[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

high quality chocolate on a diet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: totally_not_blackface.jpg (504KB, 2400x2996px) Image search: [Google]
totally_not_blackface.jpg
504KB, 2400x2996px
Recovering fatass here, I have a question and I'm not sure if it's a good idea. I love sweets, I absolutely love chocolate, I know it's not good for me but chances are I'll relapse one day and end up with tons of shitty sweets from the supermarket again. What if I bought some really high quality chocolate from a local chocolatier instead? That stuff is expensive as fuck so I literally won't be able to afford much of it, and I could (hopefully) learn to appreciate chocolate and sugar in very small doses again without binging on it like a retard.
Am I stupid for suggesting this or does that sound reasonable in some way? Pic related, said chocolatier who makes that really nice chocolate.
>>
Expensive =/= healthy.
Quite the opposite infact.

Op, just brush your tongue a lot.
>>
>>35570673
I think he's saying that if he buys expensive-ass chocolate, he'll eat less of it because he can't afford to eat more.

OP that's not a good plan. Just work to get your cravings under control over time. Baby steps... If you really have a sweets addiction, then quitting sweets cold turkey will almost definitely lead to binges..
>>
>>35570673
>Expensive =/= healthy.
I know, it's still a bunch of sugar, but I thought that I might be able to enjoy this every once in a while (because I literally couldn't afford it in huge quantities) and have a more healthy relationship to sugar and chocolate that way.
>>
>>35570728
>>35570560

If your self-discipline depends on something other than your self-discipline, you already failed.
>>
>>35570728
No, that was the idea behind it. I'm fine for several weeks but I usually give in after a while, if I just have a bit of chocolate once a week and, to "compensate" for the quantity, just get really freaking nice one wouldn't that be closer to how normal people treat sweets?
>>
>>35570560
You're a retard and a fat person at heart, you're unwilling to make compromises and will never make it. Have fun putting fun yourself in an early grave.
>>
>>35570560
I absolutely don't understand that logic, but whatever, if you think it helps you. I can't look into your fucked up brain, so I don't know why you are asking something that only you can know about.

Btw. really dark chocolate is supposedly somewhat healthy.
>>
I did the same thing with nutella, but with addictive substances, there is no such thing as moderation. I learned that when I destroyed my first bulk.
>>
>>35570560
You're bargaining with yourself and setting yourself up for failure. It's a bad idea.
>>
>>35570823
But shouldn't I learn how to treat sweets and chocolate like a normal person at some point? Like, eating a bit and then leaving it at that?
>>
>>35570855
Jesus Christ you are pathetic. Might as well quit lifting and go eat some fucking chocolate you fat fuck.

"like a normal person". Normal people are fat fucks who will die at 55 from heart attacks, if you really are too much of a pussy to kick that bad shit out of your diet, then just give up, you aren't strong enough.
>>
I don't really like sweets, but I hear coffee suppresses the craving for them.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H5DTAXS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
>>
>>35570855
>like a normal person
Normal people don't eat sweets even "a bit". You are setting yourself up for failure. Next thing you know you bought a 20 pack of Kit-Kat chocolates and you ate them all in one sitting.
>>
>>35571678
this desu senpai
I thought about this a lot on my journey from fat to kind of fit, and I realised that normal people all look like shit, so why try to emulate their eating habits?

>>35570560
Here's what you could do though: count your calories and budget some chocolate into your calories every once in a while. And why not make it the more expensive stuff since you won't be doing it frequently? A 'diet' diet where you're restricted in what you can eat etc is almost guaranteed to fail. You need to commit to a lifestyle change that will allow you to have a healthy relationship with food for the rest of your life.

Oh also if you're not counting your calories and shit already, ease into it. Start by working out what you're currently eating and making some healthier choices, gradually restrict calories over the course of several weeks, etc. /fit/ will probably shit on this part, but the fatter you are the less disciplined you're ready to be and the easier you can lose weight just by making the small, sustainable changes that will lay the foundation for a healthier and more disciplined rest of your life.
>>
if you look at people who maintain a low bodyweight naturally, they dont forbid themseilves things but they don't go crazy about them either.

I used to binge on chocolate. Now I find that I only binge if I buy stuff that sends my dopamine on overdrive - high fat high sugar choc. So cadbury etc and milk chocolate is a no-no.

The darker the choc the less binge inducing but it hits the craving spot. Alternatives are making a cup of cocoa, or an ice/cocoa/sugar slushie as this cuts down the fat/sugar compared to chocolate.

As with anything theres ways to overdo it but this has helped me. I don't stress about it, and then on special occasions like xmas and holidays I buy nice choc and treat myself.
>>
>>35570560
>eat chocolot
>only small amounts
>dont get fat
>can eat better chocolot since not eating kilos

sounds like a decent plan
just figure out hoe many extra calories are acceptable per day week whatever to you and dont go over that number
>>
File: cashew sandwich.jpg (40KB, 497x515px) Image search: [Google]
cashew sandwich.jpg
40KB, 497x515px
>>35570560
Hey OP.

From someone who loves chocolate and doesn't eat -much- other than homemade/raw foods (and even the exceptions are healthy):

Invest in unsweetened cocoa powder and a chocolate-flavoured high quality protein powder (Extreme Milk Chocolate by ON for example).

Pic related is a sandwich I make every day. Just take your cravings and make healthier versions of them. None of that refined, overprocessed trash.
>>
>>35574737
you do relize the kind of choc ops talking bout is less processed then the stuff you get in candybars etc
>>
if it works it works
>>
>>35570560
I think it's a reasonable approach. I don't know why you felt the need to ask a bunch of dumb as shit 17 year olds about it though. If you think something is a good idea, do it and don't ask people to provide you with a backbone. They won't.
>>
Eat dark chocolate instead, like 85%.
It tastes good, is healthy, and it's harder to eat a lot of it.
>>
I work at Hotel chocolat OP, honestly if you want to get chocolate that will actually help you stick to 100%, anything over 70% I would recommend, but 100% is the golden zone. It will take time for you to adjust and it's not the type of shit to just throw down the hatch, but It will satisfy your sweet tooth if you are not eating any other shit. However if you are in America good luck finding chocolate with no sweetners or trucks full of sugar in it
>>
>>35575280
And by the percentages I'm talking coco solids. As I said, if you are in the UK, just order it online 100% St Lucia, or anything else from rabot.

Goodluck
>>
>>35575265
>>35575280
>>35575301
This. If you can fit it into your calorie intake go for dark chocolate with at least 80% cocoa. It's actually quite healthy. Can lower LDL cholesterol and has good micros.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.