[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> chromium picolinate is partially converted into a carci

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1452102065345.jpg (109KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
1452102065345.jpg
109KB, 620x349px
> chromium picolinate is partially converted into a carcinogenic form when it enters cells, new Australian research has found.

http://www.baka.com.au/lifestyle/diet-and-fitness/popular-chromium-supplements-linked-to-carcinogens-20160110-gm2pm4.html
>>
replace baka.com.au with s m h.com.au without spaces
>>
"The question remained why the chromium was oxidized in the overall reducing environment of the cells. The authors present a possible and plausible explanation: During cell signaling, and especially insulin signaling, strong oxidants such as hydrogen peroxide are formed, which will trigger the formation of reactive chromium(V) and chromium(VI) intermediates."

Source: http://www.news-medical.net/news/20160106/New-report-raises-questions-about-potential-risks-of-chromium-therapies.aspx

At what rate does this oxidation happen, and what dosage and form of chromium is required to cause this reaction in humans?

inb4 SHUT IT DOWN
>>
File: grinning recycle man.jpg (63KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
grinning recycle man.jpg
63KB, 680x453px
>>35558611
>Australian research
>>
>>35559456
There were Americans involved too.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/anie.201509065/abstract
>>
>>35559456
Australia actually produces a lot of important nutrition research. I've done a couple of research papers on nutrition topics for school, and almost half of the more interesting studies came from Australia.
>>
>>35559456

Australia actually has a high-performing research community
>>
Chromium is kind of a useless supplement anyway.
>>
>>35559482
>replying to a troll
>>
>>35558611
>supplementing chromium
>>
>>35559555
i considered taking it a while ago, i think its supposed to be good for skin or clearing acne
>>
>>35561928
I was also considering trying it to balance out insulin level better and maybe help with energy level throughout the day (at least that's what they say it's good for). I almost bought a multi with a lot of it in it. This is just another example of how rapidly science changes. You just can't win even if you want to do the right thing.
>>
>>35562076
Actually, it wasn't picolinate in the multi I almost bought. It was some shit called "Crominex 3+".
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.