[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Squat issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 0348502398230.jpg (77KB, 460x361px) Image search: [Google]
0348502398230.jpg
77KB, 460x361px
I have been going to the gym for about 1 year now and ever since I started I've never been able to squat. I found out that its 2 reasons for this.

1. I have really long femurs and cant balance my squat.

2. I cant seem to get my shins anything more than parallel with my ankles. I cant push my shins any further than that.

Anyone knows what I can do to fix all of this?
>>
>Straight bone
>parallel with a join

how do you even?
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 282x179px
>>35626479
Change your tampon then try again.
>>
>>35626479
I know this is probably shitty unprofessional advice but have you watched Candito's video? it helped me even though I was squatting for a while
>>
>>35626528
Candito was all awesome till he got into the whole "I'm a piece of shit!" competitive mode. Otherwise solid guy.
>>
File: 1439511643409.gif (1MB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
1439511643409.gif
1MB, 276x260px
>I have really long femurs

>there's people on /fit/ who take this meme seriously
>>
>>35626479
Okay, long femurs are not an excuse you are simply inflexible as shit, and probably have weak glutes.

You can fix this by stretching your hips and your ankles, do glute bridges/bird dogs etc before squatting and roll the shit out of your glutes, quads, IT band and abductors
>>
>>35626551
wait what? I haven't watched any of his new videos. explain
>>
fucking stretch. every day.
>>
>>35626677
I haven't either, I stopped around the time he kept entering competition. He would alternate between making excuses for his performance to acting like an asian kid who failed a test. Got awkward so I stopped watching. I'm sure he's over it by now... maybe good to check again, might do it now..
>>
work on your mobility you fucking twat.

hurr durr i have long femurs i-its all genetics guys
>>
>>35626479
We have the same issues op. I use the same excuse to skip leg day as you do.

Them long feeeeeeeemurs
>>
>>35626479
Work on your squat mobility bra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPXZq7qWob0
>>
>>35626479
If you have long femurs, you must widen your stance and flare your knees out to allow your torso to remain upright throughout the movement.
You should stretch your adductors and work on activating your abductors, or glutes, in order to do this.
>>
>>35627571
This, the only way to squat with long legs is a wide stance with toes pointed 45°
>>
>>35626479
long femurs have never stopped anyone from squatting properly, I have long femurs. all you have to do is keep your heels at least shoulder width, point your toes out to open up your hips, and descend according to your style of squat.

Focus on one or two cues at a time, like "knees out" and "Draw the rib cage down" to keep your abs rigid.

Ankle mobility may be an issue if you are attempting to squat high bar, there are plenty of sources for that on youtube, but often times you may just need to do a few more warm-up sets with the bar to allow your tissues to move around the joint more efficiently.

Try not to over-diagnose yourself because often times it really is as simple as adjusting your set up
>>
>>35626694
Don't be so hard on him, he still hasn't recovered from having all his hopes and dreams crushed by Bort Gobbs.
>>
>>35626479
if you have long femurs you just need to improve ankle flexibility.
>>
This thread is now QTDDTOT: Squats Edition.

How do you breathe during squats? I hold my breath all the way down and all the way up. But I'm new, so I move pretty slow, particularly down, because I'm still concentrating heavily on form, not pitching too far forward, etc. This often leads me to start feeling lightheaded after just a few reps. What do?
>>
>>35626479
Elevate. Your. Heels.

Lifting shoes or put your heels on small plates or a board like Arnold.
>>
>>35629047
Breath out a little on the way up. Just force a little air out in a hiss against a mostly closed glottis.

Or learn how to abdominal brace properly. It ain't quite the same as the valsalva.
>>
>>35629006
What you actually need to do is get your knees out wider. Ankle mobility is only good for 20 degrees of dorsiflextion before you run into bony bits. Long-femured folk need more than that.
>>
>>35629047
You seem to be doing it right. You breathe out and in at the top. You breathe deep to fill your lungs with air to stablize yourself
>>
>>35628583
Why shouldn't I do this senpai
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.