[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Experience with ~Keto?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Antioxidants.jpg (61KB, 560x346px) Image search: [Google]
Antioxidants.jpg
61KB, 560x346px
So, if I've been on a 3k+ Cal diet for over 1y, and I'm setting up / starting to cut out carbs for a bit because I read that an abundance can cause cellular gumming or something. Notably, I didn't actually lift through that diet and also didn't gain any weight it would seem. I guess I do a lot of brainstorming, as I'm mostly sedentary. Is my metabolism going to eat potential gains?

I can get about 150g protein without trying, but I'm getting that mostly from shakes, making sure to take a vitamin and some source of phosphorus for ATP (featherweight baking powder, milk, etc.). Beyond all that, it'd be great getting some information on reducing inflammation. I hear that some or all foods can promote it. I'm taking a lot of large-value ORAC foods (cinnamon, cloves).

What's fresh?
>>
>>35537550

Keto is for fatties like me who, above all else, don't want to be fatties anymore. You can (and I do) make noob gains on keto, as it is high protein by default, but this isn't my primary goal at this point. My goal is to slim down first, and then worry about gains later.
>>
File: HGH.png (45KB, 703x488px) Image search: [Google]
HGH.png
45KB, 703x488px
>>35538008
Another reason, though, is making sure to stay hypoglocemic for HGH.
>>
>>35539307
HGH can't do shit without carbs.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21427215
>>
>>35537550
>I'm taking a lot of large-value ORAC foods (cinnamon, cloves)
In what amounts? It's easy to eat 100 grams of blueberry, eating 100 grams of ground cloves is a different story.
>>
>>35539424
Not to be that guy, but I wonder if they gave them proper nutrition / a vitamin, antioxidants, and other keys. If they're not getting B vitamins and micronutrients from what should be carbs, that really undermines the study.

>>35539476
Blueberries are listed as 6552 ORAC val., and 100g of that would be equal to 5g cinnamon on the low end of cinnamon potency -- 2.4x less than that (about 2g) if it's cloves.

I put 2g of cinnamon, if not more, in just about everything (literally).
>>
>>35539565
>Minerals and vitamins (micronutrients, crude ash) have been adapted to the respective ME contents of each diet. The amounts of micronutrients added were based on the AIN-93G reference diet.

Looks like there was adequate micronutrients.

The real reason is likely to be that insulin signaling is required for optimal expression of growth hormone receptors.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6250795

High fat diets reduce insulin (so less is available to stimulate insulin signaling) and cause insulin resistance (insulin signaling doesn't work as well even with equal amounts of insulin)
>>
>>35539565
>cinnamon
Cassia or Ceylon?

And you should know that ORAC relevance is being questioned, also I could not find a lot on the in vivo antioxidant potential of cinnamon.
>>
keto is a nightmare if you're used to working out 5-6x a week for 1h30.

That's why I quit keto after 3 weeks, my gym sessions were a joke, I didn't have any energy
>>
File: tfw.png (37KB, 616x870px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
37KB, 616x870px
>>35539801
>I could not find a lot on the in vivo antioxidant potential of cinnamon
You should be able to feel it. Dank some 5-8g of cinnamon or a huge glass of clove tea (1-3g steep mix). It's great, especially cloves. The sort of diet also makes me feel more satisfied, like I'm full or completing a cycle of something.

Cinnamon rubbed on to muscle group areas before lifting also seems to pump them up quite a bit.

>Cassia or Ceylon
Whatever Amazon and Walmart have in 1-2lb. bulk -- about 1lb/mo or so.

>>35539814
Coming from 3.5k Cal through this week, here's my first day on the low, basically. Don't include coffee and maybe some oil, but I was out of energy a little after noon.. knocked out until I got up and ate some chicken, but I would imagine it was because I didn't have any phosphorus except in a little milk. Also, maybe because switching in to ketone mode, but I was still getting some carbs.

I have yet to really start lifting though. My weight bench came in the mail, and I'm planned to go pick up the weights later.
>>
>>35539476
You can easily get non-negligible amounts of cinnamon in by mixing it in with your coffee, food etc.
>>
>>35539814
>Doing keto for 3 weeks straight.

Absolute madman. You can do carb refeeds every 1/2 weeks and you'll still get into keto.
>>
>>35540012
>>Cassia or Ceylon
>Whatever Amazon and Walmart have in 1-2lb. bulk -- about 1lb/mo or so.
I was asking because cinnamon contains coumarin, and Cassia 100x more so than Ceylon.
Please check out http://examine.com/supplements/Cinnamon/
>>
>>35540259
>It's Cassia
Fuck, this thread is helpful.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.