[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ been lifting with ya all for quite a while now but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 655471.jpg (114KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
655471.jpg
114KB, 640x640px
Hey /fit/ been lifting with ya all for quite a while now but now I'm hoping someone here can help me with a problem I've been having since I was a kid. Nightmares. Real fucking nasty ones that seem like they last for days. It's always shit that that terrifies me at the core of my being. Tornadoes, nukes, being eaten alive, waking up in the basement with that "thing" down there we all ran from as children. Every night I descend into my own personal hell. How do I get off this ride?
>>
This is /fit/.

Go see a shrink, bro.
>>
>>35545755
Don't take melatonin and don't sleep on a full stomach. The second part might sound like mom logic but it's true. Also, seek help.
>>
>>35545776
Shit I do take melatonin
>>
>>35545755
I was expecting more people to have this problem. Now I'm worried it's just me...
>>
I can get a nightmare every now and then, but the only time i had them regularly was when i was on antidepressant.
>>
Just fuckin deal with it. I have had vampires stick needles in every inch of my skin and suck all my blood out until I was a retarted vegetable. I have had reoccuring dreams of a statue of Jesus with lizard eyes skating around trying to scare me.
Ive had sleep paralysis, dreams of apocalypse, fights with lions, visions of car wrecks and my own head cracking on the pavement.
Just deal with it. Go to sleep. Fear nothing.
I have also had dreams that I could fly, above a sparkling beach and felt the warm air on my skin.
Become one with your intentions. Learn control. Sail the seas for eternity.
Peace brotha
>>
>>35546098
>>35545994
You don't get rem sleep with melatonin supplements. Your mind is still very active and your probably fucked up in the head so it leads to a bad time.
>>
Dreams, vivid ones are a result of an over active mind. Reducing intake of mental stimulants like caffeine and sugars would help.

Also you could try a grounding method- try a essential oil diffuser. Mentally calming you before sleep and during sleep should really help.
>>
>>35545755
Let go buddy.
The faster you embrace death the faster you let go of your fears.
>>
>>35545755
Meditate or practice mindfulness.
Take some time to just chill out
Turn your computer off 30 mins before bed
>>
>>35545755
Randall Flagg's coming to getcha.
>>
Pot helps me sleep dreamlessly.
>>
>>35546475
Or just install a blue light filter on both computer and phone. 30 minutes does fucking nothing. It's a few hours before sleep
>>
>>35545755
practice lucid dreaming and overcome your fears.
>>
>>35546669
Fear is overwhelming. How does one overcome it?
>>
>>35546669
/x/ pls go
>>
Well, things like pot -can- make dreaming difficult, but for some it exacerbates them. Lucid dreaming is also an option but that takes practice and a certain degree of mental control of your faculties. Also worth mentioning there are a few scary things that can happen when you lucid dream so do some research beforehand. You could also try and find a shrink, which can be fantastic, but that sort of hinges on the shrink and you being able to work this out. Not all shrinks are created equal.

Your dreams can apparently teach you a thing or two about your subconscious mind. Try to think of this as a learning experience.
>>
File: 1432759843845.jpg (35KB, 385x500px) Image search: [Google]
1432759843845.jpg
35KB, 385x500px
>>35545755
>waking up in the basement with that "thing" down there we all ran from as children
>>
>>35545755
It's okay, anon. They are but visions of what's to come. The stars are almost right and the Old One will wake up from his slumber to once again plunge the world into chaos.

>soon.jpg
>>
File: tulpa.png (2MB, 1600x5000px) Image search: [Google]
tulpa.png
2MB, 1600x5000px
>>35546753
>lucid dreaming
>a good idea
Enjoy your manifested demons
>>
>>35548203
>be autistic brony with mental health issues
>force yourself to create an imaginary friend
>fuck up your mental health even more

kek
>>
>>35546178
>You don't get rem sleep with melatonin supplements

wrong
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14715839
>>
>>35545755
Learn to recognise you're dreaming. You can learn to control them, make them your own. Also, it might sound clicheish, but talk to your dream beaings.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.