[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What gives you more advantage in a fight. Being tall and built

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11

File: LgEWRbT.webm (489KB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
LgEWRbT.webm
489KB, 202x360px
What gives you more advantage in a fight. Being tall and built or learning martial arts?
>>
>>35525505
having a weapon
>>
>>35525516
/thread
>>
>>35525505
being built and learning a martial art. Height is pretty irrelevant in a fight.
>>
>>35525550
>Height is pretty irrelevant in a fight.
ahahaha
>>
>>35525505
that chimp went full gorilla warfare
>>
>>35525516
What if you aren't a southerner?
>>
>>35525516
>>35525522
Do you see that as an option in my opening post?
Dont ever answer my thread again unless your contribute something to the topic
>>
>>35525552
Great counter argument, but that's just the reality of things. Obviously in professional combat sport height and reach does matter when you're a stand-up fighter, but at the same time height can also easily become a huge disadvantage when fighting against a short, stocky wrestler or grappler who could take you down at will.

You sound like the typical neckbeard who has never been in a fight in their life.
>>
>>35525505
fun fact: the short guy is actually 5'8
>>
>>35525653
see OP pls, that's how manlets look
>>
>>35525552
Haha yea bruce lee would totally lose to lanky arm big tall master race.
I wonder why out special operations require a height restriction.. Being above 6'2 is a disadvantage in real world tactical situations, your long limbs wont save you from supressing fire
>>
>>35525663
*5'10
>>35525665
>muh bruce lee
All theatre.
>>
>>35525505
what condition does the small guy have srs question.
inb4 manletism
>>
>>35525505
dwarves get +2 strength and make the best fighters
>>
>>35525664
No, that's how midgets look. A manlet according to /fit/ would be someone like Fedor Emelianenko, Mike Tyson, Mark Hunt, Daniel Cormier, Cain Valasques etc.
>>
>>35525665
The only restriction is being above 5'5
Marcus luttrell was 6'5, Chris kyle was like 6'3
Go back to manletland
>>
>>35525722
>A manlet according to /fit/ would be someone like Fedor Emelianenko, Mike Tyson, Mark Hunt, Daniel Cormier, Cain Valasques etc.
All manlets you are correct.
>>
File: 32822815.jpg (54KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
32822815.jpg
54KB, 640x360px
>>35525700
There are plenty of real fighters who beat the shit out of taller fighters.

Pic related. Guess who won.
>>
>>35525722
Who all had horrible losses in their career and fought plenty of nobodies. Look at jon jones real deal fresh our generation talent and you see why height is dominant.
>>
>>35525701

fivefoottenism
>>
>>35525710
Dwarves are medium size.
Halflings get -2 Strength and -1 on attack and fucking suck at fighting.
>>
File: 1451249987038.png (724KB, 776x684px) Image search: [Google]
1451249987038.png
724KB, 776x684px
>>35525505
I THOUGHT THAT WAS A FUCKING KID

>>
Nothing can prepare you for a fight better than a well-placed pipe bomb.
>>
What I used to tell my students was that being stronger and faster never lost anybody a fight...but there's always someone better than you

then i would have my 4'11" co teacher demonstrate technique on the biggest dude in the room and encourage him to try and stop her.

so skill trumps strength and size but size and strength only help your skill.
>>
>>35525748
I already said height can be to your advantage in combat sports if you can dance around the ring / cage and keep your distance. However in a real fight it is mostly irrelevant. The fact that there are tons of hightly successful martial artists who beat up much taller opponents just proves that fact even more. Not to mention plenty of those horrible losses of these fighters actually came at the hands of shorter fighters. Fedor for example lost to a much shorter Dan Henderson. He also lost to a much taller bigfoot Silva, who in return got suffered horrible losses at the hands of much shorter fighters.
>>
>>35525505
As someone who teaches full contact self defense and has been in fights, your first ~3 fights you get through by luck just because your adrenaline is pumping so much.

That being said most martial arts won't help you too much in a street fight unless it's a contact sport like boxing/wrestling/muay thai .

Most fights will end up on the ground if you don't get KO'd right off the bat, so be prepared for that. especially since on the ground is where strength/size become a much bigger factor, especially if you are both untrained.

Avoiding a fight is always the best option, the best weapon you have is de-escalating and running away, but if you do get into a fight end it as soon as possible, knees and elbows are your friend. Aim for weak points, no one can build muscle on their throat/balls. Boxing the ears works very well too if you get grabbed

Google self-defense language and use it. never instigate to protect yourself legally.
>>
Being tall and built might help you avoid a fight in the first place. But a manlet will eventually surpass you in fighting skill with martial arts training (we're talking at least a year or more here, not "a few lessons")
>>
>>35525701
looks like proportionate dwarfism, wonder why he's so pissed at her.
>>
>>35525550
>Height is pretty irrelevant in a fight.
t. never been in a fight
>>
>>35525798

>Asking a large man to seriously attack a woman in front of a bunch of other men, after springing the challenge on him suddenly
>Thinking anything other than surprise, hesitation, and deeply-ingrained social pressures give the chick a chance
>Running a school where a 4'11" woman can generally hang with the other people in the room

You're a shit teacher and your school is a bullshido cash-cow.
>>
>>35525872
On the contrary. People who think height is an important factor are the ones who have never been in a fight before.
>>
>>35525814
Stop being disillusion those big fighters were nobodies. When it comes to dedication to fighting the taller man will always win. Lot of fighters are drug users, emotional wrecks and idiots. Jon jones is straight edge, close to go and dedicated as they come.
>>
>>35525552
>>35525872
I can tell YOU'VE never been in a fight

Weight>>>>height

Notice how combat sports have weight classes, not height classes
>>
>>35525872
I'm saying this BECAUSE I have experience fighting. Both in real life situations and because I've trained in judo for over 10 years. I think people like you just completely lack any sort of competitive experiences in their lives and genuinely start to believe the sort of dumb shit they read on 4chan. Just join an mma or BJJ gym and do a sparring session with some short guys for a nice reality check.
>>
>>35525842
Thats because normal fags who never get into fights can put 2+2 together and know if they physically stronger can take guy down easily by grabbing their waist. Takedowns are so easily too pull off and there really is no defense in your normal fag fight if the guy going for the take down is much stronger and heavier gets ahold of the lighter fighter.
>>
>>35525505
this is like asking what gives you more of an advantage in running, having long legs or actually running often, that's how stupid your fucking question is
>>
>>35525928
Not sure if you are genuinely retarded or just trolling. Yes, if you are Jon Jones, one of the physically most gifted fighters in the world and an elite wrestler with great takedown defense, your height is an advantage. For any regular lanklet, height doesn't matter for shit in a fight. It only becomes a slight disadvantage because you can be taken down easier due to your awkward center of balance.
>>
>>35525928
You do realize Jones literally tested positive for cocaine right? He's also an elite athlete with elite reach. His reach is usually 10" longer than most people his size so he's an outlier, but in a street fight height has no affect on the outcome of a fight.

you're retarded
>>
>>35525505
For the love of god sauce
>>
>>35526015
He is genuinely retarded. People like him have never grappled or sparred or trained in a combat sport so they don't know anything.

One day he will see that a little skinny dyel manlet mma fighter will whoop his ass in front of a bunch of people.

Weights+Height does not equal good fighter.

Fight training+cardio equals good fighter.

The average man has enough strength to grapple and punch out any man in the world. The skill becomes more necessary
>>
>>35525552

lanky arms are easier to break, faggot.
>>
>>35526051
>His reach is usually 10" longer
HURR HURR that must mean lanklet monkey arms have no advantage I r retard xD.
This how delusional you are.
>>
MMA wrestler here
height is important but tall people often have it worse.
>>
>>35526120

try finishing the sentence next time retard

>His reach is usually 10" longer than most people his size so he's an outlier

This has to be bait, everyone go home
>>
I'd say martial arts until the weight difference becomes way too big. That would be atleast around 35-40 kg. Judging from sparring with BJJ guys and girls of different sizes and experience levels.
>>
>>35526078
LOL thats pure fantasy shit dude. 4kids disney star wars mary sue shit. Some dyel asian Jackie chan village kid can't beat on average a European kid in a fight due to shit like bone density and height advantage from a ancestrial diet much richer then rice rice erey day.
>>
>>35525505
LOOK AT THE FUCKING NOSE ON THAT LITTLE KIKE
>>
>>35525701
Manletism
>>
/fit/ is going to get a 6'5 lanklet killed with this thread

>hurr I can beat anyone
>>
>>35525550
Height matter a whole fucking lot actually. It provides longer reach, as well as a massive advantage when up close. It doesn't matter as much as weight or technique, but it is definitely VERY relevant.
>>
>>35526244
how is it a massive advantage close up? someone with shorter arms can generate more power in a smaller space.

Grappling I could see bc you can get more leverage, but not stand up fighting
>>
>>35526244
>massive advantange up close
This. I'm 6'2 and dominate my manlet friends when we drunken wrestle (even one that's a powerlifter). My leverages are so much better for grappling.

In a fight, reach advantage would be fucking huge.
>>
>>35526293
I mean very up close, so yeah, grappling as well as orientation. When fighting taller people I usually had trouble simply because I could only see my opponents body and would often lose control. Learning this, I would always go up close against shorter opponents.

I guess it depends on what kind of martial art you're practising though.
>>
>>35526244
Be 5 foot 10 inches
Have 6 foot half inch reach
Benching is hard
>>
>>
>>35526408
>being short without having short people advantages

Bro, I'm so sorry
>>
>>35525603
I think it's having a weapon that gives you the advantage in a fight. Unfortunately your penis is small.
>>
>>35525505
Being Bruce Lee
>>
>>35526060
>sauce
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r8W7a9OZY8

his name is "köksal baba"
>>
>>35526184
>some malnourished asian child could nevr beat up a modern european kid!

Do you know what avarage means?
>>
Manlet = 5 - 5'11

Anything over = Man
Anything under = Midget
>>
>>35526466

thx b
>>
>>35525505
Jesus, I've never seen Tinytrip so angry
>>
>>35526543
No dude your ugly and stupid and no matter how much you lift your memes will never get any more dank
>>
>>35526568
>t. mad manlet
>>
>>35526184
He could if he's a better fighter you dumb dense son of a bitch. If your logic was correct then the tall fighters would always win.
>>
>>35526417
pretty much sums up the entire thread, as fucking always
>>
File: 1444870268078.png (266KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1444870268078.png
266KB, 400x400px
>>35525505
if they came in waves of 3 with 15 secs spawn interval, how many waves o manlets like that do you think you could handle?
it seems pretty easy but at some point you start to get tired
>>
>>35525735
All of those are under 6' and thus manlets
>>
>>35525894
>Asking a large man to seriously attack a woman

lol no. what i said was "try and stop her"

she's doing the attacking and it was fullblown submission grappling. Experience and skill matter more than anything else; size and strength are just gravy.
>>
>>35525701
He's your normal 5'11. The other guys are 6'2.
>>
>>35525739
Talented fighters being able to beat taller opponents doesn't mean height is irrelevant.
>>
>>35526602
No your a manlet, im 6'4
>>
>>35526853
>6'4
>Not a manlet.
>>
>>35525584
Knife, borken bottle, padlock and a rag. Hammer, crowbar, zwei hander, cross bow. Thermite, molotov, spray bottle of alchol and a lighter.

Whatever. If youre in a place that bans guns then you just need a better weapon then the other guy.
>>
>>35525505
It depends to which degree you have either of those.

A scrawny dwarf with no muscles can pretty much be destroyed by an average guy with some amount of muscles.

So if you don't know how to fight, you best hope you're a LOT larger and stronger than the other guy, because you'll have to rely on brute force.

>>35525550
Height means you'll weight more and that's important in a fight.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 600x800px
>>35526543
Kek most people over 6'0 are autistic lanklets. Nice try skelly boy
>but muh height
>>
I guess it depends on the martial art. I'm 6'2 200lbs and got rekt by a boxer with anger issues. A rude awakening as I used to think I could hold my own because of my size and reach.
>>
File: ayylmao.png (153KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.png
153KB, 333x500px
>>35526665
Someone should mod this as the /fIt/ version of a tower defense game

Any programmers here?
The goal is to fight of as many waves of manlets as possible and for towers you can build tall dudes with barbells, laughing women and everything what manlets regularly have to fight against
>>
>>35526853
>im 6'4

Fuck off manlet, I'm an 11 foot tall prehistoric sloth
>>
>>35528106
It's the size of the fight in the dog, not the dog in the fight. Someone who is fueled up on anger and has a valid reason for their anger while have more adrenaline pumping and will be a lot more ferocious in any physical activity.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRgi5d7XsgY

Why is he so angry?
>>
Weight is a lot more important in fighting than height imo. If you're below 5'10" than you're fucked but after that it's a lot of weight related mechanics unless your opponent is more than half a foot taller than you, in which case you shouldn't be fighting him.
>>
>>35526408
do you have really long legs too with a stubby torso?
>>
File: karelin.jpg (90KB, 500x686px) Image search: [Google]
karelin.jpg
90KB, 500x686px
>>35525653
>but at the same time height can also easily become a huge disadvantage when fighting against a short, stocky wrestler or grappler who could take you down at will.
Whatever helps you sleep, manlet
>>
File: riner.jpg (49KB, 600x666px) Image search: [Google]
riner.jpg
49KB, 600x666px
>>35528297
>>
>>35525516
Batman.
>>
>>35528297
Being stocky is what makes you win fights if you're both inexperienced, but you don't have to be short to be stocky. Being stocky is usually bigger bone structure, as in thicker wrists, broader shoulders etc and those guys are hard as fuark to knock out because they usually have chins of steel and thick necks. Height is an advantage in almost every single aspect. Karelin was 6'3 as well lol, big fucker
>>
File: 2473638-brock-lesnar.png (762KB, 1133x972px) Image search: [Google]
2473638-brock-lesnar.png
762KB, 1133x972px
>>35528297
>>35528308
>>
>>35525505
Well the only one you can personally help is learning martial arts.

Being tall does really help tho. I used to believe it didn't but honestly now I'm an experienced martial artist I breathe a sigh of relief when I come up against an opponent that's a similar height or shorter than me. Since all my instructors are much taller.

When you're taller than your opponent you can strike them while out of their range or in grappling just lean on them and let them tire themselves outs.

That said being tall alone and not being able to fight won't help anyone against and experienced fighter.
>>
>>35525505
what gives you more advantage in a bodybulding contest? being huge and shredded or knowing programming?
>>
>>35528308
6'8", 300 pounds. The true alpha. Flexible as hell and could easily kill a manlet with a quick kick to the dome
>>
Fighting experience>strength(as in strongman type strength)>height>weight
>>
File: betalanklet.jpg (76KB, 634x417px) Image search: [Google]
betalanklet.jpg
76KB, 634x417px
>muh height
>>
>>35528334
I'm 6'4, 78kg~ (yes, I'm full skellington). I used to roll with a dude 6'2, 120kg~. When I started if he got a dominant position I was fucked because he'd just lie down and there was no way I was going to shift him. After I got gud I was tapping him on the reg because I was faster than him in shifting positions and predicting what he was going to do.

Cross training judo really helped my ground game but I was pretty lucky in that where I trained had a massive emphasis on ground compared to most judo joints and we rolled with bjj dudes once a week after normal training.
>>
Stand up fight? All things being equal reach will win out

Grounded? Who had the better hips
Hips are key to wrestling. The lower you can get them the more force you can exert.
>>
>>35528625
It's one thing to have an advantage, it's another to know how to use the advantage to your advantage.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.