[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zoodles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: zoodles.jpg (2MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
zoodles.jpg
2MB, 3888x2592px
>Been on a cut for about 2 months
>Mom loves to make pasta all the fucking time
>Turn down mom's pasta dishes 90% of the time
>Tell mom I'm watching what I eat and don't feel like counting my cals to deal with eating a heavy pasta dish
>Mom, being mom, decides to run out and get some Zoodle maker thing
>Gives it to me to help me on my diet

Anyone have experience with this thing? I've never heard of zoodles before. How do they taste?

I'm sort of nervous to try it out.
>>
>>35603507
Shredded courgettes taste a lot like zucchini
>>
I would at least try it for your mom's sake.

It's just zucchini.
>>
>>35603565
Never had zucchini before. I was just curious as to whether it could taste remotely like pasta.

>>35603540
No idea what courgettes or, nor how that helps me.
>>
>>35603507
They can be a bitch to clean, but they're great for a cut. A medium sized zuch is like a hundred calories and makes a decent sized plate of pasta. I like to make the pasta with a light Alfredo sauce and some shrimp.

>dat fiber
>dat protein
>dat flavor
>>
They are actually pretty damn good. Not as tasty as normal pasta, but they're better than most of the shitty gluten-free pastas. Try it for your mom
>>
>>35603591
>A medium sized zuch is like a hundred calories

Seriously? Good says it's only 33 calories.
>>
>>35603540
>>35603588
courgette is just the french word for zucchini
>>
Been thinking about getting a spiralizer for a few months.

Any good recipes that may motivate me to actually go out to Target and buy one?
>>
>>35603588
It does sort of taste like pasta
>>
>>35603507
Mirin your mom anon
>>
good old mom
>>
>>35603800
>>35603822
Yea, she's a pretty good listener even though she rarely sits still.

>>35603772
Thanks. I was thinking of maybe making a lomaine type dish with the zoodles. Guess that could work.
>>
>>35603723
I'm waiting on mine in the mail. My plan is to do half zoodles, half spaghetti and mix them. Then I can get lighter pasta but not miss out on dem carbs
>>
I have one. it's great.
>>
File: my noodles.jpg (58KB, 865x660px) Image search: [Google]
my noodles.jpg
58KB, 865x660px
I've tried both Zeroodles and Miracle Noodles; never liked them.

Attached pic is my dinner from a couple days ago.

I use "Fiber Gourmet - High Fiber Light Pasta - Penne":

One serving (dry 3/4 cup) is...

Calories 130, Fat 1 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 120 mg, Carbohydrate 42 g, Fiber 20 g, Sugar 2 g, Sugar Alcohol (Polyols) 0 g, Protein 7 g

So yeah, 42g of carb, but 20g of that is Fiber. That and it's hardly any calories. I enjoyed the fuck out of it.

Also: high five to the mom.
>>
>>35604101
Holy shit those raw red onions
>>
>>35604116
Just about everything I eat is raw. Everything tastes good to me as it naturally is. Never saw the appeal in dousing stuff with oil or frying it or anything.

Anyway, I can't imagine disappointment with Fiber Gourmet. They've got other shaped ones too if anyone was wondering.
>>
>>35603620
no, they are 2 different types of squash. zucchini is zucchini, courgette is courgette
>>
>>35603507
I have courgetti (eurofag) bolognese often
I prefer it to spaghetti - it doesn't sit heavy on your stomach and its delicious. Most of the flavour should come from the bolognese anon, so dont worry too much about the courgetti

>>35603591
They're definitely not that high in calories.

You need to shred one courgette for a meal and that amounts to ~35 calories - compared that to the same amount of spaghetti which is around 260 calories.
>>
>>35604195

same anon

also forgot to say you can use the cutter on all sorts of veg and you can be totally creative with your meals. I made a carrot hash brown the other day. I make the carrot-noodles, mixed in some fine cut onions and a few eggs, and made them into patties and fried them for my breakfast.
>>
>>35603615
Yeah no way it's more than 50 cals.
>>
>>35604174
No, they literally refer to the same thing.
>>
>>35604174
there are actually like 27 different types of squash dude.
>>
That was really nice of your mom. I hope you thanked her.
>>
Zoodles is the one good 'low carb alternative' there is.
They do, however, only have to be boiled for a couple of minutes.
>>
>>35603800
This, your mom seems supportive and cool
>>
That's nice of your mom OP

Hadn't heard of zucchini noodles but now curious, I do like zucchini
>>
>>35603507
>zoodles
as soon as I opened this thread and read around, I bought the tool to make this haha
>>
>>35603588
It tastes nothing like pasta. Use sauce or seasoning.
>>
>>35603507
Mom got me one too. Its the fucking best. There is mushroom noodles they sell them at Wal-Mart.
>>
>>35604829
Yeah, I fucked her w/o a condom.
>>
Got my wife the one that goes on a kitchenaid mixer.

Love zucchini noodles.
>>
>>35603800
2nd'd
>>
Buy SlimPasta

Tasted literally like noodles and has absolutely no calories
>>
>>35603507
Zucchini doesn't have a lot of flavor on its own, you have to season or sauce it.

Don't overcook them or they get soggy.

Squeeze out the excess water with a paper towel.

I used to eat them all the time, but now I got lazy and said fuck it , and just slice the zucchini in little disks , tastes the same
>>
>>35603507
I have one of these at home and use it all the time on zucchini, if you cook it correctly it can take the place of pasta... I mean, it's different but good in its own right and its hella better than grain pasta.

Look up some recipes, your mom is a bro
>>
>>35604101
>>35604161
cooking food predigests it and makes it more bioavailable.
cooking food is natural.
>>
>>35607409
I live in the US. From what I heard, that Slim Pasta stuff is UK only.
>>
I bought a dehydrator and make zucchini chips. They are pretty good.
>>
>>35603507
It tastes like fucking zucchini
>>
Just post your mom's number
>>
Dude try it for your mom's sake. And hell, at least every now and then eat her pasta dishes. Always eat your moms food anon, because if the rest of your diet is in check a meal here and there won't hurt you - especially if the rest of your diet is in check and even more so if you're willing to count calories around it. She'll be dead one day anon, and then you can never eat her pasta again. Enjoy it while you can, and make her feel good about it.
>>
>>35610181
This dude's right, listen to your mom
>>
File: 15806_2[1].jpg (111KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
15806_2[1].jpg
111KB, 800x800px
>>35603591
>They can be a bitch to clean

Strip/Julienne peeler is a cheap alternative that gives similar results and is easier to clean.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.