[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you sacrifice gains for function? If it meant you'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: fighterbuilder.jpg (280KB, 674x511px) Image search: [Google]
fighterbuilder.jpg
280KB, 674x511px
Would you sacrifice gains for function?

If it meant you'd get better at fighting, climbing, running, whatever, would you sacrifice aspects of your aesthetics?
>>
>>35625301
Im not a monkey and I don't live in the jungle so no
>>
>>35625301
Yeah, because I would still look good enough to be happy with myself and life is not a bodybuilding competition.
>>
File: tango.jpg (215KB, 1536x1130px) Image search: [Google]
tango.jpg
215KB, 1536x1130px
>>35625339
How about dancing then? Be a great dancer but you have to be thinner.
>>
>>35625301

Absolutely
>>
>>35625301
not worth it
>>
fuck no

doing shit is for poor people
>>
>>35625301
Thats what Im in the process of doing. Without steroids aesthetics is pointless at least with having big muscles. Im now going for a more otter mode look and going to train MMA with Muay Thai and BJJ that Ive studied for a year.
>>
you can do all of those things and still be aesthetic, just not at an elite level
>>
>>35625579
No.

Fighting is for poor people, stupid people and the retarded.

Running ideally should be a part of being aesthetic.

Climbing is a pretty mediocre hobby and has little to no practical application to every day life.
>>
>>35625608
Yeah, well. Bodybuilding is a great hobby and has soooo many practical applications. Also, it's only for the smart and educated.

Kill yourself sempai
>>
>>35625608
Muay Thai, kickboxing, boxing all have amazing training regimens, don't knock it till you've tried it.
>>
>>35625608
>Climbing is a pretty mediocre hobby
What about you try it before judging.
It's one of the most honest sports in the world, possibly the only one where you simply can't cheat to win. You're able or you back down.
>>
>>35625301
>buakaw
>not aesthetic as fuck
>>
>>35625301
No. I lift for girls
>>
>>35625663
Never implied it wasn't, anon. But bodybuilding will give you a better looking body, overall.
>>
Any fucking day of the week. Aesthetics are awesome but I have never reached for more then I would get from being as functional as fuck. If you can't turn around a belt the living piss out of some dickhead/s sassing you or your wife and kids then you're doing it wrong. I used to really dig the aesthetic look but over time I have beaten the piss out of too many of them to have respect any more. If you're bodybuilding then at least, AT LEAST, work on your neck muscles so you don't look like a pumped up weaboo. And so you can take a hit.
>>
>>35625687
define 'better looking'. Your mind has been infected with bodybuilding standards.
>>
>>35625751
Broader, more muscular chest, usually bigger arms as well. The v-taper is more pronounced. All good things for a man. You don't have to be a roid-monster either.
>>
>>35625660
>possibly the only one where you simply can't cheat to win.
Is there no ban against juicing, then?

Because if you don't count that, it's also impossible to cheat at high-jump, pole vaulting, long-jump, triple-jump, 100m, 200m, 500m.............
>>
File: giggawhigga.jpg (14KB, 170x200px) Image search: [Google]
giggawhigga.jpg
14KB, 170x200px
>>35625618
>bodybuilding as a hobby

BODYBUILDING IS MY FUCKING LIFE BRAH
>>
>>35625776
buakaw is pretty broad though, his torso is aesthetic but his arms are small

but his arms need to be small or he'll get tired faster
>>
>>35625832
>gear
>cheating
not gonna make it tb h
>>
>>35625301
I'm not a grown man with the mindset of a teenage boy suffering from crippling insecurity, so yes.
>>
>>35625301
Only if I was to compete in something, then sure.
>>
>>35625301

Nope. Its all about looks baby.

Danger is for the police to handle. Thats why they are fucking there.
>>
>>35625832

>Is there no ban against juicing, then?
It wouldn't even help. Look at the top climbers and none of them are close to being ripped, because it doesn't improve their ability to climb. There really is no way to cheat on the competitive stage.

Only ways to cheat as a casual climber is to use a hold not designated on the route or not start at the beginning of the route.
>>
Can you not be strong and aesthetic? I literally do not understand.
>>
File: Ken-Roczen.jpg (105KB, 1380x920px) Image search: [Google]
Ken-Roczen.jpg
105KB, 1380x920px
>>35625301
Why not have both?
>>
Any day.
>>
File: image.jpg (911KB, 3296x2400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
911KB, 3296x2400px
Z-Zeus no yer not faggot
>>
>>35625301
no, why the hell would anyone who is not a paid athlete do that?
>>
>>35625654
muay thai and other martial arts are good as a sport/hobby/discipline, thinking someone will fight you in the street or a bar or actually fighting often with strangers is for poor and stupid people
>>
>>35625608
>Climbing is a pretty mediocre hobby
>he doesn't read Evola
>>
File: file.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>35625608
lol someone was bullied in school.
>>
>>35625355

Having quads and calves makes some argentine tango moves a pain in the ass desu familia
>>
>>35625608
>Fighting is for poor people, stupid people and the retarded.
I do MMA and I am planning to compete within the year and I completely agree to this.
>>
>>35625301
Yes. What kind of moron wouldn't?
>Big but useless or actually being capable
>>
>>35625608

Whay the fuck?

Climbing has pretty significant applications to daily life...

I don't climb anymore and I've noticed it.
>>
>>35625301
function is beautiful, looks for looks alone are superfluous and frivolous
>>
>>35625301

2bh i'd look pretty great with the fighter build too on account of my bone structure so it wouldn't even be a sacrifice

anyways there's literally no benefit to having zyzz-levels of muscle mass, you're not really reaping any benefits off of it (apart from mires by dudes on the internet) past where the fighter dude is, whereas you'd be able to hold your own
>>
I sacrificed size for boxing. Stuck on ottermode now but that's not "unaesthetic" by any means. Besides, let's be honest here zyzz had no game and died foreveralone. He fucked a few drugged up australian rave sluts but that was about it.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.