[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 22

File: image.jpg (82KB, 827x624px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 827x624px
Are back extensions needed in this SS variant?
>>
Reposting from previous thread that died

260 lbs 6'3'' here

I've been going to the gym for about 2 months now but only just started squatting. I put on light weight to get used to it (60 kg) and i'm doing it properly i think(or at least trying to) but i don't feel any burn in my legs like when i'm doing lunges for example. Should i put on more? The bar is really uncomfortable on my back when i put on heavier weight tho.
>>
>>35590416
They're helpful. Necessary is questionable. Extensions should give you both strength and safety(!) while deadlifting and squatting heavy ass weights.

My query: what are the benefits to farmer walks as compared to stationary/static weight holding?
>>
Been doing SL 5x5 for a while. Lately Ive been adding weight only once a week so once every 3 sessions and not everytime like when I started because I just cant. It's still under SL 5x5 rules though its just closer to failure. Im not quite yet 1/2/3/4 pl8 but still heavy enough from the broscientists to be jelous. Pretty sure Im eating right. Does this mean Im an intermediate? Should I switch program, do exactly the same Ive been doing or tweak a little things like maybe 3x5 and do bench before squat since it's behind??
>>
>>35590467
Bumping for interest. 170 5'8" here, holding the bar on my back hurts past lmao1pl8. Are zercher squats a good alternative?
>>
>>35590616
Correcting your form and not being a weak shit is the best alternative.
>>
>>35590616
Are you sure you have it on the right part of your back?
>>
>>35590574
You have to stabilize a little more with the motion, though it is probably negligible. Other than that there is very little difference.
>>
>>35590605
You change program at around 3.5 or 4pl8 deadlift. Or just when you've been stuck on the same weight for a long as time even after deloading three times and you already do at the very least 3pl8 deadlift.
>>
what's the best way to swim from the top of the pool to the bottom and to get back to the surface?
>>
>>35590849
Doggystyle
>>
>>35590616
>guise, supporting the bar with my entire skeleton hurts, should i hold it with my elbows instead?
>>
File: XbsMMJU.jpg (81KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
XbsMMJU.jpg
81KB, 547x465px
If I do pic related but replace the chin ups with more barbell rows, am I working my back too much compared to the rest of my body? I feel like rowing every day combined with deadlifts will put me out of proportion and I need to do something that targets biceps more instead. What should I replace them with instead? (Preferably an exercise involving a barbell)
>>
>>35591050
ignore the curls/skullcrushers bit, that's not supposed to be there
>>
>>35590849
Is it possible to maintain strength with only one workout session a week? I'm hoping to be recommended a routine that is somewhere around 1-1.5hrs long. I'm definitely eating good, so I'm set on that aspect.

Full time student/part time worker to anyone wondering.
>>
>>35590467
You'll get used to it. Stop being a pussy.
>>
>>35590849
Stop being so fat that you float. Or buy a dive belt.
>>
>>35591266
Yes. You'll make faster progress as a noob if you workout 3x a week, though.
>>
how do you eat so much fucking proteins at diet?
2 g / body kg

shot me please
>>
>>35591050
The reason you do chins and barbell rows is so you work pulling in both the horizontal and vertical planes.

Also:
>wanting to replace chins with barbell rows for biceps

costanza.jpg
>>
Whats a slow release protein powder that's not casein? I can't have very much dairy or I shit myself.
>>
>>35591383
*shoot, my bad
>>
>>35591383
1.2-1.7 g per kg of lean mass, according to Tipton. Easy to do if you're an athlete maintaining on 4000+ kcals a day.

>>35591398
You don't need "slow release" protein. You're better off spending your money on steroids, where you'll actually see a difference in results.
>>
>>35591435
oh, by diet i meant losing fat, so you need more proteins and 1500-1700 kcal a day
>>
I've started lifting again and ate some carbs. I feel like Ive put on 6 pounds in a week. Is this normal? I feel super fat and have no idea whats going on
>>
>>35591457
1509-1700 kcal is 375-425 g of protein. What's the problem?

>>35591469
Water weight. You store as much as 20 lbs of glycogen and water in your liver and muscles.
>>
>>35591384
no I'm not doing rows for biceps, that's why I'm asking what else I should do.
>>
>>35591516
Do chins.
>>
>>35591497
Should i be trying to shed this water weight while lifting or is it basically pointless?
>>
>>35591540
It's fuel for lifting. If you decide to go back to low carb, you'll piss it out in a couple days. Don't worry about it.
>>
Feel like shit lowbar squatting after only 1 day of rest. Can only do 1 set and my form falls apart on the last 2. got decent enough sleep and ate enough food. Been stuck at a 185lbs squat for 2 weeks and my form is still shit. Weight always goes on my toes in later reps. Lowbar feels ridiculously unnatural for me. Is this normal for SS?

I'm thinking of trying something new like switching to highbar squats, which I can do more naturally, or taking an extra rest day.
>>
>>35591682
You're getting to the point where you need to learn how to transition to an intermediate program.

Look into the "Advanced Novice" version of SS. The big change is you'll be doing front squats for sets of 3 on Wednesday. That'll get you some more rest but keep you in the gym so your other lifts don't lag.
>>
I take methylphenidate and it makes me lose my appetite. I never feel like I need to eat anything at all regardless of how long it's been since I ate. Will eating at a 1000-1500 kcal deficit fuck me up?
>>
>>35592219
Are you trying to loose weight?
>>
>>35592219
Common side effect of that drug. Make sure you get adequate kcals per day for your goal.
>>
What to do about tennis elbow? Doc says "no liftan." How do I make it better faster?
>>
>>35590416

Dude I was skeptical with the exensions thinking they're bullshit or something. But when I did them my deadlift actually went up. They don't take long to do and they aren't hard, since they're an assistance exercise. Try them for two weeks before judging.
>>
>>35592233
Yeah but I don't want to lose an unhealthy amount or fuck up my health
>>
Anyone wanna rate my routine?
6'0 220 only been lifting since September 22nd, down from 267 since then still trying to cut weight though.

PPL switched to PLP

7 day week looking like this with cardio instead of a rest day

pull
Legs
push
cardio
Pull
legs
push

PULL DAY
Back/biceps

Seated rows
Face pulls
Lat pull down
Close grip lat pull down
Db burnouts hammer curl
Bicep Curls machine
Barbell curl
Preacher curl
PUSH DAY
Chest /Triceps/Shoulders

Incline
Decline
Flat bench
Pectoral fly
Shoulder hammer strength machine
OHP
Delt raises
Tricep pull downs
C: Legs

squats
Leg Press
Leg Extensions
Hamstring Curls
Seated Calf Raises
Back extensions
>>
>>35592352
Then don't lose too much weight. When you get to your goal, just start eating enough to maintain your weight.
>>
>>35592389
2/10

Too complicated, too many exercises.

Read the sticky.
>>
What's the consensus about necessary protein on a bulk? I've heard 1g/lb of body weight, 1 g/lb of lean mass, and stuff in between
>>
Could someone please explain daily weight fluctuations to me? I sometimes fluctuate up to 2lbs in only an hour (8 or so throughout the day), even if I didn't drink any water or eat food in that hour. How is it possible to gain 2lbs without ingesting anything? This seems to defy the laws of physics. I want to blame the scale, but it did the same thing at the physician's office and their scale is expensive and has calibration records.
>>
>>35592427
>too complicated

It's a bodybuilding routine for aesthetics now compound strength
>>
>>35592455
1.2-1.7 g per kg of lean mass + adequate kcals. Per Tipton.

>>35592482
The scale can be off by 10 lbs+ depending on how fat you are and how you stand on it. Stop weighing yourself so damned much. Once a week is plenty.

>>35592488
You're not on roids. And you're apparently an idiot. Fuck off and read the sticky.
>>
With t-bar rows should i be parallel to the floor or should I be at 45 or another angle? I see it done in loads of different ways and i heard upright is more traps so is lower more back? Thanks
>>
>>35592389

Do you also do cardio on training days other than leg day? It doesn't do much good to get all of your cardio in one day. Try doing 20-30 minutes each day in the morning before you eat.
>>
>>35592521
Parallel is mostly lower traps and lats and erectors. Perpendicular is nearly all upper traps. The closer you get to one end, the more you load those muscles.

The more upright you are, the easier it is to do low reps and heavy weight.

I prefer back parallel to the ground for sets of 8.
>>
>>35592519

There isn't that much margin of error on a physician's scale. They even have footprint markers that you stand the same each time. If what you said was even remotely true, weight classes in sports wouldn't be viable as someone could easily be 10 pounds heavier or lighter than they are being weighed in at and their opponent could be 20 pounds different than they are.

Once a week is definitely not enough when you are trying to tune in your nutrition. Only once you have it locked down.
>>
I tried doing farmer walks with dumbells today. However the dumbells tend to tilt in my hand and dig themselves into my wrist when I start to walk. Any tips for grip?
>>
How do I know if a belt is good or not? Can it be 10mm thick or more and still be bad? Ill buy from Amazon and I dont know the brands.
>>
>>35592519
Thats .54-.77 g/lb, that is way lower than I've ever read
>>
>>35592561

You either have an eating disorder or are on your way to one. See a therapist.
>>
>>35592596

So? I'm not trying to sell you protein supplements.
>>
>>35592534
I do fifteen minutes of cardio after my weight lifting days legs and upperbody but I can't just have a rest day, I'm 20 and full of energy and hate sitting on my ass
>>
Calories burned through exercise should be added onto the TDEE correct? Say if you want a surplus of 500 and your TDEE is 2700. You burn 300 lifting, so therefore you would want 3500 kcal?
>>
>>35592596
Super high protein diets are less effective than protein timing and composition, which is nearly useless.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14971434
>>
6ft 1 inch, 102kg lifting seriously for first time aside from dumbbells at home. Is 80kg a realistic goal weight of I want to be improving strength while cutting.
>>
I just had a moment where i over ate about 30 min ago. But then i calculated it and was still under my goal of kcal for today.
I ate the following:
200 g chicken mince
200 g wholegrain pasta
200 g pasta sauce
2 medium tomatoes
1 large onion
This meal was 1,209 kcal 177 carbs and 22 fat 67 potein and only 17 sugar and i added some extra salt to the pasta water so about 1600 in sodium.

I feel kinda confused and i don't know if i should feel bad anymore. At least i'm not hungry anymore after pigging this meal down.
>>
>>35592696
No. Calories burned during exercise are the total kcals for that time. You'll need to subtract off the fraction of your BMR for that time as well. Yes it's stupid complicated for no good reason.

>>35592678
>I wanna exercise in a non-productive way because I have energy

Yeah, that's reasonable.

>>35592711
>improving strength while cutting

This is in itself not a reasonable goal past the first month of noobdom.

>>35592745
You're fine.
>>
what is some decent fast food for when you run out of groceries and don't feel like going shopping until the next day?
>>
>>35592771
Order of importance:

kcals > protein > other macros >> everything else

As long as the kcals are okay and you don't do it too often, don't worry about getting fast food.
>>
>>35592770
I was under the impression that your BMR is the baseline amount of calories that your body will burn with no added exercise. Is the "activity" section here accounting for specific exercise or just added baseline calories burned. Essentially what I'm asking is if I need to eat more on day's that I go to the gym in order to hit a surplus accurately.
>>
>>35592770
That seems fair. Would I be better off cutting to my goal and then start a bulk cut cycle or just eating at maintenance and going as normal, would I still be able to make some gains or lose some bf at maintenance?
>>
any thoughts about this modified SS? it was from the sticky on the fitness blog and i added some accessories.
A: B:
3x5 squat 3x5 squat
3x5 bench 3x5 OHP
1x5 dead 3x5 pendlay row
2x8 bench dips 2x8 chinups
3x8 incline DB bench 3x8 lateral raise

also curls and skullcrushers on friday, also can i temporarily replace chin ups with lat pulldown machine? i dont like the assist machine that much as i cant do a proper one yet.
>>
>>35592819

Sorry, I misspoke. It should be your sedentary TDEE not your BMR there that you need to subtract. E.g. if you burned 500 kcals in an hour and your sedentary TDEE is 2400 kcals (to make the math easy), you actually burned 400 additional kcals in that hour.

No, you don't need to eat more on days you go to the gym than on the days you don't. Just eat more overall.

>>35592844
If you try to do too much, you'll make some gains from where you are cutting, but you'll stall fast and you'll get frustrated. Better to cut and just fart around in the gym at moderate weights and reps and learn the exercises and not worry about serious gains.

>>35592876
Why do you think you need bench dips and bench and incline bench and lateral raise on a noob progam?

A: B:
3x5 squat 3x5 squat
3x5 bench 3x5 OHP
1x5 dead 3x5 back extensions
3xF chin ups 3xF pull ups
curls and skull crushers on Friday if you must

the rows and chins and presses will be fine for your chest/delts until progress stops and you need an intermediate program, I promise.
>>
i'm 23 and a virgin. Getting some gains have made me more attractive to girls apparently, even if that wasnt the main goal doing this.
I think i'm going to have my first sexual expirience very soon. Do i tell her that i'm a virgin or do i play it cool ?
>>
>>35593004
Tell her. Sensitive and /fit/ is a good combination.
>>
When I'm coming back from a shoulder injury, should I stretch everyday or just let it rest?
>>
>>35593004
Bring a three pack of condoms and some dental dams. That's important.

>>35593045
Move it through full range of motion under no weight if possible. Repeat for a lot of reps. If you can't do the full ROM, that's fine, just don't cheat because you could learn bad habits that could be hard to get rid of later.
>>
should i just stick to unweighted squats until i can do them comfortably? for SS
>>
>>35593027
This shit makes me really nervous
>>35593083
Really ? I would think that everyone were on the pill these days.
>>
Do any of you brahs use?

I have a rest day every wednesday, and i enjoy using opiates once after work only on that day, i work in a manual labor job during the day so i dont really get time to rest but in the afternoon i like extracting (removing paracetamol from the mix) probably only 90mg of codeine and just chilling the fuck out with maybe 1 beer

I dont want to drink too much alcohol due to calories and the fact its poison, and i cant smoke weed because drug test, obviously its not ideal but im only human

What do you guys think? Is there better alternatives?
>>
>>35593104
No. Elevate your heels. Get lifting shoes with heels as soon as possible.

>>35593106
STDs, dumbass. And not everyone is on the pill.

>>35593119
Opiates are better for you than booze. Might be worth looking into moving somewhere weed is legal. Shitty thing if you get stuck with a felony prison sentence for wanting to chill out a bit.
>>
>>35593147
Im an ausfag, so nowhere here is legal

Besides that doesnt concern me its just the industry i work in (construction/field service) doesnt permit me to fail a drug test under any circumstance
>>
>>35593147
man i would buy some lifting shoes but i feel like since im new to lifting(1 week) I shouldn't go out and buy anything like that

it's so fucking hard for me to do a squat with the bar

like i barely get 1 rep if that because im sure my form is shit
>>
>>35593195
If codeine is legal there, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Oh, and don't get involved in weed legalization activism if you're doing anything illegal.

>>35593202
Put your heels on some small weight plates for now. It'll be mostly fine as long as you don't squat too near your limit.
>>
>>35593278
>Put your heels on some small weight plates for now
got it, going to try this out during my next workout
>>
reading about adipose tissue, it seems like it doesn't go away once your body makes it. so when I'm bulking and eating a caloric excess, and i start to see that i'm also getting more fat, should i reduce my intake by a tiny bit?

supposedly having more adipose tissue makes it easier to get fat, and while I'm not tryna be shredded, i also don't want love handles and shit
>>
>>35593335
If you're getting too fat too fast, yes, slow your bulk a bit. But you should be putting on some fat during your bulk.

You don't really gain or lose fat cells, it turns out. And having a small number of fat cells puts you at greater risk of diabetes at lower levels of bodyfat.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/05/health/research/05fat.html
>>
I think I sprained my wrist. Can't bend it more than slightly in any direction or make a fist without significant pain. How long does it take to heal? If I eat at maintenance, how long can I go before I start to lose muscle/strength?
>>
>>35593456
You should see a doctor. Seriously. You could have broken it.

Your first concern should not be your loss of gains. They'll come back a lot faster the second time around.
>>
>>35593401
>>35593335
You can definitely gain fat cells as you get fatter. This doesn't tend to happen except at higher bodyfat percentages though.

You have to gain fat on a bulk. You don't have to get fat on a bulk. Cycling between bulks and cuts in the 10-15% range or so is a decent medium for staying relatively lean without cutting too much into your bulking time.

>>35592586
Ding a but of googling to check out reputable brands is a good idea. Brands like Inzer are a safe, if more expensive, but.

>>35592574
Try to keep your wrist neutral (in line with your forearm).

>>35592389
Absolutely impossible to judge without including the sets and reps of the exercises, but as is it seems like you have way too many exercises.

>>35592307
Eat at maintenance, gentle stretching and mobility work, and don't aggravate it with lifting.
>>
How much protein is actually in Boneless, Skinless Chicken breast by weight? Every website has a different number.
>>
>>35593509
>Eat at maintenance, gentle stretching and mobility work, and don't aggravate it with lifting.
So, nothing useful to contribute. Thanks.
>>
>>35593577
It's about 1 kcal per gram frozen (because thawing loses moisture). Nearly all those kcals, call it 80%, are protein. So a 200 g chicken breast will have about (200*.8)/4 = 40 grams of protein. To get a much better estimate, you're going to need to send it to a lab where they'll blend it up and assay it. And you won't be able to eat it afterward. And it the result will only be for that chicken breast.
>>
>>35593582
Well what do you expect, man? Injuries suck, there aren't really any ways to accelerate healing except rehab work. I'm sure what you expected to hear.
>>
>>35593705
What do I expect? Something useful. If that shit worked, I wouldn't need to come here asking after my doctor turned out to be a retard, too.
>>
>>35592979
Thanks buddy, I'll cut to 80 while playing with lmao1plate.
>>
>>35593741
Hammer curls as well, but even that isn't going to make it better straight away, suck it up
>>
Jokes aside, do people like P90x or the Beach Body workout videos/routines?
>>
>>35594145
No. They're CrossFit on tape. Shit's for idiots who don't know better and want to be "elite" in 90 days by flailing around in their living room.
>>
>>35593883
How about something that works faster than six fucking months? Is that too fucking much to ask, you retard?
>>
File: 20160112_210840.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20160112_210840.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>35590416
What are best exercises to add mass when looking at your arms from the front? I incorporate lying tri extensions and hammer curls in my upper / lower split, but my arms still look pretty dyel if not viewed from the side.

Also, i have a homegym, so can't do dips or machines. Should i buy a power tower?

6'0 / 170something btw
>>
File: insanity.jpg (36KB, 800x584px) Image search: [Google]
insanity.jpg
36KB, 800x584px
>>35594145

lol
>>
File: image.png (514KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
514KB, 640x1136px
My girlfriend linked me a chart and told me she was normal when I was making fun of her because she was fat.

She is 5'3" and apparently around 120, which is in the normal range.

What do I tell her? Is she right? She's got a big gut and fat around her chin.
>>
>>35594207

>i bought a ticket to snap city but i dont like it here abloo bloo bloo
>>
>>35594306
skullcrushers
>>
>>35594338
BMI is a general indicator of whether a person is unhealthy, but tells nothing about body composition. You can have relatively high amounts of bodyfat and still be in the "normal" range on that chart.

Easiest example: skinnyfat people.
>>
>>35594338
She's fat. That weight should be muscle. Tell her that.
>>
>>35594338

normal is for pussies
>>
how long did it take you to get perfect squat/deadlift form?

it's taking me a long fucking time, im 188cm. is this normal or am i just shit?
>>
Is fasting a good way to lose weight? How can I retain lean mass while doing this?
I find it's the easiest way to maintain a calorie deficit, I simply don't eat from when I wake up until 2-3PM, then eat until I'm full for the rest of the day. It's gotten easier now that I'm in the habit and I've lost a little bit of weight (Only 7lbs so far
>>
I realized something when i was at the gym today. No one else is taking notes of their lifts ! How the fuck do they remember where they were at the last time they bench pressed or did squats ?
Hell it's even useful for the machine users. They all probably think i'm some freak going around doing the different sets with a notepad, a pen and my towel. (they don't have a towel either by the way)
>>
>>35590467

Just quit being a bitch about it.
Yes you need more weight on the bar.
Wrap a towel around it if it hurts that bad but be prepared to be publicly shamed.
Wrapping a towel around the bar to squat is equivalent to walking around in a tutu.
>>
>>35594344
>I don't know anything about physical therapy or reasonable recovery times so I'm going to mock you for being concerned that you're not getting appropriate treatment.

Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>35594338
http://blogs.plos.org/obesitypanacea/2015/04/30/30-of-people-with-a-healthy-bmi-are-actually-obese/

BMI isn't the same as body fat and body fat is what's important. If you look fat, you probably are.
>>
File: 1450653494221.png (12KB, 492x388px) Image search: [Google]
1450653494221.png
12KB, 492x388px
Should/could I up my volume for upperbody a bit as I have to temporarily stop training my lower body cause injury and I honestly don't want to go to the gym just for a 25 minute workout?

Will I die?
>>
>>35594389
22 years and counting, son. Shouldn't take more than an hour to figure out what decent squat form feels like, though.

>>35594675
It's fine. Prolonged fasts (longer than a few days) can cause problems with electrolyte retention.

>>35594755
They don't care. They're just there to have fun.

>>35594835
You can if you like. You'll be able to recover better without the lower body work so you might as well take advantage of it.
>>
I did my first session of SS and I remember reading that my lifts should be deadlift > Squat > bench press > OHP but my bench was better than my Squat so am I fucking up?
Also my lifts were pretty low in general I think.
>>
>>35594893
It'll sort itself out pretty quick. You might stall "early" on bench, though, so start with a weight that's between the squat and OHP.
>>
File: 1451490029574.png (69KB, 392x274px) Image search: [Google]
1451490029574.png
69KB, 392x274px
>>35594852
>>35594835
Also follow up question, as I have broken my other leg I've been having to move around jumping with the other (which I have done a lot, especially jumping up stairs) and in 2 weeks I've gone from being able to barely do 1 pistol squat doing +20 with an ease.

I thought "overtraining" like that with constant 'training' wouldn't get you any strength gains but instead my other leg has gotten insanely stronger, wouldn'ta struggling 1 rep to +20 reps on pistol squat mean quite a lot added on regular squat if I could do so on both of my legs

Maybe I just respond well to heavy volume?
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 400x283px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 400x283px
Thin as a rail, trying to bulk for the first time with a calorie counter and everything.

HOW THE FUCK DO I EAT THIS MUCH FOOD?

I've almost cleaned out my whole kitchen and I still haven't made my Calories for the day

So far i've eaten:
>8 eggs
>9 slices of whole grain bread
>A cup of kale and spinach with a few mushrooms on it
>2 spoonfuls of peanut butter
>3 tablespoons of olive oil
>2 cups of kefir
>1 cup wild rice
>6 oz Salmon
>1 cup whole milk

Should I just eat a stick of butter?
>>
Can I add Stronglifts 5x5 to my current routine? I like the idea and I think I could really benefit from the plan, but I don't want to sacrifice my other exercises for it.
>>
>>35594937
A huge part of it is learning the skill of doing a new exercise.

>>35594954
Eat whatever it takes to get to your kcal goals, man.
>>
>>35594978
What are the other exercises?
>>
>>35594999
>DB BP
>Incline DB BP
>Chest Press
>Pull-ups
>Lat pulldown
>Row
>Lat High Row
>Lateral raises
>Seated shoulder press
>Bent over flyes
>Behind the neck press
>EZ bar curls
>Concentration curls
>Chin-ups
>Shoulder press
>Dips
>OHP
>Rocky press
>Shrugs
>Deadlift
>Back extension
>Box jumps
>>
>>35595065
how fucking long do you spend in the gym per workout, three hours?
>>
>>35595065
Forgot hanging leg raises and hanging clock turns
>>
>>35595065
Enjoy your fatigue/nogains
>>
>>35595080
About 1.5 hours. Those are all my exercises but I split them up into 2 days
>>
>>35595065
>>35595085

Do you want to have no gains? Because that's how you have no gains.

How about you read the sticky and just do what the sticky says, no more, no less.
>>
>>35594954
sunflower seeds have a shit ton of cals and protein anon
>>
>>35595109
>tfw making gains
>>
>>35595120
>tfw when so new stretching would give you gains
>>
>>35595118
Holy shit, those little fuckers are jam packed
>>
>>35595120
You came here and asked for our advice. Did you actually think we would tell you that you somehow magically hit upon a perfect and useful training plan with no experience whatsoever?

Dude, we're telling you how to make sure you get gains for the rest of your life. If you want to spurn the gains fairy this early in your lifting career, go ahead. But be aware that your best next step when you crash and don't want to change your program is probably steroids.
>>
>>35595162
No, jam jars are jam packed. These are sunflower seeds. Duh.
>>
>>35595178
I have yet to receive any advice though. It's all been lolnogains. If I was told why my current routine is bad, that'd be something else.
>>
>>35595403
You were told to read the sticky and to do what it says, no more, no less.

And in the very post you responded to with "tfw making gains" no less.
>>
>>35594338
im obese but 12% bf x-D
>>
>>35594954
>1 cup of milk
>1 cup

bitch I have at least a litre of milk a day and I'm not even bulking. Also fuck your vegetables and fucking kefir faggot you need CARBS you know what that is nigga?
>>
A few years ago, I was still very green and racked too much weight calf raises, pushed too hard, and put a small tear in the tendon along the bottom of my foot. Eventually it healed, don't really notice it. I'm lifting properly now, to the point I've come back around to wanting to fill out my calves. I'm just wondering how to appropriately push the muscle to failure, without overdoing it, forcing the tendon to compensate, and potentially re-injuring myself?
>>
File: 1445969743141.jpg (104KB, 843x482px) Image search: [Google]
1445969743141.jpg
104KB, 843x482px
>>35595101
30 mins too long, you're on the train to NoGainsville
>>
>>35595674
How do you make sure you never injure yourself lifting? Don't lift. Only guarantee you'll get.

Next best thing is to work on form and mechanics as much as possible. Don't cut corners on form to get your reps.
>>
>>35595691
Thanks, actually appreciated the no-nonsense response
>>
Ideal barbell curl rep range (5-8, 8-12, 12+?)
>>
>>35595762
I like sets of 12 for single joint exercises like curls, sets of 8 for compound accessory lifts like rows, and sets of no more than 5 for the big compound lifts like squats.
>>
>>35595762
DO THEM ALL

just not at the same time
>>
>>35592313
What rep scheme for back extensions?
I'm currently doing SS.

>tfw started a gradual cut
>almost perfectly hit all my macros(went over 4g on fat and 3g on carbs)
>scared I'm going to loose my strength gains
>>
>>35595806
Awesome, thanks for the reply. .
>>
>>35595846

3x5 is what Rip prescribes for the variations of SS that include back extensions, IIRC. Try to get 15-25 reps total in your work sets.

>cutting on SS
You should reconsider that.
>>
whatre some good resistance bands?
>>
>>35595889
Go to an office supply store and buy some pallet bands. Packs of 10 for the price of one "fitness" band. Not calibrated for weight, though.
>>
If I was to set aside as much time in 3 weeks as needed, how much could I achieve and what program would be best program for it?

Have a few weeks annual leave planned so will have time to set aside for the gym
>>
>>35595930
Sorry should clarify, while bulking and after hypertrophy.
>>
>first dirty bulk
>feels fucking fantastic, tons of energy, good progression, less time/energy spent prepping meals
>can't stop shitting la brea tar and mastodon skeletons

Do I just need more fiber or is it something else?
>>
Gym frequency

I go twice a day because it feels right to me.

Am I not working out hard enough per session?
>>
>>35595930
You could lose 20 lbs on a protein-sparing modified fast. But it will suck and you'll gain 10 lbs back once you're off.

Gains are something that happen over years, man.

>>35595947
More fiber will help keep everything together. It slows transit time of fast moving stuff and speeds the transit time of slow moving stuff.

Maybe go easy on the dairy, too, and see if that helps.
>>
>>35595885
Yeah, thing is I've been on it for a hot minute.
I kept being set back by getting sick and wisdom teeth getting taken out. Plus I overbulked a bit. Just want to see if I can drop some fat so I can keep bulking.

Squat: 250 3x5
Bench: 185 3x5
OHP: 120 3x5
Deadlift: 285 1x5
Power Clean: 175 5x3

Keep bulking? I'm probably at 20% bf.
5'11" 186
>>
File: 1422574165077.png (165KB, 476x356px) Image search: [Google]
1422574165077.png
165KB, 476x356px
>>35595972
diff anon, similar question.

I haven't been pooping much. How do I poop more? It makes measuring really difficult since I always seem to have extra weight in me.
>>
>>35595970
Twice a day? Unless you're an athlete who depends on performance for salary or a scholarship, you need to find another hobby. You don't really need to workout more than 3x a week.

>>35595978
Numbers look good for a move to an intermediate program. 5/3/1 is good for cutting, especially a slow cut. I'd do that.
>>
>>35596000
Eat more.

If you don't want to eat more, take laxatives and enjoy your descent into the fun world of eating disorders.
>>
>>35596012
Okay, sweet, thanks for the advice. First time I've posted stats on here.
I'm going to keep going on SS until I stall, which could be soon because it's getting harder and harder to add those 5ibs on lifts.

What do you think about TM?
>>
>>35596040
TM is a great program, but it's not good for cutting either.
>>
>>35596028
Should've mentioned, I'm on a cut and trying to get accurate measurements. This is why I'm trying to get some shit out of me in the early morning. I don't like waiting half-way through the day to take a shit
>>
>>35596055
That's what I'm torn between. A nice slow cut would be cool, so by the time summer rolls around I'd be looking good. But damn do I want a heavy ass deadlift and squat.

What makes 5/3/1 good for cutting? The slow progression?
>>
Does anyone have calluses on their feet that keep returning?

I have a callus that's below my pinky toe knuckle. I got a new pair of shoes and it went away by itself. But after roughly 8 months of wearing the shoe, the callus started coming back. I had to peel away the callus over Christmas break. Any ideas?
>>
Senpai's, when doing Texas method should I be using assisted bench press machines as well as old fashioned unassisted bench press or should I just not fuck with it?
>>
>>35596074
Someone needs to introduce you to trend line smoothing. You don't need to be that precise. Sometimes you'll be above the trend, sometimes you'll be below it, and in the end it'll average out.

>>35596088
The relatively low volume on the main lifts while still lifting heavy is what makes it good for cutting. 5/3/1 is nice because it progresses as fast as you do. As long as you're not a noob.

Really, though, you could take a month, do the Velocity diet or other protein-sparing modified fast, and strip the excess fat just in time for summer. Trying to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time is kind of dumb if you're not a fat noob or on steroids.

It is the bane of more advanced trainees: you have to pick one.

>>35596133
Calluses keep coming back because you keep stimulating the foot to make callus.

>>35596134
Just regular bench press is plenty.
>>
>>35596160
>Sometimes you'll be above the trend, sometimes you'll be below it, and in the end it'll average out.

I hate that so much, makes me feel like I'm not accomplishing anything.
>>
>>35596178
That's the point. It keeps you from obsessing day to day, paranoid or joyous about a kg of water weight one way or the other. You just watch the trend over time.

Did you forget what I said before about laxatives and eating disorders? I wasn't kidding.
>>
>>35596193
Oh, I'm not measuring daily. Weekly, every sunday in the morning when I first get up.
>>
>>35596160
Yeah, I know. Just sucks. Maybe cut on 5/3/1 then move to TM later to put on that muscle with low bf?
>>
>>35596202
It'd be better to weigh yourself every day and watch the trend line than to be worried about just how much you poop so you get accurate data once a week.

>>35596213
I'd do TM on maintenance kcals until the end of April, then do the Velocity diet through May and be a sick cunt in June, July, and August. Then super slow bulk until the following May.

FYI, walking is strenuous exercise on a protein-sparing modified fast. 5/3/1 is good for a normal slow cut.
>>
I have puffy nips but whenever I put pressure on them, they contract and go back to normal.
Anybody know what I can do to avoid puffy nips?
>>
>>35596326
Get them pierced.
>>
>>35594338
she is skinnyfat? if not you're probably just delusional about her being fat @ 120 pounds even if she'd be just 5'3 tall

skinnyfat is mainly cause of bad diet (and no exercise)
>>
File: 1446960931755.jpg (32KB, 509x411px) Image search: [Google]
1446960931755.jpg
32KB, 509x411px
I fucked up my cut, bros. Had to most intense craving for grandmother's home-baked cookies and ate like a motherfucker.

Do I fast for the next 24h or pretend it didn't happen tomorrow?
>>
Okay so I'm going to start lifting tomorrow and I'm feeling pretty nervous since I'm skinny and people will watch anyways my question is at what point should I start bulking?

Like after a month in or more? I imagine the first couple of weeks I'll just be getting my form down
>>
Taze yourself into a convulsive fit to burn the extra calories and Pavlovianly condition yourself.
>>
>>35596727
You get back on your diet and don't do anything rash.

More importantly, learn to enjoy these things in moderation. You can have these cookies, but you need to account for it in your diet.

Christ, I gave up two cups of yogurt today so I could drink a coke.
>>
>>35596751
You bulk immediately. You also read the sticky for such basic questions.

But don't get so worried about people watching. Half the people there likely either started skinny or fat, so likely any staring will just be admiration as opposed to disgust.
>>
There's only one squat rack on the gym I'm going tomorrow, and no other place where I can do the barbell overhead press. Is it too bad if I switch to dumbell overhead press? Its just for this week.
>>
>>35596751
You can do it immediately, or when the weight begins to feel really difficult.

>>35597080
Clean the weight to your shoulders.
>>
Im 18% bodyfat, 190 lbs.

I have a large portion of fat on my lower stomach that wraps all the way around my back. Its a very obvious piece of protruding fat: my girlfriend even calls it a 'fatty pack'.

Any reason why I'm thicker in that one area?
>>
How come I see guys at the gym lifting big weights for reps that look DYEL? Watched a guy front squat 3 plate today for reps (didn't count exactly) but his legs looked skinny as fuck and he had no ass. Same thing with other guys bench pressing 2 plate, etc.

What's up with that?
>>
>>35597324
Strength doesn't necessarily equal hypertrophy.

Same reason why buff fucking dudes can't seem to lift worth a damn. If you train solely for strength, you'll be a strong mother fucker. If you train solely for size, you'll be a big mother fucker.
>>
>>35597324
>35597324
they are not on steroids.
>>
>>35597337
If the goal is to get big, why are all novices encouraged to focus on strength?
>>
>>35597356
Although you get into more specific routines to get specific goals, you have to start with a base.

Best to burn off noob gains with SS/SL, then branch into something else when you get the hang of it. Learning movements is way easier if you are squatting 5 reps of heavy weight, which puts more focus on less movements, than 12 reps of light weight, which can easily turn into bad form if you're not paying attention. If your goal is to be big, then doing SS/SL for 6-12 months will get you in a better position for hypertrophy and isolation than if you had to learn a dozen different lifts, be shitty at all of them, not be able to lift very heavy weights, and then end up burnt out and asymmetrical.
>>
If I bulk at a 500kcal surplus for 12 weeks, I would estimate a weight gain of 12 lbs. Now say 8 of those lbs come in lean mass; would that mean I could cut for 2 weeks at a 1000kcal deficit to be back where I started, bodyfat wise?

tl;dr 12 weeks bulk, 2 weeks cut = More lean mass, no extra bf?
>>
>>35597423
>putting on 34 pounds of lean muscle mass a year

I'd say keep dreaming mate
>>
sometimes when I'm having sex or getting a blowjob, if a girl goes too fast it feels intense to the point of hurting and I feel like I'm gonna piss everywhere instead of cum.
why?
>>
>>35597457
Even if 6 of them were fat, that would mean:

12 week bulk - 3 week cut = 6 lean mass gained and back to zero in terms of fat weight.

Obviously this assumes you lose no muscle on the cut which would be wrong. Reality might be closer to 12 week bulk, 4 week cut for 5 lbs gain. This seems realistic, doesn't it? If anything I think it's slightly pessimistic.
>>
>>35597472
Try pissing. Either the girl will go slower, or she'll love it and you'll have to piss on her when having sex.
>>
>>35592307
Theres different kinds of liftan bruh
Just do excercises that dont fuk u up
>>
Lifting is the only thing which tones down my depression/anxiety and the only thing I enjoy. But I've been injured for 2 months now and I still am so I haven't been lifting. I feel like utter shit, mentally and physically. I feel numb. The only emotion I can feel is hopelessness. All I do is cry and sleep. Nothing makes me happy, nothing even makes me feel content.

The fuck do I do?
>>
>>35597533
Cry and sleep.

Easiest riddle ever.
>>
I got my Lipid profile done and my LDL is 150, should I stop eating egg yolks? my nutritionist says I can have one whole egg. I am also lactose intolerant. what are some good protein dense options for a poorfag on student budget?
>>
>>35597558
Soy protein powder and oats.
>>
>>35595668
Don't talk shit bout kefir, that shit is delicious and all kinds of good for you.
>>
>>35597493
keke thanks, I will try
>>
Are workouts done in short intervals +-30 mins if done twice a day worth as much as a 60 min workout once a day?

Without counting warmups & Stretches.
>>
>>35595065
fuck off this meme was never funny
>>
>>35597616
>Kefir
>Delicious

Eww, lumpy sour milk... No ta senpai
>>
>>35597686
>lumpy
Dunno where you get your shit from but that aint kefir, family
>>
fat as fatass here, how do i do hiit? how should i start off?
>>
File: 1451622315049.jpg (44KB, 569x506px) Image search: [Google]
1451622315049.jpg
44KB, 569x506px
Am I lifting too heavy if I can't do 5 reps without pausing between reps for a few seconds? I started SS about 3 weeks ago and now lifting feels heavy af and I don't feel similar "pump" what I felt with lower weights. Should I lift lighter and focus on form / pump / feeling the muscle or should I just lift as heavy as I can?
>>
>>35597337
Strength is a combination of hypertrophy (in the sense of cross sectional area of dry muscle fibers) and neural conditioning. If two people are equally efficient at using their muscle mass the one with more dry muscle will always be stronger if they are of the same height and limb proportions
>>
>>35597737
If you cant lift the weight with good form, you cant lift it.
Are you eating enough?
>>
Whats the minimum amount of rest between sets when doing SS you should get?

I always feel very awkward just sitting at my rack for five minutes while people clearly wonder why I'm not lifting.
>>
>>35597737
just do the program. You've been on it for 3 fucking weeks.
>>
>>35597769
Do you mean maximum?
>>
>>35597769
however much you need to not fuck up your next set.
>>
>>35597795
But that doesn't seem to be much, maybe 30 seconds.

Am I not doing enough weight, it really seems to be my max.
>>
>>35597809
Then do 30 seconds. Are you really forcing 5 minute waits? You could be out of the gym way quicker if you just go as soon as you're ready.
>>
>>35597730
Eating less
>>
>>35597764
I'm skinnyfat and my diet is not 100% on point so I guess I should eat more. Thanks, I guess I'll have to go back lifting little lighter weights so my form does not break.
>>
>>35597780
Yeah, I am doing the program but I think I was lifting too heavy. My form broke slightly and I had to take extra "breaks" between reps so I guess they don't count. I'm aiming for "clean" reps now, not as much weight as possible.
>>
is it important to add weight to the not compoundment lifts? I see a lot of guys way bigger than me lifting less weight for the same reps. They still outlift me in benchpressing tho
>>
>>35598014
That's cause they're normies only doing bench
It's just as important to add weight there if you want to get stronger
>>
How shit is my form? Can't get full ROM because bitchtits/gut stops legs going all the way down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIOtBRwXcSI
>>
Anybody have experience with pain in the sole when doing DB calf raises?
I'm using a 45 plate to increase ROM
>>
What's the indicator for being ready for the next set, stabilised heart rate and no heavy breathing?
>>
>>35598346

When you can feel like you can complete the next set of reps.

Anywhere from 1 ~ 5 minutes.
>>
>>35598365
Got it. Cheers
>>
File: 1450527755441.jpg (66KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1450527755441.jpg
66KB, 720x960px
How bad is alcohol, really, if you aren't binge drinking?

I drink a couple shooters (3 oz) of brandy every day after work, and usually an extra on my days off. It seems to really help me eat, sleep, and shit. Progress seems fine, but I'm still worried about fucking up my heart or giving myself cancer.
>>
>>35598609
Eh, not too great for you long term, especially regarding quality of sleep.
I'd suggest substituting it for meditation couple a days a week to unload.
>>
http://www.sealswcc.com/PDF/naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.pdf
is this a good fitness program?
>>
>>35598745
Better than nothing, but really depends on what your goals are.
>>
Why the fuck do my right hip hurt when i do hanging leg raises?
>>
>>35598609
That's alright. Benefits cholesterol as well.
>>
>>35598773
boot camp ready
im already sort of fit
>>
>>35591364
Thanks anon. I ain't really looking for progress, just trying to keep my strength.
>>
>>35598775
Mobility issue and you aren't used to do that kind of exercise, so your form probably is also off (maybe due to mobility)

Look out mobility work for hip flexors.
>>
I normally do OHP twice a week and bench once a week but I've noticed over time that my chest is severely lacking compared to everything else. Should I swap and do bench twice per week and OHP once?
>>
If I use the same weight for all my lifts, how imbalanced do I risk getting? (I do shrugs, db rows and db bench with both hands on one dumbbell)
>>
Does anyone else get weird sensations in the rotator cuff from skullcrushers?

It's not a pain, but during the middle of the movement they just feel like they're really straining or something to keep my upper arm locked in position.
>>
My right wrist is sore - not normally, but if I bend it far (like 90 degrees) forward or back, and it can surprise hurt a bit if I do something like push open a heavy door. That doesn't seem like a sprain to me. Can I keep lifting 3x / week, taking extra care with good grip, or do I need to take time off? It's that tough call: you can't miss sessions over every trifling ache, but I sure don't want to snap a wrist up. Advice very appreciated!
>>
>>35599243
Why not simply alternate them?

>>35599392
It would make no fucking sense at all. Your quadriceps for example are capable of producing so much more force than your brachioradialis that it'd be ridiculous to use the same weight to train both of these muscles.

>>35599582
What makes you say it's your rotator cuff you're feeling? And what part of the rotator cuff are you talking about?

>>35599621
As long as the exercises don't hurt you should be fine.
Make sure to always keep the weight directly above the forearm when doing pressing exercises, and not just let your wrists "hang back".
>>
Haven't lifted for 3 months (injury). How long will it take me to gain back my lost gains?
>>
>>35599818
As long as it'll take you.

Your question doesn't make any sense, pal. You're either training or you're not. It doesn't matter how long it takes to reach any certain level because you'll keep training after that point as well.
If you're trying to evaluate whether to bother getting back into it at all, then you may as well just quit now.
>>
What do I need to keep in mind when taking Thermoxyn? I take two in the morning and feel like dog shit for about 3 hours.
>>
>>35599842
>If you're trying to evaluate whether to bother getting back into it at all, then you may as well just quit now.
I know 110% I'm getting back into it. It's the only thing I'm sure I'll never give up. I'm just a bit down that's all, everything was going so great and I fucked it up
>>
I have to shower before I workout because I work with oil and sludge all day and get stinking dirty and greasy. Obviously, I have to shower post-workout too.

I know this can be particularly bad for your skin and hair. Are there any products that are recommended to lessen the negative effects of showering twice a day?
>>
>>35599775
Thanks for sensible advice anon!
>>
>>35597314
literally the only answer anyone can give you for this one is genetics.
>>
Can I mix creatine in juice? Or should I drink it in water then drink the juice?
>>
Front squat or back squats ? Hint: I have a bad back..."forcing" a lift on bad squats is kinda bad.
>I also do leg presses
>>
Starting a fast paced cardio heavy job soon. How do I make sure I don't lose my gains?
>>
>>35601050
eat more
>>
>>35601050
Eat more to cancel out the extra physical activity
>>
File: PGSL.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
PGSL.png
47KB, 547x465px
Hey guys, sorry for the really stupid question but
What does "Alternating" means. I have to do both exercise in the same day or one day i do OHP and the other i do bench?
>>
File: Calves.jpg (713KB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Calves.jpg
713KB, 1936x2592px
can i safely say that my calves are god-tier?
>>
>>35601120
It's written poorly. It's an A/B routine. One day do OHP, one day do Bench Press.
>>
I can do about a 50kg low bar back squat, I usually feel the DOMS a few hours after. Today I did goblet squats only 14kg dumb bells, legs felt like jelly straight away, why? What's wrong with goblet squats full time btw?
>>
File: pepepear.png (227KB, 550x518px) Image search: [Google]
pepepear.png
227KB, 550x518px
I started doing deadlifts a few weeks ago and I barely hit lmao 2pl8. But last session my right elbow started to hurt in the middle of the lift. What can it be? I'm super worried because I'm afraid of permanently hurting myself.

I deloaded to 1pl8 but the pain is still there.

My back is straight. I had my form checked in video and it's all OK. Must be my arms.

What am I doing wrong? Please help me.
>>
My deadlift continues dropping, went from 385 1rm now I can't even pull 315

I have been cutting but very slowly in a small deficit, and all my other lifts are going up. Wtf is the problem
>>
As a recovering fatty, down to 270 from 320, when is it an appropriate weight to start running without murdering my knees? 5'10 height.
>>
>>35601377
>>
>>35601311
sounds like your putting too much pressure on your arms or lifting incorrectly. Sounds like you pulled something or twisted something wrong. You need to let it heal.
>>
>>35601385
Well that's fuckn gay, cheers anon.
>>
File: pepe_a_minuit.jpg (88KB, 500x724px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_a_minuit.jpg
88KB, 500x724px
>>35601388
Thanks mate. Very appreciated. Take this rare Pepe for your help.
>>
When I wear jeans they're tight on my quads but fit my waist and everywhere else fine. Does anyone know brands or styles that prevent this.
>>
>>35601432
According to the BMI chart you'd be overweight instead of obese once you hit 210-ish. That'd probably be a safe-enough point to start running.
>>
>>35596356
Shes got a beergut
Nothing about her is skinny
>>
Is rucking a viable exercise for reducing bf on a cut?
>>
>>35601203
Thanks senpai. Yeah, i thoought that doing that would have been overkill
>>
I've always wondered, do you guys get bored of lifting?

Like I can imagine doing it for like maybe 2 years tops, but like what happens after that? After 5? 10? When do you guys stop?
>>
>>35601659
You get bored of lifting when you don't care about how you look. If you don't give a shit, just get fat and die.
>>
>>35590416
Okay so walking and squatting atg I can do fine without any knee pain.

But when I go upstairs I feel pain in my upper knee area?

I think this pain may have started when I went for a 4 mile run when I don't run at all, but exacerbated upon heavy leg presses 2 days ago.

Any ideas what pain this is/how to treat it?
>>
I love strawberry. Are there any strawberry powders that aren't vomit-worthy? Last one I tried (some generic brand) was so bad I spit it out.
>>
>>35601755
Or I'm suspecting pain was mostly exacerbated by leg extensions
>>
what's the quickest way to lower your body fat %?
>>
>>35601858
Exercise and eat at a caloric deficit for a handful of months. Depending on how overweight you are it could take anywhere from 5 months to a year and a half.

EC stack and DNP can speed this process up, but the side-effects are pretty nasty and can be very dangerous to your health as well. I just got off the stack and realized it was the reason my anxiety and irritability had shot up out of nowhere.
>>
File: 1320810919737.jpg (52KB, 678x444px) Image search: [Google]
1320810919737.jpg
52KB, 678x444px
Will jerking off an hour or two before going to the gym affect my gains/energy? I really wanna jerk off right now, but I don't wanna be all weak and stuff.
>>
>>35594338
I'm 5'4 and when I was 120 lbs I looked too chubby. At 5'3 it'd be worse.

But it depends on your fat storage and whether you have more fat or muscle.
>>
I can do about a 50kg low bar back squat, I usually feel the DOMS a few hours after. Today I did goblet squats only 14kg dumb bells, legs felt like jelly straight away, why? What's wrong with goblet squats full time btw?
>>
>>35601311
Don't pull at the elbows ever. Keep your arms perfectly extended and never try to pull with your arms, just use your legs back and hips. Good luck. Don't shrug at the top.
>>
Senpai's, is it a good idea to gauge how well I worked out on how sore I should feel the next day?
>>
>>35602781
no
>>
>>35602166
Did you lose weight?
What weight do you look good at?
Post any pics please?
>>
I know this is a stupid question but im in denial at the moment. Last year I was skinny so I started the gym and a bulk. It was going well until I stopped going to the gym but kept on bulking. I recently started back at the gym and im still not fat but i sort of have man tits standing. Since im on a cut to loose them i was wondering if I can still gain muscle as long as I eat chicken and drink plenty protein shakes. I know a bodybuilder would laugh in your face uf you said gain muscle on a cut but I dont see why not as long as you take enough protein
>>
>>35602218
Goblet squats are more quad dependent than LBBS, especially if you go all the way down on the goblet but only to parallel on the LBBS.

You will quickly grow out of goblet squats unless you think you'll be able to goblet squat 100 kg.

>>35602144
Literally does not matter unless you think it does.

>>35601659
If you honestly get bored with it, change your routine. Better to switch exercises than stop doing them altogether.

I consider lifting to be a lifelong endeavor, just like people go to church, shower, mow their lawn, or watch TV. You never stop doing these things.
>>
>>35603344
If you're a beginner you will see a little muscle development and okay strength gains even while cutting.

Your body doesn't just need protein to build muscles, it needs extra calories and lots of them. Your body HATES building muscle unless it's sure that your dietary situation is exorbitantly secure.

My advice is to focus on your cut so you can start your bulk+lifting as soon as possible.
>>
>>35603021
I look thin at 110 lbs (not much muscle), but when lean and more muscular at about 115.
>>
>>35603344
The pathways for LBM gain and fat loss are mostly exclusive of one another. Unless you're relatively overweight, you won't gain appreciable amounts of muscle mass in a calorie deficit.

>>35601822
I've never tasted a fruit flavored whey that I liked. I'm interested too.

>>35601356
Weird, it's usually pushing exercises that get hit harder by dieting than pulls. How does your cutting routine compare to your bulking routine?

>>35601287
Goblets hit your quads quite hard due to the upright torso position. Low bar shifts some of the emphasis to your posterior chain.

The issue with goblet squats is progression. Getting a heavy dumbbell into position is difficult.

>>35600865
Pick the one that doesn't aggravate your back.

>>35600681
You can mix it in anything.
>>
Started doing starting strength on Saturday and it's time for my third work out and I can barely extend my arms without pain

Am I going to be okay to lift tonight?
>>
>>35603482
Is this muscle soreness pain or something in your joints?

You can work through muscle soreness, after a warmup the stiffness starts going away.

Don't work through joint pain.
>>
>>35603482
Is it a dull ache or a sharp stabbing or shooting pain? One is DOMS, the other could be anything from muscle strain to tendinitis.
>>
>>35603425
Thank you
Again I'd appreciate any pics of your waist either before or after your weightloss
>>
>>35603511
Definitely muscle I can barely extend my arm past 45 degrees without pain

>>35603518
Definitely a dull ache
>>
File: 1450681496215.jpg (408KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1450681496215.jpg
408KB, 1920x1080px
sorry for my anglish pls respond

Guys, would cutting with high reps make someone lose gains, even if they don't go to failure?

I can't visit my gym, so I'm stuck in my home gym, but I don't have weights which are heavy enough for me to do low reps.
>>
Can somebody post the link to that 'semi famous youtube guy who did starting strength' it was a video of him squatting 445 x 5 and deadlifting around 375x5 and benching 235x5 .
he got quite fat around 235lb bw , the video was called something like 'from the starting strength days' and is unlisted
>>
I only have one functioning kidney, will ephedrine fuck with it or am I OK?
>>
>>35603603
nvm im pretty sure i have rhabdo

should i go to the doctor right now? my piss is brown as fuck right now
>>
Will romanian deadlifts help me gain flexibility in my hamstrings? It's piss poor right now.
>>
File: 1428470509262.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1428470509262.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>35603456
So has anyone tried a strawberry flavored whey they like? I heard MyProtein's was alirght.
>>
>>35603630
If you're on a cut, you're going to lose strength no matter what. Not sure if high reps will replace high volume in this situation.
>>
>>35603940
Pls someone help I don't want to die
>>
>>35603940
To my knowledge Ephedrine actually hits the liver, not the kidney's. I'm not for sure on that.

What you really have to worry about are possible mental side-effects.
>>
>>35604235
Yes they are. But also stretch
>>
>>35604297
Alright thanks. What kind of mental side effects are there?
>>
>>35604307
Just speaking from my own experience, but I once I moved to full doses I experienced heart palpitations and extremely increased anxiety and irritability, to the point where I was having panic attacks because I kept hearing my neighbors close doors and stuff.

It was driving me nuts, not worth replacing cardio IMO.
>>
>>35604328
Well I'm going to give it a try and see how I feel

Why would it replace cardio?
>>
>>35604344
Because you should not do HIIT while on it.

Did you even read the warnings on Hot'n'Fit?
>>
>>35604352
I have not. I just bought some because I started my cut and heard that an ec stack was good
>>
>>35604362
read the fucking warnings you dunce
>>
>>35604370
Yep. Thanks for the advice. Reading up on it now. I realize I am not a smart man. Thanks.
>>
>>35604423
Ephedrine can be really dangerous. DNP is even more so. Be careful.
>>
>>35604433
Nah not fucking with dnp. I was only really planning on taking 8mg a day.
>>
How bad would I be fucking up if I caved and had Chinese food for dinner tonight? Just some standard honey chicken and maybe an eggroll.

Best exercises to cut?

Best exercises to get rid of moobs?
>>
currently do around an hour of cardio a day and am now plateauing on squats

how much should i lower the cardio? i'm still eating at a small surplus with macros around 50/30/20 fwiw
>>
>>35604571
Listen up NYR. Count your caloires. Learn to control yourself. Read the fucking sticky.
>>
>>35590416
>lifting 3 days a week
>expecting to make it

get off this board, pajeet
>>
>>35604577
Are you doing cardio on the same day as weights? Definitely considering decreasing cardio and make sure you do weights first.
>>
>>35604621
i always lift first but do cardio directly afterwards
>>
File: 1452723987228-108869740.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1452723987228-108869740.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
FUCKING HELP
I have pushy ass grip strength after office dwelling for the last decade. I am almost failing on 85kg dead's.
I want to get one of those adjustable grip strength trainers. there is one which does from 5-20kg. is that the one to go for?
pic related. my pussy hands
>>
>>35604638
well, consider eating more or decreasing cardio. Sounds like you're just burning out.
>>
How do you guys start your OHP?

Do you start the bar at squat level height, then lift it over your head and rep it?

Do you come under the bar from the front?

I fucked up my wrists starting my OHP.

Would sitting down be easier?
>>
>>35601159
I can safely say your camera sucks ass
>>
>>35604723
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMAiNQJ6FPc
>>
originally, pull ups blew my lats up, both in size and strength.. then my arms started dying out before my lats got an effective workout.

so i was told to switch to rows and chin-ups, which helped at first, but again i am having the same problem

just i just do pronated grip with straps to prevent my forearms from fatiguing too early?
>>
>>35601159
no.
you have great insertions, but when flexed those calves are BAAARELY wider than your knee joint.

not very impressive/10
>>
>>35604723
>How do you guys start your OHP?
clean the weight off the ground. do a little "bounce" to get the bar off the rack position, and over my forearm.

make sure you keep your wrists straight, don't let them bend backwards, puts too much leverage on your wrists
>>
>>35590574
My query: what are the benefits to farmer walks as compared to stationary/static weight holding?

it's more of a fullbody... engages your forearms more as a stabilizer than a prime mover
it is also more challenging at equal weights.
>>
>>35590605
stronglifts generally has too high a volume to maintain linear progression.

try doing it a la reg parks 5x5 where the first two sets are warm-up, not working.

..so basically 3x5
>>
>>35590957
jon jones does zercher squats, and he is a beast now.

>>35592488
isolations are not better for aesthetics.
you should only use them in departments that are lacking.
dorian yate's style of training is much more suited to people not on roids.
and still the best way for people who are on roids.
>>
>>35604906
If your forearms / grip strength is limiting your pull-ups, you need grip work. I prefer static deadlift holds, but you could also do farmer's walks.

What's your rep range for pull ups? You might consider switching to weighted - you'll spend less time hanging from the bar.
>>
this weight loss thing seems strange to me. I eat more than before but healthier do reach my daily kcal goal and i still lose weight. I should have done this years ago.
>>
>>35604669
Do your regular deadlift set, rest your normal resting period, then come back and do a single rep, holding the bar at the top for 10 seconds in a static hold. You probably won't make the full 10 seconds on your first attempt, that's okay.

Do this twice if you're using mixed grip, switching over/under hands for each hold.
>>
>>35605009
i am talking about weighted, and my grip strength is phenomenal, but my lats are much stronger relatively.
so no matter how good my grip strength is, my lats fatigue.

i have done tons of farmer's walks, fore-arm rollers, reverse wrist curls, single-arm dead hangs (with flutter kicks), and all sorts of strongman-ish type stuff.

but even when i switch to supinated grip, my biceps die out before i get any real lat activation...

i don't see how i can get my arms as strong as my back, i just want a more efficacious way to target my back.
>>
>>35605042
just don't get discouraged if/when you plateau
>>
>>35605078
I'm just following my macros honestly.
>>
>>35605065
Ah, sure. Should've said you were more advanced, most questions come from beginners.

Things to try:
1. Use a neutral grip (the parallel hand holds) instead of supine/pronated
2. Cable rows or Pendlay rows - anything where the weight is temporarily resting
3. Straps + pull ups, since you're obviously working your grip in other ways.
>>
jesus christ im here at the ER with rhabdo due to i guess overworking it with starting strength

with just the fucking bar
>>
>>35605152
Did you ever move out of your bed before going to the gym that one time?

At least your next session will be easier.
>>
>>35605167
it was my 2nd session

and no not really i just played video games all day
>>
>>35605062
thank you. I'm still using over hand for both not mixed. should I switch to mixed?
>>
>>35605177
Yes, better to switch to mixed grip for your heaviest sets and keep double overhand for your warm ups.

It's not worth stalling your whole DL while your grip struggles.
>>
>>35605176
Honestly, good for you for getting out and breaking the habit. Even if you overdid it.
>>
>>35605210
man i was looking forward to working out again tonight i even went and got some weightlifting shoes and some protein powder and a shaker for my session tonight but i won't be working out again for a while i guess
>>
>>35605195
thanks for the help
>>
>>35605233
don't give up
>>
New bread

>>35605351
>>35605351
>>35605351
>>
when going from cutting to bulking should I just jump straight back in?

I'm thinking of upping calories straight away to maintenance then adding 100 calories or so week till I start gaining.
>>
Pretty bad lower back pain after a day of going big on squats and DL that persists long after workouts and has me feeling weak on those lifts. Do I just have to stop until it's better? Can I go light and high reps? I don't want to fuck myself up, but I'm really depressed at losing strength.
>>
>>35590726
Incorrect you move on to an intermediate program when you are no longer progressing on the beginner program, not at a set weight. If you can keep adding weight every work out then you should.
>>
>>35606315
Explain the difference between a beginner routine and an advanced
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.