[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hysterical strength

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

>Hysterical strength, or superhuman strength, is a display of extreme strength by humans, beyond what is believed to be normal, usually occurring when people are in life and death situations. Common anecdotal examples include parents lifting vehicles to rescue their children. Such examples, however, have not been proven and have been dismissed by doctors across the world. The extra strength is believed to come from adrenaline, though incidents are rare and never proven as there were no examinable evidence or witnesses; research into the phenomenon is difficult, though it is thought that it is theoretically possible.[1]
>Superhuman strength may occur during excited delirium.[2][3]

Tell me anon, why aren't you tapping into your superhuman powers every time you step into the gym?
>>
>>35585258
It's really not that hard to pick up a car desu senpai
>>
>>2016
>>not even deadlifting a car

C'MON
>>
>>35585258
That's why you bench press without a spotter
>>
i used in a fight or flee stuation
> be me 15
> going to school from graveyard because edgy as fuck
>everythings so silent and nice a little bit of snow
>i hear a really loud bark from the bushes but its was about 50 m away
> i couldnt understand the sound but pretty sure it was a bark so i stand still trying to figure what it is
> really big dog i seen other dogs around here who tried to chase me but i would just scream they would got scared
>screamed
>mfw when it didnt even slowed down
>it jumps on to me if i didnt have enough adraneline there pretty sure would just fall and got eaten
>he got my hand
>i dont feel the pain
> i bite it from its neck
> the bite looses a bit
> throw the fucker about 5 meters pretty sure it was 80-90 kg
> scream really fucking loud my scream could be heard about 500 m away
> he goes away
> im bleeding heavily
> call ambulance pass out
>mfw
>>
I had sex binge and marijuana induced mania , let me tell you shit was fucking sick.

The amount of excercise i could do for 3 months i was in euphoric manic state was Olympic level roided stuff.

Ofcourse i burned out after that and had pretty bad depression for 2 years , but to tell you the truth i feel bad for humanity that doesn't know what euphoric mania feels like , it's like you are connected to the raw source of happiness nuclear reactor that just fucks your mind 24/7
>>
>>35587599
>80-90kg dog

You do realize that even a big ass male rottweiler is only 60kg?
>>
>>35587630
m8 i live in Turkey there was some kangal dogs there they can get pretty heavy
>>
>>35585258
Your muscles are capable of lifting more than you are lifting even during your 1RM, but your brain is limiting your power to shield you from injury. Your tendons, muscles and joints might suffer from lifting too heavy, and most certainly would, if you did lift extremely heavy on a frequent basis. Maybe sometimes in life or death situation your brain doesn't limit the force you can muster.
>>
>>35587650
You learned to poo in the loo ?
Im betting some mutt was 30-40kg max
>>
>>35585258
I recall tapping into this strength back when I was a kid. Whenever some shit would go down with other kids (bullying, etc) it would happen. I was around 7 and I was angry for whatever reason, and some kid got in my face about something and I picked him up and slammed him onto the ground. The back of his neck ended up hitting the edge of a concrete sidewalk. I only got suspended for a day..
>>
>>35585258
This is broscience. They got lucky, had help from lever force, the object sliding etc. etc.
>>
File: 1411926137527.png (90KB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
1411926137527.png
90KB, 640x560px
If this could be utilized, wouldn't you fry your CNS to bits?
I mean, I've heard of these stories, but has anyone documented the recovery time for stuff like this?
>>
Did extensive research on the art of berserking.
Tried for it so many times. Succeeded once. Never again.
Say what one will but sure, there is strength to tap into that we don't normally see, but the cost is great.
>>
>>35587697
> Picked up a 7 year old.

You realize they are talking about cars and boulders in that broscience shit of an article
>>
>>35587718
You realize I'm talking about the strength factor of a seven-year-old who didn't even lift picking up another seven-year-old?
>>
>>35587687
>muricans with no knowledge of the world
>>
>>35587667
Your brain totally can compare the strength of you muscles to the strength of your tendons...

BROSCIENCE
R
OF
SOME
CHICK
I
EVER
NEED
C
ESTATE
autocorrect fucked my shit up.
>>
>>35587621
I know that feel LOL. The fallout is hectic, but the mania itself is insane, literally. I was fearless and had no inhibition. I would operate on no more than 4 hours of sleep a day, as well.

Glad to have experienced it, but I intend to stay level headed for the remainder of my time alive.
>>
>>35587713
i would imagine its pretty hard to document it since it happens on rare sutiations
>>
>>35587621
Could you link some articles you have read about the mania? I had no clue WHAT I was feeling last spring but this might've been it if what you're describing is a real thing.
>>
>>35587650
I lived in Kosovo a few years, can confirm Kangals are fucking huge. More like 55-65kg though. I had a sarplaninac who was 60kg.
>>
>>35587774
in my area they were about 65-80 on average but this motherfucker was really big
>>
>>35587730
We did that shit all the time dipshit. Active kids are a lot stronger than you think.
>>
>>35587785
>I weighted every dog I met

Dude, huge kangals can reach 80kg max, big kangals are 60-65 on average, they can't be 80kg on average.
The biggest ever recorded was 100kg.
>>
>>35587845
Truuu
>>
>>35587621
Wait is this the same feeling as when I come off of a 1300mg caffeine diet to 0mg for a couple months?
>>
>>35587853
that might be true but because they are dangerous dogs you dont usally see them i only saw 3 in the graveyard and normal ones were 65-70 and 70-75 so i thought that was their avarage but pretty sure the motherfucker who got me was at least 80 + i grew up in there i seen a lot of fucking dogs i can tell their weight
>>
lifted my car when I got in a crash into a telephone pole and was freaking the fuck out. I have no idea why I even tried to lift it, I think I was trying to make sure I got the car out of the way of lane traffic because my car hit the pole and went into the middle of the street. pretty crazy, I was highly freaked out the rest of the day though.
>>
>>35585258
There was a story about a huge ass Boulder, like one ton or some shit, falling on a guy who was on the side of a mountain and he diverted it away from the mountain. Ripped just about every tendon in his body. Was in the news a few years back, today show and everything. Humans are stronger than we think but it's dangerous for us to show our power levels. Mentally challenged people can because they don't know how to hold back.
>>
>>35585258
Everytime I squat I carefully place my realistic baby bot underneath me and then scream hysterically.
I can squat 30kg now, you guys should try it
>>
File: 1450652687385.jpg (13KB, 224x216px) Image search: [Google]
1450652687385.jpg
13KB, 224x216px
>>35587752
nobody said that your brain is capable of knowing the strength of your tendons you fucking retard
>>
>>35587716
tell me more about berserking, how did you do it.
>>
>>35587922
>grew up in there i seen a lot of fucking dogs i can tell their weight
Yeah me too, sand nigger. I can totally scan objects and determine their weight with my vision
>>
>>35588279
meh i dont think you get it but fine believe what you do but at least know this if you pick up something you get a idea of how much it weights
>>
Anyone have the story of the /fit/izen who injected adrenaline as a preworkout, and ended up tearing his pecs and blacking out?
>>
>>35588279
>can't reliably eyeball weight
>lifts
>>
>>35587259

>what is the roll of shame?

I rolled 270 off of me after failing my 3rd rep yesterday, no problems.
>>
>>35588432
>lifts

there's your mistaken assumption. I'd say 25% of this board actually lifts regularly
>>
>>35588466
>I rolled 270 off of me after failing my 3rd rep yesterday, no problems.
no problems aside from the crash of noise and everyones stares and one plate might have rolled over a trainers toe and a dyel asked if i needed a spot
>>
It's a question of how megadoses of adrenaline effects MVC of muscles, which probably involves inhibition of the golgi tendon organ or increased peripheral neural excitability.

There is no magic that makes individual muscle fibers produce more force. When you gain strength a lot of it is from increase MVC (maximum voluntary contraction), or an increase in the percentage of fibers you can recruit. The other gains are from hypertrophy, which is literally just giving you more to contact.

Untrained people have piss poor MVC, like 50% or less, where as high end lifters can get up near 97% during maximal loads. So if adrenaline increases MVC substantially, this hysterical strength could put average untrained people at nearly twice their normal strength.

Combine this with some mechanical and leverage advantages and you can see some seemingly pretty awesome stuff.

People who already lift already have higher MVC, so extreme adrenaline wouldn't cause as large of an effect, assuming it does increase MVC. You could maybe put 10% on your 1rm if someone put a gun to your mom's head.
>>
>>35588269
not that guy, but i've studied it a fair bit and the answer to your question is a rather difficult one to answer, the reason why i was interested in berserks was because i had noticed the tendency in myself and they were the only other place i'd heard of that kind of thing happening.
>>
>>35587761

http://www.biologyofkundalini.com/
>>
>>35585258
Well, your bones break if lightning strikes you, because your _own muscles_ break them.

I guess it makes sense, but it would/could probably be detrimental in the long run (i.e. snap city)
>>
>>35587749
>muricans
>kg

try again
>>
File: 1439858383864.jpg (29KB, 296x296px) Image search: [Google]
1439858383864.jpg
29KB, 296x296px
>>35585258
I saw this episode of "I shouldn't be Alive" (at least I think that's what it was) basically this dude is hiking on a mountain, uh-oh ROCKSLIDE!!!, a boulder falls on this dude and the momentum of the boulder is dragging this chap off a cliff. This dog benches this like 700+ lbs boulder off his chest and saves his life. His muscles literally ripped from the connective tissue, his arms were fucked.

Basically I think I heard the show say we only have access to 1/3rd of our true strength because if we go past that we will damage ourselves. It's only accessed in times of fight or flight with lots of adrenaline.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.