[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SIG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: David_-_The_Death_of_Socrates.jpg (116KB, 1000x657px) Image search: [Google]
David_-_The_Death_of_Socrates.jpg
116KB, 1000x657px
Self Improvement General:
Ctrl+F didn't see anything, go

>Reading material:
http://pastebin.com/x7BbYimv
>>
>>35645792
Bump
>>
ok, I guess I'll kick start this thread, anyone know good books for social gains besides the ones that only say obvious shit(dale carnegie) or cringey early 2000 pua stuff (the game)??
>>
>>35646979
I would not recommend books
I would recommend activities
A lot of the time, adults become Isolated from the outside world because the world no longer presents social opportunities like school did. All you must do, is ind those opportunities. There is a massive wealth of information out three, from rec center classes on crafts, music, and sports, community college courses on interesting subjects and new languages, and general other classes. Not only do these classes provide you with knowledge and skills, But they also allow you to socialize with your peers, and even if you end up as an observer, you will end up getting something.
For example, I just recently won a large adult public forum competition in my state. I entered the organization to do oratory speech (Write a speech, memorize it, and present to an audience), but after a man in the audience liked my speaking voice, he invited me to do public forum with him, and we climbed to the top.
I also learned arabic in a series of community colleges over time to bolster my career in the military, and I plan on learning russian. My social skills have improved, and I have met many new people, even though I have always been more of an observer.
>>
>>35645792

You might want to add "The Tao of Pooh" to that list; phenomenal read regarding Taoism.
>>
>>35646979
frank yang banged hundreds of girls in one year by lifting and reading philosophy
>>
>>35647845
He also burns daddy's money
>>
>>35647879
true
>>
>>35646979
The Charisma Myth
>>
That's a fuckload of books
I've been really interested in self improvement over the past few years.
What would I become if I studied and applied all the knowledge from all this

Who here has read the most?
>>
Reading the Book of Five Rings right now, while taking a winter semester. Brushing up on my shitty French for the start of spring semester.

I took a bartending job at a local microbrewery where I live, it's been immensely helpful to my social life. Not only do I get to learn all kinds of cool stuff about beer, but I meet all the locals and neighbors in my town. I now know the county judge and the constables, and it cuts down on my spending because I drink beer for free.

I also started walking the dog and visiting places around me, I think oftentimes people are so stuck in their "home to car to work to car to home" that they end up missing lots of cool little places and things that might be right by them in their own neighorhood or town.
>>
Ask >>>/lit/
>>
>>35647083
Wrong, books are greatly underrated. It can change your life, no kidding.>>35646979
>>35646979
Mark Manson - Models - cannot recommend this book enough. You donĀ“t have to memorize mind tricks and schemes or algorithms for shit test and doorframe holding.
>>
>>35649056
>anno domini 1+2016
>drinking beer and being fit
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.