[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've struggled with knee tendinosis for the last year o

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: sl5x5.png (79KB, 640x330px) Image search: [Google]
sl5x5.png
79KB, 640x330px
I've struggled with knee tendinosis for the last year or so, and 4 months ago I stopped squatting completely and about 3 weeks ago I started again. I have posted here about form and everyone says lower and lower so here is a video of me doing lower I did 2 days ago. But now I am having knee pain again when about 1.5 months ago I stopped having knee pain. ATG squats hurt the fuck out of my knee and idk what to do about it. I want to be able to squat 400lbs one day but squatting the bar gives me knee pain for idk how long. How long until my knee feels better again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_nmKR5dFiM
>>
>>35568336
bump
>>
>>35568336
bump
>>
>>35568336
bumpp
>>
>>35568336
bump
>>
>>35568336
Try putting some weight on the bar,,,,,trust me
>>
>>35568336
>this guy again
>>
>>35570368
How ccan that help the knee? Makes no sense
>>
>>35568336
A)Box squats
or
B)Rippetoe has a youtube video on knee wraps for tendinitis of the knee.
or
C)Personally I just wrap tight if my knee is really bothering that day, squat deep with heavy weight and deal with it.
>>
>>35570482
where is the video for the tendinitis? Please please god show me
>>
>>35568336
That's literally the most useless angle you could take a video from. Take a video from the side, preferably about knee height.
>>
>>35570499
https://youtu.be/7FonRc8ANxY
>>
>>35568336
Talk to a fucking doctor. Find an ortho with experience working with athletes and sports teams, to make sure they're not retarded. Make sure he knows it's persistent, and that you've tried resting, and that you REALLY want to keep squatting.
>>
Is that the largest rom that you can do pain free? Because that does look parallel, barely, but any higher and it's a bad squat. When you get to more challenging weight you won't have as much control of your depth and you'll probably be too high and not actually squat or be too low and get knee pain.

The more you angle your feet the easier squatting will be on your knees, but it's also less stable, so adopt a wide stance, angle your feet at 45 degrees and really shove your knees out. This stance will not work if your knees don't end up over your toes so make sure you're doing that. When you go back up put most of your weight on the outside of your foot, keep your knees out and hip drive. If this fails then talk to a sports medicine doctor and see if he can help, good luck.
>>
you should try being sane for a while and stop doing what's going to be the source of a permanent disability.

just focus on other lifts, try deadlifts and see if you get any pain from them too.

otherwise enjoy your unrealistic dreams.
>>
>>35568336
How about fixing the form.

>arched back
>ass out
You're trying to weight through the knees.. and probably locking the knee caps.

From another thread on fixing posture and power positioning:
Rotating the shoulders back is as simple as opening the palms and forearms forward. They should roll back almost naturally at that point. No lifting the chest, just suppleness.
https://youtu.be/yKrEvSoG1kg
If you're trying to strain up with the chest and spine, you should do the same with your hips and legs. That's called an open, neutral position, and it can be especially helpful as a counter action to tight muscles through lifts and stretches.. and should be the most comfortable.

PS, knees behind toes, ass down, and lined up. Getting flexible is about the best option at this point, and if you feel the stretch in your knees, just stop and do something else. ..Back-supported butterfly stretches (no flap) and training for the splits.

Enjoy.
>>
>>35570605
How long until my knee gets better again?
>>
>>35570566
Do you think this would actually help me? How long do u think before my knee is okay before I can do it again?
>>
>>35571814
bump
>>
>>35571814
Don't know the extent of injury, your pain threshold, when the pain starts. Tendinitis is tricky, sometimes lingers for a long time. I would box squat on a box just above the point where it starts to hurt until you feel comfortable. Then progress lower and see how it feels.
When mine kicked in I just kept my reps 1-3 range with heavy weight for 8-12 sets and it doesn't bother me on regular back squats with wrapped knees.
>>
>>35572019
It was fine for the 3 months I was off, well it took 2 months to really feel a bit better. ANd I just started squatting last week and now it hurts. fml am i fucked for 2 more months?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.