[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reasons you started lifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 27

File: 1450602211262.jpg (114KB, 642x858px) Image search: [Google]
1450602211262.jpg
114KB, 642x858px
What made you start lifting /fit/?

For me, it was because I wanted confidence when talking to people and not feeling like a weakling in a group.
>>
a girl broke my heart, needed a distraction, went to community gym.
>>
>>35624633
tfw no gf

been working on my asthetics, seems to be working, i've been numerous times i've become quite good looking in last couple years

now have to is get rid of my skinnyfat body

maybe finally then some girl will want me. r-right?
>>
>>35624633
Girlfriend is a hottie yoga instructor who's way too hot for me. I used to be a jobless, overweight, POS that would be funny in social settings.

I'll never figure out why she said yes the first time, and why she kept saying yes after that. Gave me the motivation to get off my ass and get my shit together.
>>
>>35624633

why do i find her feet so hot in that picture?
not even a foot fetish
>>
>>35624633
i mind for sauce
>>
File: 1452347238437.jpg (37KB, 555x444px) Image search: [Google]
1452347238437.jpg
37KB, 555x444px
>depressed, never left house except for work
>realise that I wasn't depressed at work (labouring job)
>musclehead friend needed a workout buddy
>go to community gym with him
>realise depression's not there when I lift
It's also nice noticing that strangers are more interested in me, and guys don't try fuck with me because I don't look like such a pussy.
>>
>>35624639
Same 2bh famsterdam, this post gave me the feels
>>
>>35624760
Elina modelina

X3lina is her snapchat
>>
>>35624633
>overweight
>back discomfort
>nothing to do with girls
lifting has done wonders. though it also took sensible diet & some HIIT too.
>>
>>35624798
Danke schon m8, i'll be off fapping.
>>
File: 1450652237887.jpg (508KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1450652237887.jpg
508KB, 1280x1280px
Getting booted from medschool and blowing up to 130kg (5'10) was the initial boot in the ass that got me going.
This was in early 2014, now I can almost see my abs, can do a few pullups and chinups now, just hit a new diddy PR at 160kg this Monday. This is from having to take a break every 200m because of backpain when was a lardlord. Couldn't even bench the bar when I started haha.

I got reaccepted into medschool in another country, one of the top students now and seeing a beautiful girl which I like very much.

We will all make it, never stop improving. Love you /fit/.
>>
>>35624947
Also a medbro. Why'd you get booted?
>>
I had CFS from I was 10 years old until about 20 and now I'm obsessed with mastering everything I couldn't do before
>>
File: 1452289796930.jpg (3MB, 2453x1637px) Image search: [Google]
1452289796930.jpg
3MB, 2453x1637px
>>35624947
>>
>Was dyel faggot couldn't get gf.
>dad saw my weakness an though he wasn't gonna raise a puss
>3.5 years later I'm about 80% Chad now
by the end of this year I will be Chad destroyer of puss
>>
pretty much girls.

I've always been the ugly one in my group and I hate that feeling so much.
>>
i want to look and feel good
also lifting is just pretty fun generally, setting targets for yourself and hitting them is really addictive
>>
1. looks
2. health
3. strength
>>
>>35624998
>>35624947
is medschool hard?
>>
I live with my gf who would go to the gym religiously 3 days a week. Literally wouldn't let anything stop her, she'd adjust her work schedule, would turn down plans with friends on gym days, etc. She always was prepping food and trying to maximize her gains. I was jelly of her discipline. Also realized that while she was at the gym taking care of herself, I would spend that time sitting on the couch or on the computer feeling depressed.
>>
File: waffenssparade.jpg (168KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
waffenssparade.jpg
168KB, 800x532px
The struggle
>>
>lost girlfriend of long term relationship
>laid in bed debating suicide
>decided to do the opposite and get my life together
>>
>>35625984
>killing yourself over a girl
>beta as fuck

Become alpha, anon.
>>
>>35625888
This is unironically also the reason I started working out
>>
>>35625882
faggot
>>
I'm on mobile, but this story is pretty alright so here goes

>Be me, 19 right now
>Beta in an alphas body
>No acne, fedoras, or neckbeard to be found
>Shit at socializing, overthinks literally everything
>Friends all talk to me like I'm stacked with girls to talk to
>Dated a girl for three years, from junior year of high school until about maybe 4, 5 months ago
>As a 19 year old, I thought everything was my fault, I could fix it, and if not I'd die alone
>I beg her to let me try to fix things, shetc claims to be too hurt to even want to try again
>Spend all this time from about August until now trying to win her back
>Also spent the time lifting, because it made me feel less depressed
>When we hang out she acts like my girlfriend, any other time she just goes back to acting single
>Feels like getting heart rebuilt and torn over and over again
>Heh, kids
>I tell her that I can't keep doing this and I stop talking to her
>She contacts me about a day later and says she wants to work shit out
>Nope, isn't working
>The most one sided thing ever
>Would give more details but this isn't a feels thread
>Give up because a niggas heart hurts
>Fast forward to now
>Quit giving a fuck about ex
>Made decent progress from lifting
>Get checked out by two girls at a best buy
>One looked younger than me, other looked about the same age
>Get her number
>Learn she's 21
>I pulled a fucking 21 year old

I-I think I'm gonna make it /fit/
>>
File: 1234567.jpg (497KB, 1200x1501px) Image search: [Google]
1234567.jpg
497KB, 1200x1501px
Was tired of being a scrawny, baby faced, depressed faggot. Watched a few videos of Zyzz before he died. When I found out he died I started gym that same day. Fast forward 4 1/2 years I'm swole af & mentally doing a lot better.
>>
i wanna fap to my own bdy
>>
>>35624633
Girlfriend left me. Depressed for a bit. Been wanting to lift but had no buddy. Eventually convinced friend. To this day our gains have been about the same and we enjoy lifting together and there's no hassle in moving the weights because we do sbout the same weight on everything
>>
File: feels3.jpg (58KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
feels3.jpg
58KB, 511x428px
>>35624633

cause no matter how shit life may be, at least improving myself via the gym makes me happy.
>>
want filipina GF and im not white and i dont have alot of money
>>
Sorry if this resembles a blog post:
I was fat my whole life because my family enjoyed their food and didn't understand that kids don't eat adult portions + "if you don't finish your dinner then you can't have desserts" will result in being fat, I heard "some people are just genetically fat" a lot and somewhat believed it.
I was also a late bloomer meaning I didn't have my growth spurt until I was 17, when I finished senior school I was 5'3" surrounded by 5'8"+ kids.
As I got taller it sort of evened out, I was chubby but barely did anything, I'd be out of breath climbing 2 sets of stairs.
I met a girl and we dated then got into a relationship, 2 years later she went to uni and fucked half of the guys on the tennis team, I only found out because I saw she commented on a photo of her kissing someone with "lol it was a funny night xxx", she dumped me and spread shit about me because she genuinely thought any self confidence gains I got during 2 years with her were hers to take away from me.
So I signed up to a gym for a year, exgf asked me to take her back and belittled my joining a gym, she convinced me that self confidence from her > self confidence from fitness so I took her back, she stopped me from going to the gym, I stayed chubby.
As we stayed together longer and longer, she demanded that we lived together 3 nights a week, demanded I buy food, I eat certain foods, if she knew I was going to the gym before seeing her at 12, she would tell me to see her at 10 otherwise she kicked off.
After 5 years together I proposed to her and she decided that was the time to tell me that she had been cheating on me with 8 guys during our relationship, but as I'm proposing she can tell me and that not affect it.
I dumped her, looked up Zyzz, I wanted a free social pass, I wanted to be a prick and be loved.
All that changed in the last 18 months is that I'm now a lot leaner and can DL 4pl8, still can't talk to women, but we're all going to make it brahs.
>>
>>35626025
That's what I did.

Literally was like "Wait this is beta" then went to the nearest gym and signed up.

The best thing that ever has happened was realizing that personal health matters more than a dumb bitch.
>>
Joined the navy 1 1/2 years ago, got whipped around doing laps and that sorta stuff for a few months. After 6 months in the coast guard I had taken a liking to running - and ran on the treadmill 3 times a week. After I completed the year I realized I never had been doing strength-training. Started the following months, and have seen some progress - really happy with my decision!
>>
I'll just leave this here, this is why I lift

http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/18
9674/lifting-more-than-just-weights
>>
Poor eating was catching up to me
Afraid of getting fat
Now don't even enjoy fast food anymore
Still depressed too
>>
>>35624633
I was 18 and looked like a 15 year old because of my skinnyfat body.
>>
>>35624633
Damn that booty though.. I would tap that till my dick started bleeding. Or at least had blood on it.
>>
>>35624947
>>35625016
i love this type of places. how do you call them? I don't know how to explain to people with just a word but i show them the pics i've taken and they say like industrial... anyways i love this places :) thank you for sharing
>>
I lift because I want to be a 50's housewife.
>>
>oneitis dumps me off after I finally get a date
>losing confidence at work
>money stress
>decide fuck it, I'm going to unJUST myself
>complete 180 on my problems
>still no money, but things will get better
It's all about outlook. Don't let life defeat you, shit in life's boots and fuck his wife.
>>
i didnt want to take my shirt off in public,my mom used to say : Damn you need to hit the gym!
because i was a skeleton,fuck that.
>>
College sucked, lost job, had to move back to parents house. I started lifting to keep my mind well, while I try to straighten my life...
>>
File: 1.jpg (46KB, 616x595px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
46KB, 616x595px
>>35624633

I lift purely to offset my gluttony.

I eat like a fucking horse all the time and if I didn't lift I'd be a right fat fuck.

>pic related
>>
File: 1452788798742.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1452788798742.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>35624633
for this
>>
File: 1447971266844.jpg (1MB, 1118x1425px) Image search: [Google]
1447971266844.jpg
1MB, 1118x1425px
>>35624729
>great ass
>nice body
>nice face
>durr look her feets, im nt fetish

Yeah right buddy, you're past the point of no return.
>>
>>35624762
>realise depression's not there when I lift
Ikr
>>
>>35626949
wrong pic
>>
>>35626282
I hope you ever smack her shit up fäm
>>
>>35626282
Holy shit, you're the biggest cuck on cuckchan.
Kill yourself, my man.
>>
I had a lot of free time three years ago, my father pushed me to do push ups and sit ups since I was 7, so it was always somewhere in back of my head that I should do some sort of exercise every day, and I got hooked once I started lifting
>>
I was fat and hated how I looked
>>
>>35625806
Nah, it's a piece of cake dude
>>
>>35624947

Are you in Japan too?
>>
File: 1427957637484.jpg (261KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1427957637484.jpg
261KB, 800x800px
I was weak, fat and autistic and wanted to change that. Now I'm just kinda fat and kinda autistic.
>>
>>35624762
>>realise depression's not there when I lift
iktf
>>
>>35625984
>tfw accidentally let your girlfriend know that the gym is probably the only thing keeping you from killing yourself.
>>
>>35627599
>What doesn't make me kill myself makes me stronker
>>
was a skinnyfat virgin and going through depression so I just decided to lift for a physical, mental and spiritual change
>>
>>35624633
I want to become a supersoldier.
>>
>>35626248
good for you brah
>>
File: breeeehh.jpg (39KB, 479x478px) Image search: [Google]
breeeehh.jpg
39KB, 479x478px
>>35624633
This
>>
>>35624998
Sucking off cadavers in the morgue. You?
>>
>>35626248
fuck yea breh, same mindset here. My mind and body are the 2 things that I owe that Is PURELY mine
>>
>>35626498
>tfw it caught up to me

I only gained like 30 or 40 pounds but I'm glad i started exercising before it was too late
>>
Had been single for a year and only had ugly girls talking to me on okcupid/tinder

Now I'm fit, but all the girls on there look ugly
>>
>>35624727
More stories pls
>>
/pol/ here, so pretty much for the upcoming happening.

Also health and fun as I'm not as much into bodybuilding as into cross-training for strength and general performance.
>>
>>35626949
That was fucked
>>
>>35627016
Lmaoo
>>
>>35624633
I lift because I hate my body as is. Despite it 6 months in and I'm getting mires when I wear tight clothing I still can't say I'm happy with myself in the mirror. But I don't mind, it keeps me going to the gym anyway.
>>
>>35626949
>>35626961
Many laughs, thank you anon.
>>
Lel, I don't know anymore.
Was probally something like a thing to attract girls but it changed completely to a 'want to be the best possible'-thing. All this training had such a big impact on my character...still far away from making it, but please: Stick to da lifting brahs
>>
>Moved out after getting an offer in another state after being underemployed for 7 months (after being unemployed for 10 months, with a STEM degree nonetheless)
>Job gives me access to a local gym for free >Been lifting seriously for 4 months but aesthetic progress has been pretty good even though strength gains are lagging
>Got a good performance review from my boss and team lead
>At work people look like they actually want to talk to me, confidence going up
>Can fit in tight shirts without looking too silly
>No girls yet, not too miffed about it
>Coworkers are saying I should go out to show off my gains
>on track to being beach body ready by summer, as long as I get rid of my love handles
I-I think I'm going to make it.
>>
File: 1444709306782.jpg (52KB, 351x364px) Image search: [Google]
1444709306782.jpg
52KB, 351x364px
>>35624633
To stop drinking for the fake confidence because I have very low self esteem.

Now I go to the gym drunk half of the time, what the fuck familia
>>
File: 12570977.jpg (140KB, 1440x1050px) Image search: [Google]
12570977.jpg
140KB, 1440x1050px
I've lifted before, back when I had the money to afford a gym. I was a pathetic lazy loser and only went there like twice a week and gained pretty much nothing. Hated my body and my fucking stupid ass hair.

Now here I am, 4 years later, poor as fuck, hating my younger self. Started some jogging just to get my breathing back (asmathic). And now after reading that huge sticky and making some threads about how to get fit when poor, I have officially started my Road to Become a BETTER MAN

I do it to feel healthy, I do it to impress, I do it to feel good about myself, I do it to look in the mirror and say "I would lick those abs".
I WILL come back 6 months from now and post the results.
I WILL get fit and I WILL keep getting better and better.
[spoiler] still hate my fucking hair though, shit just won't stay in any position for more than 5 minutes even with superglue hairspray. God I need a good gay hair stylist [/spoiler]
>>
Started working out in April after graduating bootcamp in December 2014. I figured I am not going to get another girl friend looking the way I did. Military has free gyms so why not. Started gaining extremely fast and only 9 months in. Went from 12.5 inch biceps to currently 15.25 inch. I already made it. In the last year I have fucked 5 girls and currently have a Jewish girl friend.
>>
>>35624633
got a coupon for a day at the gym 12 years ago.
never stopped, now work out at home, pretty nice gains.
>>
>>35630694
Cut the sides of your hair shorter, keep it that length on top.
Lose the fucking beaner stache.
And wear a belt you fucking hippie.
>>
>>35624633
A combination of reasons. Assholes in school, abusive family, depression, pathetic tech weenie father who never realized his potential, societal hate, edgy principles and a dipshit paranoia about always needing to have "one up" on everyone in the room, be it physically or intellectually, in order to feel safe.

Yep. I'm one of "those guys". I'll stop and listen to your "sperglord" or "socio" when it stops working for me and people prove they don't have it coming. If it helps, I'm fine with admitting I probably loathe myself as much as I do you. Idgaf.
>>
because i was a manlet

i fucked up, because i keep being a manlet and now people think i'm overcompensating so nobody talks to me

i look like a fucking truck driver in clothes

wew lad, at least the iron is still there for me and i can relieve stress with it (i'm lifting right now kek)
>>
>>35630766
>Getting an undercut
Planning on it. Not sure it'll look good, but will try anyways
>Stache
Shaved two days ago. Bathroom roof exploded so I didn't have time to shave again yet.
>belt
removed it to take the picture, those pants were keeping some of my stomach covered. I also forced them down. I don't walk around like that, thank goodness.
>>
I was tired of being undesirable for something that was entirely in control.
>>
>>35631010
dude, im in the military, i have never seen anyone look bad with a military haircut. Short on the sides and longer on the top.
I used to be the same way. Have the same length hair all over, makes you look like youre in middle school.
>>
>>35631034

when i get an undercut i look like 3 years younger
>>
File: 1452611897361.jpg (42KB, 610x813px) Image search: [Google]
1452611897361.jpg
42KB, 610x813px
Got tired of being tired all the time.
This was life:
>Be unemployed.
>Wake up, smoke.
>Play vidya until starving
>Order take-out
>Play vidya while eating take-out
>Wear same clothes every day for a week
>Repeat next week
>Alienated friends
>Alienated family
>Alone all the time.
>Online "friends" in area never invited me out with them

I think something inside me snapped, I was such a closeted little bitch boy. Went to local gym one day. After the work-out I felt like I just had the best orgasm of my life.
>>
>>35631034
Like I said, the biggest problem with my hair is, since a third of my genes are from latin american natives, what my hair wants the most is to become a greasy, heavy and thin native looking bowl-cut.
It took me 2 minutes to get my hair right for that picture. Any movement or wind strong enough and bam, down it goes.
I used gel and I looked like a jackass. I started using hairspray recently and it helps, most of the times, but sometimes even that won't be enough and strands of it go down and droop retardely over my forehead.
I've been asking some gay friends for help and they've been recommending me creams. I'll be trying those shortly.
All I wanted was for my hair to STAY IN PLACE like any one of those yo usee if you google "undercut". Because my hairstyle fits, it's naturally thin and straight. But.. just... fuck.
Sorry for blogging/rambling
>>
>>35624633
gf left me, by just fading away and ignoring me, the day she said what she wanted i told her "ok", and she never contacted ever me again, and i did the same thing, it's been like 5 months and i can't get over, i just want to lift.
>>
File: 5u_w8HnV.jpg (24KB, 293x400px) Image search: [Google]
5u_w8HnV.jpg
24KB, 293x400px
>>35624727
thats what we call a keeper brah
>>
File: 429295.jpg (90KB, 576x597px) Image search: [Google]
429295.jpg
90KB, 576x597px
>>35626174
Sounds like she needed a hot dicking cuuuuz
>>
File: 1448227907099.png (75KB, 420x441px) Image search: [Google]
1448227907099.png
75KB, 420x441px
>>35624633
Confidence boost and getting grills.

2 years later and nothing changed except for quadrupling my deadlift PR.
>>
File: N-no homo.jpg (16KB, 290x289px) Image search: [Google]
N-no homo.jpg
16KB, 290x289px
>>35624633
I had a room in my hostel where i could see the public walking past

Started doing curls and acting like a douche to make the girls walking past smile/laugh

Next month realize I'm getting beginner gains wtf

Find /fit/, think its hilarious, fall in love

Now I lift to feel great about myself, I'm super hungry and driven with work, personal skills, learning, gains (all kinds) and having a good time

6 year anniversary with /fit/ this year, I love you brahs
>>
File: 1425007338044.png (568KB, 670x708px) Image search: [Google]
1425007338044.png
568KB, 670x708px
>>35631034
>i have never seen anyone look bad with a military haircut. Short on the sides and longer on the top.
Yeah, I love that look. Been cutting mine that way for a very long time.
>>
File: 1438153797043.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1438153797043.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>35632117
>>
File: 1452710899591.jpg (24KB, 416x422px) Image search: [Google]
1452710899591.jpg
24KB, 416x422px
>lift for grills
>realise 2 months later I'm an ugly cunt so it doesn't matter anyway
>but hey, lifting feels amazing, and body looks much better
>can't stop, lift for myself now
>>
>>35624762
>depression's not there when I lift
Too many feels
>>
>>35625806
To get into (if you're a white male)
>>
>>35624633
got tired of being a twink
>>
>>35627599
>implying it's not the thought of what it would do to your parents that's stops you
>>
File: Master_Chief_in_Halo_5.png (255KB, 309x718px) Image search: [Google]
Master_Chief_in_Halo_5.png
255KB, 309x718px
I am a shitskin manlet with a small skeletal frame, big ears that stick out, small wrists, and I struggle to put on weight and muscle mass.

The entire deck is stacked against me towards getting a qtpi 7.5/10 gf who loves me.

I lift to overcome my weakness and maybe achieve that dream one day.

Plus, I also want to be like him. The Master Chief, the one who inspired me to do my duty and be better for the good of mankind.

>pic related
>>
This is a dumb reason but the protagonist in a VN i was playing got pretty fit all of a sudden and the girls started to mire him hard.

After playing through that segment i had a dream where a cute girl was groping my (non-existent) muscles

So i started lifting
>>
>>35632380
And after that, i "borrowed" some dumbbells from my cousin and started playing around with them.

Found lifting bretty fun, subscribed to a gym a few months after playing with the weights.
>>
File: 1452698746668.jpg (83KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1452698746668.jpg
83KB, 550x550px
>>35624633
my twin brother got in a fight with our school muzzies and beat the shit outta them.He was kind of famous in school for a few month cause of that.After this incident me i started training he was already training before
>>
File: 1398057574528.jpg (72KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1398057574528.jpg
72KB, 600x600px
I realized I was drinking myself to death at fucking 24 and I have wretched inadequacy issues. I've never looked horrible by normal people's standards, I had a decent figure clothed even at my worst, but I had skinny arms, and I was really completely disappointed by my body looking in the mirror. I needed something to do that wasn't drinking and I wanted to look better. I told myself at the beginning I didn't give a shit about strength, but being proud of the weight came along with sticking at it.

A year later, my alcoholism is under control because I know it will affect my gains, and while I'm still not happy with my body, and probably won't ever be, I'm a lot happier with it than I used to be, and I'm proud of what I've accomplished. I'm going to bench 225 by April.

The thing that's made me happiest is how proud my dad was of me. It's a fucking garbage cliche, but every time he brags to the family or his friends about how much I've been lifting I just feel so much better about my life.
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.