[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are machines bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: musle-strain.jpg (72KB, 800x473px) Image search: [Google]
musle-strain.jpg
72KB, 800x473px
why are machines bad?
>>
Did you not watch Terminator?
>>
>>35613554

Did you not watch Wall-E?
>>
>>35613568
Did you nor watch Irobot?
>>
>>35613519
They're more unnecessary than bad. Free weights do everything they do except cheaper.
Although exercise bands are probably cheaper and more versatile.
>>
>>35613615
Did you not watch Chappie?
>>
They're not. They are great for isolation because they are not dependent on gravity and give a constant tension through the entire movement. However they do not work the stabilizing muscles enough to strengthen them so even if you can bang out what would be 315 on the pec deck and/or smith you're not going to bench it because you don't have the ability to stabilize the load.

This is why a new bencher's biceps and lats grow a little even though they don't really work them directly; they're working as a counter force to the chest and the tris.
>>
>>35613640
Did you not watch Matrix?
>>
Did you not watch Terminator 2: Judgement Day?
>>
>>35613649
>machines keep a constant tension
So do free weights
>>
>>35613679
>free weight pullovers
>constant tension
fuck, pullovers with free weights have the absolute SHITTIEST resistance curve, unless you hang by your feet from the ceiling while you do them.
>>
>>35613679
Wrong
Look at dumbbell flies, the top of the lift has almost no tension in the pecs
>>
File: 1452788798742.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1452788798742.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>
Because they don't simulate natural movements in the way that barbell and dumbbell exercises do. We inherited bodies meant for activities like deadliftING, not for suspended gravity workouts.

Remember that your body is all interconnected nerves and muscle tissue, and that weightlifting is just a replacement for caveman activity
>>
>>35613679
They don't actually, the force used is dependent on the leverages of the movement. Take a curl the most iconic of isolation movements. The movement is an arch from the top to the bottom then up again. In the free weight version the top and bottom need less applied force than the middle with the weight is farthest away from the body. Doing this isolation in a machine means there is a even equal amount of force needed for the entire movement. However again the barbell and dumbbell curls work more than just the bicep so if you not just trying to get your show muscle as big as possible through isolation stick to the free weight version.
>>
They're not bad, but they shouldn't be the only thing you do. Do both machine and free weight exercises when you work out.
>>
>>35613519
idk after using machines for like three months last year all of my maxes were cut in half when I returned to free weights. I think they're evil. They're in cahoots with the Jews who run the internet to steal your strength.
>>
because they effectively eliminate 1/3rd of any training impulse. think about the bar path of a machine. it's essentially a 2 dimensional path since it doesn't have the factor of 'side to side balance' that a comparable free weight movement would have.
they are still useful for getting in additional volume though. just be sure to get all your bb/db lifts out the way early.

>>35613679
not really. but for anyone who doesn't have the goal of bodybuilding where squeezing and contracting the muscle is the goal that is not so important since no object in real life will ever require your muscles respond the way they have to respond to a machine with an excenter disk (which by the way are the only machines that will keep constant tension on your muscle. regular machines like a pec deck for example have the same tension curve a regular barbell bench has).
>>
>>35613721
datt fucking webm. how is this even possibru. datt grill is made of paper?
>>
do you not listen to rage against the machine?
>>
Because they plan to take over the world and eradicate all humans
>>
>>35613721
>grabs boob
kek everytime
>>
>>35613519
Did you not play Mass Effect?
>>
>>35613721
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
have you not played deus ex? I mean really nigger
>>
>>35613721
how likely is this to happen to a male?
>>
>>35614767
it's the same you sexist fuck
>>
>>35613655
Did you not read I, Robot?
>>
>>35613679
Only for things like bench or squat where the weight only goes up and down. Bicep curls and other exercises where you pivit don't have constant resistance
>>
>>35613721
This is why you never lock your joints on an exercise. Always keep a slight bend.
>>
>>35614767
>>35616342

It's probably much less likely, due to a few reasons. First is the fact that females are usually much more flexible than males. Second, females usually have weaker muscles than men. Both will make that more likely to happen.

Best way to pretend this is
1.don't lock your knees at the end
2.don't place your feet low on the plate, instead, place them much further up near the top

and last

don't use weight that is much too heavy for you, better off doing higher reps on this machine anyway. save extra heavy, low rep work for squats and deads... lol
>>
>>35613519
>>35613554
>>35613568
>>35613615
>>35613640
>>35613655
This is fucking gold!
>>
>>35617542

Seriously why do you reddit cuckolds come to /fit/? Just stay on your part of the internet you filthy sub humans
>>
>>35613721

I've watched people get cut in half with no reaction and that webm actually made me upset.
>>
File: 1449799651316.jpg (92KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1449799651316.jpg
92KB, 1200x1600px
>>35617636
how do you know that he is from reddit
>>
File: darthvaderwoods.jpg (198KB, 769x577px) Image search: [Google]
darthvaderwoods.jpg
198KB, 769x577px
>>35618043
ahhaa got im!
>>
>>35617413
This. Everytime I get my knees CLOSE to locking I have a mini heart attack.
>>
>>35613519
>why are machines bad?
They don't require any real control over the resistance other than pushing/pulling.
Benching 100kg (where the bar can move in any direction) is much, much harder than pushing 100kg on a chest press machine (where the resistance is coming from one point via pulleys).
The more "free" the weight is, the harder you have to work to control it, most people who move from a chest press machine to free weights will have the weight start going everywhere because they aren't used to moving outside of the allowed range of movement by the machine.
>>
>>35613721
FUCK YOU ANON NO
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.