[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deadliest deadlift

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: image.png (3MB, 1125x2001px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 1125x2001px
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 240lb

Started deadlifting a few months ago. My first PR was around 190lb I believe, now it's at 290lb. My question is, is this an "acceptable" PR for my my height and weight? I see posts of guys who are way smaller than I am, lifting A LOT more weight than me. Am I just weak or are they just too fucking good at this? Also what should be an ideal body weight for me if I want to be "bearmode"? Do you guys have any personal stories or comments and also do you have have some deadlifting transformation pictures? I honestly need some encouragement right now. Feeling like shit about myself Haha

Btw pic is related. It's my current background.
>>
BUMP the Bump
>>
if you're asking if thats a good 1RM its ABSOLUTELY NOT

A good weight for a 240lb person is like atleast 600

and 600 is only 2.5x bodyweight
>>
>>35631031
>Started deadlifting a few months ago
don't try to compare yourself with people when you've literally been lifting for a few months.
>Also what should be an ideal body weight for me if I want to be "bearmode"?
at 5'11 240lbs is pretty fucking hefty. Natty you wouldn't get heavier than that (if even that heavy) at a lowish bf%
>>
>>35631143
>A good weight for a 240lb person is like atleast 600
not for someone who hasn't been lifting long you melon
600 is a good aim but he can have a decent deadlift at less than that.
>>
>>35631031
http://symmetricstrength.com/

A 290 lb one rep max for deadlift puts you solidly in the "novice" section, meaning you've been training for strength for just a few months. If you're doing it for reps you're closer to Intermediate.
>>
>embrace the suck
Wat
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 1125x2001px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 1125x2001px
OP here, thanks for the advice guys. Also what are some of the best exercises you guys recommend to get that body style? Anyone got any transformation pictures?
>>
>>35631314
>Also what are some of the best exercises you guys recommend to get that body style?
you are not going to look like Derek fucking Poundstone you idiot. Elite strongmen are one in tens of millions genetically and are on cocktails of PEDs. Most of them pulled 5pl8 on their first day in the gym (not even joking)
>>
File: gainz.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
gainz.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
bruv what.
I'm 6'2 and 180, my first ever deadlift I hit a PR of 315

I had been lifting for almost 2 years, but never deadlifted.

at 240, 3pl8 should be ez
>>
>>35631314
>5'11''
If you go for this body style you're going to look like a manlet.
>>
>>35631314
Over a decade of lifting and test eth + deca cycles
>>
>>35631314
Bearmode guys like that are born that way, there are before and after pics of bodybuilders, but never power lifters, because the best powerlifters come into the gym 7ft and 300lbs
>>
File: lalas.jpg (47KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
lalas.jpg
47KB, 960x600px
>>35631360
>at 240, 3pl8 should be ez
he literally said he'd been only lifting for a few months
>I had been lifting for almost 2 years, but never deadlifted.
exactly you mong.
>>35631361
Lalas is 5'11 and he looks sick, like an IRL Street Fighter character
>>35631363
you'd need a lot more than test-e and deca
>>
>>35631415
Looks fucking retarded imo
>>
>>35631415
If our lower back and quads are both equally untrained, and I have to move the weight farther with less muscle then him, he should lift more then me fuck boi.
>>
>>35631396
there's a before pic of eddie hall somewhere, but he legitimately benched 180kg at 17
>>
I started at 60kg deadlift @67kg, 4 months later i'm at 140 kg. Your diddy lifts will progress fast as fuck, alot of it is your body adjusting to the movement
>>
>>35631453
>If our lower back and quads are both equally untrained
they aren't though. You'd have a definite head start from two years in the gym even if you never did any back or quad work, which I'm sure you would have done
>>
File: Stats as of Jan 15th.png (89KB, 1239x559px) Image search: [Google]
Stats as of Jan 15th.png
89KB, 1239x559px
Hey guys, I have been lifting for approx 7 months, and I have some weird imbalances.

Disclaimer: i started off anorexic, and still lapse occaisionally, so please do not judge my low stats.

My squat is 100kgx5. This is the only lift I am happy with. It progresses fairly steadily, maybe once a week.

My deadlift is 105kgx5. I don't know why its so low, and in fact its dropped - 3 weeks ago it was 120 but i had a brief period (2-3 days) where I forgot to eat and for somereason that affected deadlifts WAY more than any other lift. IDK whats up with that.

My bench is 55kgx5. Like I said above, it used to be higher before i had a relapse, but it was only at 57.5x5, so I have already made up most of the difference, but I am stalled hard as fuck. I haven't progressed in 3 weeks, even after deloading. My form is pretty good, so idk whats up with that.

I guess my main priority is bench, but I am equally worried about my deadlift. They both just seem so low I must be doing someting disastrously wrong, right?

Obviously my diet isnt great, but surely poor diet doesnt explain my inconsistent progress - if im malnourished, how come my squat is going fine but nothign else is?
>>
>>35631468
I'm a curl bro
>>
>>35631514
you'd still have been lifting weights for two years. Do you not see how that gives you an advantage over someone who hasn't?
And stop namefagging you bellend
>>
>>35631504
How heavy are you bro?
>>
>>35631504
I know that it normally goes Dead Squat Bench OHP, but that's a massive gap between your bench and squat.
>>
>>35631504
bench is the most dependent on your bodyweight and food intake.

squats less so, plus cns gains and technique refinement
>>
File: symstrength.png (44KB, 953x453px) Image search: [Google]
symstrength.png
44KB, 953x453px
>>35631584
I'm in the same boat. I was stuck on my bench for a long time though, but after changing program I've started progressing again
>>
>>35631031
4pl8 1x5 is like standard out of beginner range
>>
>>35631031
3.5-4pl8 is decent range
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.