[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we settle this for good? http://strawpoll.me/6498613

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

Can we settle this for good?

http://strawpoll.me/6498613
>>
>>35560114
>low bar "squat"
>>
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahaha
>>
>>35560114
Why not both?I like hb though.should add front squat as well.
>>
>>35560114
Eugh low bar is so vile
>>
>>35560114
About a week ago I read article where they said everyone should go as deep as he can but not trough pain down
>>
That guy doesn't even know how to low bar
>>
>>35560114
who cares? they are nearly the same thing
>>
>>35560210
this. Front squats are actually my favorite squat now. I find low bar most demanding. High bar deep squats feel the best as far as back squats go. I'll just keep doing all of em.
>>
Low bar i more functional, though. It will make you overall mroe stronget in everyday activities. Hig bar is just for show and having useless, big quads
>>
>>35560287
>everyday activities
Lifting hundreds of pounds is not an everyday activity for most people.
Functional strength only matters for people who do heavy lifting outside the gym on a regular basis.
>>
>>35560297
>implying I don't have to squat down and lift your sleeping mom to bed in the evenings.
>>
I do low bar because it's the most comfortable for me
I don't have the flexibility to reach parallel with high bar

That said, why did they pick a guy that has never done a low bar squat in his life to illustrate in OPs picture? The weight is like 10cm ahead of his midfoot, and they even show this with the line.
>>
>>35560114
they have their different purposes, neither is better, both are situational
>>
>>35560287
>Hig bar is just for show and having useless, big quads

spoken like an ignorant jackass. fuck off back to reddit you fucking idiot. LMFAO.
>>
>>35560869
nigga im mad now tell me where u live imma beat ur ass
>>
>>35560114
>2016
>not training both

man, it's like people here don't want to make it.
>>
>>35561107
Do you also do straight bench and incline bench?
lmao
>>
>>35561112
yes, incline db press as a bench accessory. is there a problem with that?
>>
File: high bar.png (2MB, 1382x784px) Image search: [Google]
high bar.png
2MB, 1382x784px
lb is literally useless outside of powerlifting and bragging rights. no respectable athletes who employ squat in their training would do so using lolbar. if i wanted to focus on my posterior chain id do deadlift.
which i do.
>>
>>35561144
The problem is you can't deadlift a decent weight more than 2 times a week but you can squat a decent weight 3 times a week. Combine those with deadlift and even if you forgo squats in deadlift PR day you end up with atleast 4 working of the posterior chain.

So just mix both up.
>>
>>35561174
>The problem is you can't deadlift a decent weight more than 2 times a week
Sure you can.
Just requires non-retarded programming.
>>
>>35561144
>no respectable athletes
An athlete would do the kind of squat that transfers over to their sport best, or no squats at all(lifting weights being a secondary focus to sport specific training and all that). For many sports the difference is probably minimal. Also
>m-muh highbar ayy tee gee superiority meme

>>35561174
>The problem is you can't deadlift a decent weight more than 2 times a week
lazy
>>
>>35560317
dude you deadlift them not squat them
>>
>>35560186
this
>>
>>35561189
Please show me that godlike program because I will do it if it allows me to DL 3 to 4 times a week so I can ditch low bar squats.

Currently at 4 plate, trying to hit 5. So a program with 4xDL that would allow me to progress with the same speed per workout but with more workouts would be great.
>>
>>35561279
>So a program with 4xDL that would allow me to progress with the same speed per workout but with more workouts would be great.
That's not how it works
>>
>>35561144
>>
>>35561144

>people falling for the bait
>>
>>35561302
>Powerlifting
>Posts one guy who doesn't compete in powerlifting and one guy who just got a 6 month ban
>>
>>35561294
Exactly. So why would I deadlift 4 times a week, while I'm gaining the same effect from deadlifting 2 times a week(actually considering recovery probably a better effect). Meanwhile I can DL and LB Squat to a total of 4-5 times a week and ride the gains train.
>>
File: rainbow pl8.gif (2MB, 272x239px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow pl8.gif
2MB, 272x239px
>>35561316
>objective truth
>bait
pick one, nigger.
>>
File: powerlifting general.jpg (606KB, 2260x1728px) Image search: [Google]
powerlifting general.jpg
606KB, 2260x1728px
>>35561302
>weightlifters train with powerlifting movements
>weightlifters are fatter than powerlifters
>weightlifting isn't a balanced full-body routine
these can't even be believed..
whoever made this was outright lying.

>you need good genetics to succeed at weightlifting
ah, there it is.
fatfucks crying about "muh genetics"
>>
>>35561331
>Exactly. So why would I deadlift 4 times a week, while I'm gaining the same effect from deadlifting 2 times a week(actually considering recovery probably a better effect).
But you get a better effect from deadlifting 4 times per week then 2 times. More training volume, more practice in the lift, better opportunities to add variations of the lift to train weak points etc. If we look purely at deadlifting, that is. Of course deadlifting too heavy too often will affect squatting. But you're not going to make double the gains by doing double the amount of sessions and you're not going to add weight from session to session. Also your deadlift training is not going to look the same if you deadlift 4 times a week as it will if you deadlift twice a week, if that wasn't obvious.

>Meanwhile I can DL and LB Squat to a total of 4-5 times a week and ride the gains train.
This is probably the best option for you, right now. As you get stronger you need more stimulus, wich is achieved by training more(more sessions or more volume per session)
>>
>>35561396
>ah, there it is.
>fatfucks crying about "muh genetics"
But that's true. Weightlifting is a bigger and older sport then powerlifting, so of course it'll be more saturated with talented athletes then powerlifting. Things like limb proportions, muscle fiber ratios etc will make a bigger difference because everyone at the top level works their hardest and have talented coaches. Genetics is the one thing they don't have control over.
>>
>>35561336

That's not even ATG.
I'd post Klokov ATG but even him does below-parallel squats all the time.
>>
>>35561429

Also, weightlifting is an oly sport, so some countries spend lots of money to find young trainees with great genetics.
>>
>>35561439
>Also, weightlifting is an oly sport, so some countries spend lots of money to find young trainees with great genetics.
Exactly, the talent pool is much bigger. Kind of like how most buff guys in America goes for football instead of powerlifting.
>>
File: o i am laffin.jpg (163KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
o i am laffin.jpg
163KB, 800x800px
>>35561302
>natty
>elite athlete
>>
>>35561457

>who's candito
>>
File: 1417624168630.gif (179KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1417624168630.gif
179KB, 375x375px
>>35561457
>Roiding for a sport you can't make money in
Blaha pls

>>35561463
A youtuber who recently switched over to a roid-federation?
>>
File: hq.jpg (9KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
hq.jpg
9KB, 150x150px
>>35561463
>>
>>35561323

Ahahahahahahahahaha

Rekt.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygj6XjDHX9s

I train lb and do hb for shits and giggles, i would say that my hb is about 20kgs lighter.
Why the fuck do you kids even argue about this, if its paralell or below it counts. Im pretty certain that nobody in this thread even squats actual weight.
>>
>>35561473
>A youtuber who recently switched over to a roid-federation?
He switched back because the record he was trying to break was destroyed by a roider actually. See his latest video
>>
>>35561607
>He switched back because the record he was trying to break was destroyed by a roider actually.
Oh.
>>
>>35560114
Well from the results it seems /fit/ is full of homo high bar squatters.
>>
>>35561473
I was just saying that no one is gonna get to "elite" level in anything without roiding, unless they naturally have the test levels of a roider.
>>
>>35561804
If you think test is the only deciding factor you know absolutely nothing. There were women at an elite level before steroids existed
>>
>>35561829
an oversimplification in the interest of time. I know there are other factors. There were indeed women at an elite level before steroids existed, and men too. There aren't any anymore, because steroids exist now.
>>
>>35561804

cunts like you who don't make the effort maybe but there are those who don't roid and get elite results, you're just too fucking lazy to put the time, effort and dedication in to get what you want
>>
Kek does anybody inhere even squat 3pl8?
200kgs reporting in
>>
>>35561917
no, the "elite" are the people who are dedicated and genetically gifted but also roid. You are extremely unlikely to reach their level naturally.
>>
ITT : people who cant even squat 3 pl8s discuss about useless shit
>>
>>35561963
This, why do you think people love Klokov so much?
Theres never been another natty on his level, gives hope for everyone though.
>>
>>35561621
>>35561607
which video, bros? i'm going through them right now and can't find it.
>>
>>35562027
>Klokov natty
Nice b8 m8 I r8 8/8
>>
>>35561981
this. even rip says it's not that important how you squat, as long as you squat heavy.
>>
Front Squat
>>
>>35560114
Used to be a highbar fag, but once I got the form right on my lowbar I never went back.
>>
>>35562257
you may need to pull a little bit more if you squat high bar but your quads will be much much bigger.
but fuck it, if you squat 5 pl8s you can squat how you want, you're gonna have a big lower body
>>
File: 1.jpg (4KB, 124x121px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
4KB, 124x121px
>>35560297
Found a desk working office rat
>>
>>35562075
His latest one on his channel. Its like 11 minutes but its in their somewhere
>>
Squating feels good once you develop a good mobility for it and get addicted to strength progress

here is a good video regarding developing squat mobility without stretching

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPXZq7qWob0
>>
>>35560114
I do low bar and front squats. High bar squats are just watered down front squats.
>>
>>35561323
>hurr anything not ipf is not powerlifting
>implying other ipf athletes are natty
>>
>>35560114
Lowbar only because form is easier to maintain
>>
>>35564028
this guys form isnt very good
>>
>>35560869
nice dude nice, you really showed him and refuted his point

why dont u go back to reddit
>>
what is better for a long/short torso?
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.