[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are squats a meme? Everyone on here goes on and on about squats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: memes.jpg (12KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
12KB, 250x249px
Are squats a meme?

Everyone on here goes on and on about squats but everyone in real life says you'll get exploding knees or snap your back up.
>>
People are retarded, more news at 11
>>
If you're chasing weights and don't have someone checking your form/don't record your lifts for correction - then yes. I injured my back and my knee trying to set milestones like an idiot
>>
"everyone here" is a fucking dyel
>>
File: 1451629892611.jpg (259KB, 920x1385px) Image search: [Google]
1451629892611.jpg
259KB, 920x1385px
>>35561557

So doing them is a meme and not doing them is also a meme?

>>35561584
No shit, that's why I assume their just a meme.
>>
>>35561497
real life? as opposed to a fake life?

Squatting with good technique is up there with the best compound exercises for strength and fitness

how many "real lifers" have actually squatted to tell you otherwise?
>>
>>35561967
arnie literally never did squats and he is objectively the greatest lifter of all time, neither do the hodgetwins

pretty sure ronnie coleman doesnt squat either.
>>
>>35562017
jesus christ how much of a fag and moron can you be
Ahnold stated that squats are great many times, even said that he never counted the reps if they weren't ass to grass (while talking about depth)
and he never was the lifter, he was a bodybuilder and no one can say that he was the greatest bodybuilder of all time, he can't be even called the best bodybuilder of his times
>>
>>35562017
>arnie literally never did squats
Except when he was a weightlifter/powerlifter before moving to body building.
>>
>>35562207
what a load of fucking bull

Arnie started as a bodybuilder and never was anywhing else (if you don't count his attempts at acting)
>>
>>35562207

Arnold never competed or even trained at WL. He did a few informal PL competitions buy he was always a bodybuilder.
>>
>>35561497
i deadlift twice a week and the only time i ever snapped my back up was squatting heavy

i was always shit at squats anyway so i don't do them anymore
>>
>>35561497
if you're bodybuilding then any PL ego lift that can be effectively replaced with a safer alternative is a meme
>>
File: sid.jpg (298KB, 1867x1867px) Image search: [Google]
sid.jpg
298KB, 1867x1867px
>>35561497
I hate squatting. Every time I squat I get knee pains. It's not my form, I got the PT in my gym to check me out. I've given up squats and resorted to leg days using the leg curl and extension machines plus lightweight squats once a fortnight (by lightweight I mean lmao1.5pl8 which is about 70% of my bodyweight)
Knee pains much better. I don't really care about leg gainz anyway, playing pic related gives me a good butt and is a better leg workout than any squats.
>>
File: 13flex_arnold_squat_inset.jpg (97KB, 612x747px) Image search: [Google]
13flex_arnold_squat_inset.jpg
97KB, 612x747px
>>35562017
>literally never did squats
>literally
>>
File: Arnold squats 1.jpg (56KB, 612x455px) Image search: [Google]
Arnold squats 1.jpg
56KB, 612x455px
>>35562017
The fuck you talking
>>
>>35563170
You clearly don't even play ice hockey at any good level. Those guys train at the gym hard, there are videos of those motherfuckers squatting +200kg. If you do sports, you hit the gym to get strength and you transfer that to your sport.
>>
>>35563170
>225 lbs bw
>knee pains
wew
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.