[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

amateur competitions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 43N4F9BO35PG.jpg (54KB, 650x318px) Image search: [Google]
43N4F9BO35PG.jpg
54KB, 650x318px
i wonder what drives people like this to do a several month long prep to get on stage looking like absolute garbage in a thong and to win a 5 dollar trophy

is this a mental illness?
>>
>>35585787

The oldfag in the middle looks better than most contemporary probodybuilders.
>>
>>35585806
he looks like absolute GARBAGE
>>
>>35585787
>what drives people to compete in some activity they enjoy? i'll never understand why people view fun differently from me
>>
>>35585817
>Implying you look better
>>
>>35585820
tell me what drives them as a middle aged men to

>inject steroids
>diet for months
>get on stage looking like SHIT
>be happy about it
>>
>>35585827
do you see the stage they're on? how about the lights, the cameras? the drive is in the competition and the fame. like most people with goals, they don't give a fuck what it takes to get there.
>>
>>35585875
fame?

people are just laughing at them
>>
>>35585875

These people would probably do bodybuilding even if there wasn't a competition. Its something they enjoy, and why they enjoy it is a matter for another discussion.

For example there are amateur basketball leagues for people who would play b-ball anyway. Guys in rec leagues aren't thinking they're in the NBA but when they win their league they do get a trophy and its just something nice to have for them.

These people do bodybuilding and decide to compete when they can. Some of the may have dreams of moving on to bigger things, most of them probably don't
>>
>>35585787

It's called having fun.
>>
>>35585887
>fame
yes. you're projecting AND being insular with your thinking, anon.

there's a niche part of the population that enjoys BB and who follow these events closely. there is fame to be found within any community, regardless of how small you may think it is.

i'm not a bodybuilder, nor would i do it - but to disclaim the activity entirely because you don't understand it is pretty shitty.
>>
>>35585875
>fame
>>
>>35585787
It's called having a hobby anon. These people will probably be working on their bodies regardless of whether they're competing or not. Being able to get a trophy for their efforts at the end is just icing on the cake.
>>
>>35585787
OP you don't understand cause you're still in this teenager mentality.
You seem to think that every one that does something does it to impress others. That other's view about you are what define you.

Well at certain point in life you just don't give a fuck anymore about other people's opinions. Those people ain't there if you need 'em and you don't give a fuck either about their lifestyles.

That breakpoint will usually happen when you're out of school/college, paying all the bills on your own and better yet, having your own family.

Those guys are there because being there means something for them. I would say it fills their lifes at some point.
>>
>>35586730
not sure if serious, this is all the opposite of the truth

those guys get on stage oiled up in a thong exactly because they need desperately the approval of others

>hurr i lift for me
bullshit they'd be lifting covered up in a quiet gym and no need to get on a stage

I'm in my late 20's with a good career, own my own home, and I never worry about my bills because I earn a good salary and live a normal life
>>
>>35585787
I did them prior to using gear. It teaches you how to pose, act on stage, tan, and all the other bullshit. I used it to get my NPC card/make my name more recognized in my region. You realize how small you are when you move up to the next level.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.