[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

White rice or brown rice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: white-rice-vs-brown-rice.jpg (928KB, 4423x1978px) Image search: [Google]
white-rice-vs-brown-rice.jpg
928KB, 4423x1978px
How does fit feel about rice? I'm getting mixed info, what's the pros/cons to white rice and brown rice? Or is it better to go as far as disregarding rice altogether? Does /fit/ any preferences?
>>
the differences are really negligible.
>>
white rice will give you diabetes
>>
>>35577677

Black rice is best rice. Short grain Brown is for plebs. White is for fatties.
>>
>seeing a problem with eating white rice
>being a DYEL faggot
pick 2
>>
>>35577677

you know both are fine its more about how much you actually eat
>>
>>35577777
witnessed
>>
>>35577777

Fugg are you telling me .5kg of brown rice a night is still unhealthy? Wtf is the point of health foods then
>>
>>35577777
Witnessing.

Sticky says brown rice, but doesn't provide a source.
http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html#part3
>>
white rice while bulking
brown rice to cut
/fit/ likes
dick in butt
>>
File: 1451845995761.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1451845995761.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>35577785
>>35577807
>>35577809

appreciate the witnessing
>>
>>35577865

Last i checkd this was /fit/ not esforce bucko

>mfw quads
>>
>>35577677

White rice is rice without it's outer shell. Brown rice therefor has more fiber, so it's basically this >>35577712
>>
>>35577946

That outer bit is the bran, which has most of the health benefits of whole grains. Removing it also removes y-Oryzanol and phytic acid, which lower cholesterol and protect against colon cancer, while also being antioxidants
>>
>>35577970
The info is mixed, e.g. http://www.ancestral-nutrition.com/why-white-rice-is-healthier-than-brown-rice/
>>
>>35578109

>ancestral-nutrition.com

Oh boy. Typical of paleo, they misconstrue phytic acid as a bad thing, when it's really one of the better things about brown rice

http://preventcancer.aicr.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=7499&news_iv_ctrl=0&abbr=res_

They also try to make out the fact that brown rice has fiber and GI-lowering enzymes that make starch digest slower as a bad thing somehow, that it "intereferes with proper digestion" because all the glucose doesn't enter your bloodstream at the same time

Paleo is tards.
>>
WHITE RICE IS FOR CUNTS
H
I
T
E

R
I
C
E

I
S

F
O
R

C
U
N
T
S
>>
>>35577677
i dont even eat rice, barley and hemp wheat teste much much better in soups and are far more satiating when on a cut.
eat whatever fucking rice you want, if you eat all your veggies and fruits you proably dont need those little antioxidants and fibers.
>>
>>35578184
Fair play.
>>
>>35578184
>phytic acid
>prevent cancer

top cuck

http://www.biochemj.org/content/450/1/115
>>
Most brown rice has the exact same fiber per serving as white. Read the fucking labels. Same macros, same micros.

Brown rice has shit texture and taste. White ftw.
>>
>>35578723

>As expected, we confirmed the well-documented inhibition of tumour cell growth by high levels of InsP6 (≥100 μM) (summarized in [14]). In addition, we show that low InsP6 concentrations (1–50 μM) stimulate growth of lung tumour cells.

Sounds like eating lots of phytic acid > not eating enough phytic acid
>>
Sometimes after eating brown rice I feel like there's a brick in my stomach

I mostly eat white rice
>>
File: 1449975486745.jpg (74KB, 508x610px) Image search: [Google]
1449975486745.jpg
74KB, 508x610px
>>35577777
>Mediocre
>>
>>35578803
Circulating concentrations of someone on a mediterranean style diet are around 0.394 μM

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/biof.5520150105/abstract

At low concentrations, it boosts cell growth by providing nutrients (inositol and phosphate). At high concentrations, it impairs growth by starving cells of minerals via chelation. That would be expected to impair processes requiring high rates of cell division, like wound healing and vascularization after exercise. Not a very targeted therapy.
>>
>>35577677
So, the thread seems pretty neutral about white vs brown, what about more specific types of rice? Is there any health reasons to not eat, for example, basmati?
>>
>>35578989

There's some confusion going on with the conversions here. The other study measures in absolute μM of phytate dripped onto cells in a dish, then this one is measured as mg/L in peoples' blood and urine
>>
>>35579121
I don't know what you mean by absolute μM. To see antiproliferative effects the culture medium needs >= 100 μM. Do you not know how to convert between the two units or are you proposing some kind of massive tissue bioaccumulation above what you would see in the bloodstream?
>>
>>35579360

A bit of both. I'm not sure how you're converting from a set amount in μM to mg-per-liter, or how you're thinking that it's something you could directly compare and infer things from these two different kinds of study. Both papers go on and on about the anti-cancer effects and importance of consuing high-ip6 diets, so I don't get the impression that the conversion is accurate or relatable.
>>
>>35577677
>Rice, white, long-grain, RAW
Amount Per 100 grams
Calories 365
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.7 g 1%
Saturated fat 0.2 g 1%
Polyunsaturated fat 0.2 g
Monounsaturated fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 5 mg 0%
Potassium 115 mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 80 g 26%
Dietary fiber 1.3 g 5%
Sugar 0.1 g
Protein 7 g

>Rice, brown, long-grain, RAW
Amount Per 100 grams
Calories 370
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.9 g 4%
Saturated fat 0.6 g 3%
Polyunsaturated fat 1 g
Monounsaturated fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 7 mg 0%
Potassium 223 mg 6%
Total Carbohydrate 77 g 25%
Dietary fiber 3.5 g 14%
Sugar 0.9 g
Protein 8 g

they are both shit and I bet that there are people that hate on bread but love white/brown rice
while it has worse macros
>>
>>35577814
>white rice while bulking
>brown rice to cut

nice memelogic there

Brown rice has more calories and only 1gram of protein per 100gram RAW more than white rice

don't give advice when u don't even know what u are talking about
>>
File: 1440601240299.jpg (220KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
1440601240299.jpg
220KB, 658x370px
>>35577777
Witnessed for truth
>>
>>35577749
Agreed
Black rice is the only acceptable rice
>>
>>35579458
>they are both shit and I bet that there are people that hate on bread but love white/brown rice
So you're saying rice is bad for you?
>>
Well see the difference is white rice is fucking disgusting and brown rice actually tastes good
>>
>>35577677
rice is a carb

just pick the carb that tastes best to you
rice
bread
pasta
etc
not fucking hard
>>
>>35579450
"≥100 μM" is the molar concentration of a substance in the cell culture medium. You can convert molar concentration to mg/L if you have the molecular weight of the substance (http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=phytic+acid+molar+mass) using the molarity formula. Plasma basically bathes all the cells in the body, the in vitro equivalent of this are culture media which typically use something like FBS (fetal calf plasma without clotting factors) as a base.

This is the standard means of converting between in vitro to in vivo models eg this random paper

http://ajprenal.physiology.org/content/285/1/F79.long

using plasma concentrations of amino acids in humans after a meal determined in this one

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/29/4/340.long

Unless there's some kind of bioaccumulation or active exclusion of substances going on like with the blood-testis barrier or blood-brain barrier, etc it's pretty accurate if the differences between the in vitro and in vivo levels of the drug/nutrient/other substance are as drastic as this.

And just to be clear I don't doubt the anti-cancer properties of grains or phytate. It's just very biologically implausible for dietary phytate to be doing anything directly toxic to cancer cells outside of the GI tract. It could be enhancing immunosurveillance by supplying inositol (as shown in some supplement trials) and helping that way which is much more dose realistic.
>>
What the fuck is this "antinutrient" shit that Google tells me about when I look into brown rice?
>>
>>35577677

Well white rice is basically pure sugars with hardly any nutritional value.

But at least brown rice has some fiber and other stuff in it.

I'd say no white rice period, and brown rice in moderation. Unless you're bulking, then all bets are off.
>>
figured this is the best place to post this.
Is quinoa the real deal or is it another meme food?
>>
>>35580532
Quinoa is bretty good, us Peruvians have been surviving on that shit for years before Spaniards came.
>>
>>35580532
>1/2 cup quinoa
>1/2 cup steel cut oats
>1/4 cup dried fruit
>cinnamon, salt
>water
>bring to boil, shut off, cover and leave on stove overnight
>heat and serve the next day, refrigerate the rest
>add protein powder, peanut butter, whatever

Five days worth of breakfast at ~175 Cal a day before adding protein. Cheap as fuck - a couple dollars, tops, if you buy in bulk - quick, and tasty.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.