[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kratom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: kratom.jpg (416KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
kratom.jpg
416KB, 1600x1200px
Has anyone ever tried Kratom? Is it legit? Any side effects? Pros, cons you know the drill.

>inb4 google
>>
google
>>
It is a good mild to moderate opiod high. Great for relaxation, but is certainly addicting as with any drug.
>>
>>35583829
So needless to say it won't help achieve muh gains?
>>
I bought 2 pounds of it but ended up flushing it down the toilet. It felt like a mild opiate so yeah it felt good but was also very addicting.
>>
>>35583765

I've taken Kratom everyday for the last 3 years, let me know exactly what you would like to know.

It is certainly legit, the pros and cons will depend on what you are taking it for and how you are as an individual, everyone is different.
>>
>>35583845
No opioids decrease test and inhibit protein synthesis.

I still use it occasionally, less of a gains goblin than alcohol imo.
>>
It's a decent buzz if you do it once & while. Also helps not to have a massive opiate tolerance.
>>
>>35583857
What are the withdrawal symptoms like and what are your approximate dosages?

Do you regularly use any other drugs in conjunction or nootropics like racetams etc...?
>>
>>35583869

I take between 20g and 25g now daily. (3 years ago it was between 8g and 10g) I stack it with 500mg-1g of agmatine sulfate daily.

The withdrawals are mild believe it or not. I don't know if I can attribute this to agmatine or not.

It's a little worse than missing your morning cup of coffee. I feel foggy, mild aches and pains, and a little weak. Nothing major, I can still work and go to class fine. This lasts anywhere from 3-5 days and you will be more or less back to normal. I do sometimes notice lingering lower mood for up to 10 days after, but again, nothing serious.

I have started and quit like 10 times during this 3 year period.

Funny enough, I just started a nootropic stack very recently. No problems so far, but honestly - I don't think the stack is really doing too much for me currently, so I am considering changing it up.

I wouldn't advise overdoing it with kratom and too many other supps though, you're going to make your liver work overtime doing that for an extended time.

So I am assume you are aiming to take a nootropic stack + Kratom then?
>>
>>35583857
Op here

Does it have any long term side effects to your health? I've heard it can darken your skin.
>>
>>35583845
Let's be honest how many fit opiate addicts do you know? You'll just become dependent on it and lose all motivation to work out. Just wait till you are older and have back pains because of your shit deadlift form and then use it.
>>
>>35583765
it tastes like ass, gives me a decent opiate high for 3 hours, then a headache. also when i smoked weed i got the spins like i was drunk. 5/10
>>
>>35583998
Would you use it as a every now and then relaxer just for the sake of the buzz?
>>
>>35583983

There are no clinical trials, so one cannot be certain.

Darkening your skin is a myth, that I know that for (pretty much) sure. It's a long standing myth due to the fact that it was used in Southeast Asia primarily by farmers and field workers - they were the most common consumers for most of kratom's history - and from working outside all day they were tan.

There is no biological explanation whatsoever (at least that I've ever heard of) of why it would darken your skin anyway.

Long term side effects otherwise; really, all there is that I have noticed, is addiction, tolerance, and constipation. Aside from that, no negative consequences. I feel like I am in good health, and my doctor and everything else indicates that as well.

Kratom has been used for a very long time, and other than what I have mentioned (and a few isolated cases of liver complications) Kratom's health effects seem to be pretty benign, even long term.

Again though, there are no clinical trials so nothing is absolutely certain.
>>
>>35583909
No, I occasionally use kratom (1-3x a week with months long breaks sometimes) and regularly take piracetam with breaks.

I find kratom more rewarding when I'm taking piracetam is why I was curious.

I'm the best version of me on it, which is why I asked about withdrawal. Ever since I started taking it occasionally for schoolwork I wasn't motivated for I became a straight A student and my professors have offered me research opportunities.
>>
>>35584040

Oh, in that case, I haven't REALLY noticed many interactions between my stack (I take oxiracetam) and the kratom. But, the kratom doesn't do a whole ton for me anymore. My morning 10-15g dosage would be like a cup of coffee or something, it does a little something, but it's just a minor mood lift for me at this point. I'm hoping to taper down soon and get back to a few times weekly dosage like yourself.

I'm glad to hear you had such a positive response as well.
>>
>>35583765
Makes you puke if you eat too much. Otherwise its a very nice calming mellow feeling, kind of like ginseng. I like it. I did some for aa preworkout along with a 5hr energy and some black tea. Worked out for three hours it felt so good. Made HIIT easier
>>
>>35584019
Sure. You could do the same thing with heroin and be fine. It's all about if you trust your own self control. Personally I couldn't stop taking it no matter how hard I tried.
>>
Kratom has no side affects, because it has NO effects. It's just a scam.

No testing has ever shown a measurable effect, there is no evidence that its "active ingredients" do anything in the quantities present, and this is the reason why all accounts of kratom's "amazingly variable varieties and effects" have no consistency.

You're just eating ground up leaves and fooling yourself.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.