[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hand Grip Strength

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

Looking for a heavier alternative for casual hand grip strength training while frustrated at work to the Kettler-HandGrips or the heavier 10kg-40kg Kettler-HandGrip-Justerbar. The name of a tool that's mobile, while simultaneously giving a little more pull for the buck.
>>
>expecting an actual knowledgeable answer from fit/
>>
This guy I know has that gripper and is always using it maxed out. He's progressed by not using his whole hand, but just individual fingers.

What is your question?
>>
>>35614398
Captains of Crush make grippers ranging from 40 pounds to 320 or some insane shit.
>>
Are heavy double overhand deadlifts not enough for grip strength?
>>
>>35614398
Find something heavy and just do plate pinches/static holds with it

Could be literally anythibg
>>
>>35614743
That doesn't sound too healthy for the joint but I can give it a try
>>
>>35614784
>"hand grip strength training while frustrated at work"
Oh yes it is, however I'm sure my boss would look a little funny my way if I bring a bar and heavy plates into my workplace.
>>
Heavy grips

Cheap, well manufactured and disposable

5$ on Aliexpress
>>
>>35614398
Just got one of these for free not too long ago. I've just been squeezing it when I'm bored increasing resistance when it gets ridiculously easy. I try to emphasise my ring and pinky fingers since they're incredibly weak. Fucks my diddlies up.
>>
>>35614791
I have thought about this, but it takes up too much space at my desk and makes me look distracted from my job.
>>35614763
>>35615067
Thanks, just what I was looking for.
>>
File: 71ibWdHMAmL._SL1500_.jpg (125KB, 1010x1010px) Image search: [Google]
71ibWdHMAmL._SL1500_.jpg
125KB, 1010x1010px
Just bought this and it seems pretty great so far. Goes as 45 lbs and as high a 500
>>
>>35615110
Just don't forget to buy elastic bands to train the muscles that open your hand, or you will end up training only the ones that close it and will create an imbalance
>>
>>35615166
Just google searched it, the Spring Gripper. Sweet, how much did you pay and where did you buy yours?
>>35615192
Good to know, I'm not in a hurry of destroying my joints just yet. Can you tell me more, what type of exercise should I practice and what type of elastic bands should I buy?
>>
>>35615278
well, for starters don't buy too strong of a gripper, these things are known to cause injury to the tendons. Take it slow, and only once you can close one for more than 10-15 times consider closing the one next. Ideally you would want to own 3, one you can close easily, the one you are working with, and the one you can nearly close

For example, warm up your forearms with a foam ball or something, than close the weak one 15-20 times with each hand, wait a minute and then close the one you are working with as many times as you can, and maybe at the end of your workout try to close the hard one

There are also exercises called negatives, which means you hold it in one hand, then close the hard gripper with both hands and then try to keep it closed for as long as you can

Be VERY careful for signals of elbow pain
>>
>>35614398

Captains of crush.

You'll barely need the no. 1's with your babby hands. 5 reps each hand a day will be enough
>>
>>35615363
Thanks for all the helpful information and instruction, I will apply myself. In the case of elbow pain what should one do, just take a couple of rest days I presume.
>>35615443
There is a long way to go from my 40kg Kettler-Hand Grip-Justerbar, for sure. That said, it's not like I don't do other forms of exercises strengthening my grip. But as I told:
>>>35614784
Not verry fitting in a job setting
>>
>>35615553
couple of days wont do, it takes much longer to heal that

never do more than what you feel, ligaments are much tricker than muscles
>>
>>35615631
The same as when I damaged my teres minor then, after a month I thought it was never going to heal but it got better and healed fully the third month around. Anyway, thanks again.
>>
I bought the full range of CoC grippers (G, S, T, 1 - 4 with all of the half intervals). I think it was over $200 and I used them twice. What am I doing with my life?
>>
>>35615278

I picked mine up on Amazon, paid about $38 USD for the model with 4 springs. They're pretty easy to remove or add back on to adjust your resistance
>>
>>35615825
>What am I doing with my life?
You're trying to compensate your lack of happiness with buying random things which you don't need
>>
>>35615825
Should have done like me and bought Heavy Grips, I have four and haven't even paid 50$

Quality and precision are barely below CoC level
>>
>>35615859

Pretty much. I'm just glad it's fitness related stuff and not anything actually useless. In fact, I'll use them now.
>>
>>35615920
>In fact, I'll use them now.
Now you are trying to deny your problem and forget about it and from tomorrow on you will never use them again.
>>
File: dude_wtf.png (75KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
dude_wtf.png
75KB, 400x320px
>>35615966
You're right, he should just shove them up his asswhole already.
>>
File: argument_fallacies.jpg (75KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
argument_fallacies.jpg
75KB, 700x467px
I bought a set of grippers from a company called Iron Mind. 5 Gripper Set. It was $100 or so. The best I know of.

>even the first one was hard at first
>They say that when you get to the 5th one (the CoC 2.5) you shoudl be able to bust a potato with one hand.
>I was a bit overzealous, and i must have torn something in my hand.
>Its been more than 2 months.
>Still hurts.
>Guess I'll have to wait for potato crushing grip
>>
File: Lol_wut.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Lol_wut.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>35616100
I'm sure I speak for all of us
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.