[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is swimming godtier?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

File: images (1).jpg (22KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
22KB, 313x470px
Seriously. The swimmer body is the ultimate combo of low maintainence and aesthetics, not to mention the added endurance and overall health benefits.
>tfw eat anything you want
>tfw people see you as and athlete and not a boring dumb meat head
>tfw shirtless workout
>tfw swimmer babes mirin
Pic related.
>>
File: 1450058084335.jpg (725KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1450058084335.jpg
725KB, 1200x1200px
>>35637205
umm you dont get that body just by swimming.
>>
>>35637205
> low maintenance
>posts guy who swims all day
Ok.
>>
Swimmer + Water Polo (D1) mustard race. I agree with everything except the "low maintenance" part. We have no life pre or during season.
>>
I can't swim because my soft cock is too big for speedos :(
>>
>>35637413
>>35637334
>>35637352

To get the body in pic related, you'd need to swim around 3-4 times a week intensively, and lift weights 1-2 times a week.

Regardless though, being a former varsity swimmer and polo player myself, swimming 3 times a week for around 45 minutes (but doing sprints and intervals at high pace) gives you a great body that looks amazing when wearing clothes, because you have the golden combination of wide shoulders and visible pectorals. However, it doesn't give you muscles as big and defined as in pic related, you'd need to change diet and do weight lifting
>>
>>35637455
My body is similar to that but I have practice 3x week and weight train 3x too. And practice is a lot more than 45 minutes. But you're right about it being GOAT for aesthetics.
>>
>>35637205
College water Polo player here, when I started highschool my body fat percentage was no less that 18% when I started doing polo decreased a little. I also did swim as well and that made me lose more body fat. I had a lean body but I was still considered dyel. When I got into college they made weight training a big deal before swimming. My body is almost as similar in the picture shown.
>>
>>35637205

What BF% is this? 12?
>>
>>35637487
>And practice is a lot more than 45 minutes.

Yeah practice in college used to be 2 hours for me, but since graduating I just do a 1600meter sprint set that takes me around 40 minutes, and do that 3 times a week.

If you care about aesthetics tho, I advise you to keep your swim sessions relatively short (shorter than an hour) and focus entirely on sprints and high intensity interval training. The last thing you want is to look like the mother of all dyel long distance swimmers.
>>
>tfw people I know think they're "swimming" when they do 1000 meter breast stroke in 30 minutes
>>
I have allways sunk like a rock when swimming, have to really move or constantly hold my breath to stay afloat, anybody else get REEEEALLY EFFIN HUNGRY after swimming?
>>
>>35637517
Yea I've always been a sprinter. What position were you in water polo btw?
>>
>>35637577
Center back. I've never been the best passer or shooter but I was really fast and great at intercepting the ball and defending men. Peak stats were 6'0.5"/ 183 pounds.
>>
>>35637517
>takes 40 minutes
>high intensity
>>
Could any experienced swimmer tell me if it's possible to learn good form freestyle by yourself?
>>
>>35637634
You usually need an instructor to learn proper form. With swimming there's no mirrors to check what you're doing so unless you get some external feedback you could be doing things wrong without knowing. Freestyle is easy though and most people get it right, but it gets more complicated with other strokes.
>>
>>35637632
>high intensity

My set is:
200m warm-up
10 x 50m butterfly sprint, interval at 55 seconds
100m cool down
10 x 50m crawl sprint, interval at 45 seconds
50m cool down
8 x 25m water polo sprint, interval at 30 seconds
50-75m cool down

This is high intensity. I have a busy job as well, so I can't really go for long swim sessions
>>
Swimming makes you taller.

>look at Garry Hall
>>
How do I get started with water polo? How's the learning curve?
Also is it true matches can get violent?
>>
>>35637712
>How do I get started with water polo? How's the learning curve?

How old are you? Do you have any prior experience playing hand ball/ basketball/ volleyball or swimming?

>Also is it true matches can get violent?

Yeah. Been to the ER twice for stitches
>>
>>35637727
21, play basketball, not much swimming experience.
And how did you get those stitches?
>>
Which type of swimming is best for gains?
>>
>>35637651
oh swimming sprints, I'm dumb
>>
>>35637684
>that arm on the right compared to Warren Jr torso
ayy
>>
>>35637455
>3-4 times a week intensively
make it 6 times a week
>>
>TFW grew up not being able to swim

My body just hates it. The feeling of water getting in my orrifices is annoying as fuck.
I find everyone that swims competitively tends to be attractive as fuck. I swear it helps facial aesthetics growing up.
>>
>>35637740
>21, play basketball, not much swimming experience.

Well, basketball is great actually if you want to play water polo, because you'll need to be able to handle balls the size of a volley ball with one hand, and know how to shoot and pass. I knew a guy who played ball and then started water polo, and his ball handling was really good for a beginner. However you'll need to work hard on swimming though, so i'll be honest, there's still going to be a very steep learning curve for you. Swimming is much more demanding than running, and the style of swimming used in water polo matches (short bursts at 100% intensity) is even more demanding than regular swimming.

>And how did you get those stitches?

One time I got elbowed in the face (which knocked out two teeth), the other time I got punched in the right eye.

>>35637741
>Which type of swimming is best for gains?

Sprints. Butterfly helps develop really nice shoulders, back and chest muscles but is also the hardest. Breast stroke is really good for biceps and chest. Crawl is good all round. I personally don't like back stroke, but it's good for abs.
>>
>>35637812
>One time I got elbowed in the face (which knocked out two teeth), the other time I got punched in the right eye.
so is that excessive violence common or was this some guy who didnt like you and tried to hurt you deliberately?
>>
>>35637826
The punch was on purpose, the guy got frustrated because I kept fouling him when the ref wasn't looking. Sorta deserved that one.

The elbow was an accident. I was just swimming behind a guy to recover the ball, and his elbow flew right in my face.

I wouldn't say the "violence" is uncommon, but a lot depens on your playing style too. I played at a defensive position and I liked to wrestle it out in the water, so there was a lot of pulling, pushing, elbowing, headbutting etc
>>
>>35637624
>Peak stats were 6'0.5"/ 183 pounds
damn nice, post current body?
>>
Waterpolo goalkeeper reporting in

Good reflexes so literally never have to train beyond some warm up laps
>>
File: IMG_0628.jpg (452KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0628.jpg
452KB, 960x1280px
>>35637860
Well I graduated 3 years ago, and have since started working, so I no longer lift any weights and only swim 3 times a week. I only weigh around 165 pounds nowadays as well. But yeah I still have the whole wide shoulders thing going on, so that's nice
>>
>>35637843
>>35637964
you ever had a fight out of the water? and mirin that frame desu
>>
>>35637964
you look so average
>>
>>35637576
yeah me, have to sleep and eat after swimming, am really exhausted, have to piss like 1l
>>
>low maintenance
I don't even swim and I know that's horseshit.
>>
>>35637576
Are you black?
>>
File: 186136[1].png (117KB, 650x480px) Image search: [Google]
186136[1].png
117KB, 650x480px
>>35637455
>doing more than 3 workouts per week

Surefire way to make yourself hate exercising. Nothing like still being tired from the last workout when you go to the next to get you to hate your life, yourself and question if its worth it, and underperform.
>>
>>35638140
Thanks for letting us know you've never competed above social level, champ.
>>
>>35638140
How weak are you, anon?
>>
>>35637983
>you ever had a fight out of the water? and mirin that frame desu

Thanks, and no. I'm very competitive but I'm not aggressive.

> you look so average

I don't lift, I just swim. I have a slim, broad frame that looks great in clothes. Fairly satisfied with it

>>35638140
>Surefire way to make yourself hate exercising. Nothing like still being tired from the last workout when you go to the next to get you to hate your life, yourself and question if its worth it, and underperform.

You'd break down and cry within a day of trying competitive sports
>>
>>35638212
>>35638207
>>35638195
I know a couple of internationally competing athletes, and they do a half assed low weights training a day, and only one heavy full on workout per week.
Nice broscience, though. /fit/ always here to make me baka.
>>
>>35638222
I used to run national level hurdles. When I was at school I was training 11 sessions a week. One of the dudes who trained with another squad at the same time I did was olympic level for 200m and 400m. He was doing 2 track sessions a day 6 days a week and weights and plyometrics shit on top of that.
>>
>>35638222
>implying lifting weights is tougher and more demanding than any other form of sport

Like literally, you would break down mentally within a day. The swimmers I know who compete at international level have to get up at 6am every day, take 2 naps, eat 6 meals and swim 5 hours. The fact that you commit yourself to lifting weights multiple times a week isn't hard nor demanding, my friend
>>
>>35637651
Looks nice, I've never played water polo, whats a water polo sprint and whats the difference with regular freestyle sprints?
>>
File: 1440628532607.jpg (270KB, 1270x949px) Image search: [Google]
1440628532607.jpg
270KB, 1270x949px
I swim during the summer, and i feel sleepy and hungry af after
I dont know if i do something wrong, but i always gain muscle, but my fat levels freeze

swimming is my golden ticket for dadbody, i am not sure why but it werks
>>
You people realize that pro swimmers spend a shit ton of time in the weight room to get that kind of body ? They're also almost always over 6'3-6'5 meaning that this kind of mass takes a long time to achieve
>>
>>35639451
Your keep your head above water at all times, and swim in a forward motion as if you're digging a tunnel.

>>35640099
Yeah I'd say most of them are strong 6 footers and beyond. But height exaggeration in swimming is just as bad as in basketball. I know that Lochte gets listed as 6'2" while he's more realistically around 6', and Phelps even gets listed as 6'4" while he's clearly a strong 6'2", hovering around the 6'2,5" mark.
>>
>>35640162
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camille_Lacourt
olympic champion, 2m (thats like 6'7 ?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Adrian
6'6

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florent_Manaudou
6'6-6'7

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A9r%C3%A9my_Stravius
6'3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ning_Zetao
6'3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Yang
6'6

etc..
>>
Swimming bros in here help me out. I'm on a cut from skinny fat because I haven't played sports in awhile and I didn't like how my physique looked. So my question is did you guys ever do running with swimming? My apartment has a pool so I figured I would go for swims in the days and runs at night. I just really want to burn this body fat so I can get rid of the borderline gyno chest I have
>>
>>35640201
>explained how there's a difference between listed height and real height, much like in basketball
>never denied that most of them are 6 foot and over
>anon gives me height listings
>anon thinks this is some sort of refutation of what I said

You just don't get it, do you
>>
>>35640247
I've been to actual competitions, and you can clearly see on TV how those guys TOWER over anyone else (just look at a medal ceremony for any world championship or olympic games)

those guys gain nothing to lie about their height unlike movie stars and I know that you americans have some weird obsession about height so I would understand how important it is for basketball players
>>
>>35640267
>you can clearly see on TV how those guys TOWER over anyone else

That's because
a) most of the non-swimmers running around during a competition are 65 year old team coaches and women
b) a legit 6'1" is already enough to make you noticeably stand out in a crowd, let alone 6'2" or 6'3"

>those guys gain nothing to lie about their height

Height (and more specifically, longer arms) is a huge advantage in swimming, ofcourse they have something to gain here
>>
>>35640322
>Height (and more specifically, longer arms) is a huge advantage in swimming, ofcourse they have something to gain here

Exactly, thats why the most sucessful swimmers are taller than average. What I said was they gain nothing to lie about their LISTED height since their ACTUAL height is not affected (obviously)
>>
>>35640345
So by your logic, no athlete ever has any advantage to exaggerate height? Because when the athlete participates in a competition or game, one would actually notice that that athlete is not the listed height?

Tell that to all the footballers, runners, basketballers etc... exaggerating height is so common across all sports.
>>
>>35637767
You just gotta get good. Once you learn not to panic when you need to breathe and inhale/swallow water, it gets a lot better. Takes a month of drowning your way across the pool tho.
>>
guys how do i learn the proper form for swimming.
also how do i learn to breath correctly.
What is good routine for a starter swimmer who wants to improve his posture and fitness?
thanks in advance
>>
>>35637205
You don't get that body by swimming. You get it by sucking tons of cocks. Swimming for faggots.
>>
I'm 23, can I still make it if I start now or is it too late?
>>
>>35637205

>low maintenace

Yep, 20 hours of swimming a week is E-Z P-Z and not boring at all!
>>
>>35640162

Never knew this. I always heard Lochte is around 6'2", Phelps is 6'3.5".
>>
File: 1430662928959.jpg (174KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
1430662928959.jpg
174KB, 540x810px
>>35642783
it's never to late!
>>
File: images (2).jpg (12KB, 236x316px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
12KB, 236x316px
>>35637352
>>3563741
>>35638068
By low maintainence I mean it is simple as fuck, not super easy (even tho it is pretty easy).
You swim up and down a pool for ~45mins 5 times a week and you get broad shouldered and lean.
> no cut + bulk cycles
> eat basically everything you want (still get your protein imo)
> full body workout + cardiovascular gains in one sitting
>>
>>35643024
---> >>35643286
>>
>>35643286

>confirmed for not being a swimmer or knowing any swimmers

if you want to look at all good you will be training for 2-3 hours a day 6 days a week, its punishing
>>
>>35643286>>35637205

You don't get broad shoulders from swimming you fucking cuck.
This guy might have narrow shoulders but they only look big because his waist is narrow.

It's all about your clavicle length and pelvis width.
Fuck off.
>>
>>35643487
> You don't get broad shoulders from swimming
Swimming works lats and delts while also keeping you lean friend, I mean to say it creates an insane v-taper as opposed to altering your skeletal structure.

>>35643445
>confirmed for not being a swimmer or knowing any swimmers
>if you want to look at all good you will be training for 2-3 hours a day 6 days a week
I do swim and 1 hour 5-6 times a week is good imo
>>
>>35643487
>You don't get broad shoulders from swimming you fucking cuck.

You do. Your shoulders visually seem much broader because swimming is a great workout that trains all your delts. Bigger delts= visually broader shoulders
>>
File: 151308963.jpg (282KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
151308963.jpg
282KB, 1024x683px
>>35643071
>Never knew this. I always heard Lochte is around 6'2", Phelps is 6'3.5".

Yeah, none of that shit is true. Here's a picture of Lochte, with to the left of him 6'0.25" actor Kellan Lutz, and to the right of him 6'2.5" actor Alexander Ludwig. I would put Lochte at around 6'0,75", or, if you want to stretch it, 6'1".

The same with Phelps and other celebrities, he never looks above 6'3"... all the heights of the US swim team are inflated.
>>
>>35637413
Where did you double swim AND polo d1? No coach or program that I can think of would allow that
>>
>>35643832

>>35643805

You understand why I'm attacking you for your claims, right?
Swimming will develop delts, but so will lifting, and swimming doesn't have a magical ability to allow you to acquire a V-taper if you already have narrow shoulders or wide hips.
>>
>>35637532
Sorry to contradict you friend but that is swimming.
>>
>>35643961
>Swimming will develop delts, but so will lifting, and swimming doesn't have a magical ability to allow you to acquire a V-taper if you already have narrow shoulders or wide hips.

Yeah, but swimming comes with free god-tier cardio, while I know a lot of people who lift heavy weights but are literally out of breath after running 3 miles
>>
>>35643961
I agree you can work delts in the gym. You can definitely aquire a v taper from lifting.
What I'm saying is delts + lats + low bf = maximizing your v taper, and swimming does all of these.
Genetics play a massive role of course.
>>
>>35644003
> swimming comes with free god-tier cardio
True
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.