[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one practical reason why someone should work biceps outside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: McGregorHollowayScared.jpg (360KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
McGregorHollowayScared.jpg
360KB, 2400x1600px
Give me one practical reason why someone should work biceps outside of chinups, rows, and deadlifts??

Curls are literally useless and just for you fuccbois who lift for girls. Stay cucked nu-males
>>
>>35545289
Better support for heavier compounds.
Good grip strength
>>
I used to think this but they help train muscles used for weighted chin ups and rows. ez bar preacher curls are pretty sweet. They help with tucking your elbows in for pulling movements and seem to put your joints in the least danger compared to other curl variations. They are accessories though.
>>
>>35545289
To oppose your "lifting for girls" bs
Replace biceps with any body part.
Why would you neglect training anything?
>>
>>35545363
Because I actually use them for stuff unlike biceps
>>
For a balanced physique

If you're going to isolate something, you should isolate other things too
>>
>>35545289
>Curls are literally useless
Respect, and peace, OP, you are right.
However note that bicep work is often unavoidable when doing certain other exercises, like rows, so they get developed whether you intended to or not.
That being said most people should do work that develops triceps, they're at least as useful as biceps and often get ignored.
>>
>>35545494
im not isolating anything

im doing all compound lifts

>a balanced physique

who gives a fuck about your "physique" when it doesnt do shit
>>
>>35545511
'Balanced' in this context can (and should) apply to possible muscle imbalances that can actually cause you to injure yourself in certain circumstances.
>>
>>35545289

Weak biceps/strong triceps is a recipe for serious elbow pain. Hard to train optimally when your joints constantly hurt.
>>
>>35545511
>one muscle becomes strong
>imbalance
>all of a sudden joint pain
>but muh compounds
If you want strength, you're going to need to isolate eventually
>>
>>35545453
>doesn't use biceps
how do you live
it's a very very functional muscle for everyday shit
>>
>>35545534

Depends on the person (and heavily on their form/proportions/etc). Some people need a ton of isolation work to balance everything out, some need only a little bit and a few can get away with none.
>>
>>35545524
Otherwise referred to as 'muscle imbalance'.
>>
My cousin competes nationally and internationally in powerlifting. She had the same, "lol why would I train biceps, I dont need them to be strong" thought process you have. Then she got tendinitis from having triceps that were too much stronger than biceps, which set her training on her bench press back significantly. Train your biceps, you need them.
>>
>>35545289
There is a reason you look like shit
>>
>>35545289
Curls are excellent for elbow health. That's a fact. If you're serious about lifting, you're doing yourself a disservice, if you aren't doing regular isolation work for your elbow flexors.
Also, some people (usually those with a great mind-muscle connection to their backs) don't get a lot of arm stimulation from compound exercises and will need to do some isolation work in order not to have a weak link.

Also, if you think that looking good can't actually be practical then I've got news for you, pal.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.