[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meditation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: hotline_miami_by_b_trndl-d5xt7zj.jpg (138KB, 750x1065px) Image search: [Google]
hotline_miami_by_b_trndl-d5xt7zj.jpg
138KB, 750x1065px
Anyone have that no bullshit /fit/ guide to meditation? I can't seem to find it anywhere

pic unrelated
>>
>>35582844
no, but I'm bout that meditation life so bumpin for interest.
>>
>>35582844
Here let me help you

1. Sit down or lay (be comfortable but alert)

2. Watch your diaphragm fill with air and exhale with air

3. When thoughts or sensations and disturbance enter your mind. Simply watch it as you would a passing cloud. Don't cling and get involved. Then simply as soon as you realize you've lost concentration. Go back to watching breath.

That's it, have fun
>>
dont forget your chants breh

>Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao
>>
>>35582891
The purpose of during this is to develop a skill. The skill is to learn how you react and how to go back to "center" as you deal with day to day life. You won't be detached from emotions but with enough practice when you sense the emotions you will be in control. You can then decide how you want to deal with each situation in life. You won't have a emotionally disturbed mind that goes off the rail over every little thing that happens. (Sometimes you may even with lots of practice, overall tho I think the skill helps you be in control)
>>
File: Starting Sit.jpg (2MB, 518x3648px) Image search: [Google]
Starting Sit.jpg
2MB, 518x3648px
>>35582844
>>
>>35583324
Thank you so much Anon
>>
>>35582891
yeah this is pretty much it. simple, but very difficult. I can barely do 20 minutes a day
>>
after a great meal I like to lie down on the floor and feel like garbage...
it's a family tradition...
do you want... to join me?
>>
Is it okay to meditate in a squat?
>>
>>35582844
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PRV6w6VJbc
I like to listen to this when I meditate anon, you should try it out.
>>
>>35582844
I'm on mobile right now but if you youtube Sam Harris mindfulness there's a pretty straight forward guided meditation to show you how to meditate anatomically
>>
>>35582844

I'm going to post one of my favorite guided meditations, but it requires some basic techniques before beginning:

>Breath of Fire - Short Rapid Breaths
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsEZylK8sDA

>The Root Lock (Mula Bandha) - Tightening The Taint [Note: You don't have to sit to do it.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flWBFikeGAA

>Guided Kundalini Meditation - The Actual Meditation Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbYxFg6KFV8

Enjoy!
>>
>no bullshit
>meditation
Pick one?
>>
File: 1444073227975.jpg (91KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1444073227975.jpg
91KB, 1080x1080px
Heeeyyyyyy

This is relevant, I'm going to an isolation tank for the first time tomorrow. Is there anything I should know to make this an optimal experience?

I'm pretty excited but I'm kinda scared ill get claustrophobic in there. Also should I work out before or after? Thanks boys, good thread!
>>
>>35583686
you can meditate in any position. my teacher taught me to meditate while walking, so i sometimes combine my mountain hikes with meditation
>>
>>35582902
Shouldn't you be finding the talismans?
>>
>>35584172
god damn it that finger-on lip pose looks so fucking stupid
>>
>>35584166
I meditate and am someone who doesn't believe in any of that spiritually bs. Its been researched to have a ton of benefits.

>>35582844
1. Set your alarm for 20 minutes
2. Go sit in a comfortable position.
3. Keep your body still, close your eyes and focus on your breathing
4. You'll start thinking about all kinds of shit. Accept this, ignore it and keep returning to your breathing

In about 20 minutes you'll feel like your mind had a good nights sleep.
>>
If you want to get the actual benefits of meditation without the Oriental memes and general utter bullshit surrounding this practice, checkout full catastrophe living by Jon kabat Zinn

It's cognitive training , meditation stripped off all the stupid Oriental shit, and its a good mobility workout as well since it include mindful yoga. Jews are really wonderful

Torrent the book and the audio meditation guide and just do the fucking program, which takes two month
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.