[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's ready to start training for spring regattas? [spoiler]What,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: rowing3.jpg (390KB, 1320x660px) Image search: [Google]
rowing3.jpg
390KB, 1320x660px
Who's ready to start training for spring regattas?

[spoiler]What, you mean you haven't been training over winter break?[/spoiler]
>>
My boat is getting eternally fucked because we just dropped our new empacher from all the way up from overhead, taking it to snap city. it's straight erging for a week now, so ya we're getting in shape real good
>>
Bruh, desu I'm just waiting for nationals, states, regionals, etc. just aren't as fun
>>
>>35553459
Never had i seen my coaches more pissed off than when my crew dinged up or dropped the boat. Ive only had one terrible incident where the bow point was cracked. Our punishment was nonstop erging for a week. Not a fun week of practice.
>>
>>35553492
Fml
States, regionals, etc. Just aren't as fun
>>
>>35553459
>>35553506

Shit. Worst we've done is smack the boathouse door frame with a rigor. Fortunately our club is poor and our most expensive boat is probably around $10,000.
>>
>>35553506
I knew a guy that managed to sink a brand new first time on the water boat the first time he went out with the uni rowing club
>>
>>35555098

A four? Or a pair?
>>
damn, I wish I still rowed
>>
>>35555246
why'd you quit anon
>>
I'm wondering if I should start rowing again.
>>
>>35555260
I was a heavy weight but my coach wanted me to try being a lightweight, so I was told to drop 15 pounds in two weeks only to have him cut me after I had lost the weight. I was so pissed I never went back
>>
>>35552432
>>35555555
>>
>>35555200
He was cox in an 8 i believe and steered it really really badly. This was in his first year first semester btw so guy was full on hated by the rowing club for his whole university career. I knew a couple of people big into the rowing club and it was apparently their most expensive boat at that time.

I always kinda lacked sympathy tho just because taking a bunch of greenbacks on the most expensive boat is not the smartest move but then I can imagine this particular guy pretending to have experience he didn't have and acting like a prat around the whole incident.
>>
>>35555494

Yeah, I'd agree, both parties are at fault. In my club we've usually got one launch per boat we've got practicing, so shit like that just doesn't happen.

That said, we have had some pretty dumbass coxswains. Like that one girl who distracted her eight rowing a continuous 26 to shout, "don't hit the ducks!"
>>
File: Chicago Sprints 2015 Sunday 022.jpg (3MB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Chicago Sprints 2015 Sunday 022.jpg
3MB, 3456x2304px
One obese kid ruins it for everyone. Two is just...
>>
>>35555852
tfw last year was slow and got the boat with a fat kid rowing stroke
>>
File: carnage.jpg (165KB, 1919x1078px) Image search: [Google]
carnage.jpg
165KB, 1919x1078px
Obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDvMBPZ5Bik
>>
File: 2k.jpg (106KB, 400x711px) Image search: [Google]
2k.jpg
106KB, 400x711px
Post 2k
> 6:38
>190 lbs
> 6'

> want girl on team
> she only wants to row she says
> there are tons of girls but still
>>
>>35555928
good work negative splitting that shit

haven't done a 2k recently but did a 6k last month and clocked 1m52s
>>
File: sick.jpg (43KB, 605x196px) Image search: [Google]
sick.jpg
43KB, 605x196px
Fookin sick m-frames brah ya sick cunt
>>
File: ss.jpg (146KB, 551x756px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
146KB, 551x756px
>>35556010
keep at it kid.
>>
>>35556031
i will, thank you sir
>>
File: work.jpg (119KB, 551x643px) Image search: [Google]
work.jpg
119KB, 551x643px
Post the hardest workout you've ever done. Includes 2k or tests.
>>
I've been interested in trying rowing for a while, as a 24 year old who is no longer in college how could i go about getting into rowing?
>>
>>35556106

Local rowing clubs, but don't expect to get very good as a team. In my indirect experience they exist for those in search of a hobby, and practice is optional at best. They won't promote the kind of six-days-a-week, "row fast, row well, or get the fuck out" mentality you'll find at university.

Alternatively, you might see if you can join a university rowing club despite not being enrolled. I know a guy who did that as a gag, rowed for about a month and then quit.
>>
>>35556106
renting a scull or joining a masters learn to row program. Incorporate it into a healthy lifestyle. Most masters are golden agers though.
>>
>>35556158
>Local rowing clubs, but don't expect to get very good as a team. In my indirect experience they exist for those in search of a hobby, and practice is optional at best. They won't promote the kind of six-days-a-week, "row fast, row well, or get the fuck out" mentality you'll find at university.

Oh I'm actually not looking for anything hardcore, I'm interested in rowing as a leisure activity and as a way of incorporating cardio into my routine
>>
>>35556079

Holy shit dude. And here I am happy after pulling a sub 7 2k.
>>
>>35556079
Some shitty ass scores tbhfam. I pulled a 1:42 avg split 2K back in school and I was probably one of the weaker guys on my novice squad.
>>
>>35555899
That is both hilarious and horrendous. Those pushy mothers need to be dunked imo, someone should have pushed them in
>>
>>35556183

I hope you live somewhere warm, then.
>>
File: B at the playground.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
B at the playground.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>35555899
Why the fuck are the girls just sitting sideways in the race way? Wtf is even happening???? do these girls not know how to steer a boat?
>>
>>35556264
Mexico, so yeah, it's like 22 degrees (celsius) here during the middle of the day in winter
>>
>>35556288
There is obv some steering issues in there. Googling it they had a staggered start and were novices so likely a few got bunched up and had difficulties moving out. It can be quite hard to balance in the boat at the best of times so it often takes a while for newer rowers to begin to move in those situations. The shouting and pressure from the dock won't have helped.
>>
>>35556031
>>35556079

Nice! I just started rowing (usually bicycling, but >30cm snow), currently at 2.12-2.15/500m. Rip me.
>>
>>35556511
I couldn't run a mile when I started.
>>
>>35557891
>>35556511

Neither could I. Four months later, I can row 6km in 21 minutes, and erg two hours a day without feeling the least bit dead afterward. You'll do fine.
>>
>>35555899
what the fuck they literally moved INTO the way, women drivers holy fucking shit
>>
>>35552432
>State finals for CT we were the complete underdogs the entire season
>In first place for 90 percent of the race
>in the last 20 or so strokes get walked by simsbury
>shit was in like slow motion
>it was 6 years ago and i still think about it every day

fml
>>
>>35555899
IT'S ALL
THE SAME
FUCKING
REGATTA

Dear LORD I would be throwing a shitfit at these girls.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.