[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is low carb/high fat valid at all, or is it just another fad diet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (91KB, 623x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 623x415px
Is low carb/high fat valid at all, or is it just another fad diet?
>>
>>35527422

it makes you feel satisfied/not hungry while you're on a deficit. You still have to count calories
>>
It sucks if you lift.

/thread
>>
>>35527422

40/40/20 fat/carbs/protein is objectively master race
>>
As long as you have enough proteins/calories it doesn't matter right ?
If i eat too much sugar i feel like shit tho so i try to avoid it.
>>
>>35527667

this. Enjoy having no energy at the gym
>>
>>35527422
I'm on it right now, the worst thing is that fucking acetone breath you'll have, I'm sick of it.
>>
>>35527436
This. Keeps me from feeling hungry, but calories still count.

Fatties probably benefit the most from this.
>>
bullshit articles/research and advice from anons aside, these are undeniable facts:
everybody who recommends keto is either DYEL as fuck or on roids and most likely trolling
everybody who's muscular or a serious athlete eats a ton of carbs
>>
>>35527422
>low carb
great way to destroy your health starting with your thyroid

eat high carb, low fat OP
>>
>>35527422

Pros
> keeps you satiated in a calorie deficit
> useful for epilepsy, adhd, diabetes, and some brain disorders.
> burn fat at a faster rate.
> maintain muscle better while in a deficit

cons
> need occasional carb up, especially before you hit the gym for glycogen replenishment.
> hard to resist sugary delicious food sometimes.

no and it's not a meme.

>>35528483

I guess Vince Gironda, Lyle Mcdonald, Jason Blaha, and Elliott Hulse are all dyel and have no idea what they're talking about then? OP. Do yourself a favor and do t go to 4chan for advice.
>>
Keto shill reporting in.

It is for fatties trying to burn fat. It is NOT for skinnies trying to bulk.

What they say about having low energy in the gym is true. However I've been able to counter this with creatine and a pre workout.
>>
>>35528569
you're right, they're all natty, credible and the fact that 99.9% of people with knowledge and experience about lifting and nutrition disagree doesn't matter
>>
>>35528569

Oh and almost forgot.

> adapting to ketosis

Make sure to ween yourself from the carbs for minimal performance loss.
>>
>>35528602

Well keto diets aren't for everyone. There is no perfect diet, but you can't simply refute it as an unviable diet when there are plenty of people who recomp on it and maintain leanness year round while on it. Oh and whether the people I named are on drugs or not is irrelevant. Steroids don't change the way your body reacts to macros, only the rate at which protein is absorbed and muscle is built.
>>
>>35528688
you're literally a meme
>>
>>35527422

your body does not give a fuck about macros, as long as you're giving him the correct amount of calories, water, protein, micronutrients and avoiding high processed shit as much as you can.
>>
>>35528731
You're literally a cuck
>>
Keto is only for seriously obese fatfucks. Great for fat-loss, shit for anything else.
>>
>>35527667
>>35527810

Bullshit. Even on Keto you can lift heavy. Read for example about targeted keto diet.
>>
>>35528874
MEME
E
M
E
>>
BUMP FOR INTEREST

What would happen if you're on keto for a few months... and then go back to not counting your macros BUT still eating at maintenance?

Will you literally just gain all the weight back?
>>
>>35530000

No, according to /fit/ weight gain and weight loss is purely calories in vs calories out.

You can use the keto cheat code by literally doing keto for a while to lose all the weight and then go back to eating whatever the fuck you want as long as you're eating around maintenance you won't gain weight
>>
>>35528520
Hclf masterrace
>>35528799
Yes, great for weightloss because its literally a state of sickness.
It will also fuck up your health despite losing weight.
>>
>>35528569
>Vince Gironda
roidhead who's been dead for 20 years
>Lyle Mcdonald, Jason Blaha, and Elliott Hulse
completely irrelevant e-celebs and professional bullshitters. you legitimately consider the 'advice' these hacks give anything but garbage? that's embarassing anon.
>>
>>35530154
>weight gain and weight loss is purely calories in vs calories out

that's exactly what it boils down to. no matter what meme diet or fad supplements you're on, that simple principle is what decides whether you gain or lose weight.
>>
>>35527697
So average American diet?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.