[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ketosis >body's response to starvation, a way to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

>ketosis
>body's response to starvation, a way to ease the pain of death
>literally a form of sickness
>raises blood lipids, blood pressure, and has caused insanity in some cases

Why do you guys advocate this again?
>>
>>35620609
If you survive it you will be shredded forever
>>
Don't confuse /fit/ with a few cancerous redditors trying to force a meme. We don't want this shit here.
>>
>>35620609
Wha???
>>
>>35620609
Its the dietary form of DNP
>>
>>35620609
It's a tool for people who are so fat that they are damaging their bodies every second they are alive. It allows them to work on rectifying this faster than almost any other tool, and due to it's emphasis on protein intake, it's more muscle sparing than a VLC diet.

I only advocate it as a tool to get from obese to normal weight, where a more typical diet is resumed.
>>
>>35620609
>it takes over 48 hours with zero carbs to leave the optimal zone
>being this dense
>>
>>35621017

>keto
>emphasis on protein intake
>>
File: 5023396_orig.png (51KB, 800x511px) Image search: [Google]
5023396_orig.png
51KB, 800x511px
>>35621069
>>35620609

and actual data showing low carb (@50g) only hits the low end of the optimal ketone zone.
>>
>>35621096
If anyone describes keto as anything but 1.3 g/pound lbm with 20 g carbs and the rest fat, then that's not keto. 1.3g is plenty.
>>
>>35620609
>Literally a form of sickness
You are an idiot
>>
>>35621161
Why? Isn't it?
>>
>>35621134
That's actually not how the physiology works but I am not feeling particularly inspired to explain stuff to internet people at the moment.
>>
>>35620634
>trialofgrasses.exe
>>
>>35621123
but nevertheless that means that said organism burns actively fat, doesn't it?
srs question!
It actually means that if you eat 50-60g carbs, you feed your brain glucose but for other usages you use fat>keto, right?
>>
>>35620609
>>35621161
>I wish you anon a Happy New Year.

It's a type of poisoning
>>
It's just your body switching to more efficient fat burning, it just requires it to go all the way.

Not unhealthy, it's just that in nature long periods without food (and especially carbs, which are hard to come by in the wild) are not uncommon. Your body can use both carb and far based energy, and store both (though glycogen storage is limited). Carbs are easier to burn and are the preferred source, but also require a consequent input.

Neither is unhealthy if you drink enough water. You'll feel like shit on the 3rd/4th day switching to keto though
>>
Ive been doing a keto/paleo diet I basically increased my fats alot and lowered carbs but not to low.I eat alot of fish coconut avacodo nuts dark chocolate and I eat a ton of vegetables.I ve been avoiding canned and processed food to
>>
>>35624188
No. Keto is bullshit, ask any molecular biologist
>>
>>35624280
Paleo is fucking nonsense
>>
>>35620609
>doing meme diets

You deserve the pain
>>
> a way to ease the pain of death

or the pain of life, knowhatimsayin?
>>
/fit/ needs to shut the fuck up about topics they have no idea about.
>>
>>35625172
why?
do you have any, any evidence to support this statement of yours?

>>35625148
You have asked one and he said what?

Because ketosis is very legit bodily response to certain conditions. It is like staying sweating is bullshit... but it is a bodily function and makes humans survive in wider ranges of conditions no matter what your definition of bullshit is. Ketosis is the same.
>>
>>35620609
Keto is good for loosing fat fast. You can build muscle on it, but you have to do refeeds once or twice a week.
The problem is you might overeat and jump out of ketosis.
Try Anabolic diet
>>
File: 13194946115.png (262KB, 680x661px) Image search: [Google]
13194946115.png
262KB, 680x661px
>>35620609
>raises blood lipids, blood pressure, and has caused insanity in some cases
Wrong.
>>
>>35620609

I've done a couple of on/off keto cycles in the past, I can say that it works getting you lean but you will feel like absolute dogshit for days on end and you have to eat like a total autist which is annoying if you have a job where you have to go to lunch and dinner meetings often
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.