[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one, /fit/? Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: coffee-or-tea.jpg (38KB, 640x666px) Image search: [Google]
coffee-or-tea.jpg
38KB, 640x666px
Which one, /fit/?

Why?
>>
>>35567041
Coffee, of course. It makes you feel awesome, while tea makes you a sissy cunt as it lowers your libido
>>
>>35567041
Green tea. Can't stand coffee, I always get sick afterwards. No problem with coffein tabs though
>>
Green tea has antioxydant qualities, so if you want to burn fat go with that
>>
I drink both everyday. Coffee is good for stimulating the digestive system and waking you up. Green tea has antioxidants and helps burn fat. Tea doesn't lower libido that is retarded.
>>
coffee because more caffeine and preference
>>
Neither.

Take a caffeine pill with a protein smoothie.
>>
>>35567148
Antioxidants don't burn fat dumbfuck
>>
Cocoa
>>
>>35567041
Coffee to work the body, tea to work the mind.

The L theanine in tea balances a lot pf the negative effects of caffeine out; therefore making it ideal for everyday use while keeping your tolerance in check.

I use coffee before going to gym or to perform other vigorous activities to just fuck my shit up
>>
>>35567070
this.
>>
Tea, because of it's wide range of health benefits and different flavours.

Using coffee from time to time as a PWO or when you really need to stay awake is fine but drinking it several times per day is just addiction.
>>
>>35567148
Wow I bet you take multivitamins too
>>
File: 1368404998236.jpg (6KB, 157x153px) Image search: [Google]
1368404998236.jpg
6KB, 157x153px
>>35567070
>boiled water with some ground up leaves in it lowers your libido
>>
>>35567365
>Coffee to work the body, tea to work the mind.
What kind of bullshit is this?
>>
cheap coffee tastes like shit and tea isn't really that great and in general both stain the teeth
caffeine pills all the way
>>
>>35567536
Ill fucking rek u what part did you not understand

If you had anything resembling a job you'd understand that slurping coffee 24/7 to perform and stay mentally alert is not viable and will only turn you into a zombie
>>
>>35567041
Coffee for cutting and tea for bulking.
>>
>>35567041
here's a tip fellas: make cold pressed coffee!

what you'll need:
coffee beans, given a really brief rough grind
a pitcher
water

put the grinds into the pitcher, use about twice what youd use for a regular pot of coffee, then add the water. put that in the fridge overnight, then mix a cup of that with a cup of milk and your favorite chocolate protein powder. Add a handful of ice, and you've got yourself a chocolate frappicibro.
>>
>>35567639
I'm a paramedic. I know a little something about trying to stay mentally alert. Caffeine is the magic ticket. It's not about coffee vs tea, it's about caffeine content. As long as you keep it under 400mg per day, it doesn't really matter where you get it from. You're claim of "caffeine for the body, tea for the mind" is pseudoscience bullshit
>>
Coffee
>Unhealthy
>Comes in one taste: bitter cowfeces
>Makes you become an addict that will barely function without it
>Gives you energy - actually positive if you are an unhealthy piece of human trash that needs a boost to accomplish even the most basic everyday choirs.
>Only options to combine with are fucking sugar and cream
>Stains your teeth and gives you the runs

Tea
>Great for your health - boosts muscular endurance, prevents various types of diseases and promotes youth among TONS of other benefits too numerous to be listed here
>Boosts metabolism (Green tea) = Fatloss
>Comes in a ton of different flavours
>Can be combined to great taste with other herbs and condinements that are good for you - such as lemon and ginger
>>
>>35567841
Got a source for your claim that coffee is unhealthy? Nothing unhealthy about black coffee.
>>
Coffee is the beverage of based capitalists that fuck girls in luxury vehicles. Tea is for liberals and little kids
>>
Tea.

Coffee fucks me up.
First (and last time having coffee) was a large double-double from Starbucks.
Heart rate went from 86 resting to about 107 bpm.
Had a massive headache for a few hours.
Trembling all over.

I know, it was shitty coffee, but the experience has completely turned me off of coffee.
>>
>>35567821
Well the point I was trying to make is that it is easier to not go overboard when using tea; therefore making it morrle suited for everyday use.

Maybe it's just me being a tard, but whenever I have periods of high stress I wind up drinking WAY too much coffee and burning out. That doesn't happen with tea.

Plus, the effects of L-Theanine. That's not pseudoscience. Given similar amounts of caffeine from coffee or tea, tea will give you a less jittery, more focused feeling
>>
I used to drink a lot of coffee but now I take one sip and I feel like Im gonna shit my pants
how do I fix this?
>>
>>35567933
>First (and last time having coffee) was a large double-double from Starbucks.
This is your problem

>I know, it was shitty coffee, but the experience has completely turned me off of coffee.
Pls try again senpai. Coffee takes you to a magic place.
>>
File: mypartyexperience.gif (2MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
mypartyexperience.gif
2MB, 384x216px
>>35567070
if tea lowers you libido, you must not have a strong libido. visit a doctor maybe
>>
>>35567070
>tea lowers your libido

?????
>>
>>35567041
Tea
It isn't as strong so you won't get caffeine withdraw if you miss a few days. If you need strong caffeine to lift you should probably have gotten more sleep anyway and that'll affect your gains more than just having a disciplined schedule. Also it doesn't make you shit like coffee does.
>>
>>35567933
Starbucks coffee is notorious for having very high caffeine content. That coffee probably had 400mg. That's like drinking 4 cups of home-brewed drip coffee
>>
File: 2015-08-15.jpg (33KB, 516x492px) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-15.jpg
33KB, 516x492px
>>35567991
tfw paramedics don't understand the effects of l-theanine and gaba production
>>
>>35567991
>Given similar amounts of caffeine from coffee or tea, tea will give you a less jittery, more focused feeling
Not really. That's kind of my point. Caffeine is caffeine. It's much easier to take in a high amount of caffeine drinking coffee vs tea, but if you had 200mg of caffeine from coffee in 30mins vs 200mg from tea over 30mins, you're going to have virtually the same effect.

I'm not hating on tea, but you can't argue tea will keep you more alert throughout the day than coffee. That's literally like saying caffeine will keep you more alert than caffeine.
>>
>tfw drink 6-8 cups of coffee a day

Pls help
>>
>>35568164
:(
>>
>>35568090
Do you think drinking green tea will increase GABA, and therefore make you feel more alert? I think you're the one that doesn't understand something mate.
>>
Tea makes me sleepy even heavily caffeinated teas like Earl Grey or English Black.
But I love a good blend of coffee too though I avoid long term consumption.
>>
>>35568198
No, I understand just fine.
>>
>>35568198
eating an apple increases GABA though according to my bio teacher at uconn
>>
>>35567865
you do realise that 80% of adults are addicted to caffeine
>>
>>35568226
How is that related? It's unhealthy just because 80% of adults can't practice moderation?
>>
>>35567041
Drank Coffee for 20yrs, quit and been drinking Tea for a year now. Tea is the Bomb! Has a HUGE fucking variety of flavors compared to coffee bullshit bitterness. Try oolong tea, it will blow your mind,
>>
>>35568211
Please explain to me then. Because, I don't see the point you're trying to make.

If my goal is to feel more alert, why would I be concerned about l-theanine, an amino acid thought to increase levels of dopamine, serotonin and GABA levels.
>>
>>35567991
>Maybe it's just me being a tard, but whenever I have periods of high stress I wind up drinking WAY too much coffee and burning out. That doesn't happen with tea.
same here brah.

i think that paramedic wants us to regard his opinion higher just because he thinks caffeine is the only active ingredient in tea and coffee
>>
>>35568259
becaues that shit's good for you. the closer you are to the ideal wellbeing, the better you feel, the more alert you are
>>
>>35568287
It's the only one that matters. Show me a study that claims any other ingredient is even close having the same effect as caffeine.
>>
>>35568333
>others don't matter
>but they contribute to wellbeing
>but they don't matter

ok bud
>>
>>35568198
Not him but no, not more alert. More focused. As the increased GABA will eliminate the jitterish sides of coffee.

Coming back to ypur earlier post, I know that 200mg of caffeine are 200mg. But the L Theanine present in tea balances out the negative effects of caffeine, is what I am saying.

Hence the use of the word "focused". It will give you the same caffeine as coffee (assuming you drink a lot more tea, obvs), but less sides.
>>
>>35567041
Neither because they stain my teeth like mad.
Once in a great while I'll have a cup of either though.
>>
>>35568356
I'm talking about coffee vs tea and their effects on alertness. Why do you keep mentioning well-being?

You can have both. I'm just saying if your goal is to feel more alert you're probably better off drinking a coffee vs 5 cups of tea.
>>
Utility.

>I only ever stay for a second; there's always shit to do.
>>
>>35567041
Both. Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon. Prefer green but whatever.
>>
Both.
Strong black coffee first thing in the morning before cardio. Coffee pumps me up.

Tea in the evenings. It relaxes me. Yorkshire tea brewed for 5 mins + 1 tsp sugar + a generous splash of whole milk.
Tea + comfy chair + 4chan + peace and quiet = comfy times.
>>
File: 1451538966430.jpg (33KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1451538966430.jpg
33KB, 480x480px
>>35567070
>>
>>35568538
30 mins of running is only 300 calories?
Maybe if youre a slow fuck
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.