[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much of a meme is "deadlifts and squats train abs anyway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1456723.jpg (54KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
1456723.jpg
54KB, 453x604px
How much of a meme is "deadlifts and squats train abs anyway so don't bother isolating them"?
Because my friend and I can get to similar levels of body fat, my arms and legs have more visible separations than his yet his abs will be far more visible? Should I start training them on their own?
>>
>>35586828
Pretty much a meme. Train them.

As for the you and your friend, he might store more fat on his arms why you store more on your belly, and the result is what you described. But he might have them developed better, so they pop more. Hard to say.
>>
You should cut out squats and do stomach vaccums along with heavy OHP and DL for abs
Shit like sit ups and leg raises aren't very good and bad for posture
Pullovers using plates are also pretty good for abs
>>
I'd say a good deal if you care about overall strength or aesthetics. There's a reason why bodybuilders isolate abs, and why strongmen isolate biceps for that matter. I think the idea that only a powerlifting or SS-type routine is legitimate is an overreaction to the uninformed novice lifters that base their routine on isolation exercises and don't use compound movements. A lot of these guys probably started out in that boat.
>>
>>35586828
Heavy squatting and deadlifting does work your abs but not nearly to the same extend as isolated ab training does. But honestly it's a fairly straight forward issue to handle - Are you happy with the strength and size of your abs? If not, work them harder.

On a semi-related note, please realize that bodyfat percentage is an average of how much fat you carry on your whole body. Two people with similar bf% can look very different. One may have lean legs but a bit of a gut, while the other may have chiseled abs but a big fat ass.
>>
>>35586910
Ok thanks. Just wasn't sure how much of a difference training them would actually make
>>
>>35586857
Why cut squats?
>>
>>35586857
artemus plz go
>>
All you need to workout abs is do daily vacuums.
>>
>>35587427
>vacums work rectus abdominis

no, fuck off artemus
>>
>>35586828
Everyone should do planks daily, regardless of sport or the rest of their routine. Absolutely no reason not to.

Squats and stuff work your core, but not that much, not for very long, and rarely are most of your core muscles straining during those lifts. It's just usually not enough volume to have a truly strong core without doing planks and such.
>>
>>35586828

>dont train your arms! doing bench and pullups trains your arms enough! no need to isolate

this is basicly ss faggots in a nutshell
>>
Do both. It's like saying the bench press works out triceps so you shouldn't isolate the triceps. Sure the triceps are a big part of the bench press but you should still isolate it.
>>
>>35587438
Wouldn't vacuums push them out making them more visible if you have low bf% ?
>>
>>35587505
If anything, vacuums pull them in, so no. It's just sucking in your belly using transverse abdominis. It supposedly reduces the size of your waist.
>>
>>35587450
Multiple sets of a shorter time or a single longer one? Always wondered.
>>
>>35586828
>How much of a meme is "deadlifts and squats train abs anyway so don't bother isolating them"?
Sitting up out of a chair trains your abs, mate. Does it do so sufficiently?
>>
File: 1452111746206.jpg (418KB, 650x1154px) Image search: [Google]
1452111746206.jpg
418KB, 650x1154px
>>35586828

wonder how that guys legs look like
>>
>>35586910
>a big fat ass
like yo momma
>>
>>35587747
Is this real?
>>
>>35588471
Curlbros do exist
>>
>>35586857
>Pullovers using plates
aka Lying Triceps Extensions
>>
>>35590525
You probably do pullovers wrong. You are not supposed to move your elbows at all during a pullover, so consequently you don't work your triceps. It's mainly a lats exercise, but you also kind of work your chest, which makes it a rather unusual exercise.
>>
>>35587747
>>35588471
>>35588545
If you look closely, you can see that his right leg is way thinner than his left leg. I think he injured his right leg, so it atrophied.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.