[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When do you think men will go back to being more masculine ie.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: black.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
black.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
When do you think men will go back to being more masculine ie. rugged, muscular, not skinny and feminine? Or is it a lost cause? To keep this fitness related, what are some good back exercises at home? I have a barbell with plates.
>inb4 rows
>>
>>35602381
After females start to physically abuse males

I cant think of anything but row
>>
>>35602427
fuck
>>
Honest answer? The media is at least partially to blame. As an example: film.

We no longer have the action heroes of the 1980s and early 90's such as Rambo, Conan and Die Hard (or peak Stallone, Arnie and Willis as stars). We have a generation of film makers that have grown with these films as reference, creating action heroes "closer to home" and older such as John Wick and The Equalizer, a cry out to say "I'm old but I've still got it". Most action heroes that don't fit that archetype are teenagers or young adults, think Catnis and post-reboot Spiderman.

There are some notable exceptions. Hugh Jackman is a great example, he looked swole as fuck in the last X-Men film. I'm a big fan of Christian Bale, from American Psycho through to the Batman films he's managed a decent physique to aspire to. Thor and Captain America are pretty big for superhero films, too.

But with all the films that come out now and the mass exposure they receive, even if we get the (literal) muscle in films, it never becomes as prevailant as the era of swole bastards in action films, when what you saw was what your culture made.

The other side of it is the demonisation of fitness and gym culture. Maybe this happened back in the day, but society has become less receptive to the gym. The equation of male gym goer = dumb meathead has never really gone away and has only been amplified by the buffoon dad archetype in television rising in popularity.

>will we ever return to it?
Probably not. Society is too geared towards narcisism and self-indulgence. Muscles, or rather the struggle for them, will become less idolised as the media continues to enforce that view point. It's a deep rooted issue with a lot of factors coming together to explain it, including the "manly" generation's proximity to the two world wars.

>back exercises at home
Bridges, mate. It seconds as a cool party trick, makes your spine flexible as fuck and is genuinely difficult without any weight.
>>
When percieved masculinity is not tied to unachievable geared up bullshit and the gays stop running the media machines.

But that's not going to happen. So most teens basically give up on most hollywood stuff and find their masculine virtue from the bottom bitch of the rich elites(litterally, they take dicks in the ass and throat to get ahead), the music industry faggots.

Used to have video games...but you know. Comoditization and demonization of real masculinity is a thing.
>>
>>35602860
>>35602902
>>35602938
thanks family
>>
>>35602860
>spidey is supposed to be a lanklet that's the character
>there were more skinny or unnatractive people in the media back in the day and people in general since they didn't fucking lift and had a worse nutrition.
>>
You are fetishizing the past. We are living in the age of the most gym goers. Back then men weren't muscular and rugged because they wanted to but because there was little opportunity to not be so, life was harder and shorter. People from nowadays are the same as people from then, they are shaped by their activities.

>>35602860
>>35602938

>the media is at fault and should be changed to fit my narative

Go back to tumblr you pieces of shit
>>
>>35603138
We're talking about media you fucking retard.
If media isn't at fault for what they show then who is?

OH NOES PLEASE DON'T SPEAK ILL OF THE MEDIA
PLEASE LEAVE THE MEDIA ALONE!!
>>
>>35603194

>We're talking about media you fucking retard.
No. OP never mentioned media, you faggots bought it up

can't you see you are the same as feminists who cry about the women?

How the fck is media at fault when we have The Rock staring all the time in movies you fucking retarded piece of shit moron
>>
>>35602860

Believe it or not, being muscular was not associated with being manly back in the 1940s. My grandfather is a farmer from North Dakota who lived during that time period, he never got why people went to the gym.

Might have just been because they did not have time to train. Or it could just be more than masculinity was measured by your grit moreso than physique.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIcBhKzPvUY&user=AasgaardCo
>>
>>35602860
I'm an old cunt, so I grew up watching 80s and 90s action movies, cartoons and wrestling.
Back when if you didn't look like you were doing roids, you didn't look like a man.

A common thing I hear out of younger friends is that a lot of the over-masculine shit from back then is "pretty gay".
This is even from a guy who sucks cock, and watches anime.

I know that the roided up shit of my early childhood isn't the same thing as real rugged manliness, but I think we've got a generation who is more scared of being thought of as homoerotic, than they are of being homosexual.

Will it return? Not unless we can convince a bunch of faggy hipsters that bodybuilding is cool and retro.

Good back exercises? Grab something to lay across, and do these with your largest possible plate in place of a dumbbell.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/straight-arm-dumbbell-pullover

Or with a loaded barbell if your plates are too light.
>>
>>35603239
>>35603138
>fetishizing the past
Gives you away right there. Love the new meme of tumblr posters accusing other people of being tumblr or "just like tumblr XDXD"
>>
You're glorifying the past, m8. And to the anons who blame the media, that's a load of shit too. The media has always been portraying muscles and self reliance as ideal masculine qualities, watch any action movie made ever, any video game, any commercial targeted at men, male ideals haven't changed much. Since the internet, people have been able to select what sort of media they consume and from what sources. It makes it very easy to view the media from a very narrow lens and get a lot of that content, making it look like that subculture represents much more of the population than it really does. If you browse sites like tumblr and buzzfeed, and only follow certain facebook/instagram pages, it may look like the whole world is going in that direction, but that's only because you have blinded yourself to any other perspective. Get off 4chan for a change, bud. You will be surprised how little influence hyper-liberal demasculinization has had in the broad scope
>>
Here's the thing OP, men become rugged and masculine when their surroundings require them to be. When life is hard, men become hard.

What hard men want is a better world where their children won't have to go through the same hardships.

You now live in a world where things are relatively peaceful and easy. And instead of being grateful to the men of the past and enjoying life, you want to make the world a shittier place so you can look in the mirror, flex your pecs, scowl at yourself, and feel cool about how "hard" you are. Fake drama for your own ego.

If you have that kind of fixation on masculinity, you'll never be a man. Just a child trying to be like the tough guy he saw in a movie.
>>
>>35602381
Men were never more rugged and masculine, it was just cultural. Plenty of tribal societies had no such divisions of gender. The women would hunt with the men, and the men would look after kids and be as tender as the women.

It was never natural, just emotionally stunting and scarring for men to pretend for centuries to have no emotions.
>>
>>35603728

>If you have that kind of fixation on masculinity, you'll never be a man. Just a child trying to be like the tough guy he saw in a movie.

>he thinks man in the past didn't had a fixation about masculinity when they did their rugged acts

ayyyyyy
>>
Honestly , threads like these are gayer than Husbando threads. it's so beta to care about appearing masculine or wanting to influence masculinity on others . small dicked truck drivers
>>
Thanks for all of your answers! Just trying to stir up some debate.
>>35603728
Good response, but
>you want to make the world a shittier place so you can look in the mirror, flex your pecs
I'm not too big and don't on it, just curious my nigga.
>>35603744
As correct as you are, I believe how ironic it is how current society shits on men yet need them. How women are more catered to but when shit goes to hell men are looked at for decision making,
>>
>>35603826
>small dicked truck drivers
excuse me family
>>
File: image026[1].jpg (123KB, 900x603px) Image search: [Google]
image026[1].jpg
123KB, 900x603px
>>35603806

>This is gonna be so manly
>Take a picture so I can put it on instagram later

>#justmanlythings
>>
>>35603806

not that guy but I back him completely. You seriously think a guy in the past was chopping wood to look masculine to other people as opposed to make fire for his family?

Masculinity is also not limited to physical aspect. It's character and what they provide to society. Revolutionaries, artist, scientist, leaders, those are people we look up to as real men. Anyone who does anything for the approval of others won't surmount to anything
>>
File: 1426364538268.gif (4MB, 347x244px) Image search: [Google]
1426364538268.gif
4MB, 347x244px
>>35603826
>small dicked truck drivers

I think the fact that you felt it necessary to add a penis-centric insult, while making the assertion that these threads are "gay", as well as claiming that it's "beta" to discuss some aspect of masculinity says everything we need to know about you buddy.
>>
>>35603932

I think the fact you felt it necessary to add literal meme manlet while trying to refute my sound logic says you are small limp dicked , manlet try hard ;)
>>
>>35603896
>artist
I paint and sell them. I'm pretty short and skinny and muscular dudes who are taller always try to scare me or some shit. Some guy's girlfriend actually bought my painting then I fucked her
>>
>>35603951
wow so rekt
>>
File: 1423045195737.jpg (157KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
1423045195737.jpg
157KB, 644x644px
>>35603951
>refute my sound logic

Boy I bet you tilted that fedora with such a sense of accomplishment after that one.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.