[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WIM HOF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: wim.jpg (46KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
wim.jpg
46KB, 615x409px
Discuss Wim Hof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaMjhwFE1Zw [Embed]

>Wim Hof (born 20 April 1959) is a Dutch daredevil, commonly nicknamed "The Iceman" for his ability to withstand extreme cold. Research has shown that Wim Hof is able to control his autonomic nervous system and this ability can be learned.

His feats:

>Hof holds 20 world records, including a world record for longest ice bath. He stayed immersed in ice for 1 hour, 13 minutes and 48 seconds at Guinness World Records 2008.

>Wim describes his ability to withstand extreme cold temperatures as being able to "turn his own thermostat up" by using his mind.

>In February 2009 Hof reached the top of Mount Kilimanjaro in his shorts (no shirt) within two days.

>In 2007 he climbed to 6.7 kilometres (22,000 ft) altitude at Mount Everest wearing nothing but shorts and shoes, but failed to reach the summit due to a recurring foot injury.

>In 2009 Hof completed a full marathon (42.195 kilometres (26.219 mi)), above the arctic circle in Finland, in temperatures close to −20 °C (−4 °F). Dressed in nothing but shorts, Hof finished in 5 hours and 25 minutes. The challenge was filmed by Firecrackerfilms, who make productions for BBC, Channel 4 and National Geographic.

>Hof again broke the ice endurance record in 2010 by standing fully immersed in ice for 1 hour and 44 minutes in Tokyo, Japan.

>In 2011 Hof broke the ice endurance record twice, in Inzell in February and in New York in November. The Guinness World Record is now set for 1 hour and 52 minutes and 42 seconds by Hof.

>In September 2011, Hof ran a full marathon in the Namib Desert without water.
>>
More feats:

>In research done by Radboud University (The Netherlands) Wim Hof trained a group of 12 volunteers to prove the immune system can be modulated. He had already proved in 2011 the ability to control his own immune system. The results, published today in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, suggest that people can learn to modulate their immune responses — a finding that has raised hopes for patients who have chronic inflammatory disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease.

>On 19 April 2012, an episode of the US television program Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files, featuring Hof, was broadcast. Hof was tested against a member of the team named Austin, both sitting in a tank full of ice. Austin sat in the tank for about 20 minutes, with his surface body temperature falling to four degrees Celsius. When he got out of the water, the other two team members used a heat camera to reveal that his surface body temperature was at about four degrees Celsius. Hof's core body temperature stayed the same for the entire twenty minutes, as did his heart rate. He managed to stay submerged for over ninety minutes.

>Many people he's taught his method to have cured their diseases and conditions.
>>
ya hes cool
>>
>>35638420
underrefridgerated post
>>
>>35638471

Listen, kiddo. Those puns may get you karma on Reddit. But this is 4chan. Nothing personnel.
>>
>>35638471

back to reddit son of a whore
>>
I did his 10 week course

>afterwards i ascended to the rank of super human
>kidding
>but I did his 10 week course. It was good.
>Putting it into words would take too long.
>it was not a super magical experience or some woo woo shit either.
>It gave me a different lens to look through
>made me aware of some things
>the breathing techniques can put you into some altered/different states of mind

basically he is showing us the machinary that lay dormant in us because we regulate our lives from outside our body. Sweaters. Heating. Cooling. bundle up etc. in stead of letting our bodies manage themselves. Think animals that live outside year round.
>>
>>35638503
>>35638510

i went to reddit, bodyweight forum, once ever. that's my reddit experience. i picked up this meme here. that's what fit has become.
>>
I'd be interested if he has been tested for CIPA but even then to have sustained no ill effects is pretty cool.
>>
>>35638471
Kill yourself
>>
>>35638540
Please anon tell me more. I'd like to purchase the course but i'm not fully persuaded that it's actually worth the money
>>
>>35638540
Is this the full course?

http://avxhome.in/ebooks/eLearning/wimhof-online-video-course.html
>>
Maybe he has this gene deletion

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/635009/Mystery-of-BIONIC-GIRL-who-doesn-t-eat-sleep-or-feel-pain-even-when-hit-by-a-CAR

He simply doesn't register the same kind of pain responses.

The closest I have done is swimming in the early Spring off the New Hampshire coast in about 52 F water for an hour and a half but there were huge rapid waves so I was fighting the surf hard... nothing but swimtruncks while the surfers were all wearing wetsuits
>>
File: 1403568922848.png (731KB, 1024x700px) Image search: [Google]
1403568922848.png
731KB, 1024x700px
He is our national hero.

/MutantRightsNow/
>>
Enlightened yogi shit.
>>
>>35638407
His test must be through the roof
>>
The cold is god.
>>
>>35638407
HEIL HOF
>>
File: iceman-wim-hof-sitting-on-ice[1].jpg (197KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
iceman-wim-hof-sitting-on-ice[1].jpg
197KB, 1500x1000px
>dyel

Cardio and ice kill gains brah
>>
File: dutchkingdom.jpg (31KB, 392x326px) Image search: [Google]
dutchkingdom.jpg
31KB, 392x326px
>>35640626

Damn right.

>grow giant
>beat cold
>master water
>leave humanity behind

We're almost there!
>>
>>35640606
>>35638669
Nope, he does feel cold, he said so in an interview.
>>
>>35641240
cool.. I think I can say I am cold adapted.. probably not at his level because I have more adipose than him but I no longer stay in shiver mode for more than a minute or so am I correct?

I mean I have been doing this for a couple of years but is that a signal of cold adaptation?
>>
This yogi starts himself on fire and apparently doesn't get burned to toast;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXfyrWRbmss
>>
This guy can make RAIN appear around him:
http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Don_Decker
>>
>>35642270
bullshit
>>
>>35640769
desu he does look badass as fuck, like his body is a machine designed to withstand impossible conditions. nothing is wasted.
>>
Retarded Dutch clown.
>>
>>35642523

Why did you say that?
>>
>>35638567
It really isn't.

We don't do puns here. That's reddit-tier humour.
>>
>>35638503

Icey what you did there.
>>
File: 1368910700097.jpg (62KB, 447x599px) Image search: [Google]
1368910700097.jpg
62KB, 447x599px
>>35640878

We are the real mutants
>>
>>35642523

jelly detected
>>
File: QuickMemo+_2016-01-16-14-30-13.png (280KB, 480x734px) Image search: [Google]
QuickMemo+_2016-01-16-14-30-13.png
280KB, 480x734px
When the fuck did ads get this damn long holy fuck
>>
>>35643715

>he still gets ads
>>
>>35640606
Heat and pain receptors are different. Plus frostbite would be a massive issue either way (most people don't feel when frostbite starts).

It'll be interesting to see how long he lives since lower brown fat and thermogenesis is associated with senescence (aging)
>>
>tried one of his breathing techniques
>ended up with an intense headache
>had to lay in bed for the rest of the day
>>
>>35641821
So long as you're in a significantly colder environment regularly for at least a few minutes at a time then yeah your brown fat will activate.
>>
>>35643800
since I occupy my home by myself I can sit around with the sliding door open when its cold .

its 31.1 °F now and I have just shorts on.. I;ve sat around like this when its even been 8 F for hours..

I still have terribly stubborn resistant to all efforts at losing lower abdominal blubber..

So there appears to be a limit to what this can do .. Jack Kruse seems to say its all he did to lose his weight.. Sunlight cold and DHA from Fish.. I'm only slightly older than him..

I have started doing morning fasted cardio with Yohimbine HCL and a few other things Black pepper, Capsaicin , ALCAR and Citrulline Malate 2:1 working my way up to the recommended dose and see if it works
>>
>>35643994
>Jack Kruse
jack kruse is a mumbling faggot and a liar
>>
>>35643994
A lot of these sort of things seem to clear out your abdominal fat but leave the subq fat alone. Like capsaicin and fucoxanthin are meant to do something similar to white fat as brown fat but I've seen fucoxanthin studies where the fat lost was p much all internal abdominal but the subcutaneous abdominal fat was almost untouched.

I saw a study with middle aged women and hiit cycling apparently got rid of some of that fat (steady state made it worse). Sustained cutting should also work. I have the same problem and apparently a lot is to do with gaining and losing weight. Another thing might be blood flow so you could try covering up and keeping warmer the fat bits and chilling arms and legs cold.
>>
>>35642270

The actual ritual isn't TOO crazy. He's an old hardass who's conditioned himself a lot.

He's not dousing himself in gasoline and surviving being totally engulfed. He's just laying really close to it and holding shit while it burns.
>>
>>35644166
How about some citations to support you assertion.
>>
>>35643715

chrome extension: ublock origin

No ads.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.