[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 21

File: 24.jpg (122KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
122KB, 999x624px
NOW THAT PEOPLE SAY SS ITS A MEME WHATS THE TRULY GOOD PROGRAM FOR BEGGINERS TO GET SHRED, NOT A MUH STRENGHT POWERLIFTER
>>
what should i do for lats besides pull ups
>>
>>35630676
Fuck off
>>
>>35630676

Beginners are never going to get shredded without gear (and that brings its own lot of issues). When you need to build a decent amount of muscle mass AND lose a fair amount of fat, you're not getting to the goal quickly.
>>
What is 1pl8, 2pl8

is 2pl8 135 with one plate on each end?

>>
>>35630767
each plate is like 20kg or 45lbs

so when someone says they bench 2pl8 it means they bench 180lbs (2pl8 on each side)
>>
>>35630676
So you wanna know the secret to get shredded. Don't tell anyone! Here it goes:

It's lifting heavy weights using as many of the big, aesthetic-inclined muscles in your body as you can, combined with an appropriate diet.
>>
File: how.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
how.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
Any bros with some knowledge on how to take supps? So basically I bought creatine monohydrate and BCAA for the first time and I don't know how to take them or when.
What I had in mind was 5g creatine mixed with 5 grams BCAA pre and post workout.
Is it any good? Should I mix creatine with whey or with BCAA? Help plox
>>
>>35630804

isn't the bar 45 lbs?

so wouldn't they be benching 225
>>
>>35630990
>counting the bar

are you serious
>>
AM I SUPPOSED TO TENSE MY SHOULDERS AND ARMS WHEN I DO A PUSHUP?

I'M TUCKING MY ARMS BUT MY SHOULDERS STILL HURT
>>
>>35631002
i-is this not allowed

i've been counting the bar all year
>>
File: my sides.png (26KB, 192x191px) Image search: [Google]
my sides.png
26KB, 192x191px
>>35631053
>he counts the bar
>>
>>35631002
so when i bench 20kg i'm actually benching 0kg????????
>>
>>35631065
I bet you count the weight on both sides of the bar.
>>
>>35630881
Holy fuck you autist.
5g of creatine a day. Doesn't matter when you take it or how you take it.
Bcaa don't work but you drink them during workouts.
>>
>>35631069
no, you're benching 20kg of weight on top of the bar. unless youre just lifting the bar in which case you're a faggot
>>
>>35631219
you're an ego lifter ayy
>>
Have all my protons for the day. Eat some food or have a beer for the last ~200 cals?
>>
>>35631795
eat 200 cals worth of marshmallows if dubs
>>
>>35631851
dammit
>>
How do I into free supplement samples. Went to some shops today they werent giving me any. I tried GNC and Vitamin Shoppe. I pretended to want to buy some pre workout but wanted to try before i buy.
>>
File: ieiio8923984.gif (521KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
ieiio8923984.gif
521KB, 500x280px
>>35630676
Kek this always gets the people who did SL up in arms, but here it goes:

- SL has you start with babyweights. It will take you forever to actually start getting stronger. SS, on the other hand, tests you on the first workout and let's you kickstart progression.

- SL has you add 2.5kg on every workout. This will make progression incredibly slow on the beginning, and incredibly hard after a month or two. SS, on the other hand, has you add as much as 8kg to your deadlift on the first few workouts, for example, and it eventually lowers progression on certain lifts like the ohp and the bench to 1kg per workout. This means you will not get stuck on the 50kg-ohp-deload-loop everyone who does SL gets stuck on

- SL was "written" (aka copy pasted in a retarded manner) and without any thought behind it) by a marketing team with zero coaching experience, and is targeted towards couch potatoes. SS, on the other hand, was written by an ex-professional athlete and a coach with over 3 decades of experience

- SL only has you work your floor pull 1.5 times per week. SS has you work floor pulls 3 times per week, 1.5 deadlifts and 1.5 power cleans. This means you will get stronger on your deadlift doing SS, since you will be training it a lot more

- SS trains both strength and power, and it trains your traps a lot more with the power cleans

- SL has you do barbell rows, while SS has chinups. Chinups are a better back-builder as the range of motion for the lats is way longer. Not only that, but chinups will give you good biceps development, while rows won't. Only reason you should do rows instead of chinups as a beginner, is in case you can't do bodyweight chinups and the gym doesn't have an assistance machine

- It's way easier to finish 3x5 sets with perfect reps than 5x5 sets with perfect reps. Not only that, but doing 5x5 will exhaust you before the next lift

- SL tells you to deload too much. SS, on the other hand, only tells you to deload if it's 100% necessary
>>
>>35631002
Fuck off, literally everyone counts the bar.
>>
File: bbbbbb.png (1MB, 800x1216px) Image search: [Google]
bbbbbb.png
1MB, 800x1216px
I have short legs, long femur compared to my tibia, long torso.

What's more advantagous for me? Sumo or conventional? I've never tried sumo
>>
>>35631002
>not counting the bar

so when girls ask how much you can do you purposely subtract 45 pounds of weight that you are rightfully moving?

cuck
>>
>>35632020

>thinks girls care how much he lifts
>>
>party tonight
what do I wear lads?

>>35631945
not really sure what's more advantageous, but I love sumo, it just feels better for me. try both out for a bit and choose for yourself
>>
>>35632072
Thong.
Only that.
>>
>>35630676
Why the fuck are there 3 QTDDTOT?
Second question:
I did SS for months now and my llifts went up pretty good. I want to switch to PPL now, but I can go to the gym just 5 times a week. Can I do push and pull 2 times a week and legs just one time?
>>
Is it true that a combination of weightlifting and cardio gives you optimal fat loss? I've only been doing cardio so far.
>>
>>35630718
More pulling variations, rows. Heavy deadlifts will also passively work your back.
>>
>>35633461
Calorie deficit gives you fat loss, cardio burns the most calories but weightlifting has a number of other benefits that makes it worth doing.
>>
Weak skeleton here, can barely handle a barbell, should i start with push ups?

I've been sedentary all my life, i have zero str.
>>
>>35634149
Pushups won't do shit, start with the barbell and most of all EAT.
>>
>>35634178
>Push ups won't do shit

Nice meme.

>>35634149
Do your push ups, build up that small bit of str in addition to barbells.
>>
>>35632230
Try an upper/lower or push/pull split.

>>35631051
You depress and retract your scapula, similar to how you set up for the bench press.

>>35634149
Push-ups won't kill you, but you'd probably be better off focusing on getting your form down properly for the bench press.

The main issue down the road with push-ups is that they're a lot harder to progressively overload.
>>
can anyone recommend some easy after gym/lunch/dinner meals?

after the gym i have brown rice + chicken breast but i've been having it for over 2 months now and im getting sick of it and can barely eat it all now
>>
I think I threw my lower back out doing deadlifts. I hit a new record 2 days ago and I didn't feel anything but when I went to bench press today it hurt like a bitch and I struggled to sit up and walk. I didn't finish my warm-up sets and stopped my workout.

Is this something I should see the doctor about or should I wait it out?
>>
>>35634685
Maybe you can find some good ideas here
http://imgur.com/a/5nbmA
>>
i think i'm fucking my shoulders up and i'm wondering if i should start taking break days

i've been going to the gym everyday probably since the 4th, all they have is dumbells so i've been doing curls and chest flies with those, today i went to go do the flyes and maybe four reps in my left shoulder blade started to feel really weird

it's sort of a pinching sensation, closer to the spine. it feels like there's something underneath my shoulder blade pushing it out. i tried using lighter dumbbells but the feeling was still there, it's there now still, been home maybe 15 minutes. i'm gonna take a break tomorrow but should i be worried? i don't want to mess my body up.
>>
A trainer at the gym has been telling me that the best way to train is to do working sets, and then immediately do double the amount of sets with 50% weight.

If I were doing Squats, I'd do 1x5 300, then immediately do 1x10 150.

If I were doing curls, I'd do 1x8 30, then immediately do 1x16 15.

He claims this causes even more microtears, since the muscle has already been strained, and so what would normally be light weight endurance reps turn into hypertrophy and strength reps.

This smells of bullshit. Is this bullshit?
>>
>>35631002
I forgot about this meme!
>>
>>35635491
It's not bullshit, there's a number of names for them drop sets or supersets depending on what you do afterward. People tend to be somewhat split on the specifics about them though, i mainly see bodybuilders use them as another form of volume training.
>>
can I do farmer's carries every workout day? I've been doing SL for 3 months and I just want them forearms and traps yo.
>>
I've been doing a full body workout routine 3x a week while cutting and now want to switch to a split routine. Do people do this while cutting? Question sounds stupid I know but I always thought splits were more useful for gaining muscle than with cuts. Someone educate me
>>
Is it bad idea to train in the morning 7am one week and at 7pm the next and cycle them every week? Does it matter?
>>
>>35636279

Shouldn't matter at all senpai
>>
I have glandular fever. Should I kill myself
>>
>>35636300
Yes, but not because of your glandular fever
>>
>>35633493
> cardio burns the most calories
no
>>
>>35636327
Thanks!
>>
>>35635491
Dropsets themselves may have their uses but you don't need to do sets of such atrocious volume to gain muscle. There is also no need to absolutely destroy your muscles after every workout to make them grow which is what your "trainer" seems to be advocating.
>>
>>35635935
bump
>>
>>35630676
Is SS really a meme?
Is that why everyone is looking at me strange when I do just 3 reps?
>>
Should I into Fish Oil?
>>
>>35636532
No. You're just probably lifting in a non-lifting all fitness gym or people are just curious when someone is doing something that looks actually like a lift.
>>
How do I lower back without deadlifting (I just hate the exercise with passion)?
It constantly hurts so I'm assuming its the weakest part of my body
>>
>>35630676
How can you tell if you are actually making gains or just getting fatter??I mean some muscles actually look more defined that when I was leaner but others actually look smaller due to fat gain
>>
>>35636622
Is there a lower back extension machine at your gym?
>>
How do you get 150g+ of protein a day without eating same thing every day or shitton of one thing daily, like over half a kilo chicken breasts a day and so on?
I eat some meat every day, tuna, milk and whey, eggs, lil protein from food likes rice, oats etc, sometimes beans, but I need to start bulking and I really do not eat a lot. I can if it tastes great but these things.. yeah
>>
>>35636728
Have a steak every other day maybe. They can be packed with more than half your daily protein requirement
>>
>>35636728
what's wrong with eating the same thing every day?
>>
Split vs Full body workout while cutting. Does it matter? I know it's mostly diet that makes a good cut but still would like to hear some thoughts
>>
>>35636743
Makes me want to kill myself and it generally tastes boring plus I need to eat shitton of it.
>>
>>35630676

Best way to burn fat with cardio? I try and vary it like 20 minutes of HIIT one day and 40 minutes of the next?

My normal cardio usually goes two days of HIIT then a day of LISS then another two days of HIIT and so on.
>>
>>35631083
If you don't calculate your weights in Newtons I don't know what we can do for you
>>
>>35631872
go to fitness conventions and hit up the vendor booths. or get a job and buy your supps like everyone else
>>
>>35633461
the combination gives optimal body recomposition if you gain muscle mass your bodyfat % drops because you have more total mass and the same fat mass. So you want to build muscle and lose fat to look best.
>>
>>35634149
start with dumbells if you want to get into the habit of going to the gym. Also don't neglect your legs. If you can't deadlift the barbell then there are serious issues.
>>
>>35635223
if the soreness lasts more than a few days it's worth getting checked out. take some ibuprofen in the meantime
>>
>>35630767
135lbs is 1pl8

yes, it's dumb.
>>
>>35631945
>those leg proportions

you're a fucking orangutan
>>
>>35636745
Bamp
>>
I've been balding for a little bit of time now and I thought I might use creatine. Now my question is will it accelerate my loss of hair?
>>
>>35637044
Yes
>>
When doing a long cut (Eg 1 year long) is it necessary to take breaks from working out/diet throughout that year? Example: taking a"week off" every three months. Or is this just a mental thing and will the occasional cheat meals suffice?
>>
>>35636728
pork chops my man
>>
>>35634492
that scapula knowledge has helped me so much. thank you anon!!!!
>>
>>35631083
wait wait wait

you put weight on BOTH sides? how autistic are you?

you put the weight on one side of the bar and bench it. your other hand stabilize the bar. then you put the weight on the other side and repeat. that's how you do it for maximum muscle gain.

you will not gonna make it brah
>>
>>35630676
What lowers test / what raises test?
Also what is the importants of high test?
>>
>>35631899
>It's way easier to finish 3x5 sets with perfect reps than 5x5 sets with perfect reps. Not only that, but doing 5x5 will exhaust you before the next lift
I thought SS was always 3x10?
>>
can any boxingfag tell me how many kcal a workout burns? myfitnesspal got lifting covered but not boxing
>>
>>35640597
Depends on the intensity
>>
Just bought my first protein cocaine (lifted for a year now with minimal profit). Went with ON Gold because all the meme sites told me its the best. NOw, how do I get all the gains?
>>
>>35641344
>NOw, how do I get all the gains?
By putting it in everything. EVERYTHING!
>>
>>35640929
sparring and hitting the sack in matchtempo with 3 min rounds for an hour. 50 sec rest between rounds
>>
Is it a good idea to alternate strength and functional training every other day or I'm just spreading the butter too thin?
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 475x475px
>>35641344
I like putting it in a bowl of oats with skim milk.
Mixes well with lots of stuff.
Mix two scoops with an egg and skim milk in a coffee cup and make a protein cake.
>tastesgoodbrah.jpg
There's a recipe pic for it but I never saved it.
>>
Please rate this routine. I have just done starting strength and I'm wanting to get better aesthetics and strength

A
Squat 3x5, 1x8
Bench 3x5, 1x8
Pendlay Rows 3x5
Dips
Ab work

B
OHP 3x5, 1x8
Deadlift 3x5
SLDL 3x8
Curls 3x8
Chin ups
Ab work

AxBxAxx
>>
>>35641436
You can possibly put it in as an hour of moderate tempo swimming if you do good legwork, but still won't be completely accurate. Go after the most similar exercise in the app. You're the best judge of your own work here.
>>
>>35641509
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSq_LpKRqKY
>>
Hey /fit/
I was an obese fat fuck this time last year
Now that I dropped a little over hundred pounds I was thinking of joining a martial arts class

I was wondering if I should lose more weight before I start
I'm currently 178lbs at 5'8''

Also what martial arts do you recommend?
I was thinking muay thai, bjj, or krav maga

Thanks
>>
Wait so I shouldn't do SL?
>>
Does /fit/ have issues with riding bicycle with large thick juicy calves? The wire shit on the breaks pads cut my calves all to hell.
>>
File: zfvGe0A.jpg (18KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
zfvGe0A.jpg
18KB, 320x480px
Is it normal for my vision to get really spotty/bright when I run? I just started running and I'm not even exhausted yet and I begin to see light green spots in my vision. If I keep going the spots begin to collect at the center of my vision and slightly impair my ability to see. I'm not sure if this is adrenaline or something, that's why I'm asking.

When i close my eyes it looks Very similar to pic. Sometimes it can occupy more than 50% of my vision. When I open my eyes, the areas that had the green spot is much brighter than usual.

Also what's a good heart rate monitor wristband that doesn't cost more than 100 dollars??
>>
>>35641853
Kind of sounds like sun spots, like when you stare into a light.

Is there any point to doing some pullups every day if I already do weighted pullups 3x a week?
>>
>>35636728
Serious mass protein powder. But if you aren't lifting heavy. Get ready to put your dick in obesity.
>>
>>35641853
Get your blood pressure checked. Also, check for anemia.
>>
Okay so before I start bulking, how long am I supposed to do it for?

2 weeks? A month?
>>
>>35641589
alright thanks
>>
Have dropped over 100 pounds in approx. 14 months, and can finally see a flat stomach.

I've done it through cardio and diets, no chance for me to get a gym membership.

Good at home ab workouts to develop my abs more? I know when I lose a bit more pounds is when I would see them, but after all this time I dont even know if I have them enough to make them defined.
>>
Was getting psyched for arms day until I realised about 30 mins ago that my gym closed early today.

What do with my life?
>>
>>35642472
>arms day

Pls say that you atleast bench 140kg
>>
i've got a programming question

the gym is going to be closed on monday

fucking up my saturday - monday - wednesday

rotation

do i go on tuesday? and change my schedule a bit?
>>
File: 1445964056970.png (16KB, 736x547px) Image search: [Google]
1445964056970.png
16KB, 736x547px
>>35642472
>arms day
Please be joking
>>
My friends are slowly cutting off contact with me because I started lifting and don't play videogames as often as I used to.
How do I deal with the inevitable crippling loneliness when they eventually just stop talking to me?
>>
>>35630676
Does speed of execution matter when working out ? Is there a difference between doing a rep fast/normal/slow ? Assuming correct form
>>
Anyone here ever got a cortisone injection for shoulder bursitis?

If so How was it? How long until you got back to heavy benching?
>>
>>35642618
do saturday-tuesday-thursday.
>>
How accurate is Scooby's calorie calculator on the sticky?

His calculator says to gain muscle and loose fat I need to eat 3400 cal a day. The sticky says to maintin BW use BW*14-15 which give me 2600-2800 cal a day.

What should I use if all i want is to get stronger without putting on a shit ton of fat?
>>
Are cold showers only a meme?
>>
I'm new to the gym and have to go alone during the week

What are the simpler lifts that are hard for me to fuck up?
>>
File: 1450093676974.jpg (44KB, 569x506px) Image search: [Google]
1450093676974.jpg
44KB, 569x506px
So I'm up to 3.5 pl8 diddly mix grip. 1x5 last set amrap I can hit 2. I feel like I'm on the verge of shitting my guts out. If I use chalk, straps, belts, etc.. will my lifts become easier? What would you recommend I used. Thinking about chalk/belt combo but don't know if that takes away from the gains or not.
>>
>>35641919
Shillingjewgoy.jpg
>>
>>35635235
Not him but thank you. Been looking for something like this
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-17+at+11.14.45).jpg (75KB, 360x634px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-17+at+11.14.45).jpg
75KB, 360x634px
https://my.mixtape.moe/nmrnfw.webm

Can I get a form check?
>>
>>35643513
>Chalk

JUST end this meme
>>
>>35641587
You just posted SS with a few accessories
>>
>>35643614
Recommendations?
>>
>>35643570
Your foot is collapsing, your stance might be a little bit too wide plus your toes shouldn't be pointing out to the side so much. Plus - buttwink.
>>
Is it okay to lose 3lbs of fat per week?
>>
>>35643834
My girlfriend lost about 1kg a week, it's okay but you'll probably be losing some muscle with it
>>
Anyone else feel pain or discomfort on the testicles when doing vacuums?
I feel little pain in my right testicle when I'm doing them.
>>
>>35630676
Greyskull LP with pull-ups.
>>
>>35643571
Don't ever fucking respond to me again unless you're contributing to the thread
>>
>>35643513
Chal helped me for more of a tight grip, I'd recommend it, plus it's really cheap.
>>
>>35643254
make fit friends
>>
2 questions

1) should I do squats before tire flips and box jumps or after?

2) full body or upper lower split? I've been lifting for around 5 years and have a good strength base (obviously since I've lifted so long)

I'm trying to design my own routine that includes strongman and explosive movements.
>>
>>35643851
I don't mind about that, my legs are massively out of proportion. I want a clean canvas before I start lifting again
>>
>>35643974

Box jumps first, tire flips after squatting (assuming the flips are for conditioning). Tire flips earlier if you're doing them for technique work or similar. The general rule for training order goes technique work -> power work -> strength work ->hypertrophy work -> conditioning work.

Full body is hard to do if you're bringing in a lot of extra movements. Its possible but upper/lower is generally less of a pain to assemble.
>>
Can you eat too much protein in one meal? My friend tells me to never take a shake with a meal because it's more protein than my body can digest at once
>>
Wait so as a beginner what should I do?

Starting strrnght or strong lifts?
>>
>>35630676
not gonna make it bro
>>
I'm having trouble bulking. It costs so much money to buy all this food and preparing/eating it takes a lot of time out of my current hobbies.

Literally how do fatties do it?
>>
I'm on ICF 5x5. Started Mid-December and started light purposely to practice form and to acclimate my body to make DOMS easier to deal with. I have a couple questions.

I have no chest to speak of, and I'm wondering if this routine will develop my chest enough. I'm sure it gets indirect work every session but benching is the only thing that really hits it right? Should I add some other chest excercise?

Is it acceptable to swap out bent over bb rows with something like lat pulldown or seates cable row on B days? I need to record my rows just because idk if I'm moving the bar enough. I think I need to back the weight down slightly to get my lats involved more.
>>
>>35631002
literally everyone counts the bar
>>
>>35643974
>>35644052

1.This is what it's meant to be: Core lifts>Accesories>conditioning. The core lifts require the most technique, power and strength are pretty much interchangeable and usually fall into core lifts, hypertrophy just implies higher rep range that you'd use on the accessories.
Your core lifts here would be squats, tire flips depending on the weight and reps could be anywhere in core lifts, accessories, and conditioning. I'd put them after squats personally as tire flips work your back more and I wouldn't want to do squats with a tight back. Box jumps are straight up conditioning.

2.Splits are considered the most effective, if you have over an hour to spend at the gym full body can work for you but it's never really recommended. Recovery between each of the movements, and emphasis on certain body parts are probably it's main draw backs.
>>
>>35644418
I mean benching is typically sufficient to look okay. Incline bench is a superior exercise, decline is probably good to do, and doing dumbbell presses in addition to barbell is a good thing to do. Not every day though
>>
>>35630676
high bar vs low bar squats?
>>
>>35644462

Do me a favour. Next two sessions you're training, try doing a 3RM snatch and a 3RM deadlift. Reverse the order next time. Then tell me there's no difference between power and strength movements and their effect on the rest of the workout.

Also, anyone who uses box jumps for conditioning is a dumb motherfucker, exceeded only by those who try and use snatches for conditioning work.
>>
>>35644308
If you have too much protein you'll just shit it out so there's no real adverse health risks. Your body absorbs different proteins at a given rate and can only absorb so much within a certain time, it's best to go by protein per day. Things get tricky as it's different for every person, but I believe it's somewhere between 40 to 70g of protein per 8 hrs, which is a lot so I wouldn't worry.

>>35644311
SS and SL are both quite similar, SS is IMO better than SL so long as once you start getting decent numbers you move onto another program. SL is easier to do though, so there's that factor. Whichever you do make sure you follow the program properly.
>>
I was squatting 315 yesterday and right when I started coming back up I got a jolt of pain in my lower back. I took the rest if the day off and iced it. It doesn't hurt but there's discomfort.

How should I treat it and how long til I can resume lifting?
>>
>>35644372
This so much. I'm on holiday at the moment and it's fairly easy, but fuck once I'm in uni this going to be hard. I cant imagine making my 800 cal breakfast in like 20 minutes
>>
>>35644583
Did you have good form? Around 315 is usually where snap city form actually snaps backs
>>
>>35644621
I'm not from here, whats snap city?
>>
>>35643570
is that high or lowbar? it looks like you are doing a goodmorning squat, you are drifting too forward. keep your back really tight and chest up.
>>
File: 1434476667305.jpg (15KB, 130x240px) Image search: [Google]
1434476667305.jpg
15KB, 130x240px
This is a broad question to everyone here. How many Squat racks does your gym have? I'm searching for a gym in my local area and all 4 close to me only have 2. is this a normal amount or what?
>>
>>35644659

That's more than a lot of gyms have. Three or four racks would usually only be found in a very large gym or a very barebones hardcore gym.
>>
>>35644621
I do have good form. Recorded myself early on til I got it down. I was wearing my lifting belt tighter than usual. Perhaps that has something to do with it?
>>
>>35644641
just a phrase for fucking up your body, slipped disc, torn scapula etc...

does anyone else lose their breath when deep squatting with the valsalva maneuver? i need to take a few breaths at the top til i can squat again. Is cardio all it takes to improve this? when i was watching clarence0 squat for 5 i noticed he did this allot too.
>>
>>35644565
Snatches require an immense amount of technique to do them properly, doing DL before snatches would jeopardise that and make them that much harder, which falls into why you do the exercises requiring more technique first. I say strength and power are interchangeable because they are, strength implies you're able to lift heavier and power implies you can lift heavy over a quick time period. Squatting 315 slow usually means you can squat 215 fast, it's the same reason why squatting helps your verticle jump, and why strongmen are able to produce so much power. I'd get into some basic high school physics but I think the only joke funnier than your high school career is your one rep max.

Very rarely do people do box jumps as a main lift, they're usually done last in the workout as partly a means for some HIIT. Go to your gym and ask the most knowledgeable person around who does box jumps as a main lift. Box jumps are a great warm up for squats I'll admit, but mostly done as a form of HIIT.

The same people who do Snatches for conditioning probably believe strength and power are different, and that box jumps constitute a core lift. That's some crossfit logic right there bro.
>>
>>35644659
Two gyms I go, only have one, the chain gym has a smith machine too.
>>
>>35643254
We will always be here mate
>>
How bad is it to skip workouts and make them up the next day? I can always make 3 gym days a week during the semester, but I can't keep something like M/W/F consistently because of work and such.

Doing SS btw.
>>
>>35644904
Missing a day isn't bad so long as you make up for it the day after and you get your required rest. Some people don't go by the week days and instead do something like AxBxAxBxA where they go every 2nd day.
>>
>>35643254
I stopped smoking weed and drink only once or twice a month since I got fit and that basically killed my connection with my friends. Still hang out on occasion but they've been doing the same routine since the 10th grade. Spend all day smoking weed then hit the local dive bar on the weekends and complain about the same shit.

Can't speak for your friends anon but in my experience it's not so bad. Then again I'm also an INTJ asshole.
>>
What FREE services do you guys use to track your macros? Also, how to figure out cutting macros???
>>
>>35631899
Any beginner program should start babyweight you fucking mong, so you have good form when you move heavy weights, instead of pushing yourself with terrible form.

SL doesn't say add 2.5kg on every workout, it says you should go up by about that much on bench to start with, and more on things like squats or diddlies, then slow it down when you can't move up as quickly, same as SS.

Doing something more times a week doesn't mean you'll be better at doing it, if I do deads three times a day, I'm doing it much more than either program, but my progression would be shit.

Strength and power is seriously just a matter of how explosively you do a lift, and lets not act like any of us actually have any real idea how to train in particular for power.

SL doesn't just have you do barbell rows, it clearly says you can add in chins. Rows do work biceps as well, by the way.

SL is only 5x5 for the first little while, and after your second deload, you drop it to 3x5.

I can't see deloading after you fail a lift twice in a row being too often, what's the alternative? You just keep trying to move a weight that you can't move yet?
The reason this gets people up in arms is because it's fucking wrong, and half of it is just blatantly lying.
>>
>>35636254
if your diet is right you can do any type of workout while cutting. Split routines generally do not have as many full body movements so the thinking is you won't burn as many calories but it just means you might not get away with as much extra calories.
>>
>>35636622
you generally don't need to work the lower back directly, focus on doing core movements with good posture and your back will probably feel better. RKC planks and other moves with some intensity to them if you are ambitious
>>
>>35636651
use a measuring tape, track your progress on weight lifted. Generally if you are getting stronger then things are moving in the right direction. Clean up your diet if you are gaining more fat than muscle.
>>
>>35636728
either supplement or just get used to eating the same things every day. You can rotate through diff proteins if you want but it may take more effort. You could look up foods on MFP or eatthismuch if you need more ideas.
>>
>>35631002
>this tired meme
why?
the NYR faggots will believe you...
>>
>>35636745
whichever one will keep your motivated to go consistently. Falling off the training wagon while dieting is the biggest danger.

Full body workouts use more compound lifts usually so theres the chance to burn more calories but an intelligent split routine should be fine. A bro split with a separate day each for arms, shoulders, abs, calves etc will probably not use as much energy each workout so you would need a cleaner diet.
>>
File: 1452604156976.jpg (51KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1452604156976.jpg
51KB, 625x626px
>>35631002
>>
>>35637202
there's no rule that you have to, if you change movements every couple months and reduce volume every once in a while when you feel beat up you should be fine.
>>
>>35639073
Test is the hormone responsible for lots of muscle growth signals. Your natural levels of it are pretty set by genetics but you can do a few things to make sure levels are optimized:

Heavy resistance training on a regular basis

get enough sleep

get enough zinc, magnesium, chromium, and saturated fats in your diet.

avoid excessive soy consumption
>>
>>35641344
put some in your socks every morning to optimal absorption
>>
>>35641494
as long as you are able to keep progressing you are doing fine. Make sure to eat and sleep enough and do soft tissue/mobility work if you get stiff but the body can handle a lot of volume if given time to adapt.
>>
File: RDL.jpg (16KB, 203x250px) Image search: [Google]
RDL.jpg
16KB, 203x250px
alright, so i have been told that if you take an RDL all the way to the bottom, it is only a conventional deadlift...

...but the thing is, everyone i see doing conventional is using their legs a lot more than i am....

when i deadlift it looks like pic related, only with more lumbar extension, and a tiny tiny bit less bend in the knees.

i basically only sit back a tiny tiny bit (just enough to keep the bar against my thigh) until the bar gets to my knees, then i hinge my hips down to there.

so it is almost like a SLDL, except the bar is touching my shins, and i sit back just a little bit for more glute activation

..is this "proper" technique?
>>
>>35642185
depends on your goals. You need at least 6 weeks to expect to see any meaningful results, and you should probably stick with the same workout program for at least 2-3 months even if you tone down your food consumption.
>>
>>35642428
planks, then RKC planks

leg raises and then L-sit progressions if you don't have a pullup bar

hanging leg raises and then front lever progressions if you do have a pullup bar
>>
File: conventional deadlift.jpg (33KB, 1188x1028px) Image search: [Google]
conventional deadlift.jpg
33KB, 1188x1028px
>>35645785
pic is what i see most other people do.
>>
>>35642472
pushups

>>35643266
yes, the goal should be to accelerate on the way up and control on the way down unless you have a specific reason for changing the tempo. It requires more force to accelerate a weight faster so go with that. When you lift heavy rep speed may slow down a bit due to the weight.

but its better to keep good form then focus too much on being explosive and get all out of whack
>>
>>35643456
leg press machine, pullups, t-bar row,

>>35643386
all calculators are just generalizations, you will need to experiment a bit to figure out what actually works for you. Pick one and use it as a starting point and adjust every 2 weeks until things are moving in the right direction.
>>
heres my beltless pr from tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2E1zvUx-Ec

can i get a form check? was depth good?

sorry about how my friend held my phone.
>>
Google isn't helping me understand this:

What is inflammation and how do I tell it's inflammation vs. fatigue/stress?
>>
>>35645785
>>35645812
plaese respond
>>
>>35643641
keep doing it for several months and change out anything that doesn't work. Repeat for 5 years

>>35643834
Depends how fat you already are.

>>35644308
Unless you're not eating other macronutrients there's no inherent danger to eating extra protein. Generally just eat the shakes after the food so that you don't ruin your appetite for whole foods.

>>35644311
Doesn't matter just pick one and stick with it for at least 3 months

>>35644372
get denser calories like nuts, nut butters, coconut oil/milk to snack on. Go for huge dinners and then use leftovers for other meals to cut down on prep time.

>>35644418
use a row variation not a vertical pull to replace bent over rows.

>>35644485
whichever one you can do without pain.

>>35644703
It's not uncommon to get out of breath on heavy squats. Conditioning might help a little, it should get better as you continue to do squats and get more used to it.
>>
>>35645184
Myfitnesspal is the most popular. I use eatthismuch to plan out new phases when I change up my macros
>>
Smh desu senpai
>>
>>35645812
form will look different depending on your proportions. As long as your glutes and hamstrings are doing the work and not your lower back then you will be fine

>>35645858
Inflammation is like a sunburn (red, puffy and hurts) but it can happen to muscles and tendons. If it sticks around for a long time it might be inflammation. Tendonitis is an example of inflammation. Usually you just want to keep an eye on things and rest areas that don't seem to be fully recovering.
>>
>>35645785
Romanians, conventionals, and SLDLs have a lot of overlap, but there's a few changes in form between them that emphasize different muscles. Quick cliffs:

>Conventional
Starts from floor, legs bent. ROM is through lockout. Dynamically works quads (drive off the floor), hamstrings, and glutes (lockout). Isometrically works spinal erectors.

>Romanian deadlift
Starts at the top, legs straight but not locked. Hinge hips back, lower bar and keep it close to thighs. ROM stops when you lose your lordotic lower back arch, and is usually determined by hamstring flexibility. Weight rarely touches the floor except in very flexible individuals. Dynamically works hamstrings and glutes, isometrically works spinal erectors.

>SLDL

Starts from floor. Can be done more explosively than RDLs since it can be pulled from a dead stop. Can be done with either a neutral or rounded lower back. ROM stops at lockout. Bar path may be further forward than other two variants. Dynamically works hamstrings, glutes, and spinal erectors (if done with a rounded lower back). Isometrically works spinal erectors if done with a neutral/arched lower back.

Your setup will vary for conventional, but a big difference between conventional and the other two is initial quad drive.
>>
File: dick sucking strech.jpg (121KB, 1000x720px) Image search: [Google]
dick sucking strech.jpg
121KB, 1000x720px
>>35645928
>ROM stops when you lose your lordotic lower back arch, and is usually determined by hamstring flexibility. Weight rarely touches the floor except in very flexible individuals.
i am flexible as fuck.
can do front splits and pic related.

do i call my deadlift form a "rdl"?
>>
>>35645944
Very flexible individuals may need to stand on an elevated surface to increase the ROM for a proper RDL.

Either way, although conventional deadlift technique is going to differ from person to person, you should have some knee bend to allow for quad drive when starting the lift. What though described in your first post is more like a flat backed SLDL.
>>
>>35645994
when i do sldl i keep knees straight.

when i deadlift, i sit back just a little to let the glutes do some more work..

am i just being a pedantic faggot who should stop caring what to call it?
>>
It's been about two years since I weightlifted.

Went through a divorce, got depressed, stopped giving a shit, moved and living like a brokefag.

I have a set of adjustable dumbbells and no bench.

Can I do anything to start getting back into it again with this?
>>
>>35645884
>>35645796

What happens at the 3 mo. mark?
>>
>>35646043
I need the full details anon, who cheated on who? I need to know why some relationships fail so that I don't mess up
>>
>>35646014
I prefer to use the quad drive as one of the primary differences between the SLDL and conventional.

But yes, it's probably nitpicking at this point.

>>35646043
That's going to be pretty limiting. Start looking for a gym.
>>
>>35646080
I didn't want to put a kid in her because I'm not retarded, and she changed her mind about wanting to have kids. Then she put on about 75 lbs. and started fucking niggers while I was on tour.

Honestly, the answer is if you love it, don't put a fucking ring on it.
>>
I have a combined total of 110lbs in plates, a curl bar and dumbbells. Can I build decent muscles with this or do I need something more heavier? I don't want a big muscular guy like most people on /fit/, I just want a nice build.
>>
>>35646099
I'm broke as fuck and I only live at home ~4-5 months a year. I don't know if paying for a decent non-old faggot/lady gym is worth it. Do some places do single month memberships?
>>
>>35646043
floor press, flyes for chest
db press and arnold press for shoulder
rear delt flyes, shrugs, pull ups, one arm rows for back

weighted pistol squats for legs (may need to train balance and flexibilty and strength to do a bodyweight pistol, so if that is the case work on getting to that first)

your glutes will be underdeveloped.
>>
>>35646125
Actually maintained pretty good lower body from backpacking and hiking frequently and living earlier life as a real fat slob. Carrying 270 around every day does pretty good work for your legs.
>>
>>35646119
You're going to mostly be pretty skinny with that amount of weight, but you'll be better in at least some areas than you are now, so you might as well.

Also, the whole "I don't want to be big and muscular" is fucking stupid, people spend years trying to look that way, you're not going to accidentally become it.

If you don't want to get bigger, don't eat bigger.

But assuming you mean ottermode when you say nice build (most people tend to), then no, you'll need a lot more than that.
>>
A couple hours after lifting I feel this uncomfortable pressure, almost like pain, around my lower back that goes away overnight. Should I be worried about this? Is it my form that's causing it?
>>
File: greg o'gallager legs.png (240KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
greg o'gallager legs.png
240KB, 300x300px
>>35646199
fact: you cannot get "too big" without roids.

you can only get as big as greg o'gallagher
>>
>>35646199
Alright thanks, then how much weight would it take to reach ottermode? There's this swap meet nearby me where they sell plates for cheap so getting more plates wouldn't pose a problem.
>>
>>35646358
300lb minimum

really you should still be aiming for a 4pl8 deadlift (405lb)
>>
Is the squat really as complicated as Rip makes it sound like? I'm going to the gym for the first time on Monday and probably my biggest concern has been the form on squats and stuff like not going deep enough. Can I get away with half-assing them in the beginning until I figure out the form properly?
>>
>>35630676
How do I know that I've taken a trip to snap city?
>>
>>35646333
hes well under the natty limit tho
>>
>>35646358
I'd probably say that you'd need around 3pl8 (315lbs) overall, but you won't be moving that much on most of your lifts, only deads most likely.

It's impossible for us to say exactly though, because everyone reacts differently to weights training, some people put on muscle much easier than others.

Honestly, just get those 315lbs, and train until you're satisfied with how big you are, a good ottermode sort of look will still take you probably a bit over a year, with consistent and structure training/diet.

>>35646641
It's not simple, but it's not this super hard movement, not on light weights at least. Don't go heavy on your first time, start with the bar, or near it, and build up to heavier weights so you know your form's okay.
>>
>>35646720
Sharp pain while still lifting.

>>35646754
I forgot to mention, that 315lbs includes the bar.
>>
My gym has no squat rack, only a smith machine. Changing gyms is not an option since this is the cheapest one I could find and I'm extremely short on money right now. What the fuck do I do?
>>
I'm on 600mg of Test-E weekly, I'm starting my 9th week of my first cycle. Would it be effective to train everyday with 3 or 4 cardio sessions a week?

Split:
A-Back/Biceps
B-Chest/Triceps/Shoulders
C-Legs
D-Biceps/Triceps/Shoulders

ABCDABCD
>>
>>35646859
Sure, but you probably don't need to focus so hard on arms, you've got three times the amount of arm exercises compared to anything else.
>>
how do you cut?

just not eat?

take caffeeine pills?

pls give me like an explanation. i have no problem following orders but don't know how and can't find anything on the subject.

thanks.
>>
>>35646931
My legs and glutes are big, i have a decent chest, and my back has grown nicely since I started the cycle, but since I was natty, I've always found it hard to gain mass on my arms, that's why I'm so desperate about arms, but I don't know if this would do.
>>
>>35646958
Post a pic. And some arm isolations would definitely help, but you've added way, way too many, three out of your four days are either focused on arms, or will work them heavily.

It definitely will make them grow, but it might make them grow in a disproportionate way to everything else.
>>
>>35646955
When I did intermittent fasting, I'd plow through it by just drinking coke zero whenever I felt any hunger until dinner time.

Not healthy at all, but it did the job for me.
>>
File: greg o'gallagher natty shoulder.jpg (163KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
greg o'gallagher natty shoulder.jpg
163KB, 1024x1024px
>>35646738
not really.
168 at 6.6% bodyfat is only a few pounds under the natty limit
https://symmetricstrength.com/calculator/ideal_bodyweight
plus, like half of /fit/ thinks he is on gear.

pic related.

also he has been lifting as a natty for fucking years (over a decade, iirc)

so it's not like you can expect to get bigger than him, especially unintentionally.
>>
Hey /fit/ want to hear a story about how I terribly cockblocked myself?
>>
>>35647020
flavored seltzer water is infinitely better.

no artificial sweeteners (Though erithrytol is fine in low doses, as long as you don't get headaches or diarrhea, there are no side-effects.. it is essentially pharmacologically inert, you just urinate it out unmetabolized)

the carbonation helps you feel full.

vitamin gummies are awesome as well, because the sugar content can replenish liver glycogen (Which is what most of the early-onset hunger pangs are due to), and the micros help for satiation and over-all health.

fiber pills are also great for that (i just capsulate my own psyllium husk)

>>35646955
read the sticky.
watch kinobody on youtube
https://kinobody.com/diet-and-nutrition/intermittent-fasting-for-maximum-muscle-and-minimum-fat/
>>
>>35648227

The natural limit at 25 isn't what everyone can do, mate. It's the peak of genetics. Expecting everyone to hit 25 isn't how it works, some people will cap out at 22 without steroids.
>>
>>35648273
/r/equesting the study where the 25ffmi as the natty limit is sourced from (Because it has several natural lifters with ffmi higher than 25)

also it is the natural "LIMIT" not the natural potential.
>>
>>35637044
I want to double this question. Is there any scientific research linking creatine and accelerated balding or its just meme/broscience?
>>
File: 2016-01-15 07.00.40.png (289KB, 947x1129px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-15 07.00.40.png
289KB, 947x1129px
Just starting conjugate method.
Any tips or advice that one would need to go in.
>>
how can you tell if you have low test and why does it cost so fucking much to get it tested ?
>>
>>35648725
You would probably just need a blood test. So, a nurse or tech would draw blood and send it to a lab where a machine would literally count whatever--TESTOSTERONE MOLECULES!

It shouldn't cost shit if you a) have health insurance and b) your doctor asks for it.

Doc will only order those labs if he has a reason. If you seem normal, perform normally, don't have any obvious health issues, then he won't order the labs and you'll have to straight up pay for them. That's why. Doctors only ask for this shit if you display signs and symptoms that merit further investigation. The labs are just another tool to figure out what's up.
>>
File: review-of-best-binoculars.jpg (31KB, 507x337px) Image search: [Google]
review-of-best-binoculars.jpg
31KB, 507x337px
How do you guys make friends? Where do you guys go to make friends? I have no friends.
>>
>>35649312
Do you have any hobbies anon?
>>
Somebody explain milk (GOMAD and stuff) to me, I don't get. It tastes like shit, has few protein in it compared to other meat n dairy, and comes quite costly if you actually dump a gallon inside yourself daily
>>
>>35649767
I rock climb at a gym but no one goes to the climbing gym alone other than me, so it's hard to engage in a nice conversation with people that are together and suggest that we go out for beers or something.

I like to sew, wouldn't consider it a hobby though. I just like making things like pen rolls and tailoring my clothes.

I want to learn how to ice skate, but I don't know if I should get a trainer for it, or I should learn it by myself.
>>
I hurt the right side of my right hand benching today, it feels like a strained muscle anyone experience this or know what it is?
>>
What is the most one can do with dumbbells
>>
>>35649952
GOMAD is either a meme or a good way for skellys to gain weight fast, depends on who you ask
>>
>>35649960
Gym can be a bit tough, but even then, just ask someone for a spot and strike up conversation, it's awkward a good amount of the time, but who cares, they just think you were making small talk either way.

Sewing can be hard to be social with, maybe classes? Or if you're good enough, selling your stuff at local markets would be a good way.

Ice skating is probably worth getting a trainer I'd say.
Meeting people can be hard, but it's just a matter of finding people you kinda get along with to start off, then you'll meet more people from them, don't expect to meet your best friend straight off.
Thread posts: 230
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.