[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard is it to lose weight without losing muscle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Hello there /fit/.
I'm 5'8", 172 lbs (174 cm, 78 kg)
I'm about to start going to the gym.

Last year I dropped over 30 pounds in 4-6 months. I regained most of that by now, in fat.
At my lowest weight I realized that I didn't have any muscle on (people kept asking if I'm sick).
I didn't have much muscle before losing this weight, but I certainly lost much of it during this diet.

So my question is, after I bulk up for a couple months, will losing weight be as tiring as it was before?
During my diet I would feel tired all the time due to the caloric deficit.
What's the typical caloric deficit you can get while cutting and still maintain normal functionality in life?
Also should I keep the bulk/cut cycles short, ie a couple of weeks, or long, ie a couple of months?
>>
>no replier

pretty rude t.b.h
>>
fug brah you shouldn't feel tired, not the best way to do it.

currently just bulk and lift as intense as you can, follow a powerlifting routine and mix it up with some hypertrophy stuff, don't worry about cutting yet.

what's your body fat% and lean body mass?

what i did was bulk for a whole year not just couple months, made me gain 5kg of muscle (and a ton of fat).
it's easier that way.

hopefully any of that helps.
>>
>>35598395
Troll/10
Op, just read the fucking sticky.
>>
File: 1447411637703.jpg (13KB, 271x277px) Image search: [Google]
1447411637703.jpg
13KB, 271x277px
post pics for evaluation
>>
>>35598401
how the hell is that a troll
>>
>>35598291
I'm 172cm, 75kg so same ballpark.
I don't have any muscle by /fit/ standards, but above average by normie standards (I can do 7 pull ups).
I'm cutting at 500 to 1000 below TDEE right now and progressing both on my running and my lifting.
How high your TDEE is matters. You'll feel better eating more and doing cardio+lifting than you will eating less and only lifting.
>>
>>35598490
dude that's way too low
i mean if it's working for you then alright but it's not the suggested option.
>>
>>35598490
I see.

I was going 700-1000 below as well, but I was not active at all (just sitting in a chair all day).

I guess that exercise (lifting/cardio) and better nutrition will makes this easier.

>>35598515
less than 500?
that's like pulling a band aid extremely slowly.
>>
>>35598291
per lbs of fat your body can draw about 31 kcal from it per day. surpass this deficit and you will lose muscle.

Means:
estimate body fat percentage
calculate lbs of body fat
multiply by 31
you now know your maximum daily calorie deficit
>>
>>35598632
I've read this a couple times now.
Any source on that?
>>
>>35598822
sounds like a meme.
the deficit it gives is almost as high as BMR.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.