[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Been doing multiple sets of push-ups to failure every other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: fuck.jpg (23KB, 254x213px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
23KB, 254x213px
>Been doing multiple sets of push-ups to failure every other day to improve my physical fitness test score
>1st day 156 total
>2nd day 101 total
>That's okay just DOMS
>3rd day 145
>4th day 104
>That's okay I'll bounce back up next time
>Today 99
What the fuck, /fit/. What explanation is there for this reverse progress. Shit's got me pissed.
>>
>>35606506
If you are DYEL, you are going to need rest days even for your push-ups.
>>
>>35606506
Overtraining is real anon.
>>
File: 1451277865602.jpg (191KB, 960x849px) Image search: [Google]
1451277865602.jpg
191KB, 960x849px
>>35606506

you get /fit/ while you dont do anything

rest/sleep is more important than lifting
>>
>>35606544
>>35606564
>>35606571
But I'm resting at least a day in between each.
>>
>>35606506
You're surely joking, its been 4 days. Do you have no idea how the human body works? Just do a single set to failure per day or once in the morning and once at night and you'll see better results over time. That said you still need to rest your body if yore feeling over trained.
>>
>>35606618
Most people rest a muscle group at least 3 days.
>>
>not utilizing rest days properly
Never going to make it. Also, instead of doing the endless reps, start variations like archers and handstand.
>>
>>35606506
>been 4 days
>expects results
>>
>>35606506
Are you eating properly and getting enough sleep? You gotta get at least 8 hours of sleep anon.
>>
Listen up PFC Anon, three sets, one minute of rest, the first two to your last good rep (probably the second or third grindy one), third to actual muscle failure. Every other day or so for a few weeks and you'll max ezpz.
>>
>>35606671
>>35606624
I said every other day (sometimes it's every third day) so it's been about two weeks I'm not new to working out I didn't expect immediate gains but I also didn't expect to be making straight up reverse progress.
>>35606729
>PFC Anon
Made me chuckle unfortunately though I'm a PV2.
>>
>>35606789
I made sergeant largely on my PT score (just like everyone else), there's a million protocols out there for improving pushups but mine works and takes five minutes.
>>
that's just a shitty way to go about it

I heard of some progression scheme for max reps which was like you do 3 sets of half your max reps or something like that 2x a week and max out once every other week on reps or some shit. look it up
>>
>>35606506

>>35607064
Here: I looked it up what I was talking about. This was a response to a guy asking about doing pretty much exactly what you're doing. Follow this.

"No, that's a bad way to do it

Step 1: determin max number of pushups
Step 2: perform sets of roughly 60% of that. When you start to get grindy, the workout is over.

Do the above twice per week

Every 6th workout or so, retest for max.

By keeping the sets short of afilure, you get far far more volume. So say you can do 30 max. 60% is 18. If you did a set of 30, you'd be so worked that on teh second set you might get 15. Ten 10. 55 total reps

How many sets of 18 do you think you can do. 5, 8, 10. Maybe 180 reps per workout.

Which do you think will give you better gains?"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.