You wont necessarily learn how to fight, but you'll learn HOW to fight. Know what I mean? Also, if you haven't already, start lifting and go hard on cardio. Fighting tires you out faster than you'd think (real fighting, not "let me dance for 20 minutes" MMA fighting) so you'll need to be able to last a while before you hit the wall.
>>
On a related note my wife's boyfriend is threatening to beat me if I walk in on them having sex ever again, what should i do?
>>
>>35653400
Every fight ive ever seen lasts like 2 minutes at best.
>>
>>35653448
top cuck
>>
>>35651574
Go to a bank and change a fiver for nickels. Then put those nickels into a good long wool sock. Next time you see him, swing that sock as hard as you can and hit him square in his fucking face. Hit him again if he doesn't go down, and then work his rib cage and kidneys for a while when he's down, maybe the thighs too. Problem solved OP.
>>
>>35653453
That should be a sign to you. Start working on your cardio so you can stay in for the long haul.
If you want to fight, just start fighting. It will train your reflexes, teach you what works and what doesn't work, and how to handle yourself. It will also get you used to the pain (which is negligible in itself and nonexistent during the fight due to the adrenaline pumping through you). If you want to absolutely destroy someone then by all means, go pay for a class and learn an actual style.
>>
>>35653476

It'd an agreement we came to, I'm not around enough to please her so this has become the norm.
>>
File: smug robot.jpg (12KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
smug robot.jpg
12KB, 264x191px
>>35653523
>>
>>35653516
>long haul
No "street" fight lasts for the long haul. Taking martial arts classes will only teach you how to punch and how to punch hard, and that's all that matters. Hit first and hit fucking hard
>>
>>35651574
Police calls

ive trained in several fighting styles and beat up several people who tried to attack me

I recommend police call
>>
>>35651574
Pepper spray, the strongest you can find. Try to get the stuff that shoots out a foam. Then take your belt off and whip the shit out of him.

Most people don't expect to get sprayed. Although there is a chance he will power through it, i think military guys are trained to deal with tear gas.
>>
>>35651594
I wouldn't recommend average people go round punching people in the jaw, they will probably get a boxer's fracture. Punch em in the nose.
>>
File: kouchi_makikomi1.gif (1MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
kouchi_makikomi1.gif
1MB, 240x180px
>>35651574
Military will usually use judo/grapple/ground and pound. So OP, either make sure you get the first punch before he does anything, or take him to the ground first and throw a volley of face punches to make sure he doesnt get up and beat your ass for being a dyel bitch.
>>
File: 1450054157745.jpg (102KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1450054157745.jpg
102KB, 640x640px
What's the best self defence training for very short manlets?
Let's say I have a 'friend' who is 5'4.
>>
>>35654074
Get inside their reach, hit em in the solar plexus and liver
>>
This topic has already been covered on this board extensively, OP you are going to want to use a pipe bomb.
>>
File: uchi_mata.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
uchi_mata.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>35654074
Use your height to an advantage and learn basic throws and takedowns. With your low center of gravity normal heights will have a bit harder time with takedowns on you. Assuming with your height you are bulky and strong. Using your oppenents weight against them. If your not strong you may be fucked though
>>
>>35654074
as a 5' 8" guy who has been in one fight I can tell you what I did to win, but I can't guarantee it will work for you.

>fake swing at his jaw with left hand
he will attempt to block it

>punch him in gut with your right hand
it's important that you land this blow and use all your strength. This decides the fight

>tackle him to the ground while he is disoriented
you have a lower and more stable center of gravity

>beat the ever loving shit of out him while you're on top

that's how i won my only fight. I used to scrap with my brother when we were kids, but it was mostly a scramble to see who could get the other into a choke-hold first, so it didn't help.
>>
>>35653992
>Try to get the stuff that shoots out a foam.
That stuff is known to be absolute shit, it has difficulty getting into your assailant's eyes.

>Then take your belt off and whip the shit out of him.

Yes, attack him with a weapon while he is disabled with pepper spray, surely the courts will look favorably upon you.

>Although there is a chance he will power through it, i think military guys are trained to deal with tear gas.

Military are trained to smell chemical agents and then put on a gas mask. Unless he is Military Police, he won't be experienced in the use of pepper spray.
>>
>>35651574
> He is a bit older and was in the military. Any thoughts?

depends on the exact training he had in the military you're fucked anyways. I know a guy who was in some special unit shit in russia. these guys don't learn it for fun, they do it to kill you with there bare hands when necessary.
>>
>>35651574
Seeing as you have already mastered the art of being a faggot I suggest you try the ancient art of claybird shooting. In my experience shotgun beats most other fighting styles.
>>
File: Ceasar.jpg (98KB, 450x592px) Image search: [Google]
Ceasar.jpg
98KB, 450x592px
>>35651615
I'm going to tell you right now that if you go into a fight with that attitude, you'll lose. You have to accept that you might get beat pretty bad in the process and embrace it.

Otherwise you'll be reluctant to go in and hit him. You'll just circle around him trying to avoid getting hit until you just lose.

I used to be terrible at sparring because of this. You have to just go in and realize you might get your shit slapped, and lose your apprehension. I don't mean go in swinging like a retard, but don't be so afraid to get hurt that you don't step forward at all.
>>
if you think you have no chance, you can try catching him off guard.

Either use a weapon or call the cops after he beats your ass
>>
>>35654743
Interesting
>>
>>35651574

Taekwondobuyagun

It's a modern take on the traditional martial arts, Taekwondo, very effective in close and distance fights.
>>
>>35651574
if he was in the military call the cops and tell them he is having a PTSD breakdown and needs to be put on an Asylum of course after you take the beating. I suggest learning how to curl up to a ball and protect your vitals and have an escape route after you get beat.
>>
>>35654931
Most realistic, and smartest answer.

Let's be honest, he probably has 70lb on OP, and wouldn't be afraid to murder him.

>wussing out BEFORE taking a single beating
>>
>>35651574
Krav maga, Muay thai and taekwondo.
>>
>>35652694
In the court of law the person who throws the first punch committed assault
>>
>>35653523
Fake and gay
>>
OP is Kill
>>
>>35655162
Incorrect. Self Defense in almost all jurisdictions covers the act of preemptive self defense. If you believe that bodily contact against you is imminent, you can take necessary action to prevent an attack.

This is Section 34 of the Canadian Criminal Code:

Self-defence against unprovoked assault
34. (1) Every one who is unlawfully assaulted without having provoked the assault is justified in repelling force by force if the force he uses is not intended to cause death or grievous bodily harm and is no more than is necessary to enable him to defend himself.
Extent of justification
(2) Every one who is unlawfully assaulted and who causes death or grievous bodily harm in repelling the assault is justified if

(a) he causes it under reasonable apprehension of death or grievous bodily harm from the violence with which the assault was originally made or with which the assailant pursues his purposes; and
(b) he believes, on reasonable grounds, that he cannot otherwise preserve himself from death or grievous bodily harm.
>>
>>35655162
>>35655242
This is the legal test that lawyers will attempt to prove/disprove in a criminal court case when a person preemptively attacks an assailant:

The crown has the burden of disproving at least one of the elements of the defence beyond a reasonable doubt:

1.) force was for the purpose of preventing an assault on self or person under his protection.

2.) no more force than necessary to prevent assault or repetition having regard to the nature of assault to be prevented[3]

3.) the force was proportionate to the danger threatened.
>>
>>35652099

Most of the other advice is more or less useless compared to what this guy said. Boxing is where it's at.

Street fights are either flailing arms or rolling around hitting each others backs. Land that first punch properly and he'll be a little bitch.
>>
>>35651574
sounds like a white trash family...
if your mother risks your health by letting a jerk into your family, you should talk to her about it. If she doesn´t care u should probably kill your mother and her boyfriend while they´re asleep
>>
Learn a few basic takedowns, chokes, joint locks so you have some basic grappling knowledge. Then to top it off learn some boxing.
>>
>>35651574
Grappling:
-wrestling
-judo
-BJJ

Striking:
-Muay Thai
-Kickboxing
-Boxing

Get really good at any of these and you'll be fine.
>>
>>35653161
Wtf? He stuck your TOOTHBRUSH up his assistant op. Take these next two weeks to learn some basic boxing, then when he gets back stick HIS toothbrush up your ass. If he doesn't immediately want to fight you, you have time to train more while do little shut to make his life hard. When he does confront you make sure you punch first and punch hard. Beat that son of a bitch to a pulp.
>>
>>35651574
1. Go talk to /asp/. It's not that this is off topic enough for me to care, it's that they'd know better.
2. Learn mount escapes. It's the only place you'd be in a ton of danger if you learn other basic grappling techniques.
3. Cardio.
4. Cardio.
5. Cardio.
6. If he slams you, keep your chin tucked in when you hit the ground.
7. Chokes are your friend.
Good luck.
>>
File: paulson_01[2].jpg (5KB, 150x148px) Image search: [Google]
paulson_01[2].jpg
5KB, 150x148px
>>35655819
>Cardio
For a fight that will last less than 1 minute

kek-a-doodle-doo

Best fighting styles:
Combat Submission Wrestling (CSW)
Savate-Thai Cross Training (STX Kickboxing)
>>
>>35654074
Grab the guys legs make him fall then do some Jiujutsu technique
>>
>>35651651
MCMAP and other military martial arts are more similar to what police due in the fact that it is largely oriented to subduing opponents without killing them.
>>
>>35655811
Problem is I am not confident in my abilities, what if i break my hand?
>>
OP if he at least outweighs you by 30+lbs you are fucked.Considering you have had no formal training at all.Learning a new skill takes time with a lot of practice.

You having throw weak punches will only agitate him to the point where he is having vivid flashbacks of his mate's legs being blown off while snackbars shooting from all directions and snap your neck.

Your only options:
>Call the cops when it happens
>Catch him off guard with
a) A weapon
b) see a)
>Try to fight him lose miserably resulting in death or severe injuries
>Run away from home and file a police report

Ps. You did say he was just threatening you, you can try and train defensively = sprawling + blocking. That's still gonna take some time to pick up.
>>
>>35656453
I am 150lbs and he is 220, I am 5'9 he is 5'5
>>
>>35651651
> military combatives
> not a waste of time
Pick one
>>
>>35656523
He is 220 and you are only 150? You are most likely fucked honestly.

In this case since he is shorter AND heavier do not try and wrestle him. The moment that he gets a hold of you is the moment you lose the fight.

Start carrying a screwdriver or something around with you. If he attacks just stab him with it until he is neutralized. Go for the eyes and ears, also go for the throat. BE SURE to stop stabbing him IMMEDIATELY when he is neutralized and to then call the cops. You want the screw driver tactic to be purely self-defense.
>>
>>35656634
He wrestled in highschool so yeah he would win a ground battle i bet. I gotta figure out how to beat him before that without weapons
>>
>>35655701
The only correct answer.
>>
>>35656701
Plus he is 63 and I am 21
>>
>>35651574
If you've got time, learn krav maga
If you aint got time, learn how to kick someone in the nuts and kick them when they're down
>>
>>35651651
you mean the one where they give untrained mma fighters goofy weapons to fight with?
>>
>>35653326
>And anyone who tries to act hard is usually a full blown pussy. Especially people who were in the military.
This guy is retarded. Usually if people act hard then they are fucking hard and probably willing to hurt you more than the average person
>>
>>35655811
Better yet, stick his toothbrush up his ass
>>
>>35653523
>Being a literally cuck
>>
>>35656634
Is he huge or just fat?
>>
>>35651574
Pipebomb
>>
>>35656902
Bullshit, you obviously don't know shit. If someone acts hard then they're an insecure pussy. If you're really tough your cool, confident, and calm.
>>
I would suggest learning and practising:

BJJ

>3 Submissions
>Positions - side mount half guard and mount
>Trips and sweeps

Boxing

>Jab
>Right cross
>Blocking
>Evading footwork

You can either learn from

>An actual Combat sports gym
>Youtube videos + friends

or do both if you can

Advice the fight happens :

>Stay behind the jab
>Counter with right cross
>Keep distance
>Clinch if he comes to close - you can decide to take him down or keep it standing. If he takes you down, BJJ should keep you from being mounted.
>Submission or escape
>I would suggest keep it standing

But you need to set at least an hour an a half each day or more dedicated to practice. Try jogging at least 15 minutes a day too, would help in training.
>>
so in this thread, OP's mother's boyfriend is a guy who put her son's toothbrush in his ass and threatened to beat OP
>>
>>35657051
You live in a bubble anon. It doesn't matter if theyre insecure, some people are genuinely aggressive and mean.
>>
>>35652369
Somehow reading this triggered my fight or flight shit and I can fucking feel it. Screencapping this shit thanks senpai
>>
>>35652317
Why don't you just fuck him up with a brick before he can do anything?
>>
>>35654360
Marines have to be able to fight after getting pepper sprayed. They also have tear gas tunnels to train in so they don't get taken out by it.
>>
Fighting is fucking cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLWQ59w1b58
>>
>>35655859
>CSW
mah nigga
And I'd prepare for if it goes to ground and slows down, then you can use a lot of CSW tactics to tire him out.
>>
>>35651574
Muay thai or boxing. The reason being that you need damage fast; any more traditional martial art just won't give you that within 5 years. And if somebody tells you Krav Maga, just ignore them, they're clearly an idiot.

However, he's been in this longer than you. So you'd need an advantage. Like wearing heavy rings or some shit. Also, why not just get the cops involved? If they get an anonymous tip from a "neighbor" then suddenly your problem might be easier to deal with.
>>
>>35658543
> And if somebody tells you Krav Maga, just ignore them, they're clearly an idiot.

And why is that?
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.