[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 22

File: 1410681057055.jpg (100KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
1410681057055.jpg
100KB, 999x624px
Last one is kill.
>>
>>35605351
Fuck, last time I worked out was Dec 29. Help.
>>
>>35605356
don't be such a pussy faggot.

just make yourself go to a place where you can come in contact with a barbell.
it gets easier from there.
if not, you are not gonna makeit
>>
>>35605380
Ive been lifting for 4 months now, I've noticed a slight decrease in frequency per week from when I started. And then I bought Fallout 4...
>>
File: ff.jpg (42KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
42KB, 490x490px
What is the best way to store a phone while working out? my pockets are small and when i'm doying lying down exercises it always falls out of my pocket.

I've been thinking about buying some kind of an armband but doesn't that get in the way when exercising arms? I think it's mainly for running

I just can't stand the shit music they play at my gym.
>>
I'm doing a pretty basic 5x5 and I was wondering if I should change up my routine for my cut. Should I keep doing the same things?

Also I've been noticing that I have been staying sore for longer, is this just what happens when you cut?
>>
File: 1411395611301.gif (3MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1411395611301.gif
3MB, 480x272px
STRAWBERRY

FUCKING

WHEY

ARE THERE ANY GOOD ONES?
>>
>>35605418
probably some sort of band. I'd just leave my phone at home or in my car and use a sanza clip
>>
Posted at the end of the last thread.

Pretty bad lower back pain after a day of going big on squats and DL that persists long after workouts and has me feeling weak on those lifts. Do I just have to stop until it's better? Can I go light and high reps? I don't want to fuck myself up, but I'm really depressed at halting progress and losing strength.
>>
is there a reason to ever do any deadlift besides stiff-legged?

it should also be noted my legs are sufficiently large, and i only care about glutes + back now.
>>
>>35605391
>only lifts 4 months
>loses motivation
deffo not going to make it.

now stop shitposting, and drive yourself to a place where you can come in physical contact with the barbell.
right now, faggot.

>>35605806
unflavored isolate + strawberries for flavor and sweetener + milk

blenders ftw.

when you get tired of strawberry, you can do banana, or add cocoa powder.

erythritol/xylitol/sugar alcohols for cutting
honey for bulking (low glycemic load)
>>
Okay, there is so much fucking conflicting information about this, can I just get a STRAIGHT ANSWER FOR ONCE: how much protein do I need per day? I've seen calculators saying I need 150g+ protein per day, but the DRI is like 46g for an average sedentary woman. Now, I'm shorter and smaller than the average woman by far, but I lift heavy weights and do HIIT so I'm not sure how much I actually need. I keep seeing 1g protein/1 lb bodyweight, 0.8g protein/1 lb bodyweight, 0.8g protein/1 lb lean mass, fuck I just have no idea how much I'm supposed to be getting. Sticky says 1g protein/1 lb bw but that's like 2.5x the RDI, I'm pretty short, does the lifting really mean I need that much more protein?

This matters a lot because I'm cutting and my cut is 1200 cal day max (1600ish TDEE...), and getting 100g of protein takes up almost all my calories. It feels like I'm eating nothing but protein all day, no calories for fruit, carbs, or fats. What's the least amount of protein I can do? And furthermore, do I *need* protein powder? I've been avoiding it because I'm cheap but it's starting to seem like the only way to meet protein needs without using 800+ cals on it. Sry this is longwinded for a simple question but my diet is holding me back.
>>
Hit the gym monday, sore as hell. I have some creatine, should I wait till tomorrow, to use it or can I use it anytime?
>>
>>35605827
its probably your squat form.

do dl and squat on seperate days.

you can go high rep low weight, especially if it helps you nail the form.

film yourself so you can see if you are maintaining form

>>35605561
well if you expect to maintain progression on a cut, you will have to drop volume.. but if you don't give a fuck about progression until your cut is over, then just keep doing what you do.
>>
>>35605922
>how much protein do I need per day?
It varies on LBM, weight, and other factors, but overall most people recommend 0.8-1g per day if you haven't made it, and between 1-1.5g per day if you have made it.
>>
>>35605931
anytime... the more often the better.

just think of it as a protein that you are slightly deficient in..
>>
>>35605351
I think I saw yesterday an image/infographic about a starting routine for newbies aiming at ottermode. I can only remember it had on the right to eat at a 800 calories deficit.

Does anyone have it?
>>
>>35605418

Bluetooth headphones. Then you can just put the phone on your towel or something.
>>
>>35605944
You can maintain progression during a cut?
>>
>>35605561
If you are still making gains, then keep going. If you plateau, you can drop to two times a week.

. >>35605922
The recommendation is 1 gram per 1 pound of lean body mass. People use the 1 gram to 0.8 pound of weight as a short hand, because they don't know their lean body mass.

Protein is important for lifting. No one really has a scientific proof of how much is needed, but more is probably better.

You don't need powder, but it makes it easier.
>>
>>35605922
http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

there is no real straight answer.

nitrogen balance is slightly different for everyone.

.78g/lb is the most anyone has ever been documented to use ever under any circumstance.

most research finds no more benefits after 0.64 g/lb.

eating .8g/lb is more than necessary, but that is fine, because you should err on the side of abundance.

but that doesn't mean you should over-do it
> Tarnopolsky et al. (1992) observed no differences in whole body protein synthesis or indexes of lean body mass in strength athletes consuming either 0.64g/lb or 1.10g/lb over a 2 week period. Protein oxidation did increase in the high protein group, indicating a nutrient overload.

read the article i linked, and ignore
>>35605978
this faggot.

unless you roid, then eat everything in the world, because it really doesn't matter, you just need more of it.
>>
Can I make it with dumbbels only as a beginner?

Some people have told me that I'll get nowhere without a barbell and that doing dumbell exercises every other day ( curls, shrugs squats etc ) is just wasted effort, but that seems weird to me.

Right now i'm pretty skelly aswell
>>
>>35605922

Are the numbers different for a woman? I honestly don't know the answer to that.
>>
>>35606017
not for long, but absolutely, yes.

you need to split things up (kinda like greyskull) and do low volume.... you also might only progress every other lift (frequently i would only bang out 3 reps when adding weight, the next session would be 5 reps, then add weight and only manage 3)

even then, don't worry too much about maintaining progress on lifts, it will drive a man crazy.

just focus on getting through your cut, but you can still gain strength along the way.. granted i have only lifted for like 6 months now so i could still be in noob gain territory
>>
>>35606026
So are you saying g per pound of overall bodyweight or per pound of LBM? Because I've always been told .8-1g of LBM.
>>
>>35606029
>Can I make it with dumbbels only as a beginner?
no. You'll make babby gains and that's it. Barbells provide far more compound exercises and way more weight than any dumbbell can ever hope to achieve.
>>
>>35605931

You should take a teaspoon a day. It does not matter when. I just mix it in with my protein to make it easier.
>>
>>35605351
currently on a cutting regime
>eating clean (1000-1200 calories)
>4 mile run every day
>5 mile cycling every other day
>Saturday and Sunday are my resting days but even then I do at least 30 minutes of yoga
will this get me there?
(yes, I'm a female) I want to lose around 30 pounds, are these things gonna get me there? Suggestions? I work 12 hours a day but I'm dedicated
>>
>>35606029
Weight is weight, but the problem with Dumbbells is that they only go up by 10 pound increments,(5 pounds each hand) while barbells can go up 1 pound at a time with microloading.

The "dumbbell stopgap" is a program for db.
>>
>>35606029
i started with only dumbbells, and can tell you that the greatest investment i have ever made was a barbell weight set from sports authority (only 250 for 300lb, and then i spent another hundred getting more weights)

but you can still make some great upper body gains.

pull ups are going to be your main back exercise (you can get a dip belt, and even hang dumbbells off your waist as you pull-up). but you might want to supplement with some rear delt flyes, and bent-over dumbbell row (since you are going to be doing this with baby weight, you should probably do this mainly after pull-ups, to really isolate and fatigue your lats).

overhead press/arnold press is no doubt your go-to shoulder exercise, but you are going to want to supplement that with some babby weight lateral raises and cuban presses (don't worry about the press part of the cuban press, the workout is mainly in the raise)
you might also want to supplement with dumbbell shrugs, for some nice traps.

for chest you are probably going to be a little lacking, but floor press and flyes will garner results (just ask gooby). just don't go crazy with the flyes, try to keep it almost like a press, but with chest adduction.

if you can find an incline bench, that could really help you build up a nice chest primarily with dumbbells.... barbell will still take you farther, though (same for overhead press)

as far as lower body goes, you are kinda fucked, as far as glutes go.

you can work your way up to doing pistol squats, then do weighted pistol squats with dumbbell.

100lb weighted pistol is significantly more effective than a 50lb goblet squat.

also plyometric shit like box jumps, and ATG squat hops can build mass.

intensity/resistance can come from weight, but it can also come from speed.

and training the explosivity of your legs is a good practice in general.

so.. you can mostly make it with only dumbbells, but it definitely not preferable and FAAARRR from optimum.
>>
left adductor hurts. my thighs suck. should i workout or not?
>>
>>35606062
pound of bodyweight.
read the article.

1g/lbm is about .8/TBM for most people.
>>
>>35606170
Well then, it seems we're saying the same thing.
>>
My right shoulder is noticeably weaker than my left. wat do?
>>
>>35606102
weight and height please. Have you calculated your TDEE?
>>
>>35606180
>1.5g
nope.

that is literally why i quoted that blurb about tarnopolsky et al 1992
>>
>>35606205
well, anyhow, 150g is more than enough for any person, starting or after they've made it.
>>
>>35606102
Yeah it's alright but it's not varied at all. It's a way better investment of your time to do strength training + steady state cardio instead of just LISS (low intensity steady state cardio) such as jogging or cycling. I also recommend interval training, commonly known as HIIT, but not if you're very overweight currently.

Don't skip out on the heavy weight low rep strength training though. That, coupled with adequate protein intake, will ensure that once you reach your goal weight you actually look good instead of just skinnyfat. Resistance training reduces the amount of muscle you lose during a cut, which is vital if you're doing very low calorie. Don't be a dumbass and ignore this message, weight training for women is incredibly important and you will NOT get big if you're not eating big.
>>
>>35606129
i have found a great way to avoid this, is to work in the 8-12 rep range, so when you add weight, you can drop down to 3-5 reps, until your strength builds, then slowly add reps.

once you can consistently bang it out 12 times, then increase the weight and drop down to 3 times.

slower strength progression, but you are still progressing on volume.

so not good for strength training, but acceptable for aesthetics (zyzz only benched 100kg)
>>
>>35606213
you need less protein the more experienced you are, bee tee dubs
>>
>>35606258
Well, >>35605922 there you have it. When you bulk take around 150g (or calculate about .76g per pound of bodyweight) and have less as you get more fit.
>>
>>35606186
unilateral exercises.

just do dumbbell presses with weights that are challenging to your right, and baby-weight to your left.

this will let the other side catch up, as your stronger side isn't really being trained, so much as maintained
>>
is calf size genetic? I swear to god my calves are fucking huge and I can max the machine out the machine as a skeleton
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (196KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
196KB, 1920x1080px
Does bouldering kill gains? Im a skelly doing SS and i want to climb once every week in adition to my routine. Is this a good idea?
>>
>>35605356
Stop being a lazy fuck. That was 2 weeks ago, pull your shit together ffs.
>>
>>35605922
>I've been avoiding it because I'm cheap
protein powder is literally the cheapest source of protein

if you eat equal parts carbs and protein, and .35g/lb fats, you are on the right track.

100g protein is only 400kcal.
>>
>>35605351
Any bros here that box seriously?

How do you play it around with lifting?

Im working out every day basically and only resting at sunday, for lifting I do compounds(all pastintermediate level) and some acessories
Monday: lift
tuesday: box
wednesday: lift
thursday: box
friday: box
saturday:lift
sunday: rest

I even began doing 2x5 max weight and then 2x20 on compounds for gaining endurance since I feel so far I'm fine doing both things but my shoulders seem to get tired, and legs would also kill me in physical training but since I began doing the 2x20 lightweight squats it improved.

>>35605922
0.7g per pound seems to be the best, more is probably overload
worked for me in my 7 month cut
>>
File: 1447888226181.gif (2MB, 200x172px) Image search: [Google]
1447888226181.gif
2MB, 200x172px
I'm 295lbs at 6'4". I'm focusing primarily on weight loss so my calorie deficit is large and I'm not lifting. According to the sticky, my maintenance intake should be 2900 calories. I eat 1200 a day.

A single lb of fat loss is 3500 calories.
Eating 1200 a day means a 1700 calorie deficit.
So 2 days of this deficit should be roughly equal to a lb loss or close to 3lbs a week. (this is all raw math, I know actual weekly loss will vary, merely laying out what I know.

Would a single day (Saturday) of eating 2500-3300 calories completely hinder my weight loss efforts? On saturday I go the whole day without eating until dinner. Me and my buddies get together for pizza or chinese food and beer.

I've lost 155lbs thus far and just want to know if my single cheat meal will change hurt me as I lose. Aiming for 230lbs in 8 months.
>>
>>35606196
According to an online TDEE calculator I found my maintenance was 3293 calories a day but I think I've never eaten that much, only around 2000, maybe 2500 on rare occasions. I am 88 kilograms and 180 cm (5'9" and 194 pounds)
>>
>>35606302
it might fuck with your lifts that require forearm strength at first, but after a while your grip strength will go through the roof, and it shouldn't be a problem.

>>35606292
yes, you can have unusually good genetics for any muscle, and unusually bad genetics for any muscle (even with roids, JM cannot get his shoulders to grow.)

but generally speaking. calf size is a result of environmental response.

maybe you were a runner or something?

i had great calves from being a fatty who hiked a lot, but my skelly friend who had toothpicks for shins now has 16" calves and they are growing every day (our mutual goal for him is 18")
>>
How often should I take creatine?

After every workout or in a daily basis?
>>
>>35605351
how much sleep do you need ?
19 years old here
I've been sleeping 6 hours a night and it feels like I have more energy than sleeping 7-8 hours
I only feel completely rest when I sleep for 10 hours but that's aint happening when I still study.
>>
I wake up every night and both my hands are asleep. Every time.

Are my massive biceps cutting off the circulation to my hands when I'm sleeping?
>>
>>35606346
wtf?
i am 5'9 and when i was 194 my BMR was like 1800 and my TDEE was like 2400

now i am down to 180 and my shit is still like 1780 and 2400

and i am highly active, lift regularly, and do lots of cardio..

...are you sure you calculated that shit correctly?
>>
>>35606186
Are you noticing it in a specific exercise or just in general?

Unilateral movements can help bring it up to speed.

>>35606165
Does it feel like you pulled something, or is it just sore? Latter is fine, former is something you might want to lay off from.

>>35606026
Nitrogen balance isn't necessarily an accurate indicator of LBM retention or gain. Eric Helms, Brad Schoenfeld, and Lyle McDonald all disagree with Menno's stance about 0.8 g/lb being the maximal intake needed, especially when in a calorie deficit.

>>35605881
It all depends on what your goals are. The only people for whom conventional deadlifting is absolutely mandatory are powerlifters, simply because it's a competition event.

Romanian or stiff legged deadlifts can be incorporated or swapped in as needed, depending on the rest of the program.

>>35606327
Will it hinder it? Maybe. Will it matter much over a consistent deficit? No.

If anything, the main thing people freak out about is seeing the scale jump the next day.

It's pretty damn difficult to put on appreciable amounts of bodyfat in a 24 hour period though, so as long as you're consistent with staying in a net deficit, you should be fine.

>>35606356
Daily. Timing doesn't matter as much once you reach saturation levels.
>>
>>35606346
I don't know what fucking calculator you used, but according to http://tdeecalculator.net/ you only need 2045 calories to maintain your current body. If you want to lose 30 pounds, I'd recommend for losing 1.5 a week. That means eating at a 750 calorie deficit, which in this case would be about 1300 a day. What you're currently eating is a bit risky.

And remember, cardio is good for weight loss, but it only burns so much. An hour a day won't hurt, but it won't particularly help if you don't rest either.
>>
>>35606247
I know brah, I've done weight training in the past and actually had an awesome body because of it but have been battling clinic depression for the past 2 years and put on about 30 pounds during the process. I am getting better now and since I always used to be a runner I think it would help me mentally as well. As soon as I start losing some weight+getting into a better shape I'm starting weight training again. Also, been looking at some cardio from fitness blender on yt, would this constitute as steady state cardio? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcN37TxBE_s&list=PLLW8LgbGmajfmHRv9nDbMPnPKmQe5VHHW&index=6
>>
It's my birthday this week and I'm all alone. I've been on a pretty strict diet for 3 months and been losing weight (about 18 lbs so far). Is it okay to make my birthday a little less shitty by ordering some good food and having a cheat day?
>>
from 0 to 10 how's skipping rope for cardio
>fun
>not boring
>sick feet movement
>>
>>35606249
That is exactly how bodyweight strength training does it as well. The difference between aesthetics and strength is not terribly different. All the best bodybuilders have respectable lifts.

You'll progress faster with a barbell, but if it is working for you, then that's all that matters.
>>
>>35606390
prolly did it wrong since I now it says 2,081 which seems more accurate. But it doesn't really matter since I kinda knew I had to consume <2000 to cut. I am currently doing 1000-1200
>>
>>35605351
How dangerous is it to hit your head hard?
did it around 2 week ago in the kitchen, left the door open when I was putting something in the trash and then hit the edge quite hard, had a bump and right now I scrated my head in the place I hit and that shit still hurts
>>
>>35606327
>>35606398
Awesome thanks. Having that one meal a week where I can just have what i want and not worry about the diet for the day is something I look forward to. Gives me little drive to stick to my diet hardcore the rest if the week.

>inB4 not eating clean 24/7/365

Follow up question. Once I'm at goal (230lbs), what would my intake be? As in do I stay in a deficit and just start lifting? Do I immediately go from deficit to maintenance/bulk intake?

Should I just take the 1200 Im at now and add like 400 worth of oatmeal? While I know a little bit of bulking is necessary for muscle gains, I'm deathly afraid of shooting back up in weight. I was 450lbs. I will swallow a bullet as my last meal before I get back to that.
>>
>>35606326
>>35606326
>>35606326
by the way, I forgot to recalculate my TDEE(done it now) but it seems to be the same as before yet I'm doing boxing

I spend most of my day sitting but I work out ever day minus one and it gives me 2558 for mainetenance at 177cm and 77kg
>>
>>35606292
Yeah. Depending on where your Achilles' tendon attaches means the difference between having calfs and not.

If you are black, you have a much less chance of developing your calfs.
>>
>>35606406
I calculated something wrong, you're right, to me it says 2,081 but I also entered my age and that I'm sedentary. Anyways, I am quite comfy with 1000-1200 atm. Also, I do rest on weekdays but would it be better if I alternated between rest/workout days?
>>
>>35606484
> Anyways, I am quite comfy with 1000-1200 atm
Listen, you came here for advice. You shouldn't do more than a 750 deficit, it puts your body at risk and there's a good chance your body will try and preserve itself instead of shed weight. I know, its happened to me. Eat 1300 cals, and be on it like an eagle. The weight loss will happen.

>would it be better if I alternated between rest/workout days?
For cardio? Honestly I'm not sure. I'd imagine having at least one rest day instead of 4 straight running days would probably help.
>>
>>35606424
Does it get your heartrate high? Then it's good.

Do you get tired before long? Then maybe it's not.
>>
>>35605351
Let's say I want to do this mega omelette of 12 eggs and a shit load of cheese or some bread and eat in one sitting

would I die? hey at least theyre biological
>>
>>35606406
Also, I was kinda hoping around 2-2.2 pounds a week. Is that doable or too much?
>>
>>35606552
That is too much. Refer to >>35606535

Doing 2 pounds or more a week is really only doable for people who are obese. And even they have to slow down at some point.

Weight loss sucks. It's slow, it takes a long time to notice progress. But the numbers don't lie: it works.
>>
>>35606535
okay man, I'll try 1300 cals and stick with it if I get better results. Thanks.
>>
>>35606579
I know it's slow. My goal is -44 pounds by the end of the year, which, I think, is doable in around 8 months with -1.5/week and I'm happy with that.
>>
>>35606408
Yes. At risk of sounding like a shill, I fucking love fitness blender. I think everything they do is excellent and I use their vids for cardio because I find steady state repetitive movements insanely boring (I have ADD). Kelli is hot as fuck too.

gl getting back into it dude, depression sucks but we're all gonna make it. regular exercise has helped me immensely with my depression.
>>
>>35606621
Best of luck. I'm trying to lose about 30 pounds and the more I look at it, the more I think I'll be able to achieve that by the end of summer.
>>
Does cardio really make you lose your gains? I like to run every time i to go to the gym and i play other sports where doing cardio is a must to be good at them.

I was planning on doing a 3km run on lifting days and 10k's in between (I do AxBxAxB...)
>>
>>35606629
kek, I have ADD as well, actually :)) I listen to audiobooks while jogging and cycling, which helps though. I just discovered fitness blender and did this workout today, I really enjoyed it but found out my floor is super slippery :P Exercise was what got me out of it as well (when I used to be regular, for 2 years straight) and I just know it's gonna get better again. Thanks for the tips, best of luck to you too brah
>>
>>35606639
>Does cardio really make you lose your gains

no but eating at a deficit does, that's why protein is extremely important not only on building muscle but also on maintaining it to the max when cutting, hence why you should always hit your protein macros

cardio does wonders to your gains and heart by the way, just dont do cardio before lifting
do after or on a different day or your lifting will suffer
>>
>>35606639
>Does cardio really make you lose your gains
No, its a meme. But it does eat up calories which-in turn, can limit your gains if you're bulking. But if you're eating enough it's not a big deal.
>>
>>35606633
It's definitely doable! Thanks and best of luck to you too
>>
>>35606366
you just need to wake up at the end of a sleep cycle.

8-10 hours is optimum.
but 6 a day won't kill you

hell, 4 a day won't kill you (but it will start to affect you)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35N7cnN0vTM

ignore his shilling, you get literally the same results with food

>>35606356
daily.
>>
When I tried to do bench press today I couldn't lift the weight I am used to and I had to deload.
Could this be because I've done some dips before, and my triceps got tired? I always do dips AFTER bench press
>>
File: greg o'gallager legs.png (240KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
greg o'gallager legs.png
240KB, 300x300px
>>35606398
>shitty broscientists disagree with scientific fact.

well greg o'gallagher disagrees with them, if we are going to appeal to people with good bodies.

the data makes it abundantly clear that there was no indication of a disparity in lbm retention or gain in people with an intake of .64g/lb vs people intaking 1.10g/lb

it says right there in the post you quoted
>observed no differences in whole body protein synthesis or indexes of lean body mass

no fucking differences, and that is with .64g/lb which is lower than anyone here is recommending.

and in the high protein group, there was indication of nutrient overload.

can you not fucking read?

are you this opposed to scientific literacy?

fuck your shitty broscientist faggots, lyle mcdonald especially.

he is on the same tier as jason blaha disregarding the world health organization and clear pharmacological (And toxicological) data on N-nitroso compounds (such as those derived from sodium nitrite/nitrate) because "muh correlation"

granted that last tangent was a bit of a non-sequitur, it is on the same level of stupid
>>
>>35606676
>>35606669
Thanks, I'm cutting now so i'll be wary to get enough protein
>>
File: 867867.jpg (49KB, 521x720px) Image search: [Google]
867867.jpg
49KB, 521x720px
So I'm 3 weeks into Candito's 6 week program and I see there is a day I come in and do 1 set of squats and 1 set of deadlifts. There's also like another day where I come in and just do 1 set of deadlifts. (These are not days for testing your max)

My question is, whats the purpose of this? I can't do any extra optional exercises on those days either, seems like a waste to do 1 set and leave. Is this really good for gains?
>>
>injure shoulder playing Football
>kick off cover, smash shoulder into massive cunt, send him flying, but I didn't hit with pads, side of shoulder so shoulder momentarily popped out
>same game ball carrier comes past me, reach out with one arm as I'm running past him, arm is violent yanked back, imagine doing dumbbell flyes with a heavy weight and you don't control the eccentric portion
>shoulder the next day is extremely sore and hard to move, concerned for flexibility so I stretch it every which way
>continue doing this for months
>one day I notice I have no Trap on that side, arm hangs lower than other one, when I walk and my arms swing, it feels loose
>think I've basically stretched/loosened the ligaments and/or small muscles in my shoulder

How do I fix this, I was basically retarded and acted to fix my injury whilst being grossly ignorant, now there's no right side trap for the bar to sit on when I squat, and bench position is fucked as well because of this, should I just kill myself?
>>
>>35606737
yes it could be.
dips also engage your chest.. pretty much works all the same muscles as bench, just hits them differently.

so it is perfectly understandable for you to fatigue your shit on dips before benching.
>>
I dont lift like a fucking idiot, I go heavy and push myself until failure but I seem to have no fucking chest at all. by bench is sat at a lowly 100lbs and isnt improving. Ive tried switching bench for dips, doing dumbell flys, cable flys and all that good shit but nothing seems to work. What do I DO /fit/?
>>
Every time I drink my protein shake I feel like puking. The flavor isn't what gets to me, I use 2 scoops of muscle milk gainer in 16 oz of 2% milk and didn't start having an issue until December. I'm going to lay off for awhile then see if anything changes. any other suggestions? RIP gains
>>
>>35606795
Linear Max OT phase isn't 1 set, it's 3 sets squat and 2 sets DL.
Check your eyes.
>>
>>35606838
Well, first off, don't drink muscle milk.
>>
>>35606442
>I am currently doing 1000-1200
i highly highly doubt the veracity of your caloric estimates.
but whatever numbers help you get to that deficit.

>>35606424
i prefer practicing "boxing" footwork.
and just shadowboxing like a motherfucker.
kicks are a pretty good cardio work out
mix in some burpees, mountain climbers, squat hops, jumping lunges and shit like that..

if you focus on maintaining a really really high speed, you can get into HIIT territory pretty easily.

alternatively shit like ido portal's movement patterns and stretching/mobility work can be great for LISS even slow-mo shadowboxing (like tai-chi status) can be useful for that.

great way to get an amazing cardio workout with little to no floor space and no equipment.
>>
File: 654756867.png (24KB, 746x456px) Image search: [Google]
654756867.png
24KB, 746x456px
>>35606846
I'm referring to this
>>
>>35606899
You're too weak to be running a 6 week program, do something linear.
>>
Anyone else feel like a god at the gym, but a skinnyfat weakling at home? I am one of the strongest guys at my gym, I feel as if I look good when I'm training but at home I think I look like shit
Is there a name for this?
>>
>>35606833
maybe you are not eating enough?
>>
>>35606833
Eat more, don't train to failure like a fucking retard
>>
>>35606926
BD
>>
hey guys,
how much of my recommended daily vitamin/mineral intake should i be taking for the most important vitamins/ minerals, like magnesium, zinc, and vitamin d?

should i just try to aim for 100% the daily recommended amount, or should i be aiming lower in case i have too much? for example zinc is bad for you passed 50 mg, (i think? i forgot the exact numbers) so should i be aiming for less than that in case my diet includes more zinc?
or should i take more than 100%, in the case that the daily recommended value is the amount that is considered healthy, and not the maximum that the body can use?
>>
>>35606934
Nah, its not that. Im getting 3500 calories a day from mass gainer, whey and chicken. All of my other lifts are improving.
>>
>>35606948
Downvoted
>>
>>35606970
Training to failure all the time is arguably one of the worst things you can do, then again if you knew that you'd be benching more than 100 lbs
>>
>>35606925
Alright, is candito's linear program cool or is there something better?
>>
how tall is candito
>>
when going from cutting to bulking should I just jump straight back in?

I'm thinking of upping calories straight away to maintenance then adding 100 calories or so week till I start gaining.
>>
>>35606958
maybe your form is shitty? read SS and watch some vids, bruh
>>
How bad is Lipton ice tea for you, should I cut it out of my diet?
>>
My gym's leg press machine has two 'heights' for the plates to be placed; lower (closest to where your feet rest) and higher (further and past the lower rack). Should I place my plates on the lower or upper racks, or does it not matter? I can only press lmao5pl8.
>>
Should my exercise routine look different depending on if I'm cutting or bulking? Besides cardio, I mean.
>>
>>35607133
It doesn't matter which one you use

>>35607080
Contains a lot of sugar, and empty calories i.e tastes nice but otherwise offers nothing. If you're overweight or cutting then yes, it shouldn't be a staple but a treat evey now and then.
>>
Is it even worth it working abs while around 18 - 20% bf. My core is always sore after cardio anyways.
>>
Anyone else prefer weighted push ups to bench? I like the fact that it works my core, and somehow it just feels good.

Am I losing anything if I do these for my volume workouts? Obviously for lower reps, higher weight work I will continue to bench, but is there any downside to changing my 150lbs 5x10 to the equivalent weighted push up 5x10 (60lbs for me)?
>>
>>35606414
I guess it's fine?
>>
>>35606882
I use caloriecount. Also, in general I would eat a salad (no dressing and just veggies) with maybe some cheese on the side, a soup for lunch and a smoothie (banana-orange-ginger-water, no milk) for dinner. If I want a snack it's either an apple or a fistfull of almonds. Don't drink anything besides black coffee, water and unsweetened green tea. So I don't know why you would say I don't estimate this correctly, but I weigh my food and according to caloriecount I have been eating 1000-1200 for the past week.
>>
>>35606882
>>35607282
I also prepare 99% of my food myself (only go out to eat maybe once a month) so I know exactly what I put in it, also I am vegan so no animal products, and I'm trying to limit carbs with eating less and no white things.
>>
Is 3 months of low rep compound SS enough to switch to more volume/ splits?

83kg @ 6"2 atm.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-13-21-59-58.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-13-21-59-58.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
Only been lifting for a year, 130lbs-165lbs
Do I have a good enough base to slow bulk into the godly semi-lean powerlifter mode?
>tfw fairly narrow shoulders/wide hips
Ive given up on being aesthetic
>>
>>35607691
Depends on your stats, what are your big 4?
>>
How bad is alcohol calorie-wise? I drank about a bottle of jaegermeister a week for 3 months and i noticed i started picking up some weight, but could be also the fact that i stopped exercising completely about the same time
>>
>>35607735
pretty damn bad
>>
>>35607711

B:85
S:2pl8
Dl:3pl8
O:60

I know they're pretty low stats but not sure what to be aiming for
>>
>>35607337
Yo watch yourself, you're on the path to a disordered mindset. The 1000 cal/day is low but I didn't think much of it. Vegan is a redflag in itself but something about saying "no white things" really just set my radar off. Vegan, low calorie, low carb, zero cal caffeinated beverages, it's like the foundation of all EDs. Losing weight is good if you're overweight but be mindful of what kinds of habits you're building in the process
>>
>>35607735
an ounce of jaeger is about 100 calories is about. a bottle is the better part of a pound. That much alcohol is horrible for you.
>>
>>35606787
>getting this heated over disagreement

You seem like this subject hits a nerve. I was simply pointing out that several researchers disagree with Menno's conclusions drawn from the literature. Even you said yourself that there's no clear consensus.

>broscience
McDonald is a bit of an asshole in real life, but his literature reviews and writing are far from unfounded. Helms and Schoenfeld (and Aragon) have published quite a bit of research, and are far from broscientists.

I have most of the papers and debates back and forth saved on my computer. I'll check back in once I'm back home.

>>35607046
Take a couple weeks at maintenance then move to a surplus. 100/week is a bit too cautious IMO.

>>35607150
You can generally get away with more volume on a bulk. Work capacity tends to decrease on a cut.

>>35607167
It's more difficult to progressively overload push-ups than bench. Other than that it's feasible.

>>35607254
It's fine. If anything, you could probably benefit from eating at a couple weeks at maintenance if you've been dieting for 3 months straight.
>>
>>35607806
>you could probably benefit from eating at a couple weeks at maintenance if you've been dieting for 3 months straight.

What? Why?
>>
>>35607777
If those are pounds, I'd recommend switching around your ss program so that you bench and do ohp more than your squat and deads, you're lacking heavily in your upperbody. Do this for another 3 months and then you should be fine for doing some high volume stuff
>>
>>35607798
>>35607742
Are there any better alcohol alternatives that are calorie-freer and not disgusting?
>>
>>35607825
No it's kgs
>>
>>35607784
English isn't my first language so maybe I wrote it wrong. I didn't say low carb, first of all, just that I'm cutting out a bit of carbs (since I used to consume a lot of carbs precisely because I'm vegan and it's easy to eat bread/pasta all day every day). Also, by no white things I meant brown rice instead of white, whole grain pasta instead of regular and all that. I also only drink 1 coffee+1 cup of green tea every day.
>>
>>35607838
Yes, water.

But seriously, if you're looking to bulk or cut, you need to seriously cut down on your alcohol consumption.
>>
>>35607735

A fifth of jager is 1450 calories from the alcohol alone (assuming 7cal/g). The sugar content is 11g per fluid ounce which means that a fifth has 1100cal of sugar in it as well.
>>
>>35607838
alcohol contains calories. I myself drink 1 (max. 2) glasses of white wine every now and again, it's just personal preference but wine is good for you. One glass is about 100-120 calories. Also, dry white wine is best for less sugar.
>>
>>35607862
>tfw need the confidence boost
>>
Have a Planet Fitness membership that ends in March, anyone have recommendations for a new proper gym in the Las Vegas area? Currently 5'10" ~210 lbs and cutting.
>>
>>35607897
you need a fucking bottle of jaeger to talk to people?

You don't need booze, you need to practice talking to people.
>>
>>35607849
You should be fine to switch your programming then, do a ppl and switch between hypertrophy and strength weeks
>>
>>35607897
smoke some weed then brah, smoking is 0 calories
>>
>>35605356
Same. Doing body weight workouts at home until the resolutioners clear out. I'm going back in February.
>>
>>35607003

please i can't find this anywhere on the internet
>>
if I'm trying to gain muscle mass, should I switch my 2% milk for whole milk?
is it really acceptable to hold a dumbbell between your thighs while doing pull/chin up? idk, it just seems really weird to me
>>
can you lose more than 1kg of fat per week without losing considerable muscle mass?
>>
I've been lifting shitty ass dumbbells for 3 weeks or so and it's becoming a bit too easy, which is probably a sign I need to actually hit a gym. Fortunately, my Uni has a gym that I could use for free, but having never been in one before, what the fuck would I do?

Should I just ask someone to help me out? I don't really have any clue on proper form and I don't want to fuck my shit up. I'm a scrawny faggot, so I'm kind of intimidated.
>>
What does a home gym starter kit look like?
>>
>>35608183
Maybe. Write down all your calories you eat and compare them to this:

https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/bwp/

Plan for about 1lb per week growth on a good bulk.

You can switch to whole milk if you need more Cals.
>>
>>35608375
Pick a routine from the sticky.
Watch form videos.
Go to the gym and feel like a sperg for a week or two until you get the hang of it.

This is not a complicated process :)

>>35608508
Power rack with chinup bar
Barbell
~400 lbs of iron
Clips
Bench
Maybe some rubber matting for your floor
Life-size nude poster of Scooby
>>
File: fuck.jpg (2MB, 1428x2448px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
2MB, 1428x2448px
173cm 85kg desperately trying to cut

1500 cals a day +3 days lifting+1 day swim.

HOw long till abs, how long till look good

Also: how much can waterweight vary during the day?

Also general cutting tips
>>
My stove stopped working. Until I can repair it/replace it, can I cook meat (chickenbreast, ground beef) in my rice cooker and use it as some sort of stove and frying pan? I don't know how rice cookers work exactly, how are they different in how they use heat?
>>
I'm pretty skinnyfat. Luckily, my fat is mostly in my legs and ass/lower back.
I'd say I'm probably somewhere around 22% bf, cutting to hopefully 12%.
Would lifting be a waste of time until I start lean bulking or should I start now?
>>
>>35608797
did you read the sticky?
also post pic, 99% of non lifting people deceive themselves regarding their true situation
>>
>>35608776
I'm going to give you the answer you don't want: slow down.

1500 Cals for your size and activity level is way too low. You're setting yourself up for crashing and burning. Use https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/bwp/ and plan for 1-2 lbs per week loss. Don't measure yourself multiple times per day, either. Do it once per week, same time each week.

Fitness is a lifestyle, you have LOTS of time to get there. Set a sustainable pace and you'll still be better every day.
>>
>>35608777
There's a whole sub-culture focused around cooking meals in rice cookers, including meat. You should find plenty of resources.
>>
>>35608818
This is me just now
http://imgur.com/E5g3NHq
>>
>>35608842
yeah 2lb sounds about right, how low do you think ih ave to get to see abs, looking good is a legit concern of mine
>>
>>35608934
Depends on what kind of muscles you have under there. If you're an intermediate or better lifter, probably 10 weeks at 1kg fat loss per week. If you're a novice, probably around 15 weeks.

Very much ballpark numbers, though.
>>
give me a routine that will get my 5rep bench over 2pl8, and ohp over 1pl8

stalled at 92.5x5 and 55x5, tried deloading, tried deloading + high reps, when i returned i still couldn't pass them.
5'8 70kg
>>
>>35608978
Are you gaining weight?

Also try: singles or triples at higher weights, 1-2 session break, switching exercises (perhaps dumbbell versions, dips, incline press, or other accessories).
>>
>>35608875
>>35608797

Your fat is not a hindrance. You will have the chance to look good later, frankly cutting now to 12% will make you look like a twig.

Lift and eat, get strong, then cut.
>>
>>35608776
is it the shitty pic or can i see a faint outline of an ab.. if they can be seen trough all that fat then youre gonna look great once you cut
>>
>>35609043
I'm scared about lifting and eating, because believe it or not this body (imgur link) came from lifting for an entire year. No changes whatsoever. I didn't get much bigger or stronger, and I didn't get smaller. I honestly have no clue what I was thinking or doing.
>>
>>35608776
is that enough fat to get loose skin?
>>
>>35608875
Also, does this look like klinefelter syndrome??
>>
>>35609080
Yeh, I've done that too. Wasted all that time in the gym because I didn't want to get fat. It wasn't worth it.

Since then I've started eating, lifting heavy, gotten bigger. Even if I kept some fat, I look and lift a whole lot better. Winter is the time to do it, anyway!
>>
>>35609119
um, no. it does not.
>>
Is having a 5.5 inch penis good enough
>>
>>35609121
Alright cool.
I actually just picked up a new gym membership earlier today so looks like I'll be lifting again.
>>35609137
Alright cool. Was just curious because I've got some wide ass thighs, but that's just fat now that I think about it.
>>
Anyone have a decent post-SS/SL workout plan?

I've been doing the same shit for months and I feel like it's time to move on since I've stopped making linear progress
>>
>>35609088
yes, definitely, that guy is gonna need surgery
>>
Light headed after heavy lifts, what do?
>>
>>35609025
>Are you gaining weight?
:( not really
i feel like a need to cut so i;m having trouble committing to gaining, yet don't want to lose all my lifts

is a larger excess going to solve all my problems?
>>
>>35609145
yes.

>>35609153
Texas Method and 5/3/1 are both quite popular.

>>35609160
Not sure about surgery, he's maybe 30-40 lbs overweight. That's not at the same scale as the guys who have lost 80+ and have visible sagginess.
>>
>>35609153
texas method
when I started it I blasted through my plateau
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157839653
>>
>>35609175
Some lifts are going to be super stubborn unless you're bulking a bit. That's life.

>>35609171
How heavy are your heavy lifts? If you're a novice this feeling will pass.
>>
Anyone here tear their rotator cuff?

How long did it take to recover?

Did you do any rehab exercises to help

Ideally I don't want to pay for a dr visit as a broke college student
>>
>>35609202
Alright thanks.
>>
>>35608875
>>35609181
Is mine enough to cause loose skin?
Also, probably stupid question that I could find an answer to in the sticky, but were my "noob gains" wasted in that year of lifting where I achieved nothing?
>>
>>35609216
No you will not get loose skin.

Your lifts will progress quickly if you start a bulk, essentially as if you are starting new.
>>
Can anyone recommend me a good hypertrophy based program for beginners? I'm looking to get fit and long story short I have extremely bad OCD (it sounds like an excuse just typing it) so I'm trying to find what people think is the best plan that I can stick to for a while and see results before switching to a proper powerlifting program

I've read the stick many times lurked for ages etc I know that realistically as a beginner I should just pick any decent plan like SL and just stick to it most importantly, but I'm a bit of a headcase lol
>>
>>35609245
>I should just pick any decent plan like SL and just stick to it

Excellent answer, good job, A+ for you today.
>>
>>35609245
SS > SL

Also, don't do hypertrophy. Do strength, you'll thank yourself later when you don't have useless water muscles.
>>
>>35609181
>>35609195
ty anons
>>
>tfw shit tier appetite
how do i into better eating habits through legit practice or cheater methods? I just wanna get big, strong, and fat
>>
Recently I have been having problems my squats. I think I have always moved my knees a little while squatting but now right above my knees is starting to hurt. How do I fix this? It's never been a problem before.
>>
how do i convince my doctor to give me a perscription for steroids
>>
Can't even get to parallel on squat without butt winking. What areas should I work on stretching?
>>
I did 20 pushups yesterday and my arms are still hurting, should I rest until it goes away or keep going ?
>>
>>35609447
Calorie-Surplus Cheat Code is to slip fat into everything. Toast for breakfast? Load it tf down with butter. Making a shake? Add a tbsp or two of coconut oil. Oats? Butter AND coconut oil, plus PB if you can stomach it. Cooking chicken? Sear + saute it in olive oil. Dress your greens with olive oil too.

If you wanna start eating big, not just eating dense, buy those $5 Little Caesar's pizzas. My noseguard bro used to eat one for every meal, plus veggies, back when he was bulking up for handegg.
>>
>>35609930
let me know when you find out
probably tight hip flexors or weak hammies or something, because they're problem areas for me
>>
Currently on a lean bulk, lifting 6 times a week

accidentally ate atleast 500 cals over my goal, eat a little less tomorrow or just continue as usual?
>>
So i am losing a shit ton of fat because of diet and cardio but i still have some fat left around my nipples any way to get rid of that? Not fat or anything just the last piece of fat in my chest
>>
>>35609930
Ankles are probably the big one weird as it sounds when they are mobile you can get your knees forward which puts your hips into a stronger position. Stretching hips and hamstrings is also good.
>>
Non-fit, but I want to make a new me for a new year. I got a good deal on gym membership, but the catch is that I can't start until February. What sort of exercises/routines should I attempt in the meantime to keep me pumped and best prepare me for the gym? I was just planning on starting a mile running routine every other morning. Haven't been to a gym in years and desperately need gains at 135lbs, 5'11" All I've got available now is a few 5-20 lb dumbbells and the sidewalk outside my home.
>>
>>35610223
Start doing some basic exercises. Like chest press and bicep curl. Also just do cardio nearly everybody hates it but if you are not fit you can still use it for quiet some time.
>>
File: 1423522278468.jpg (28KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1423522278468.jpg
28KB, 500x385px
Whats a routine to become aesthetic?
>>
>>35610262
Literally any of them if you stick with it
>>
>>35610263
Don't forget eating healthy
>>
Should my muscles be sore the day after working out? They arent and now i feel like i didnt push myself
>>
>>35610263
Even SS?
>>
>>35610299
Yes.
>>35610281
Yes.
>>
>>35610290
Your body gets used to certain exercises and will adapt to the motions so it's a good idea to change up your routine. that being said, a lack of soreness is not an indicator of a bad workout. a lot of factors go into soreness. if you try to do the same exercise the day after and your muscles can't then you've probably pushed yourself too hard
>>
>>35610018
Do 100 today
>>
>>35607282
that sounds like significantly more than 1200kcal
>>
Is Scooby a top or bottom?

What's his husbando look like?

no homo
>>
are you supposed to lift more with conventional deadlift as opposed to stiff-legged (actually it is more like a romanian, except i set the weight all the way on the ground.. so like a RDL and SLDL had a baby)?

i only ask because symmetric strength says my deadlift is my weakest lift (15% behind other lifters at my strength level), and i wonder if it is because i only train SL/RDL
>>
File: 1451406431197.jpg (59KB, 599x596px) Image search: [Google]
1451406431197.jpg
59KB, 599x596px
What counts as a rep? e.g. in squat do you have to be able to "control" the weight or just get it down and up? Am I lifting too heavy if I'm just pushing the weight up with all the force I can and I can't really focus on form or control the weight. Needless to say these kind of reps are really slow. Should I just do more "controlled" and faster reps with lower weight? I'm doing SS.
>>
Starting Phrak's Greyskull Variant LP, should I train my traps individually with shrugs as an accessory lift? Or is this unnecessary? I'm cutting
>>
File: gooby and husband.jpg (356KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
gooby and husband.jpg
356KB, 900x900px
>>35610485
not explicitly stated, but based on his dynamic, i would say he is a primarily a top with vers tendencies.

>husbando?
pic related.
>>
>>35610522
largely regarded as unnecessary, but personally i think side lateral raises and barbell shrugs (or snatch pulls) are a great accessory to add in from the beginning.

but it is absolutely unnecessary, and if you add in too many accessories, you won't be able to handle the volume.

but given that you are cutting, you might have trouble maintaining progression anyways.

i would highly recommend it, most educated /fit/izens would disagree with me.

it probably doesn't matter terribly much in the long run.

it isn't like you will make no gains because barbell shrugs.

and it isn't like you will be Mr. natty swole traps just because you added in your accessories a couple months early (it will only help in that aspect, however)
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
>>35610539
>those over-developed obliques
why do people do this to themselves?
>>
>>35610290
lack of DOMS just means you aren't undertrained.

if you get DOMS, it means the musculature that is sore is undertrained

as long as you are progressing on your lifts, you will increase in strength and size
>>
I'm a heavy drinker. Sometimes I do heavy lifting while I'm heavy drinking. Am I going to die?
>>
>>35610587
only if you drop the bar on your face/neck or do something similarly dangerous.

save the alcohol for after working out, though... shit nearly doubles both free and total test levels
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23470309
>>
>>35610598
I drank 3oz rum before doing a half hour of mixed high-rep to failure lifts, all focusing on upper body because I'm a huge fatty.

Obviously it's not good for me, but it's not going to cancel out the work I put in, is it?
>>
>>35610605
no it's not going to "cancel" the workout but..
it is far from optimal
>>
>>35610605
Alcohol literally eats muscle.
>>
>>35610616
Gotcha, thanks.

>>35610620
RIP in pease gains :_;7
>>
>>35610488
pls respond..
>>
>>35610598
Wait, post workout alcohol is good for test levels? I always thought alcohol is bad for my gains.
>>
>>35610558
Thanks for the response, I think I will throw them in
>>
>>35610645
drinking every night is bad for your gains
drinking too much is bad for your gains

getting your BAC to .082 (plus or minus a good .015) about 30 minutes after an intense workout is amazing for gains.

just know when to stop, and only drink after lifting.

also alcohol calories don't get stored as bodyfat, but they do take metabolic precedence over anything else you consume, so if you drink right after eating, it can lead to some of the excess food being stored as bodyfat.

outside of that, you just need to maintain willpower and avoid the drunken munchies.

lots of hydration and electrolytes (i like to munch a banana with a good 5 potassium pills, and a calcium pill or too, as well as eating relatively high amounts of sodium on lifting days - qdoba is the best for this.. like chipotle but better)
>>
>>35610502
If you can't maintain form, it isn't a rep.
You're gonna cripple yourself, idiot.
>>
After x-mas break I went back to a healthy clean bulk lifestyle but my weight freaked me out.

I was 73kg before x-mas 71.6 after it

I've eaten the least healthy foods you could imagine & even like this I lost weight.

Why is being 1.9m so tough?
>>
I have no control over the food we buy, so I'm not able to eat proper meals. I'm currently cutting at 1500 a day and lifting, but I'm not even close to getting enough protein or shit like that. How badly will this affect my lifts? My go to meal is 2 sandwiches and a powerade zero, comes out to 400 calories, eat that 3 times a day and every now and then I'll snack on an apple or grapes or some shit, but that's really the best I can eat.
>>
>>35610724
>freaking out about your weight when you only weigh 73 at 6'2

do you have a legit eating disorder?
>>
>>35610781
>I have no control over the food we buy
You are a child then
>>
>>35610796
Thanks for the help
>>
>>35610787
he is freaking out about not gaining weight, fatty.
>>
>>35610488
Ofcourse, dummy.
Do conventional DLs
>>
>>35610803
Get enough protein, bro. It's the one key element to your diet that will fuck you over if you miss it (inb4 micros). Any way you can fix it?
>>
>>35610787
No

I eat 2 eggs + bacon + 2 cups of soy milk in the morning

I have a mid-morning snack of a handful of peanuts

For lunch I always eat twice as much as anyone around me.

In the afternoon I eat a cup of oatmeal with soy milk and my dinners are a 3 course feast.

I honestly don't get why I weight this little.
>>
>>35610811
but my legs are getting too big, and i just want them glute/back gains..

plus romanian is supposed to be better for people looking to get into oly

i only ask if i can lift more with conventional for the sake of accuracy vis-a-vis symmetricstrength.com
>>
>>35610824
>mid-morning snack of a handful of peanuts
snack on more nuts, also dried fruit
easy to eat loads and very calorie dense

maybe keep some at your work station/ uni/ wherever the fuck you're sitting down
>>
>>35610824
Nigga I'm cutting on 4 eggs + oatmeal + actual not homo milk for breakfast.

What's your 3 course dinner? 50g of arugula appetizer, 4oz steamed fish and (1) steamed carrot entrée, and a spoon of cool whip dessert???
>>
>>35610817
Unless I'm missing out on really budget food, it's just too expensive to buy healthier food or whatever. We need about $60 to last a month worth of food. I went shopping with my mom and spent about $55 on stuff like rice, chicken and other shit that is constantly recommended, I even read the label for each item we bought and that lasted 1 week and I was eating at a deficit. We basically survive on sandwiches and hot dogs cuz you can get enough to last a month with $60. I've lost 180 pounds and am trying to lose about 20 more, but now I started lifting this week, so I'm worried that my shitty diet is gonna greatly affect that.
>>
Ive gained a little too much fat over Christmas whike bulking. I'll be bulking for about another 6 months until I'm anywhere near out of ottermode so should I just take 2-3 weeks to get visible abs again??
> alternatively

I've also heard some dudes will spend 3.5/months bulking, then go to maintenance/cutting for a month just so they can stay relatively lean year round. Is this a good idea?

I did have such a fantastic go at "lean bulking" last time anyway maybe if I could get back to reasonable visible abs and then lean bulk it'd be better in the long run
>>
>>35610858
200g of pasta (type of pasta depending on the day)

250 to 300g of meat depending on what is it (Chicken, Rabbit, Veal...)

3-4 loafs of bread with tomatoe, olive oil & salt ( Traditional thing here in Catalonia,Spain)

& some desert like fruit or yoghurt
>>
>>35610874
>now I started lifting this week
You can live on noob gains for a long time. That'll help your situation but I recommend trying to get more money for when you start stalling your lifts. How about tuna? It's damn cheap (cheaper than chicken) and has 30 grams of protein pr 100 grams.

You should try to get more money somehow. I know it's not that easy, but your situation needs to change, dude.
>>
>>35610824
because you are super vague about your lunch and dinner which means they probably aren't consistent.
Add some bread, oatmeal or something for carbs in your breakfast.
Your mid morning snack could be bigger.
Also what is your training like ?
>>
>>35610882
Oh that's not bad then.
Snack harder and take a hint from the English when it comes to breakfast, it's the only thing that country can do right.
>>
>>35610893
Thanks, I'll try to work on that. I've been donating plasma which gets me some extra money that I just save, but I guess I can try to buy food just for myself, the only thing is that the idea makes me feel selfish, but I dunno.
>>
>>35605351
Whats the basic Equipment I Need to start working out at home?
>>
>>35610936
Why don't you get a job bruv.
Butchering pays good money.
>>
>>35610922
1 hour+10 mins of warmup every 2 days @ gym and the days I don't go to the gym I try to do some stuff @ home like forearms, abs & pushups.

>>35610934
I'll try to go harder on breakfast then
>>
>>35610893
Tuna is not cheaper than chicken. $6 for 3 lbs vs like 1.20 for 20 something grams of protein.
That 3 lbs of chicken gets me well over 200 grams of protein whereas $6 of tuna would be like 120 grams of protein .
>>
>>35610936
Save the money for later. Wait until your noob gains start stalling. Try to find a better solution until then. Sorry about your situation, bro. Hopefully it'll get better.
>>
>>35610958
Talking about canned tuna, m8. I get 450 grams for a dollar.
>>
>>35610944
I've been trying, it's tough, my city actually had the #1 unemployment rate in the country for a while I heard. I'm 19, got my very first job this winter break, but it was only seasonal, so i was laid off. I've already applied to more places now that I have some experience on my resume, but it's really just a matter of hoping someone calls and things go well. I'm definitely trying though.
>>
>>35610882
>>35610858
fuck you guys

maintenance for me is;
>oatmeal for breakfast + coffee
>shake after gym for lunch with can of tuna
>4 eggs and bacon for dinner
being a manlet sucks
>>
>>35610943
I just finished setting up my home gym this week. I got a bench, power rack, and 300lb barbell set. Plan to expand when I can. I'm doing Starting Strength so this is good for me.
>>
>>35610993
Are you 5'0?
Height and weight pls
>>
>>35610993
Whatever man, you probably lift more than me with your baby 4-inch ROM, suck it up
>>
>>35610963
Thanks, man. Will do, I'm looking for work and I'm currently at community college, so I hope things will eventually get better financially for us.
>>
>>35610993
Nigga are you drinking a starbucks coffee with 1k calories or something?
>>
>>35610981
Fair dinkum then, best of luck to you.
Advice from a BS professional, blow everything on your resume way way outta proportion. I still list my old mom&pop diner first-job on my resume and make it sound like I was a professional chef at a 4-star. Places eat that stuff up.
>>
File: 20151213_0109044.jpg (1MB, 1624x3760px) Image search: [Google]
20151213_0109044.jpg
1MB, 1624x3760px
>>35611015
>>35611016
>>35611022
5'8 70kg

guess i just have a really idle lifestyle :(
>>
>>35611045
>5'8 70kg
You can eat 2000 cals on a lazyday you faggot! You can eat 500 more on a sedentary lifestyle than I can with an active lifestyle. Fucking complaining over this. Kill yourself.
>>
My mouth tastes like metal all the time. I dont' have a sore or anything so it can't be blood. Anyone else get this? What's wrong with me?
>>
>>35611137
maybe a burn from eating hot stuff

maybe your mouth is dry

maybe you ate something weird

maybe your bf's cum

maybe you got aids

maybe ebola

i dunno
>>
>>35611137

Are you doing keto?
>>
When I do dips I find myself relying/coming Dow much more heavily on one arm, will this correct itself if I do more dips or become more pronounced?
>>
>>35611211
No
>>35611229
No
>>
Has anyone ever died after getting attacked by doms?
>>
I'm making an effort to fix my body's posture psychologically (reminding myself to sit and stand straight) but what are some exercises to help? Already doing face pulls. I want to straighten my upper back but I'm guessing stuff that brings my shoulders back and my chest forward slightly would be best.
>>
what do you guys think of athlean-x as a source of fit info?
>>
Question for Anons who have (or currently do IF). Right now I am on a cut, lets me be more honest I am on a diet because I'm seriously over weight. Over the past 4 months I have lost 35 lbs doing the simple shit - no soda, reducing eating out to once a month instead of twice a day, etc. I am now lifting 3 days a week, about 6 weeks into Stronglifts. Additionally I got for a 40 minute walk after lifting (MWF) and on T/Thr/Sat I play basketball with a friend - typically just 1v1 but sometimes we get into a bigger game, usually for somewhere between 45-60 minutes.

Anyways, for the last 6 weeks (around the time I started lifting) my weight was 215, today I am still 215. My weight has changed a little here and there, down to 214, sometimes, and as low as 210 when I was sick at christmas and didn't lift for a few days (I skipped 2 workouts, but just restarted the week the next Monday).

For the last 2 weeks I have took it a step further and have started recording all my food/macros. I eat 1800 calories a day (180g of protein), 158g of carbs, 50g of fat). The only thing different I do is on lifting days I have another 50g of protein (through whey, w/ water) and ~50g of carbs and just add it to my current macros so on lifting days I end up closer to 2150 kcals.

I have decided to do a once a week IF (using the 24 hour protocol, not the eating window). My question is, will it hurt/kill my recovery if I make it a day after lifting (T/Thr/Sat?) since I will only get about ~600 calories on that day. Or should I try to move it to Sunday, the further day from recovery..Sunday kind of sucks, as its easier to do it on the weekdays when I am at work and can just work all day and just come home and have dinner, but I also want to continue to progress my lifts as best I can.

Opinions? Thoughts? Thanks!
>>
Is it worth training abs during a cut and why?
>>
I`m 5`11 and 145 lbs, what is a good goal weight for my height? Also a good % of bf to show gains
I have a year to achieve this
>>
I've got chronic cluster headaches with attacks every night. I get up at midnight and ride out the attacks, then hit the gym when they're finally over for the day before stumbling home and collapsing in bed.

I also get sporadic migraines that kind of linger in the background in addition to the cluster attacks, and they usually stick around for a few days.

Is there any reason - aside from, obviously, feeling like shit and not being able to do full intensity workouts - for me not to go to the gym on the days when I have a migraine? The gym is pretty much my only source of social contact and the only thing that keeps me motivated to not just kill myself and I fucking hate missing it for any reason.
>>
>>35612989
If your doing strength training - especially things like squats/deadlifts then ab training will help your overall core strength so you can better progress on these exercises, so I would say do them, no more then twice a week and if you end up sore or it hurts your other lifts, cut back to once a week. This is purely for core strength and not for a 6 pack, thats all diet.

>>35612998
Its hard to say weight as frame and things dictate a lot of how you look. But, I would say if you can get to 175-180ish with a 10-15% bodyfat you will look pretty solid... Realistically with you starting at 145 though, you may want to lower that to say 165 and bulk slowly to say 165-170 then cut 5-10 lbs. It really varies alot so hard to say.
>>
>>35613081
But i am not doing strength training
>>
Is there a point where you can get so shredded women will talk to you first? If so, how many countries can this work in?
>>
File: Big Boss Wojak.png (488KB, 800x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Big Boss Wojak.png
488KB, 800x1020px
there are no gyms in my area and i'd like to start doing some dumbbell excercises but have no idea what weight i should use

my stats:
weight: 55 kg (inb4 thanks mr skeltal)
height: 178 cm (inb4 manlet)
push-up maxes with correct form: 35
chin-up maxes with correct form: 20
>>
>>35611840
He's obviously a shill for his retarded product and his focus is on athletes using weight to add strength, rather than barbell athletes, but he's legit otherwise.
>>
>>35613134
If you want to use Dumbbells, use a program like the Dumbbell stopgap. Start with a light weight, add 20 pounds until you struggle to do 5 reps. That is your start.
>>
>>35613081
Whats a good amount of weight I should put monthly? As you say, gonna bulk to 170 and start my cut in October and go dow at 12%
>>
>>35613099
Then really I would recommend start lifting or doing bodyweight exercises, more so then just ab work. It will have a bigger impact.

>>35613221
If your new to lifting then I would say aim for about 3-4 lbs (likely closer to 3) for the first 1-3 months. After that around 1-2 lbs. Over the course of 12 months (as you said a year) that will be 18-30 lbs. You could aim for more, which is fine, but keep in mind that you will gain a bit of fat with anymore then that, even with that amount you will gain fat, but thats why you cut.

I've heard people say they aim for 5-6 lbs a month and just do that for 8 months then cut to get it done faster (that same 40-48 lbs), but I think if you do it a bit slower you can reduce the time on a cut, but to each his own, everybodys body is different, if your younger (late teen, early 20s) you might be able to put on more weight/muscle then someone in their late 20s, early 30s
>>
BMT in the next 2 weeks, someone got their idea of the most efficient plan to get in the best cardiovascular shape for that? Being /fit/ I slacked on that in exercising for it
>>
I want to add a day of front squats to my routine so I am only doing back squats twice a week and front squats once a week. Should I be able to do the same weight with both or if I am just adding front squats should I lower the weight and just progress normally (5 lbs a workout?)...?
>>
how do you train your back?
my doc said my back muscles are too weak in relation to my front.
>>
>>35613273
Holy shit, ive been working out for two years, i hit 4/3/2/1, im judt wondering if theres any point in doing abs while i lose this fat. Holy.
>>
>>35613374
Depends, what part of your back are you talking about? The part behind your abs, behind your shoulders, next to your abs?
>>
File: question.png (178KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
question.png
178KB, 500x500px
Anyone here lift in Converses? is there a specific type of converse shoe I should get or are they all relatively the same flatness sole?
>>
>>35613419
No, don't be socially retarded. Buy tennis or lifting shoes
>>
Is breaking up with a gf of 2.5 years a good enough excuse to have a "cheat day"?
>>
>>35613342
In my experience, front squat is harder. Just try starting out with lower weight and see where you end up
>>
>>35613630
Thanks, i'll try like a 10 or 20% deload when I add them and see, maybe more if it struggle to hit.
>>
>>35610674
Thanks I will lift lighter. I actually thought that I might injure myself after getting aches in my muscles after gym. Not doms, more like a ache/ pain and I can feel it right after working out, not 1-2 days later. Also doms i can usually only feel id i'm moving/ contrating my muscles but this ache sticks if I stay still or lay on a bed... I just tried to add too much weight in each workout
>>
>>35613616
no
>>
>>35614000
Tribles have spoken
>>
>>35613419
Get real lifting shoes. They're not that expensive, especially compared to converse.

But if you want converse, get the "all star Chuck Taylors" with laces. High top or low, doesn't matter, although some people prefer the high top for lifting.

Any shoe that has a compressible sole is out, because they compress the wrong way with a lift.
>>
>>35605351
Can I deadlift in Adipowers?
>>
Hey fit, I'm moving to LA County (Redondo Beach to be precise). I'm a DYEL, but I'm looking for a gym. My concern is that most of the gyms here just seem to be classes and machines. Barely any of them have weights and when they do they're smith machines.

Anyone know of a good gym in that area?
>>
>>35614189
Yes
>>
>>35613979
Fag you must lift heavier to get gains. If you don't lift heavy sarcoplasmic hypetrophy will not occur.
>>
>>35614198
Cool. I was on Reddit, and they said to take them off and go barefoot.
>>
>>35613323
Two weeks ain't going to do much, but I'd suggest doing some HIIT immediately. Bike is best, but elliptical or jumping rope is good,too.

Hit is like doing reps of cardio.
5 minutes medium intensity

3 minutes High
3 minutes Low
Repeat 3~ 5x (Skip last low)

5 minutes medium~low intensity cool down.

Then immediately take a cold shower. This will reduce DOMS in your legs and let you do more cadio.
>>
>>35614189
Not preferred.

It's better to have a flat foot when dead lifting.
>>
/fit/, college student with relatively severe caffeine addiction here.

So, this Saturday is an test, on the 24th February another one.
I want to stop taking coffee and wish to stop, but I am aware of the withdrawals.
When should I stop taking it?
And is it cheaper to drink energy drinks than coffee until the tests are over?
I swear I will stop taking caffeine for the rest of the semester.
>>
>>35614248
If you get a drip machine, coffee is far cheaper. You get off caffeine the same way everyone does, you just drink less and less of it every weak. If you normally have 5 cups , have 4 cups. THen the next week have 3 cups. and so on.
>>
>>35614248
Drink only 3 cups of coffee a day and you'll be fine.
>>
File: thick-thighs-stockings-thong.jpg (79KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
thick-thighs-stockings-thong.jpg
79KB, 640x640px
If i'm doing stronglifts and also want to do ab work, what day should i do it?
>>
File: canditotraining.jpg (460KB, 992x1616px) Image search: [Google]
canditotraining.jpg
460KB, 992x1616px
>>35606326
>>35606326
>>35606326
>>35606326
pls help
>>
>>35614243
What is wrong with deadlifting with Adipowers besides increasing the ROM?
>>
File: e89.jpg (41KB, 600x458px) Image search: [Google]
e89.jpg
41KB, 600x458px
So I'm cutting right now using a diet that's pretty much a version of the paleo diet but with coffee.

I live in a place where it's hard to get fresh fruits and vegetables. My diet is like 20% lean meats like chicken or turkey, 40% seafood, and 40% fruits and veggies. The problem is that the only fruits I really have access to in the winter months are canned (the ones in the thick-ass syrup).

I've been draining them and just eating the actual fruit, but according to myfitnesspal my sugar intake is pretty high. As long as I keep my TDEE low, keep lifting and do some cardio, I should still have a successful cut, correct?
>>
What are some easy exercises I can do before cardio-days in the gym?

I lift / cardio on alternating days, my lifting routine is fullbody and rather taxing - I'm looking for useful exercises which won't interfere with the main lifts the next day.

So far I'm doing some rotator cuff work and facepulls. I was thinking about doing some planks or something but I'm unsure whether that's a good idea with squats/deads coming up the next day.

Any ideas?
>>
>>35614319
Well, you should avoid any canned fruits in sugar water. And to begin with, fruits tend to be pretty high in sugar. As long as you're keeping sugar under 50g a day and hitting your calories, you should be fine.
>>
>>35614304
Can you box first, then lift? That would probably be the most optimal way of doing things.
>>
>>35614352
unfortunately no, boxing is from 7:30(oficially) to around 22pm so no luck, the gym staff hates the boxers since we only leave when the gym is already closed
>>
>>35614286
pic related, how do I get a woman looking like that?
I am aware that women get subconsciously a man's emotion behind their actions.
Of course, there are more women, but I am an ass man who seeks a non-manipulative woman.
>>
Need some ideas for snacks that are low kcal and have good protein considering I can only eat 2k and need 118g protein

I eat variety of fish, A LOT of chicken almost daily if not sometimes, pasta sometimes, rice sometimes, eggs, skim milk, vegetables, sometimes those big brazilian almonds

so that's basically it
I was also eating a biological yogurt with the almond and honey mixed in
now I basically eat just a cup of milk with chocolate sometimes, other times cookies so it's not that great
>>
>>35614397
Double rich chocolate powder
>>
I only ever drink my coffee black
There's a new coffee at work, 'Salted Caramel' from the fresh market
Is there actual sugar or other things added to the coffee grounds and I'm getting more than the usual 5 calories per 8 ounces for nonflavored coffee or is it purely zero calorie flavorings they market by putting caramel on the box?
>>
>>35614627
I think they're roasted to taste like that, though those caramel blends never actually taste like caramel.
>>
>>35614637
That makes sense, it smells a lot like it but taste is similar to the regular medium roast I make at home
>>
>>35614286
bumping for an actual answer to this.
>>
>>35614193
LA friends, anyone?
>>
>>35614415
Been a year free from protein powder, it's awful
seems to be also pretty unhealthy
>>
im finally back into lifting after around 6 months off, and ive been going to the gym just like i did when i first started to lift, but im worried about my workouts, i feel like there might not be enough aux work
depending on the day obviously the aux work changes, but i dont know if I feel like im doing less because i just got started again or what
workout looks something like this
mon:
squat 4x12 (doing higher reps to get back into the swing of things, then will move back down to something like 5x5 or 5x3x1)
- goblet squat 4x10
- leg curl 4x10
dumbbell lunges back and forth across gym 3 times (about 20 feet or so
tues:
bench 4x10
- tricep pushdown 4x10
- lateral raises / front raises with dumbbell 4x12
- plate raises w/ 45 4x10
- easy bar curls w/ front grip (like if I was going to power clean, overhand or whatever) 3x10
- dumbbell shrugs 4x12
Thur:
front squat 4x12
- dumbbell step-ups 3x10
- dumbbell split squat 3x10
- leg curl 4x10
- russian deadlift 3x8
Fri:
OHP 3x10
- dumbbell bent over row 4x10
- low row 3x10
- lat pull down 3x10
- easy bar curls 4x10
- barbell shrugs 3x10
- barbell front raise 3x10

how does aux work look? I feel like the lower body days need some attention more than the upper body but i dont know. im still trying to figure out the best way to "get back into lifting"
>>
>>35614397
Buy frozen veggies and microwave them. Add seasoning and some parmesan/cheese of your choice on top.

1kg will have like 260 calories and be packed with nutrients. I always have a bowl of that sitting in the fridge to snack on some hearty broccoli/carrots/beans.
>>
>>35614747
never thought of that, and I also love cheese so you know me senpai
>>
>>35606719
>>35606719
well and how the hell do I know my sleep cycles and whentthey end?

is 8-10 hours the end of a sleep cycle? I can at least get 8 hours per night

I also have been feeling down which is why I'm going to bed late and can't sleep/don't feel like it.
Physically I feel great but mentally it's like I'm feeling like shit for some odd reason, it just came outta nowhere and doesn't make sense
>>
are potatoes enough good to be induced in my diet?

I'm thinking of having them during lunch or dinner.
>>
>>35614846
>>35614846
so from what I understood it's bad to sleep 8 hours or even 8 and half and sleeping 7 hours and half is better because its at the end of the sleep cycle?
>>
>>35614903
are you cutting or bulking? Are you NYR?
>>
>>35615086
Cutting
Lost 240 down to 189 before holidays but gained to 190 after holidays and started to lift.

Considering my 5 rep maxes I'm considered a novice

I've been sticking to a 1500 calorie diet but up the calories to be around 1800ish

just looking for foods that are cheap and easy to prepare because I really do not want to be on the uni shitty meal plan and lose all the hard work I have done.
>>
>>35615121
*Gained to 200 after holidays.
>>
>>35615121
I hear that. Cutting during college without a proper kitchen is tough. Try and see if there's someone who will let you use their kitchen.
>>
>>35614726
Quick notes:
Mon:
I feel that focusing on your regular squats and dropping the goblet squats is better, maybe add SLDLs to get hamstring flexibility back
Tues:
I feel like weighted Dips would feel at home at this day, maybe drop the silly amount of volume on all the extra shit you're doing to accommodate the more compound focused bench and dips
Thur:
12 rep front squat sets seem ridiculous to me, up the weight and lower the reps
Dumbbell steps ups/split squats don't have much use, just do leg curls or glute bridges or bb hip thrusts depending on what needs the extra volume
I assume russian deadlift means romanian deadlift, I don't see any actual deadlifting in this program so I say just do a regular deadlift or deficit deads instead
Fri:
Again this seems like a lot of volume for someone trying to get back into lifting. I would do OHP, A bent over OR seated row, and pulldowns OR actual weighted chins/pullups and forget the rest

It seems like you're trying to do a fuckton of volume and do a bunch of isolation stuff when you can get away with focusing on compounds which will go back up in weight fast as you rebuild your strength as opposed to all the isolation stuff which can be harder to keep up with progression on every little thing
>>
As your muscles grow does stuff like nerves and veins do as well?
>>
Recommended preworkout?

This smolov jr cycle is draining me, need a little extra energy.
>>
What are some good headphones for the gym? The rymemos broke after 3 weeks of use.
>>
Last week I would wake up every day with a really bad sore throat, but it would go away after about an hour of being awake.

This week, I've noticed a white coat with some yellow in it on my tongue. What is it? Should I be worried?
>>
>>35615268
A beginners strength gains will largely result from central nervous system adaptions. Your muscle fibers will contract more wholly and efficiently.
>>
>>35615142
There's a kitchen in my dorms but it's on the second floor

My main concern is preparing meals for several days that can fit inside a mini-fridge.

Should I prep meals for 4 days or for the week?
>>
I started SS, well kind of. I've been doing dumbell work for a couple months and lift shit at work all the time.

Anyway I put my bench together today and figured I'd do the 4 main lifts. It took like 5 minutes considering I only have 100 pounds (waiting for heavier weights in the mail and olympic barbell). Everything was really light and I was cleaning into a OHP casually. But anyway, I did squats after bench and everytime I did a squat there was a sharp almost pain in my lower back. The weight put no strain on my legs and I didn't feel it except in my back. I tried arching my back back and keeping it straight and it was the same thing

>tldr
>100 pounds of squats put a sharp almost pain in my lower back
>is that from bad form or something else
>>
>>35615268
Nerves don't grow in size but your central nervous system adapts and becomes more efficient in dealing with the stress of heavier and heavier weights, that adaptation is what allows very light powerlifters or olympic lifters with relatively smaller muscle mass to move huge weights
Veins are down to body fat and water retention as to how much they show up (vascularity) and genetics in their placement

>>35615277
In ear or over ear?

>>35615295
Brush your teeth, floss, and use mouth wash before sleeping, don't have anything besides water after that

>>35615335
Just do as much as can fit at one time, get stackable tupperware

>>35615371
First of all, squatting is the first exercise you should do on every day of SS, it warms you up for the following two. Also there are 5 main lifts in SS so I'm thinking you're doing some variation of the program and not the actual program. Also, most likely your form is messed up if you feel any sort of SHARP pain anywhere. Post a form check or watch this or both

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs_Ej32IYgo
>>
>>35615371
I did research on this and all that comes up is that hamstrings are tight and the common problem to solve this is stretches.
>>
>>35615423
both, it doesn't matter what kind of headphones I get as long as it doesn't break the bank.
>>
>>35615480
Koss has plenty of good on-ear options for 30-50 bucks (Portapro and Sportapro for comfort, KSC75 for clip ons that don't have a band that could snap)
AKG if you like bass focused phones, they have the K400 series (420-450) which have swivel cups (less likely to snap) and stretchy bands for 50 and up
>>
>>35615587
Thanks. Do you have any recommendations for in-ear headphones?
>>
>>35615667
Anything by Shure is great when it comes to iems
Other than that just find some by a recognizable name (Sony, Panasonic, Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic) at your price point that have a nib shape (round vs cone-like) that you find comfortable
>>
>>35615757
Cool. What about bluetooth headphones? I already have 3 broken pairs of headphones in 6 months.
>>
>>35615860
Jesus, maybe just be more careful with them, how are you breaking them?
I have no experience with bluetooth, I just have my phone in my pocket and iems and take them out when doing explosive movements
Maybe run the cord under your shirt or behind you if you keep snagging the cord, also there are headphones where the jack plugs into the can rather than being always attached so when you pull it pops out rather than yanking the phones off your head AKG and Audiotechnica often have that feature
>>
>>35616019
Sweat gets inside the headphone while cycling;they start to wear down after a month or two, or the batteries just stop working. Personally, I have a terrible experience with bluetooth headphones.
>>
I'm going to the gym tomorrow for the first time. Obviously going forward I should have a routine etc. But I dont have one yet.

So, with that in mind, what exercises are the easiest in terms of I won't duck up look like an idiot. Basically I just want to ease myself in in terms of complexity of the exercises. I think things with dumbbells are hard to duck up, but I imagine something like a deadlift you can easily mess up.

Essentially - what exercises can I do tomorrow that don't require too much knowledge of form etc.

Thanks lads
>>
>>35616241
Read the sticky you duck.
>>
>>35616241
Do all your exercises with almost no weight and just get used to feeling the muscle group you're supposed to be working. Once you're used to it getting your form right will become much easier
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.