[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QUINOA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: cooked.__._uncooked_(590x348)__.jpg (79KB, 590x348px) Image search: [Google]
cooked.__._uncooked_(590x348)__.jpg
79KB, 590x348px
So I got a bag of quinoa, and it ain't bad. It does, however, taste a little bland, like oatmeal, which isn't to say it's bad, but it might be more interesting if I prepared it differently.

How do you eat quinoa? Also, is it as "super-foody" as people say it is? Worth the money to buy?
>>
>>35595835
I like mine cooked with a little salt and parmesan.

Is it really that hard to google "quinoa recipes"?
>>
>>35595835
It's expensive oats, basically. Save yourself the money and eat the oats.
>>
>>35595940
>Is it really that hard to google "quinoa recipes"?
I did. I'm just wondering what I should do from people who already ate them.
>>
>>35595961
You do know that most recipe sites have reviews of the recipes, right?
>>
I cook mine work garlic, salt and pepper throw in a bag of frozen vegetables while it's cooking then throw some shredded chicken on top. It's tits.

Just gotta make sure you pre rinse that stuff or if can taste bitter or like dirt.
>>
>How do you eat quinoa? Also, is it as "super-foody" as people say it is? Worth the money to buy?
Like shit tasting rice. No. No.
>>
>>35596093

Also to add to this it's suppose to be the only "complete" plant protein source. How true that is I don't know. I'm not paid to do science.
>>
>>35595835
However you'd use rice, you can use quinoa. I like it with rosemary and olive oil, sometimes with garlic. You might also like couscous, OP.
>>
>>35596143
Does it taste anything like the porridge from semolina? I love that shit so much
>>
File: popped-and-unpopped-amaranth[1].jpg (65KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
popped-and-unpopped-amaranth[1].jpg
65KB, 640x425px
>>35595835

>Also, is it as "super-foody" as people say it is? Worth the money to buy?

I don't think it's worth the money, atleast not if you plan on eating it often. As a whole grain (psuedocereal, whatever) it's good for you, but it's not necessarily better than cheaper grains like oats or barley.

You should also try Amaranth if you can find it near you. It's similar to quinoa but a fraction of the price. Works great as an alternative to oats in the morning. Pop them in a hot pan a little at a time, then add milk and something sweet like raisins, dates, or banana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WV-V-ozPaM

I love that shit. Only takes a few minutes to make too.
>>
I cook them up in some margarine and top that off with some maple syrup/ brown sugar
>>
This is how I make mine, turns out pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11p0y9z1XOU
>>
File: 1451967059216.jpg (95KB, 486x658px) Image search: [Google]
1451967059216.jpg
95KB, 486x658px
>>35595835
>cooks plain quinoa
>eats plain quinoa
>expects it to have flavor with no seasonings
>>
>>35596351
wtf is this, cooking with jim jarmusch?
>>
>>35597086
No, it's David Lynch. It's from the inland empire extras disk. I actually used to make this. Is bretty good
>>
>>35595835
TUMERIC CILANTRO TUMERIC CILANTRO TUMERIC CILANTRO TUMERIC CILANTRO TUMERIC CILANTRO TUMERIC CILANTRO TUMERIC CILANTRO TUMERIC CILANTRO TUMERIC CILANTRO TUMERIC CILANTRO TUMERIC CILANTRO TUMERIC CILANTRO TUMERIC CILANTRO TUMERIC CILANTRO TUMERIC CILANTRO TUMERIC CILANTRO TUMERIC CILANTRO TUMERIC CILANTRO TUMERIC CILANTRO TUMERIC CILANTRO
>>
>>35595835
Dude add cinammon and brown sugar for a good breakfast
>>
>>35595961
i'mma bet you, just a little mind you, that recipe sites have probably eaten said recipe at least once or twice.
>>
>>35595835
It's got a better distribution of essential macros than rice, but you can't eat it like rice, as a side all to itself.

Add it as an ingredient to other foods for the calories and nutrition. I like to add some to the pan when I make stews. I also make this whhhicked kale salad that I add quinoa to.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.