[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me /fit/ Lately I've been having trouble sleeping,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: BrO0TQGCMAILw_J.jpg (38KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
BrO0TQGCMAILw_J.jpg
38KB, 498x750px
Help me /fit/
Lately I've been having trouble sleeping, on rest days I can usually fall asleep but on the days that I lift I can't sleep if my life depends on it
I just woke up from yesterdays chest workout and I feel like shit, I'm worried that It's going to effect my gains
>>
that ass is criminal, fuck life and fuck being a sub 5 white male
>>
>>35597028
brehs
>>
>>35597056
bruh im sorry
>>
>>35597056
>>35597072
>>35597079
Focus people
>>
>>35597056
probs a shop
>>
At what time of the day do you train? Try going earlier if you train late at night.
If that's not the problem, take a long walk 2h before bed. At least 30min long.
And of course no tv or computer late at night.
>>
>>35597843
I was gonna ask this....

OP, when I played football in the evenings I always had trouble falling asleep that night. If you're training at night either change to an earlier time or just accept it and suck it up.
>>
>>35597843
>>35597866
I usually train in the mid to late afternoon, so when I come home I still have at least a few hours before bed
Although right before I go to sleep I'm still on the computer, so I might tryto lay off of it, see if that works
>>
>>35599432
Try lifting in the morning, its better for your metabolism anyway (unless you eat a whole bunch of casein before bed).
Also, limit your exposure to screens when you're nearing dream time. Try reading a book or something else productive. The general rule is no screens 4 hours before sleep, but 2 hours will see vast improvement
>>
>>35597866
At some cushy ivy league school?
>>
>>35597028
FATIGUE
A
T
I
G
U
E

deload or rest week time m8
>>
Melatonin and zinc shortly before bed time. You'll sleep great and wake up feeling great
>>
>>35599432

Ideally you should have at least 3-4 hours between working out and going to bed.

Cutting out the blue light will help but does not explain why there is a difference between lifting and resting days (assuming that you also use the computer before bed on resting days).

My advice would be to make sure you eat some protein (cottage cheese, yoghurt, stuff like that) before going to bed and make sure there is enough time between working out and going to bed. Try working out in the morning or in the beginning of the afternoon and see if that has an effect on sleep quality. You could also use a heart rate monitor and see if there is a difference between your heart rate on days you lift and days you don't (measure right before going to bed).

A rest week like someone suggested might also be benificial.
>>
>>35597056
>fuck being a white male
I wonder who is behind this post
>>
>>35597592
yeah you need to sleep breh, get some ambien or try the natty way by reading 30mins in bed with no glowing screens around you
>>
>>35599480
I've just started lifting again after a 3 week break, so overtraining clearly isn't the reason
>>
File: Tryptophan_metabolism.svg.png (40KB, 413x600px) Image search: [Google]
Tryptophan_metabolism.svg.png
40KB, 413x600px
>>35600066
An alternative to melatonin is tryptophan.
>>
>>35603546
Most people don't have the enzyme that concerts serotonin to melatonin
>>
>>35603607
>[source not provided]
>>
>>35597028

sleep issues well known phenomena when overtrained.
>>
>>35597028
youre most likely training too late in the evening. If i finish my work out later than 8 I cant fall asleep til at least 1 am
>>
Having the same problem as OP. I've read a bit about ZMA, has anyone had any success with it?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.