[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a bad idea for a beginner to do cardio on off days?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: 1452125635010.jpg (223KB, 1044x1468px) Image search: [Google]
1452125635010.jpg
223KB, 1044x1468px
Is it a bad idea for a beginner to do cardio on off days?

I'm using this workout http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224
>>
>>35584326
It's not bad but a bit unnecessary. I'd lift first and then if (assuming you are cutting) weight loss stalls, add some light cardio on off days.
Cardio is also good for your heart, just don't go jogging if you are a fatass od your joints are kill.
>>
>>35584326
Might wanna give your connective tissue time to catch up with your muscles. Don't burn yourself. out. You ain't gettin fit in 30 days m8. Low impact cardio probably won't hinder ya though
>>
>>35584353
>>35584359
I was just thinking of doing 10k on the row machine. Do you think that's too much?
>>
You don't need to do a ton but 20-30 minutes on the tredmill once or twice a week is probably a good idea.
>>
>>35584401
do you think I could substitute that with the row machine? I hate running
>>
>>35584326
You should be doing cardio in your workouts anyways Anon.
Change one of your workouts to circuit training. You get the best of both worlds since it's considered HIIT.
>Keep your off days.
Doing cardio leads to better gains. Don't fall for memes.
>>
Yes it's good to do some cardio man, most people in fit are fat fucks that believe that doing no cardio and doing shit like E/C/A stack will make them skinnier if they just skip the cardio.

If you don't know what ECA is is taking coffee and coughing pills to lose weight, which fucks with your heart beat and makes you sweat like a mother fuck.

You want to know a natural preworkout? Almonds and watermelon, fucking pumps you like a mother fucker and it's not fucking 50 bucks a pop.

Want to know a fat burner? A kale, chard, spinach, pineapple, apple, groundflax, banana, and 2 cups of water smoothie. Makes you shit like a motherfucker, cleans your body, and helped me get shredded by losing mad weight in 2 months after bulking.

Shouldn't have told you legit tips, but fuck it, I texted the same shit to a friend of mine through the chrome whatsapp so might as well.
>>
>>35584421

As long as you get your heart rate up high enough. I run because I also want to get better at running, but it's by no means a requirement for effective cardio.
>>
PUPINIA IS BAE
>>
>>35584437
>spinach
>in a smoothie

while it might work with all those components together, i bet it taste like shit
>>
>>35584437
>Almonds
you better be talking about the activated kind
>>
>>35584437
>Shouldn't have told you legit tips
w-what why?
>>
spinach and chard in a smoothie? what the fuck i puked a little
>>
>>35584521
>>35584454
If you complain about the taste, you don't deserve to be /fit/. I had to sometimes hold my breath while drinking some nasty protein powders that don't mix well with water, and I just drink it and don't complain.
>>
File: microexpressions_disgust.jpg (30KB, 524x336px) Image search: [Google]
microexpressions_disgust.jpg
30KB, 524x336px
>>35584437
Went 0 to autism pretty quick
>>
People really considered coffee and coughing pills? Are they on a suicide watch?
>>
>>35584531
Sigh, how is giving tips = autism?
>>
>>35584388

>10k on the row machine

Son you know not what you say
>>
>>35584767
Its not that hard faggot
>>
>>35584537
oh anon. they are quite literally CONFIRMED for suicide watch
>>
>>35584437
Ephedrine isn't 50 bucks a pop m8. It's maybe 20 cents a pop but yeah bad for your heart.
>>
>>35584437
10/10 would hire you as a trainer in my soulless gym that bans deadlifts and gruntng.
>>
>>35584437
goddamn, thats some expensive smoothie
all that cost at least 50 bucks in total
>>
>>35584388

Don't even go within 50 yards of an erg unless you are absolutely certain your form is correct.

If your form is shite you're probably not getting the most out of it and likely fucking up your back in the process
>>
I jog on off days. 3 days lifting 3 days jogging and have done that since I started. Its great for overall health. Just don't go too hard at first. Give your body time to adjust.
>>
>>35587842
Well I'm not 100% sure if my form is spot on, but I watched some youtube videos and I think I have the gist of it down
>>
>>35584326
is it a bad idea?
come the fuck on brah. grab your fucking nuts and get out there and do it. fuck rest days stay forever small bitches.
>>
File: 1442666139759.jpg (51KB, 393x700px) Image search: [Google]
1442666139759.jpg
51KB, 393x700px
Posting in this thread because i think it might be a good place to ask.

I'm a basketball player and i recently (december) started lifting because i'm too weak for the position i play ( center).
Is it ok to do
Monday : Ball training
Tuesday : Lift
Wednesday : Ball training
Thursday : Lift
Friday : Ball training
Saturday : rest day
Sunday : Game day-Lift
?

I think it might be too heavy. Sunday isnt very heavy, i dont play many minutes in my games.
I'm doing SL 5X5 btw because i have no fucking clue of what i'm doing in the gym.
>>
File: 082415_watters.jpg (65KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
082415_watters.jpg
65KB, 780x438px
have you ever noticed that liberals are never buff?
>>
File: why are male feminists beta.png (74KB, 1247x418px) Image search: [Google]
why are male feminists beta.png
74KB, 1247x418px
>>35589631
>>
>>35584437
groud flax,
you probably know what your talking about atleast
>>
aw man pupinia is great
>>
You should do some form of conditioning for your general health.

If you are talking HIIT, it can be a great way to stimulate muscle growth while doing cardio, but you need to make sure you are getting adequate rest and eating enough. It really is a great way to shift the muscle to fat ratio in a bulk though.

If you are a true beginner (no sport in HS/college, etc), you might want to keep your HIIT totally separate from your main lifting days. Since beginner programs are usually 3 tiems a week anyway, this usually means adding a fourth daydedicated to your intense cardio.

Otherwise, jogging/walking can be done way before or just after a workout with no major damage to your lifts so long as you eat enough and rest enough.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.