[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ I need some guidance. Every time I run/bike/whatever,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 19567.jpg (90KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
19567.jpg
90KB, 400x320px
Hey /fit/ I need some guidance. Every time I run/bike/whatever, the arch in my left foot (and to a lesser extent the right) feels like it's going to explode. It seems like plantar fasciitis. Once I get done with my run though it goes away incredibly fast. To the point where rolling it out didn't even seem to make sense because it's fine before I even get home.

Do I just grit my teeth and keep running in hopes that it'll eventually stop hurting? Or is there something I can do to help it along?
>>
File: 192f9fa66124vjpg.jpg (54KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
192f9fa66124vjpg.jpg
54KB, 800x450px
>>35618165
Be careful senpai or you'll end up with other foot issues. I used to get constant shin splints, pains in my sole and arch. I ignored for a long time then I got extensor tendonitis. I'd go to lifting and cut down cardio to a bare minimum for a while.
>>
>>35618165
http://www.triggerpoints.net/symptom/plantar-midfoot-pain
>>
>>35618452

Nothing I can really do to help it along though? Stretching doesn't seem to have really gotten me anywhere.

>>35618498

Far left of pic related is definitely the issue. Was there additional information tucked away somewhere on this site? I tried clicking around a bit and couldn't really find anything.
>>
Pain means something is wrong. Never try to fight through it unless you have talked to your doctor and he/she has specifically said to do so, which they would likely never say. Get checked on at a sports clinic or some shit.
>>
>>35618643
The only thing you can do is let it heal. Trust me when I say it's better to do it now. I've had extensor tendonitis for months on end. I can barely manage two cycle sessions a week.
Icing your foot, using ibuprofen (800mg max dose) is the only thing you can to reduce swelling in the short term.
>>
>>35618663

Fair enough. Thanks anon
>>
>>35618165
Upload pics of feet in related pos. Standing, side and behind
>>
>>35618856
Relaxed position
>>
File: 20160114_191248.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160114_191248.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>35618856

1/2
>>
File: 20160114_191316.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160114_191316.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>35618856

2/2
>>
>>35618955
You have seriously flat feet, anon. What kind of shoes do you run with? Iv'e had this same problem for 3 years now since ive been running, so i may be of some help. First off, go to a running store to buy shoes, not just some clothing or sporting goods store, and have a salesman select a few options for you. Look around for a reliable store that's reccomended by others and won't rip you off.

Keep track of how many miles you run with the shoes, and replace them about every 200-300 miles, or whenever you start feeling more pain than after a usual run.

Also, don't run on concrete/pavement/asphalt for long periods of time if you have foot problems. Try to keep these kinds of runs to at most 15-20% of your weekly milage. Instead, find some nice parks with some dirt trails near you, and run there instead. Not only is it easier on the feet, but trail running is way more serene and can help relieve stress.

Also, taking a cold bath after a hard run helps alot. Not icy, just like faucet cold.

Literally everyone who runs expiriences some form of foot/ankle/leg problems, it's just about knowing how to fix it
>>
>>35620699

Thanks anon, I'll definitely put this info to good use!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.