[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't mind me just posting the best ever core exercise.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: bruce lee dragon fly.jpg (38KB, 560x350px) Image search: [Google]
bruce lee dragon fly.jpg
38KB, 560x350px
Don't mind me just posting the best ever core exercise.
>>
>>35583747
Air humps are for chair chumps
>>
File: Bruce-Lee-Wallpaper.jpg (232KB, 865x1194px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce-Lee-Wallpaper.jpg
232KB, 865x1194px
>>35583747
When you get there, yes. Until then, leg lifts and sit ups. And then bicycle kicks.

A lot of what Bruce did was brilliant. And then there is the fact that 50% of everything he ate was carrots.
He firmly believed they had untapped fitness potential.
>>
Honestly this guy seems like a massive faggot

And what is he even famous for? Isn't he supposed to be in movies? Because I haven't seen him in a single one
>>
>>35585026
lol
>>
>>35584999

>le ebin bruce lee was more then a 3rd class actor meme
>>
File: Fr_lever.jpg (103KB, 736x476px) Image search: [Google]
Fr_lever.jpg
103KB, 736x476px
How many faggots on /fit/ can actually execute and hold proper front lever? My guess is between 0 and 1%
>>
>>35585094

spotted the 70kg weakling
>>
File: 1414497930908.jpg (15KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1414497930908.jpg
15KB, 250x238px
>>35585116
Dude what
>>
>>35583747
Thats not a squat
>>
>itt: excercises 120 pound manlet twinks do
>>
File: 76-No-Way-Out.jpg (55KB, 440x432px) Image search: [Google]
76-No-Way-Out.jpg
55KB, 440x432px
>>35585116
>>35586269
>>35586274
Y'all niggas fuckin ignorant. Just try this shit, it's gonna kick your ass.
>>
>>35586274
This so much. I have a friend that's been doing calisthenics for years and couldn't even strict press 95 lbs for 5 reps (i have a homegym). Not even going to talk about squats.

What's the use of all of the planche and pushup variations of you're ultimately going to be weak af?
>>
>can't do front levers
>does dragon flags instead
step up kiddo
>>
>>35586414
95lbs is decent though, assuming that he's never done it before, has no clue about the technique and doesn't weigh more than 160 himself
>>
>>35583747
>dragon flags
>best ever core exercise

Lol, that's babies first advanced core exercise. Try standing wheel rollouts. They benefit more from adding weight to them too and will work you much harder.
>>
>>35586274
This. " oh woo i can do a flag "
> 4'9''
> 120 lbs
Manlets, do you realize the kind of levers a person two feet taller than you has to fight against ? Hold a 10lbs dumbbell, now put in on a stick and hold it out. Yeah.
>>
File: 1346616319726.jpg (17KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1346616319726.jpg
17KB, 400x300px
>>35586977
>can't even do dragon flag
>b-but muh levers

Who's manlet now?
>>
Being insecure and retarded: the thread

If you idiots mixed your training more often into, say, three cycles each year, you'd be much better off.

Take this:
>strength cycle with powerlifting-based programs
>mass cycle with more accessory work and volume
>overall fitness period, when you remember how to fucking move with gymnastics, martial arts etc.

Flags in short sets are great for strength cycles, augment them with leg raises and weighted sit-ups for pump while doing mass. Planches and gymnastic (mind you, not "calisthenic" I don't know where's the appeal of this "gymnastics for niggers") work is awesome for overall-fitness and fat-loss.
>>
>>35586414

I'm a climber. I have friend lifting above 100 kg on pushups.
They never made it past 5a on climbing quotation.

Muscle and heavy weight lifting is completly different than body strength. Accept it.
>>
>>35587838
No, there is a difference between having muscle on your body vs no muscle when doing any kind of exercise.

One of us weighs more retard. Increased pull up strength doesn't keep up with the accumulated mass of the muscles we've developed on the entire rest of our bodies.

We are far stronger, you are weak af thinking you're cool because you lifted your 120lb bodyweight.

I was a gymnast for 10 years, said fuck that and got strong.
>>
>>35588001
Well I suppose you were a weak fucking gymnasts, actual gymnasts have insane strength, I wrestle with two of them so I know what I'm saying.
>>
>>35586977

>lever privilege
>>
I actually think this to be the best ab workout.

However if you have bony knees it sucks balls.
>>
File: 40gymnastics6.jpg (257KB, 648x810px) Image search: [Google]
40gymnastics6.jpg
257KB, 648x810px
>>35588001
You're a retard. Heavy weightlifting makes you stronger at heavy weightlifting. There are many different athletic feats, all requiring insane amounts of "strength", "strength" being the ability for your muscles to fire and contract hard enough and in the pattern used to complete the exercise.

And don't use the excuse "hurr muscles weigh me down", I climb with a builtfat dude who can do one armed pullups no problem. You're weak at pullups because you don't train them.

Pic related Olympic gymnast
>>
>>35588049
when i try that it hurts my (1st ab?) in the center just below sternum when i try to roll back up.

Is it because im not black? or is there something im doing wrong?
>>
>>35588018
Insane strength/bodyweight ratio. You can't build like a bodybuilder or your strength doesn't keep up with the weight of the muscle mass.
>>
>Bodyweight exercises
I never got it, sure you can do gay flips, but you can't lift shit, you're weak.
>>
>>35588091
Check Karol MaƂecki from Poland. The guy lifts insane shit (given that he's a manlet) but already in his bodybuilding days was able to do the Iron Cross. The problem is over-specialization, whichc leads to neglecting certain types of muscle fiber development. Also to be honest familia - fuck building muscles that I cannot use for everything I want, be that pullups, boxing or squats and deads. These are different realms only on pro-level, I doubt both of us are already there.
>>
>>35588071
>shitty chest
Also Olympic gymnasts lift weights.
>>
>>35588071
These people train using isolation exercises, in addition to mass building exercises.

Isolation exercises Increase strength without adding mass. This is why they can still do these things with their insane mass.

You are just 120lb impressed by lifting your body weight. Then compare your 10 pull ups to a 220 lb guys 7 pull ups and say your stronger.
>>
File: chimp2[1].gif (17KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
chimp2[1].gif
17KB, 160x160px
>>35587838

Body Strength is measured by the force with which you pull and push stuff. Not by how wild you climb around. Get your definitions right, low body strength monkey boy
>>
>>35585094
Just tried this and had to laugh out loud about my failure.

Fucked up core stuff like that gets mentioned way too rarely on /fit/.
>>
>>35588074
how fast are you rolling it at back up? I do it slowly purely because its an awkward exercise.

It might be putting strain on the tendons that attach your abs to your sternum. In which
>>
>>35588183

It's hard as fuck, i can get just beyond 45 degrees
>>
>>35588267
not jerky or anything but stiff and with purpose. I let it rest for a few days and i can go to my nose hits the floor almost but after a 2 or three sessions it goes back to hurting and i stop for a week. It def feels tendonish. not left or right side but right in the middle.

Its a sharp "ripping" kinda thing and I drop straight to my face

Do 3x10, 3x week is that too much?
>>
>>35588349
I can get pretty flat, but holding that position for longer than half a second is amazingly hard.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.