[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>first day of SS >do my 1 pl8 Squats >do my ohp >time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 91l1+K3sK1L.jpg (788KB, 1956x2560px) Image search: [Google]
91l1+K3sK1L.jpg
788KB, 1956x2560px
>first day of SS
>do my 1 pl8 Squats
>do my ohp
>time for deadlifts
>first time
>1 pl8 too easy, put on another 50 lbs, 180 lbs
>do 5 of them as per the program
>skin on my hands gets torn up
>lower back killing me, even still
>make a ton of noise and everyone in my middle age cardio gym stares at me

Have I fallen for it?
>>
Linear progression m80, you must learn proper form.
>>
fallen in love? yes
>>
>>35620399
>back killing me

The feeling of soreness will be extreme the first time you deadlift but there's no actual harm being done, only beneficial micro tears and regrowth. I know it sounds crazy but just trust us.

If it's really bad pop some ibuprofen, soak in a hot tub, and just try to forget about it.

Keep up the good work though, you're on your way to becoming a ripped boss. Soreness also diminishes a significant amount once you become more experienced in lifting.

TL;DR

It's normal, stay the course, it gets better with time.
>>
Look up how to grip the bar from medhi to save your hands. Even if your form is good your back will ache at the start but you should still record a video of your lifts and see if it's ok
>>
>>35620399
Some soreness is to be expected, specially if it's your first day lifting.

Which I somehow doubt it if you squat'd 1pl8 already
>>
>>35620476
Is that supposed to be impressive?
>>
>>35620446
Or he's about to snap some shit up with bad form.
>>
>>35620502
Depends on your fitness level and if you have done it before.

It is impressive if it's your first day ever squatting, must people starts lower, even with just the bar to get the hang of it.
>>
>>35620502
More impressive than your lifts
>>
>>35620399
how fucking retarded are you? The meme is that SS doesn't work, it obviously does. If you think it doesn't work because you are really sore, you're just a punk ass bitch. Soreness is a good thing.
>>
File: deadlift grip SS.png (296KB, 1181x705px) Image search: [Google]
deadlift grip SS.png
296KB, 1181x705px
>>35620399

Grip the bar correctly:

>>35620463

>from mehdi

You mean from Rip which then got copy pasted by mehdi like everything he has ever done. kek
>>
>>35620399
Probably starting too heavy, practice your form first the weights will get heavier fast enough on SS
>>
>>35620399

Did you watch Mark's vid on dead lifting? It's an easy wat to fuck up your back, so be careful. But it is a great exercise so definitely don't give up on it either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE
>>
>>35621005
>if you drop the bar you're a pussy
>>
>>35621318
Pussy detected
>>
>180 lbs first day
LOWER

L O W E R
O
W
E
R
>>
>>35621359
Lower what?

>>35621333
I was pointing it out because it's funny and true
>>
>>35621359
you ass should be lower
>>
senpai start with the bar and then progressively overload

thats what i did back in june and now i highbar 405 lbs

squats go up by 5 each succesful lift day
deadlifts go up by 10 each succesful lift day
bench by 2.5 lbs

slow and steady gets the gains

in no time you'll have huge gains bro
>>
>>35620446
What an idiotic opinion. that was not soreness, it was pain from bad form.

Soreness comes after the workout, not during. Do you even lift?
>>
>>35620399
The problem you're having is that the program doesn't fucking say "Oh yeah just keep chucking on weight on your first day until it's heavy". It's a beginners program, it's supposed to start out light as fuck so you can get your form down so you don't snap your shit up at heavier weights.

Everyone was nearly definitely staring at you because your form was so fucking terrible and they wanted to make sure you didn't snap your back, people don't generally stop and stare at randoms doing light weights for any other reason.
>>
>>35621486
When you say this, do you mean putting 2.5lbs on total? As in microloading with 1.25lb plates? Or are you just counting one side?
>>
>>35620420
This. You're making the classic rookie mistake: Trying to do too much on Day 1. Learn correct form first and work your way up.
>>
>>35620399
post form videos.
>>
>>35622044
thing is 80 kg is still pretty heavy
especially for someone who has never done it before
instantly tells someone he's not going anywhere low enough and problably doesn't have a straight back at all
>>
File: 8971011.jpg (106KB, 801x534px) Image search: [Google]
8971011.jpg
106KB, 801x534px
>>35620399
>first day of SS
>I didnt bother learning form before progressing 50lbs after a 1pl8 attempt
>>
>>35620399

You should try to read the book you've posted. It's pretty useful.
>>
>>35622869
2.5 each side
5 each side
10 each side
>>
File: spooky.png (331KB, 430x622px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.png
331KB, 430x622px
I missed a few lines and thought you tore your hands up from squats.
I need some sleep.
>>
>>35620399
It is normal. You will get calluses on your hands soon enough, whether you deadlift or not. You probably won't be able to walk well, and will stand very straight for the next couple days.
Just practice form, and don't drop the weight unless you are just doing reps. Lower bar to just above the knee before allowing it to fall. Keep your hands on it the entire time, though
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.