[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking to primarily lose fat, and hopefully gain some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: body-fat-percentage-men-women.jpg (223KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
body-fat-percentage-men-women.jpg
223KB, 600x500px
I'm looking to primarily lose fat, and hopefully gain some muscle in the process.

For reference, I'm 5'11" male and weigh 145 lbs. I am going to say roughly 25% body fat, though it's estimated without proper tools.

I've already started the process by following the sticky - Following the starting strength weight lifting program, and tracking my calories/macros.

I've been doing this for 2 weeks, and I plan to continue doing it, but I'm wondering when I will begin to notice changes. My weight has stayed relatively the same, though I think my posture has improved overall.

I also have some concerns I was hoping someone could address -

I am only lifting 50 lbs, with a bar that's roughly 10 lbs (total to 60 lbs). at the moment. I don't typically change weights for different exercises because it takes a lot of time to do that. I was wondering if part of the reason why might have to do with having a shitty/cheap clamp/bar? Is there anything I can do to make that easier? Is it not absolutely necessary for me to use different weights for different exercises?

Is it normal to be lifting such a low amount of weight when starting if relatively out of shape?

I'm under the impression that I'm supposed to be cutting at my current weight/body fat, though I am ensuring I get enough protein. At what point is a good time to stop cutting? Currently eating 1600 calories a day.

Thanks for any advice.
>>
>>35651050
Read the fucking sticky.
How the fuck are you 145 @ 25% BF while 5'11"
>>
>>35651050
Also, if you don't progress on your lifts as a noob its probably because you have shite form or aren't eating enough. Ergo your BMI of like 18.
>>
>>35651071
Bones filled with hydrogen
>>
>>35651071
I did. It's very possible I missed stuff because there was a lot to read, but I tried to only ask questions that weren't covered by the FAQ

Things like, is it normal to be lifting such low amounts if out of shape?

When at a high bodyfat percentage but lower-middle weight, when should I stop cutting?

Is it normal for it to take a ton of time to remove clamps from a bar or is it because they/my bar is shit?

As to why I am 145 with 25% BF, it's probably because for the past 3 years I've sat at a desk every day and did little to no physical activity.
>>
>>35651110
Are you sure about the 25% BF? You're close to underweight so I really wouldn't expect that.

And how old are you?

You shouldn't expect to see progress in 2 weeks but progress will come. I can't say much for weight loss but for growing muscle you might notice something in a month or so, but generally you won't actually see yourself change. You'll rather see others getting worse.

I'm sure you'll be able to see a clear difference after 3 months but even that is not much time in the end. If you keep it up for a year you'll feel like it was nothing,
>>
>>35651050
What>>35651526 said.
Send a body pic and I can estimate your BF and whether you need to cut or bulk.
>>
Similar question to and similar stats as this guy, is it possible to lose fat while gaining muscle? I always see you guys talking about bulking than cutting, but that seems to be for getting huge. I just want to stay the same size while improving my bf%. Thoughts?
>>
File: progress.jpg (2MB, 4896x3168px) Image search: [Google]
progress.jpg
2MB, 4896x3168px
>>35651561
Here's my progress. 0 lifting experience, started at a deficit. Made noob gains on a deficit. This was a 3 month cut. It's doable.
>>
>>35651561
You can do both at the same time but it will only last while your muscles are untrained. After that progress will slow down but there will still be some.
>>
>>35651542
Can you give me any advice for taking the pictures? It seems like if I angle it wrong it will give an inaccurate depiction of my BF
>>
>>35651623
See >>35651583
My progress
>>
File: unspecified.jpg (244KB, 896x1310px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified.jpg
244KB, 896x1310px
>>35651542
>>
>>35651689
Yep you're 20%+, wouldn't guess you're only 145 though. I'd guess 165-170
>>
>>35651705
145 isn't so much a guess, it's what my weight has shown on my scale the past 2 weeks.
>>
File: 14022465467159.jpg (43KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
14022465467159.jpg
43KB, 500x750px
>>35651050
>Is it not absolutely necessary for me to use different weights for different exercises?
This is about the most interesting question from the post, and here:

Just pick an amount of weights -- 75-100lbs, for example -- and master it. Barbell rows, bench presses, OH presses, and even curls or whatever. The point is to make sure you have enough protein, to lift the weight evenly over the muscle and with minimal jerking (reducing irritation, increasing endurance, and minimizing recovery), and getting a really well-supported 6in. lift if nothing else.. or even isometric. Low rep, high weight is key.
>>
>>35651561
>>35651583
Burning fat and not muscle is just getting enough protein (and plausibly nutrition, for metabolism) and staying on previous maxes.
>>
>>35652039
>previous maxes
..At least*
>>
>>35652039
Ate 1g/lb BW protein, had no maxes had never lifted. Made tons of strength gains. I definitely gained lean mass due to noob gains however.
>>
is it true that lifting stunts growth if how so ?
>>
>>35652148
no thats a meme
>>
>>35651713
That must be one fucked up scale, or your height could be different

I mean you aren't quite underweight, but you're getting there so it seems like you should look skinnier
>>
>>35652348
That's possible. It is an analog scale, though I don't know if they are typically more or less accurate than digital. I might have a digital one I can use somewhere for a second reference.
>>
>>35652348
>>35652392
So I found my digital scale, it weighed me at 146.6 and I'm getting roughly 146 on the analog as well. Higher than 145, but I usually weigh myself in the morning after waking up.
>>
>>35652579
what does the scale stand on, dont put it on fucking carpet.
>>
File: img.jpg (343KB, 1554x1630px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
343KB, 1554x1630px
>>35652748
Just on solid floor
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.