I can't, fuck it. I've got my 1st gym workout under my belt and it's not that bad, but that fucking diet is killing me.
1. 3 eggs, glass of milk with half glass of porridge, banana
2. Canned mackerel fillets in tomato sauce, 2 slices of whole grain rye bread with 100g cottage cheese, banana
3. 100g chicken breast from the oven with 50g of white rice (around 150g after boiling) and salat made of tomato, cucumber and natural youghurt
And that's it. I should have eat 3 more meals, but I am out already on just my 3rd meal. It's fucking plain it's killing me. I feel like am I going to puke any moment.
Anyone else struggles with this too?
Don't worry, you and the rest of the NYRs are all in the same boat.
I'd recommend starting w smaller meals and getting 6 in. Eventually your appetite will pick up and you can add more cals.
Are you trying to gain or lose weight?
wtf, i don't follow any "diet" per se. I don't drink protein or anything else. I just eat at least 2 big meals a day with decent macros. Today i had chicken with pesto and pasta and mixed it with some frozen wok-vegetables (cooked with some garlic butter)
for lunch i had Boeuf bourgignon which i make huge portions of in a slow cooker and freeze. With potatoes and some sallad for texture.
And for breakfast i usually have bread/oatmeal with 2 boiled eggs, peanutbutter and coffe.
I only drink water.
You don't have to eat bland food (even though some people chose to since it's cheap and easy). Eat healthy homecooked meals(its worth the time) and make sure you don't drown things with sauces, dressings and caloriedense drinks.
Bro, the amount of meals don't matter. It is whatever works for you. Just make sure you get your calories.
My friend is fucking big and shredded (6'5, 260, rower for Berkeley). He eats 2 meals a day. One is very small in the morning one is really big at night.
For me lots of smaller meals work better.
Figure out what works for you.
1) Don't go all in on the first day. Make incremental changes. Try an extra 200 cal per day the first week, an extra 400 the next, etc. (or an extra meal/snack the 1st week, 2 extra the next). Also don't try to swap out all your regular meals for "healthy" ones right away. Do it slowly so that each change becomes habit, then you change something else.
2) >>35603260 is right. When I bulk I usually just have breakfast, lunch, dinner, some snacks during the day, and brotein shakes. As long as you get enough calories and hit your macros you'll be fine.
I feel ya
I had to down 300g rice last night because I lacked calories
It's hard but I'm sure it will get better, OP. We're in this together breh
Don't eat cottage cheese, canned mackerel and chicken breast if you can't gain weight, man. Those are bodybuilding cutting food, or at most food for regular people, not skeletons trying to gain weight. Protein makes you very satiated.
Skip the chicken breast, skip the cottage cheese and skip the canned mackerel. Eat lots of fatty beef, bacon and eggs fried in lots of butter. Eat rice with every meal and add olive oil or even butter to the boiling water. If you really like chicken eat thighs WITH the skin. If you like fish eat fatty ones like Salmon and stay away from lean ones like canned tuna or mackerel. Instead of cottage cheese on the sandwiches spread on more butter and thick cheese slices with cold cuts. And don't forget to drink whole milk to EVERY meal. You could even make that chocolate milk.
Also treat eating like the gym and use a linear progression. A little bit larger portions every day. Don't eat "bodybuilding diets" but find foods that are packed with fats and a moderate protein amount. It's so sad hearing dyels forcing down chicken breasts trying to gain weight.
If you eat strict Paleo you can eat as much as you want without risking weight gain.
Green beans and broccoli do not make you gain weight. Foods like these give you an indication of when you are full.
Poptarts on the other hand...
You can do it anon! try spreading your meals out farther apart. Move some of the meal foods like the bananas in between meals as snacks. that way your stomach isn't too full all at once. I was in your shoes when I first started. You can do it anon. Just remember, it's mind over matter, if you don't mind the pain, then the pain doesn't matter.