[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /fit/, I read the wiki. And I still have no fucking idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1380213346956.gif (2MB, 247x250px) Image search: [Google]
1380213346956.gif
2MB, 247x250px
So, /fit/, I read the wiki.
And I still have no fucking idea what I want to do.

I just want to be fit. And with fit, I mean, in shape. I am a weakling, no arm strength, skinny as fuck man who watches anime all day in a computer. I can barely jog 2K. I have posture problems. If someone would challenge me to a fight right now I would probably lose.
But I'm not interested in getting a muscular body anyway. I don't care about that.

What workout should suit me?
>>
>>35572427
>I am a weakling, no arm strength, skinny as fuck
>I can barely jog 2K.
You are worried about being skinny but you waste calories on running. If you want to put on size you have to use all your calories to lift heavy shit. In my first six months of lifting I put on 15lbs of pure muscle.
There is no specific workout for you to do just go to the gym and have them show you how to use the machines and start lifting.
>>
Starting strength is recommended to newbies because it is good for them, go for SS until you stop increasing weight every week, don't forgot to add accesories and then go for a split, if you want more info ask in the routine general threads, there are more novice routines than SS, look for them and decide what you like more.
>>
>>35572453
>>35572454
What if I don't have money or friends to go to the gym with?

And I could get some neet money for it what should be my diet? I just eat whatever I want these days.
>>
File: wZJTGOC.jpg (738KB, 2100x3150px) Image search: [Google]
wZJTGOC.jpg
738KB, 2100x3150px
Seriously just do Starting Strength or Strong Lifts. Pick one it doesn't matter and stick with it for 4 months and see where you are.
>>
In a similar boat as you, OP. I don't drive and I live a good 20 minutes away from a gym (that I don't even have money to go to anyways) nor do I have friends to workout with. Can't even do a single pushup (not sure if you're THAT bad).
>>
>>35572483
>friends to go to the gym with
hahahahahaha. you dont need friends to lift, anime fag
>>
>>35572529
I can do about 15 pushups
>>
People like you should start with sport like martial arts or something with a ball or just go to the gym and do the routine the trainer gives to you.
If you choose to go to the gym you can choose another routine after some weeks or months.

Brotip: muscles may help in a fight, but actually knowing how to fight helps much more.
>>
>>35572700
I don't know any sport.
I have no self confidence to play it sometimes in fear of being laughed at by my friends and peers
>>
>>35572723
You're never going to make it. STOP MAKING EXCUSES!
>>
SL5x5 w/ GOMAD + OATS
ABBABAABBABAB bi(2=1)weekly rotating PPLPPLPPLPPL when (P = Push but also sometimes Pull but NEVER BOTH)

Count macros
Don't bread
>>
>>35572737
what?

>>35572728
I'm sorry, anime and a life of being a physically weak can do that to you.
>>
>>35572427
Join a gym and do a begginer routine w/couch to 5k
Or
Join a cross fit box
Or
Kill youre self
>>
>>35572754
>Join a gym and do a begginer routine w/couch to 5k
So I work out 5 days a week?
Tell me more, I'm interested.
>>
>>35572760
Ask the dinosaur
>>
>>35572745
i did my first gym sesh today friend
>lanky skinnyfag

I did Strong Lifts 5x5, it's a good starting point and only takes about half an hour, great for building strength.

The early workouts start with just the bar so anyone can do it, I just did a set with gradually more weight until i found a comfortable but challenging starting point.

If you want to get fit, you can do some jogging on the treadmills to warm down.

Can't stress how important it is to actually get a gym membership and go. Trust me i've tried doing bodyweight exercises and stuff at home and it is far inferior.
>>
>>35572427
if you can afford it, get one or two sessions with a personal trainer just to help you know where to start
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 256x256px
The only reason you don't want to be big is that you don't know what your body looks and feels like with muscle tone. I was the same, it's a matter of picking yourself up and going, you determine the where your body goes and what it does, that's what just "DOING IT" means. It only seems difficult because it's unfamiliar, don't think about it, just figure out what you must do, then do it. Get ripped or die mirin brother, I want you to make it.
>>
>>35572554
>>friends to go to the gym with
>hahahahahaha. you dont need friends to lift, anime fag
Ive been lifting for 10 years on and off and I lifted with my sister once and every other time has been by myself.
>>
>>35573098
I lifted with my friends for like 4 months just copying what they did and i barely made gains

went and started SS by myself and made more improvement in 3 days than the previous 4 months
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.