[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Routine for MMA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

What do you think about this for the strength and conditioning part of MMA?

Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift
3x5 Pendlay Rows
3xF Neck/Abs superset

Workout B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Press
3x5 Power cleans
3xF Dips/Chin Ups superset
3xF Neck/Abs superset

3 rounds of rope jumping after training and on rest days (in other words, everyday).

In the MMA classes we do both technical and conditioning work (flipping tires, battle ropes and shit like that).
>>
File: lyd.png (1MB, 1280x709px) Image search: [Google]
lyd.png
1MB, 1280x709px
Bumping with some Lydia
>>
Plz respond
>>
>>35531634
it depends on where you are in your training development. Id say sticking to the SS template and progressing normally is fine enough, all the extra will keep you very fatigued with the added jump rope AND training. I train on the standard template, go hard as hell on it, and my progression has been great. Dont add stuff for the sake of making it look cool. I know if i miss a weight training session and have to make it up on a day I have to spar and roll it sucks, so depending on how often you're in your mma training weekly I'd say the jump rope is unnecessary as well. You should look to practice techniques that you learned in class instead for cardio. Like working your flexibility and kicking +combos on the off days if you're really bored.
>>
>>35532132
Thanks man, my daily routine goes as follows:

Mon, Wed, Fri: lifting weights in the morning/afternoon. MMA at night.

Tue, Thu: Jiu Jitsu at night.
>>
>>35532183
Busy schedule my man.

Managing your rest and recovery to progressively increase weights will be hard with that busy schedule, assuming you work or have school or something as well.

just get focused in the weightroom, get the blood flowing and smash some fucking PR's. Combining smart strength training and recovery with Martial arts is challenging, but seeing the results in both areas is the best feeling.

Also eat well with the amount of work you're doing.

Good luck to you, and if you have questions look at the SSwiki or better yet read practical programming.
>>
>>35532269
Thanks man, I'm currently on vacation so it's not being hard, once uni starts again it will be harder, but far from impossible if I manage my time right.
>>
>>35531634
ammy mma bro here.

Unless you are a beginner at liftan, I would not suggest an ss style routine to compliment your mma. If you are a young and healthy beginner, go for it, otherwise it will wreck you.

I do a Lower/Upper/MMA/Rest routine when not training for a fight. When training for a fight, go full cardio and mma mode.
>>
>>35532555
This
>>
>>35532555
Trips of truth

the best way to get beter at fighting is fighting, otherwise you risk adding weight to muscles you wont use.
>>
>>35532279

Is that you Dylan?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.