[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to do with egg yolks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 12

File: egg-yolks.jpg (51KB, 620x445px) Image search: [Google]
egg-yolks.jpg
51KB, 620x445px
I hardboil my eggs and take out the egg yolks.. i dont want to throw them away, what should I do with them?

I know the egg yolk has 4.5 grams of fat and 17 calories, and 8 milligrams of sodium.. So should I try to make them into something -- or is it best to just throw it away? I mean, the egg yolk does have 2.7 grams of protein.
>>
>>35553956
Eat it you fucking cuck

Eat all the eggs
>>
>>35553956

Give it to the dog
>>
>>35553956
eat the yolk it's good for you
>>
>>35553956
eat it you retard
>>
thats funny i only eat the yolk
>>
>>35553985
>cholesterol and saturated fat
>good for you
>>
Eat it you dumb ass nigger
>>
>>35553956
it's healthy fats (like avocados) and good cholesterol (not the kind in burgers and fries). eat your yolk to get yolked
>>
>>35553956
put all the egg yolks in a small bowl and add a little big of mayo and curry powder, blend that shit together and scoop it back into the egg whites.
Shit is so good
>>
>>35553972
Is it healthy for my dog?
>>35553985
No, sorry it's not
>>35553999
never gonna make it
>>35554031
Yes, I agree with this statement.. it is a healthy fat -- but still, I'm trying to lower my body fat to 12%.. I know I still need fat tho
>>
Stop being a faggot and eat it
>>
>the current year
>not eating yolks
Pick one
>>
>>35554046
Heard this one before, it sounds delicious but would kill my fucking gains. Just one tablespoon of mayo has over 10 grams of fat and curry powder is fat and calorie dense
>>
>>35554068
>Making It
>eating egg yolks
choose one
>>
>>35554070
Miracle whip lite mang
>>
Eggs are comparable to cookies when you don't take the egg yolks out. Source:

http://www.doxtor.fit/2016/01/eggs-are-considered-healthy-and-protein.html
>>
Crumble it up and put it in a salad. Also enjoy your egg farts. I sometimes mix it was tuna and yummy mayo and eat that
>>
>Throwing out the yolks
Throw away your cookies and chips instead faggot. If you throw away the yolks and you're not a 100 lbs woman or a proffesional bodybuilder something has gone terribly wrong
>>
>>35554070
Yeah... use light mayo if you are worried about too much fat, and you only use a few grams of curry powder it pretty much adds nothing...
>>
>>35554049
Once in a while is ok for your dog, but too many or too often could result in pancreatitis
>>
>>35553956
Eat them you idiot.
>>
>>35554014
>still thinking fats are bad
>2016
shiggidy
>>
>>35554171
>Implying I haven't already thrown away my chips and cookies
My diet consists of skinless chicken, oatmeal, egg whites, vegetables, and the occasional sausage and spaghetti with turkey.
I'm training to be a world class athlete
>>
>>35554203
confirmed for not makign it
>>
>>35554214
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>35554214
>I'm training to be a world class athlete
What sport? Also
>implying a future world class athlete would have to ask /fit/ for nutrition advice
>>
>>35554214
>aspiring to be a world class athlete
>spending his time on a Japanese manga forum

Not gonna make it bro. Go do mobility work or something.
>>
>>35554214
>not eating chicken hearts
Confirmed for not competing in a manly sport.
>>
File: 1452042856440.png (209KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452042856440.png
209KB, 480x480px
>>35554214
>>
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrient&dbid=50
>>
>>35553956
yolks contain 40% of protein.
>>
>>35554244
>implying a future world class athlete would have to ask /fit/ for nutrition advice
I have numerous coaches that could give me this advice. I'm not here to be a faggot and hurr durr im world class athlete shit or like that, just getting ideas what to do with my fucking egg yolks. I'm not asking if I should eat the fucking egg yolks, im asking what the fuck i do with them
>>
>>35554326
Shove them up your ass you delusional moron.
>>
>>35554248
>implying it's not my off day
>implying it's not my first off day in 2 weeks
>>35554255
hater
>>35554292
egg yolks have 2.7 grams of proteins whereas the whites have 3.6 grams
>>
>>35554203

>all fats are the same
>>
>>35554326

Yeah, well I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>35554339
this desu

I still get surprised by how stupid people here can be.
>>
>>35554341

well that sums up to 40% doesn´t it?
>>
>>35554326
Of course you should eat them you retard. Next question.
>>
>>35554107
Yea but the cookie doesn't have protein you ignorant monkey.

Also this fucker has no credible source aside from taking a random cookie and random egg nutritional facts. Some fatty will go get a jumbo chocolate chip cookie thinking it's better for you than eggs.
>>
>>35554266

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-choline-and-cancer/
>>
File: image.jpg (182KB, 750x1227px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182KB, 750x1227px
>>35554214
>spaghetti

NEVER MAKING IT

>EVEN THE CAPTCHA
>>
>>35554432
I probably eat spaghetti maybe every 3 weeks, if that.
>>
>>35554383
tru, but the fat to calorie content isn't something to get excited about
>>
>>35554214

Spaghetti ain't paleo, you're fucked m8
>>
>>35554514
see >>35554508
>>
>>35554049
Of course it's good for your dog, I work with veterinarians and they ALL approve of boiled eggs. One of the old timers (80-something years old) recommends that you give your dog a half a boiled egg (depends on size) every other day for skin and coat health, and he's always raving about how eggs are one of the most perfect sources of nutrition available.
>>35554198
Hard to avoid this kind of ignorant shit. Some people just love to add input no matter how little they know on the subject. Stop repeating retarded shit.
>>
>>35554432
>Proof that captcha is evil
>>
>>35553956
>2016
>not eating the unborn young of a weaker animal
>>
>I don't want to eat my egg yolks
>I don't want to throw them away
WHICH ONE IS IT YOU FAGGOT
DO YOU WANT US TO TELL YOU YOU CAN MAKE ART WITH THEM OR SOMETHING
>>
just buy pure eggwhite if you're too much of a faggot to eat the yolks, jesus christ.
>>
>>35554411
>http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-choline-and-cancer/
lol a Vegan MD.. into the trash it goes..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Greger

also anyone who would associate with Mehemt oz should be soundly ignored.
>>
>>35554214
>spaghetti

oh dear
>>
>>35554745

>ad hominem
>>
>>35554789
no I dissed his diet.. if you impute a personal attack therefrom that's your affair..
>>
>>35554624
BLOOD FOR LUCIFER

BRING IN THE SACRIFICE
>>
>>35554802

You responded to the video by attacking the person who made it, rather than what the video said
>>
>>35554818

because the person who made it is bias towards eating moss.
>>
>>35554825

>he thinks something different from me, that means he's biased and I can ignore any information he presents
>I'm totally unbiased because I only listen to people who say things I like
>>
>>35553972
This is what I do

My dog loves those things
>>
>>35554945
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Greger

Greger's promotion of veganism has been criticized for including exaggerated claims of health benefits not backed by sound medical evidence.[3]
>>
>>35553972
Jeff pls go
>>
>>35555016

That refers to this criticism

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/death-as-a-foodborne-illness-curable-by-veganism/

which has also been criticized for critizing things he didn't say, and things that are unrelated to him and his presentation

http://donmatesz.
blogspot.com/2013/02/harriet-halls-critique-of-gregers.html
>>
This seems like as good a place as any to ask if it's true that eating more than 2-6 eggs (depending on who you ask) is bad for you because of the cholesterol content.

If this is true to any extent, would eating the whites only help with this?
>>
>>35556905
2-6 eggs per week*
>>
>>35556905

Skipping the yolk and just eating the white gets rid of nearly every problem with eggs.
>>
File: file.png (200KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
200KB, 480x270px
>>35553970
Eat all the eggs
>>
>>35556980
But what exactly are those problems and how severe are they?

I would much rather eat the yolks for flavor alone.
>>
>>35554351

Saturated fat is good for you, in fact, you need saturated fat to survive
>>
File: dietary_fat.jpg (64KB, 619x486px) Image search: [Google]
dietary_fat.jpg
64KB, 619x486px
>all these low test betas hating on fat
>>
>>35554014
it's 2016 grandpa
>>
File: 1367119061945.jpg (20KB, 350x392px) Image search: [Google]
1367119061945.jpg
20KB, 350x392px
>believing the lies of the Egg Lobby
>>
>>35557222
>Those r-squareds.

I bet the intercept is more significant than the coefficient. That's how shit this is. It's as if I'm looking at a social scientist's work.
>>
>>35557194

Wrong

http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=10490&page=422

>>35557222

>from an observational study done on 12 people over 17 days

You forgot the best part, protein negatively correlated with testosterone. Better not eat any protein.
>>
>I'm training to be a world class athlete I can't eat egg yolks!

World class athletes eat "unhealthy" food you tard, having a couple eggs is irrelevant when you train 12 hours a day.
>>
>>35554049
>the year 2000 + 16
>not cutting on keto and eating all the egg yolks with mayo and spices
>>
>>35554014
>2016
>1990
pick one
>>
>>35557453

>#YOLO
>>
>>35554049
>trying to claim that yolks are anything but great
>without sourcing
>>
>>35554088
>staying dyel
>eating yolks
pick one
>>
File: bd0f0508.jpg (557KB, 695x900px) Image search: [Google]
bd0f0508.jpg
557KB, 695x900px
>>35557394
DId you even read that page?
>it is not advisable to achieve 0 percent of energy from saturated fatty acids..
>we're not really sure if SAFAs are beneficial

Also, maybe check around.
https://examine.com/faq/are-eggs-healthy/

>You forgot the best part, protein negatively correlated with testosterone. Better not eat any protein.
You should also stop with the pretense. A single amount of nutrition having negative correlation with T is probably overcome by multiple sources of other nutrition having positive correlations. Limiting factors, ya know? Signalling.

Furthermore, there's no reason to imply that it's causation, because that could be a mechanism that happens specifically because of, e.g., an over-prevalence of DHT, or maybe even an under-prevalence (as it isn't converted into estrogen and blocks the aromatase enzyme that converts testosterone into estrogen).
>>
>>35554049
>Yes, I agree with this statement.. it is a healthy fat -- but still, I'm trying to lower my body fat to 12%.. I know I still need fat tho
Dietary fat doesn't just become fat. Calorie intake, calorie output.
>>
>>35557157
Pls respond
>>
>>35554107
>Looking at the strict nutrition facts of a hard boiled egg, it has 6 grams of fat -- 1.6 grams of which saturated fat, 78 calories, and 62 milligrams of sodium (not to mention the doses of salt we all put on it). But a regular chocolate chip cookie has just 4.5 grams of fat, 2 -- 2.3 grams of which are saturated fat, 40 calories. and 42 milligrams of sodium.

>Wait, what? According to the plain nutritional facts, it seems as if a cookie is actually healthier than a hard boiled egg? Not so fast. While the cookie does put up better nutrition stats..

WTF is this even implying? How ludicrous it is to say that something is healthier because it has "less fat" (minimally), albeit more saturated fat (still pretty irrelevant -- moderation), and fewer calories. A cookie is fucking not great for you because it has a bunch of refined sugar that doesn't have to metabolize to reduce filter requirements, that also signals pulling stores of nutrients that aren't replaced because it's a cookie, and doesn't signal feeling full which can lead to unsatisfaction and low quality eating habits.. not to mention addiction and a hangover if some of those nutrients actually deplete, a sugar crash, etc.

>Half of a cookies fat is saturated, meaning half of the fat content is going straight to storage
No.
>>
>>35557641

>>it is not advisable to achieve 0 percent of energy from saturated fatty acids..

Don't take that sentence out of context.

>It is neither possible nor advisable in typical whole food diets
>This is because all fat and oil sources are mixtures of fatty acids, and consuming 0% of energy would require extraordinary changes in patterns of dietary intake

Meaning it's basically impossible to get 0% of your calories coming from saturated fats because all whole foods have fats and all fats containing some proportion of saturated fats, so your diet would have to be 100% refined sugar and protein powder to get 0% of calories from sat. fats. They're saying there's no known health benefits to eating saturated fat, while there is known health problems, which is why it's recommended you keep your intake as low as possible.

>there's no reason to imply that it's causation

That's my point.
>>
>>35557785
>Don't take that sentence out of context.
Why? Both that statement and the further sentences are implying the same thing, and the page is definitely not within much company with the idea that saturated fats are negatively impactful.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fat_cholesterol_truth.htm
>>
>throwing food away
Literally kill yourself
>>
>>35553956

cut a hole in your pocket and drop them out the bottom to avoid being caught
>>
File: fat recommendations global.png (154KB, 1275x782px) Image search: [Google]
fat recommendations global.png
154KB, 1275x782px
>>35557893

>Why?

Why not alter a sentence and take it out of context to make it sound like it says something else? Because that's dishonest.

>and the page is definitely not within much company with the idea that saturated fats are negatively impactful.
>links to fucking bodybuilding.com

There's a worldwide scientific consensus that saturated fats are bad for you. This has been common knowledge for decades now. Every group of scientists in the world who specialize in this sort of thing agree with that page, which is from a textbook of the National Academy of Sciences.
>>
File: 1449823762903.jpg (70KB, 522x593px) Image search: [Google]
1449823762903.jpg
70KB, 522x593px
>>35554214

>living the meme
>>
Why even buy a product if you're going to dump half of it? You're basically doubling $/gram of protein price, at this might as well go for expensive non-fat seafood and whey
>>
>>35557970
Oh wow, a "reputable" site says the same.
http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20140320/dietary-fats-q-a

>..For instance, the analysis found that a type of saturated fat linked with milk and dairy products reduced heart disease risk.

Obviously, if fat doesn't make you fat (and if nothing else does), you're obviously going to have minimal heart disease risk, which is the only negative impact you even seem to be claiming the potenial of.
>>
so eggs are bad for you if you are trying to cut? what do i do mix the whites from four eggs with one yolk?
>>
>>35558068
>so eggs are bad for you if you are trying to cut?
no
>>
>>35558067

I don't consider webmd a reputable site, but this article also isn't saying saturated fat isn't unhealthy. It's just reporting on a recent study that had an unusual finding, and saying how experts reacted to it, which as it explains on page 2, was negative. Dozens of scientists picked this study apart, the authors were forced to correct several errors, and some even called for it to be retracted altogether.

http://news.sciencemag.org/health/2014/03/scientists-fix-errors-controversial-paper-about-saturated-fats
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/2014/03/19/dietary-fat-and-heart-disease-study-is-seriously-misleading/

>Obviously, if fat doesn't make you fat (and if nothing else does), you're obviously going to have minimal heart disease risk

What are you basing that on? The main reason it increases heart disease risk is because it increases cholesterol levels and damages arteries. Whether you're skinny or fat, it's bad for you, though being fat adds to the problem.
>>
>>35558154
Overall increased cholesterol isn't necessarily unhealthy. There can be high cholesterol but great individual cholesterol levels.

>but this article also isn't saying saturated fat isn't unhealthy
It literally says, as quoted, that some saturated fats reduce heart disease risk.
>>
>>35558197

>Overall increased cholesterol isn't necessarily unhealthy. There can be high cholesterol but great individual cholesterol levels.

I'll clarify, saturated fats raise LDL cholesterol disproportionately, and lowering LDL has been the most effective way to lower heart disease risk

http://www.bmj.com/content/314/7074/112.long

>It literally says, as quoted, that some saturated fats reduce heart disease risk.

You're misrepresenting things again. It says the analysis it's reporting on said this. The same analysis that was nearly retracted from the journal it was published in because it had so many errors.

I'll give you the last word, I have to shower and eat
>>
>>35558239
>It says the analysis it's reporting on said this. The same analysis that was nearly retracted from the journal it was published in because it had so many errors.

Learn to read retard.

>Association of Dietary, Circulating, and Supplement Fatty Acids With Coronary Risk: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=1846638

>Major types of dietary fat and risk of coronary heart disease: a pooled analysis of 11 cohort studies.
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19211817
>>
>>35555177
He can publish ina reputable journal if he actually has anything to say. Real researchers do not deliver their research in video form to a completely uneducated audience. That's for conspiracy theorists, Snake oil salesman, and retards.
>>
>>35557344
This. With that much variation and that low a sample size you could easily be getting false positives.
>>
>>35557222
Almost zero correlation
No r factor

It's like someone fired a shotgun at a target and drew a line through it
>>
>>35554107
>A has less fat than B, therefore A is healthier than B
>A has less calories than B, therefore A is healthier than B
Momscience at its best. You could literally make this same argument for a tablespoon of sugar vs an egg.
>>
Nice bait opie. Implying that dietary fat & cholesterol need to be limited in any way shape or form. Top kek you meme-indulging fucks.
>>
this communist trolling yall real good
gj op
>>
How many eggs a day is okay? I sometimes down up to 15 a day (yolks and all, in 2-3 different meals), is that normal? I'm 190lbs btw
>>
>>35558426
lmao is this real?

or a really good shop?
>>
>>35558504
It's pretty real as far as I know, fellow anon.
>>
File: a0abc075dfb5d76d7298dc0c6113.jpg (11KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
a0abc075dfb5d76d7298dc0c6113.jpg
11KB, 320x213px
>>35557045
>that file size
>>
>>35558477
I've always been afraid of doing that because of "muh cholesterol" and "muh saturated fats."

How unfounded are these claims?
>>
>>35559345
It's like he took a thumbnail of a thumbnail
>>
>>35553956

What the fuck are you doing not eating those!? It's literally the best part!
>>
>>35554326
That's really interesting OP, because I have numerous coaches that could give me this advice. I'm not here to be a faggot and hurr durr im world class athlete shit or like that, just getting ideas what to do with my fucking egg yolks. I'm not asking if I should eat the fucking egg yolks, im asking what the fuck i do with them
>>
>>35554070
curry powder doesn't have any fat....
>>
>>35562061
throw them out if you're a faggot. wtf else do you think you should do with them?
Jam them up your ass?
>>
>>35554046
use thuna instead of curry, and a little pinch of mayo, and bam, you've got some tasty oeufs mimosa
>>
>>35553956
mash them with mayo and herbs.
put them back
>>
>>35553956

Add to yogurt, mix with mustard and spice to taste. Fill mix into the white halves

Congratulations, you just made deviled eggs you fancy fuck
>>
>>35553956

Eat the yolks, you need the fat and protein.
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.